The Emperor and the Temple Ch. 03

Story Info
Queen Zantina's Fool.
1.7k words
4.47
7k
1

Part 4 of the 24 part series

Updated 02/15/2024
Created 11/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Taneric the Great - or Tak, as he was commonly known in those days - returned to his homeland after Queen Zantina's coronation, he was accompanied by Harl, captain of her Castle Guard. Harl stayed with Taneric and his companions for two days, until they reached the Carfah hills; the border between their lands. There, he bade them farewell and returned to Casbur. Upon his return, he went straight to Zantina's apartments in the Castle, where he hoped to find her alone. To his disappointment, she was instead sitting on her throne in the state room, surrounded by a large group of courtiers and advisors. Before this gathering stood a stout, dishevelled man with a mop of untidy blond hair. The man was staring nervously down at one of the Queen's pets which had chosen that moment to sniff him in curiosity. He perhaps had good reason to be apprehensive, as Sunerian tigers are large animals and can be unpredictable.

"Ah, Harl, come and join us," said Zantina. "This is Joris, who used to be Chief Minister under my father. Xia! Leave him alone! Look, Harl is here!"

Xia, seeing Harl, padded over to welcome him and was joined by her sister Tori, jumping down from a couch in the corner of the room. Together, they nuzzled him, seeking his attention. He dropped to his haunches and wrapped an arm around each of their necks.

"Harl, you have never met Joris have you? He served my father for a short time, before you came to us here at the Castle. You have probably met some of his bastards, of which there are many, is that not right Joris? How many are there now?"

"Ah, well, your majesty, that is to say, quieta non movere, or, so to speak, better to___"

"Ha! I don't think he knows." said Zantina, laughing.

"I do not understand all your words." said Harl to the man, who was now squirming in discomfort.

"Ah yes," Zantina interrupted, "Joris is well educated, or expensively educated at least. He has studied old languages, tongues that were ancient even to the ancients. And he does not wish us to forget it. He is a man of many failings, but it was his relentless pursuit of the female sex that was his downfall. Is that not so Joris? In truth, I do not understand what any proper lady would see in you, unless she be aroused purely by power. I'll grant that you do have a certain clumsy wit which becomes tolerable after many goblets of wine. But Joris, you went too far when you impregnated two of my mother's ladies in waiting, did you not? And in the same night, in the same bed so they say. You shake your head, Joris? You should be proud of your carnal achievements, because you had precious few in government. Harl, my mother the Queen - Wodh rest her soul - had Joris gelded and sent far away. Renuntiatio amicitiae, eh Joris? You see, I play your little game too."

There were chuckles among the gathered group, and poor Joris looked down to the floor, crestfallen.

Zantina continued, "But I have decided that Joris has certain qualities, certain talents, that are greatly needed here in court. I have decided to bring him back so that he can continue to serve his monarch and her people. And now at least, courtesy of my mother, the ladies of my court will surely be unburdened by his attentions."

Joris looked up, suddenly encouraged, "Oh your majesty, you will find me the loyalest of your subjects, ever willing to do your bidding, a faithful donkey that needs neither carrot nor stick. I will be the thrust behind you as you achieve greatness, your footstool as you_____".

"As I mount my horse?" Zantina replied, "Yes, I like that, Joris. You see, I always said you were a man of ideas."

She leaned in close to him and whispered into his ear, "And you are right Joris, you shall receive no carrot. And as for the stick, I shall wield it myself."

He paled as she stepped back from him.

"And I have a gift for you Joris. A uniform that befits your new status. Go to the room beyond and dress. Come back to us quickly so we may admire you!"

A servant stepped forward with a package and guided the trembling man to a door at the side of the room as Zantina turned to address Harl.

"The Sons of the North left our lands safely?" she asked.

Harl nodded, but said nothing.

"A remarkable man this Taneric," said Tobas, the Queen's Chief Minister. "He appears strong and confident. And you found him to be good company, did you not Your Majesty? During the banquet." He added the last sentence after a short delay, concerned that the Queen might mistake his meaning. "Unusual for one who has been so long a slave."

"He is his father's son." said Harl, to murmurs of agreement from the group.

