All Comments on 'The Engagement Pt. 04'

by Bardot1990

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Trash

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"If I don't get some pipe up between my legs" ??? What engaged woman talks like this, outside of a male fantasy? If you're going to write from the male pov in every way, including the stupid dialogue, just do so. This whore is nothing but garbage, just like this series.

Bardot1990Bardot1990over 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous said: "What engaged woman talks like this, outside of a male fantasy?"

This is not a romance novel. I am a woman. I dislike romance novels written from a 'female' pov. All romance novels follow the same recipe. "Girl meets boy. Girls dislikes boy. Boy has flaws. Girl gets into trouble. Boy goes out of his way to rescue girl. Girl falls in love with boy." This pap is crap writing. There are some women who enjoy sex and speak about it in crass terms, as my character Cynthia does in this novel. She is not a romance novel heroine. She is an adulteress. A great many women are adulteresses. You just dislike reading about them because they say the things you'd like to say but fear to.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 2 years ago

If the job is to show Cynthia being crass, well, this exceeded that expectation. We see her irrational fears of Teralynn and Jennie to be just that; we view her "stink eye," albeit with the new wrinkle that she wanted to add some steps she liked that wouldn't be a normal part of the routine (OCD); the narcissism rears its head with what she wants as foremost on the list (yes, it is her wedding, but...). Is there some sympathy sneaking in here? Yes, albeit still about a 3 out of 10, rated.

I'm rating the story based on how you drew Cynthia, as being able to see her side still will likely never endear me to her--although you threw in that she was trying to fight the PGAD more; however, some could argue the liaison with "Fred" eliminated what sympathy she could have garnered.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBardot1990@Bardot1990
I am Bardot. I became interested in this genre as a teenager sneaking peeks into the romance novels strewn around the homes of women in my family. The sexually interesting parts could always be found at the ends of each chapter. To me, those books were never descriptiv...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES