The Envoy of Death Ch. 01

Story Info
When Thomas died, he met Death and came back as a woman!
2.5k words
4.59
7.6k
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/28/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story contains concepts of Gender Bending, Straight, and Lesbian sex as well as exploring the concepts of sexuality. If this isn't your cup of tea, this isn't the story for you.

This story will be slow at times, and some chapters might not contain any sex scenes. You have been warned.

All chapters will start with Trigger Warnings. There will be sensitive subjects at times.

Trigger Warnings: Suicide (mentioned)

***

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!" Those were the last words I heard over the ship's intercom before everything went black. I was Thomas Wolfe, Gunner's Mate 3rd Class of the United States Navy before I died. Before I met her.

"Hello Tom," a melodic voice greeted me as I appeared on what could only be another plane of existence still in my Naval coveralls, "I've been waiting for you for a while now." The voice belonged to what had to be the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had flowing yellow locks of hair down to her waist, a decent, but not obscenely large, bust, and a tight pert ass. She was dressed in a flowing white dress. She had an ethereal sense of beauty about her.

All around us was what I could only describe as a white void. I didn't even appear to be standing on anything, despite being able to feel a hard floor under my feet. There was no furniture or anything, just the two of us.

"Am I dead? Is this heaven? Are you an angel?" I asked.

"Yes, no, and no. This is a place in between the mortal realm and the afterlife. I believe it is somewhat akin to Purgatory or perhaps the river Styx from Greek mythology."

"Would that make you Charon?"

"I suppose, though I think I'm much better looking than the myths would lead you to believe. I'm much better known as Death though."

I wouldn't call myself a devout Christian; I attended Sunday services only occasionally. I know that most Christians believe you go to heaven or hell when you die, though I seemed to remember something in the Bible talking about people rising from their graves. Whatever the case, this didn't seem to fit the bill.

And she didn't look like a goddess of death. I would expect the goddess of death to be a goth sitting on a throne made of skulls and bones, not a blond-haired beauty in an endless white void.

"So Christianity was incorrect? And you are a goddess?" I asked, being quite curious.

"Oh, I don't dare speculate on religion. I know something happens in the next realm, but I'm not sure what. There could be an all-powerful being or maybe a collection of less powerful beings. And I wouldn't dare call myself a goddess. I'm more like a corporal form of the concept of Death rather than the goddess of it."

"Corporal form?"

"Yes. How should I explain this? In this realm ideas have power. Strong ideas have stronger power. The twins Love and Hate, for example, also have corporal forms. Death, being the one thing that nearly all people fear, the one thing that most people think about a lot, being the one thing some people use as a means of escape, that has anchored me to a body since the beginning of humanity. But that dream that your neighbor has of one day owning a Lamborghini? That's a weak idea. It's just one thing that one person thinks about, and even then not that often and not that seriously. It's barely even a shadow, and it is as fragile as fine china."

I didn't get it. It all seemed confusing. People had ideas all the time. Shouldn't that mean this place should be full, and not the emptiness I was seeing? And the twins she mentioned, where were they? Were they like her? I decided not to dwell on it, it didn't seem that important anyway.

"So you said you've been waiting for me?"

"Yes. I don't personally greet everyone who dies, after all. I don't even think I could. Most souls pass through this realm without stopping, without even noticing it exists. But every once in a while, I pick out a soul and stop them here so I can speak with them."

"And you chose me? Why?"

"Well, you see I can choose someone who has died to go back to the mortal realm. They become my envoy. I can only have one at a time, but that is one more than most of the others in this realm get. And my last envoy decided to move on not too long ago. About a hundred years or so...."

"A hundred years is not too long ago?" It seemed like a long time to me. The average human only lives to their seventies or something, and I was only in my twenties. A hundred years was an incomprehensible amount of time for me.

"Remember what I said earlier? I've been around since the dawn of humanity. A hundred years is for me what half a day is to you. Anyways, I have been observing humans ever since. Searching for someone with the qualities I want in my next envoy. And you fit the bill."

The envoy of Death? That had an ominous sound to it.

"And what would I do as your envoy? Kill people indiscriminately? No thanks! I may have been in the military, but that was to serve my country, not to kill! I'm not some monster!"

"And if you were, I would not have chosen you. I may be the embodiment of death, but I do not wish for people to die before their time is up. My envoy doesn't kill people. The World Wars, for example, were not my last envoy's doing. No, I look for compassion and empathy in my envoy. I look for someone who is hard working. Those are not the qualities of a killer."

"What does your envoy do then?"

"I wish people didn't die, that I didn't exist. I really do. But that isn't realistic. I'm not going to send someone back to save people like some sort of hero. I could do that, but one person couldn't save a fraction of the people who die every day. Even if I had millions of people working for me, most people couldn't be saved because they die of medical conditions, natural causes, and unavoidable situations. But what I can do is send my envoy to people who are about to die who have unfinished business and help them complete it. Make it so that when they do have to go, they go without regret. Make them greet me like an old friend, not a bitter enemy."

"I thought you didn't meet everyone who died."

"It's a metaphor, you dork."

I grinned, "Just giving you a hard time."

"I know. Now I give you the offer. You can agree to be my envoy. I would send you to the body of someone who would be about to die. Unfortunately, it is not within my power to create you a body, and your previous body was destroyed in the accident that killed you, but I can take someone a few seconds before they actually die, and then send your soul into their vacant body. You would then prevent them from dying."

"How would I do that?"

"I would send you to a death that is avoidable. Usually, it's a suicide. Those are the easiest to prevent."