"And what of the Cargian slavers within my realm?" said Zantina

"Some have been found and taken to the border." replied Tobas.

"I ordered that they be hanged."

"But word of their banishment has not reached all corners of the Kingdom, Your Majesty. It would not be just." said Tobas

"Nevertheless, it is my wish. See that this is the fate of any that remain!"

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

But now the door of the antechamber opened and there stood Joris, in a costume of blue and yellow and red; a hat fashioned to have several floppy points, each with a little bell at the end, a set of breeches with legs of different hues, a coat made from coloured patches, all different shapes. It was the costume of a court fool.

"Joris, you look splendid!" cried Zantina, clapping her hands together. But where is your little staff?"

The servant stepped forward to give it to him. A small colourful stick with a little bell attached to one end.

"Ring your bell for us when you have something amusing to say, Joris. You can start at the banquet tonight. But now, all leave! I would talk with Harl alone."

****

When they were alone together Harl said sharply, "That was cruel."

Zantina stared at him for a moment, reddening.

"I could have you flogged!"

"Zantina, I told you I would always speak the truth to you."

She softened, and took some steps towards him, "Oh Harl, you are right. But you know nothing of what has passed between that man and I. And he was a dreadful minister, corrupt and negligent, acting only to satisfy his own ego and to enrich his friends, while the poor of my realm suffered."

"And he has not been sufficiently punished?"

"Perhaps. But let us not talk of it now, Harl. Come to me!".

She opened her arms for him and he came to her, kneeling as he embraced her. She held his head tight to her belly, stroking his long hair. The tiger Xia came to them, trying to push between.

"She is jealous." said Harl.

"Of me as much as of you, Harl. My girls love you. But Harl, listen to me. There is something we should discuss. You must not call me Zantina, it is no longer appropriate."

"I shall address you as majesty in front of others." he replied, keeping his head pressed against her.

"But Harl, I am afraid you will forget yourself."

"Then what should I do? Call you majesty even when we are alone? When we lie together?"

"Yes, but that would indeed seem strange, Harl. Call me 'my queen' instead. It will be your special privilege."

"Yes, my queen," he said, testing the phrase on his tongue. "Did you lie with Taneric on the morning of your coronation?"

"Ah, I see Xia is not the only one to show jealousy. I did not, Harl. I wanted to but he denied me."

"I take little comfort from that answer, my queen."

"I know Harl. But did you not say, just a few moments ago, that you will always speak the truth to me? I make the same promise."

Harl moved his face to her crotch, pressing hard into her, trying to inhale her through the thick fabric of her gown. She kept a hand on the back of his head.

"I understand your mood Harl. you crave me strongly tonight. How long has it been? Two days to the Carfah hills and two back. Four days. A long time for a man of your appetite. But I enjoy you like this; aroused, attentive, eager to please. You know Harl, there exist devices which can be attached to a male, ensuring he must remain chaste. Have you not heard of this?"

Harl looked up at her and scoffed, "Yes, but these are just stories or, if such things do exist, they are surely novelties."

"Think again Harl! My own mother used such devices on her lovers, not wishing to share them with others and perhaps observing, as I have, that boys become more pleasing after a period of abstinence, even from the pleasures of their own hands. And Harl, any husband in the City of the Goddess will tell you that such devices are not novelties. Ladies of the City openly wear the keys on gold chains around their necks. Open your eyes when next you are there!"

Harl sighed, "Zantina, my queen, you have changed in these recent days. There is something harsher about you, more determined. I fear it."

"You love me less?"

"No, my love rises with my fear. Your power intoxicates me. That is why I am afraid."

She lowered her head to kiss his brow. "Do not be afraid, Harl, I am the same Zantina. I have no wish for a slave in my bed, so see that you do not become one! But the burden must be on you, for if you allow me to enslave you I surely will. It is my nature. Continue to correct me when I am wrong, question me, lie with me as an equal, move me around the bed like a rag doll if you must."

"I do not do that!" he laughed

"Yes Harl, you do," she replied. "You do not know your own strength, and I am but a little thing am I not? But I would have it no other way. Come, let us go to my bedchamber now, we have plenty of time before tonight's banquet."