The Enforcer Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What type of difference were you thinking? Just different abilities?" I am becoming nervous now.

"The stages are chosen, enlightened, and enforcer. You are the first enforcer so I am learning through this just as you are. You have a more direct line to the magic but not as direct as mine. You have the ability to kill magic users, but only if they are deserving and if there is no other way. You killed Don to try to make some of the rest of the cuthren back down. You have greater responsibilities than the rest. But that also means the consequences are greater as well." As we were walking I glanced up at where we were going. There was a long building at the end of the road that was dimly lit.

"What's that building up there?" Glancing back at her I saw that she stopped. Walking back to her slowly and it was only a few steps. She exhaled deeply.

"That is your own sanctuary in my world. There are spell books that are hidden from the chosen that I have had. No other's have had free reign here like I am giving you. The spell books are from long ago and ones I thought we wouldn't need anymore. The spells are deadly but you have the power to use them. Now we also have the need." With the last words, she was gone.

Looking back at the building, I knew I needed to look at these books but I also knew I had to try not to use them. Walking toward the building which looked basic and plain on the outside. I thought about my parents. How they did everything they could to protect me. I thought about Sarah and how she didn't deserve to be put in that situation she was in. I thought about the coven and everything they had to endure just to survive from the cuthren. It was now up to me.

Walking into the building with a new found confidence I began to look around. The room was pretty much empty except for a bookshelf along one wall. There were only three books on it.

Looking through the first one I found a series of spells from protection to attacks. Even a spell that would stop a person's lungs from pulling in air. Another spell to pull oxygen out of a certain area. Every spell was to protect from death or to take someone's life.

"This is your sanctuary so just imagine the furniture that you would like and it will be." Her voice echoed through my mind and I thought about what I would need. I just put a table and chairs in place and a recliner.

After sitting at the table and looking through the books discovering what I could use to do what was needed, I just began to think. Am I really the right person for this? Going back and forth through my mind. I came to the conclusion that whether I wanted it or not was up to me. I couldn't let everyone down that was depending on me.

With the past realizations that I had, the last of my worries melted away. The first part of this... Whatever this is called. Quest? Mission? The first part of my plan would be to talk to the cuthren. Any person who wanted to rededicate themselves to Hekate and the coven would be welcomed. The rest, well I would have to exile them. If it came to them not backing down then the last option would be death. But that would be the very last option.

Getting my thoughts in place for the next step. I was pulled out of the realm and back into my body. When I awoke I noticed the fear I had been having recently toward this was no longer there. I felt I was getting ready for this.

I had time to get ready and make it on time to see Sarah. If there was no news of Randy or Brad then I would go to Don's house. It would be time to meet with them and I would walk into the fox den. I was ready to get this coven back together and move to the next.

12