That sounded a little creepy. If I had this straight, someone would commit suicide, but right before they actually did it, Death would remove their soul from their body, then send my soul into it. The body would then be my body, and all I'd have to do is not commit the suicide the original owner was planning.

"Fair enough." It didn't seem like an ideal situation, but beggars couldn't be choosers.

"As my envoy, your new body would instantly be impervious to illnesses. It would also stop aging unless you wanted it to. You can be my envoy for as long as you want, after all. At least up until the point I no longer exist. Shortly after you stop the planned suicide a human embodiment of myself would make contact. That is how you will get your assignments."

"Wait? You have human embodiments? Then why do you need me?"

"I have a few. They also work to further my goals. The one you'll be in contact with is a medical researcher at a university. Her work has already saved millions of people who would have died an early death. I hope to make that number billions. But all my embodiments, or agents as I like to refer to them, are like that, they're academics. I've tried doing what you'll be doing, but I'm not good at it. My agents may have a human body, but they are still me. I lack the human experience. Without that, I can't easily connect with people."

"Okay. And if I decline your offer?"

"You go onto the next plane of existence. As I said before, I don't know what happens after that. And then I would start my search for the next candidate for my envoy. But you won't decline my offer."

"And why is that?"

"Because I wouldn't pick the kind of person who could, in all good consciousness, decline this offer." She grinned at me, "Tell me I'm wrong."

"No, you're right. I'll do it. When do I start?"

"In a moment. However, there is one other duty my envoy has."

"Which is?"

"I get awfully lonely," she commented, suddenly seeming a bit shy, " I could have relations with the others like me, there are often complications I would rather avoid. And while my agents could possibly have relations with humans, as I said, I have trouble forming human connections. But you, you're not most humans. I have watched you your whole life growing into the type of person I want my envoy to be. Along the way, I've fallen in love with you. I hope that someday you come to love me as I love you, but until then, we can still have some fun."

I raised an eyebrow, "You mean?"

"Yes. I'm horny dammit! It's been millennia since I've had a good fuck."

"Your last envoy?"

"Took a vow of celibacy during their life. A vow they took seriously even after death, apparently."

"That wasn't very nice of them, now was it?" I asked as I took a step towards her, "Luckily I've taken no such vow. And it's a good thing too because even if I had, I wouldn't be able to resist someone as beautiful as you."

I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. I felt her tongue against my lips and allowed her entrance. Our tongues danced around and she moaned. I broke off the kiss and then started kissing my way down her collar bone. I went to remove her dress, but suddenly she wasn't wearing one. I noticed I wasn't wearing anything either.

"That's convenient," I said as she just giggled.

I continued my way down as I got to her breasts. I circled around her nipples and then flicked them with my tongue. She was making the cutest, most passionate noises I had ever heard. I made my way down to her pussy. Suddenly and instantly she was sitting down in a chair that appeared out of nowhere.

I dove my tongue in while making sure to stimulate her clit with my fingers. She tasted unlike any other woman I had been with. I had always liked the taste of most pussies, but this was downright addictive. I moved my tongue around trying to get every drop I could.

"Oh god, I'm about to cum," she panted after a short time, "Oh god I'm cumming! I'm CUMMING!"

After Death calmed down, she turned to me. "Alright, my turn." Suddenly I was standing and she was kneeling examining my equipment. The chair was gone. "It's so big. I mean, I knew it's size, but actually holding it is something else."

She took my dick into her mouth. Then she kept going. I had never had a girl who was able to deep-throat me before. As she slid up and down my shaft, her hands played with my balls. I had never felt anything like it before. It wasn't long before I had cum as well.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to Death, "I don't usually cum that fast. I know you probably wanted more."

"What are you talking about? We're not done yet."

"But I've just cum."

"And? You seem to be doing just fine to me."

She was right. I looked down at my dick and noticed it was still standing at attention. "I've never recovered this fast before."

"Haven't you noticed? I have a bit of control over the reality of this realm, or at least my part of it. If I want you to be multi-orgasmic, you will be," she said as reality shifted again and we were now on a bed, with Death on top of me. "Now, shut up and let me fuck you."

She slid down on my pole. Just like everything so far, it was far beyond anything I had ever experienced. My girlfriend in high school hadn't been this tight, and she had been a virgin! Death slid up and down, making obscene noises as her pussy hugged my dick as if it was made for it. Up and down, up and down. I grabbed one of her bouncing boobs with my mouth and started to suck on it, while I massaged the other with my hand. It wasn't long before I was at my limit.

"I'm cumming!" I cried.

"Yes," Death replied, "Cum in me. Give me all your baby juice."

As I came in her, she started shaking in an orgasm of her own. When both are orgasms subsided, she got off of me and laid down on the bed next to me.

"Oh, I missed that. I also missed the pillow talk," she said, "which coincidentally is the only time I'm in a bed."

"You don't need sleep?"

"Nope. One of the many perks of being the corporal form of a concept, I suppose. My agents do, though. I mean they can do just fine mentally without it, but if I let them go too long without sleep their bodies just start shutting down."

While she was chatting, a thought occurred to me. "You can't get pregnant, right?"

"Not unless I wanted to. What do you think, you want to be a daddy?"

She laughed at the abject look of horror on my face. "I'm just messing with you," she reassured me. "You'd better be careful with my agent, though. She can get pregnant. Although the one you'll be with is on birth control. She'd have really bad periods without it."

"TMI! TMI!" I cried.

"Speaking about which, it's about time you joined her on Earth. I've just located a suitable candidate. I'll see you soon," she smiled at me, as my reality shifted once more. Only this time the whole world around me changed. I was clothed. And I was standing on the edge of a roof. And I was a woman!