The Erotic Greek Myths Ch. 01

Story Info
I like greek mythology, I like erotica.
2.2k words
3.63
1.8k
2
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Fountain of Salmacis

Salmacis didn't Listen to the taunts of her Naiad sisters to enjoy the Pursuits of Artemis: to take up the bow, to chase in The Hunt through the forests - fleet of foot, leaping over the fallen branches, stopping to take aim with controlled breath, falling prey with a toss of the javelin.Artemis had, in fact, until recently not even been aware of the Nymph until hearing the talk of the sisters and hearing the name "...Salmacis in her Fountain..."

The Virgin Goddess lowered her bow from her keen eye as the lucky stag hopped into the safe cover of foliage. "Now that you've all distracted me, please do tell who is this Salmacis?"

The doe-eyed, soft skinned sisters looked at the benefactress silently- each not wanting to be the first to speak. "You!" She said, pointing at one with the tip of her bow. The selected one-one who spoke most viciously of Salmacis said: "One of our sisters, Goddess of Goodness, who has not made herself known to our games but lazily rests in her Spring and cares only for matters of beauty, constantly combing her dark mane of hair and always gazing at her reflection in it's calm waters."

Artemis stood tall and strong bodied in her vest made of deer pelt- curves of her firm breast streaking out from the openings and her leather leggings with the crotch cut away exposing the dark patch between her legs and the opening widening around the rump exposing her firmed ass that trembled as she chased game or her sisters through the forest; she'd made her acolytes copy her dress as an act of devotion. "Ageless sisters with age-old hearts, I have tried to show you the way, to keep you to the path of the Virgin Goddess, the love of the sport, the hunt- the pursuits reserved for men. The purity that keeps you uncorrupted that men will try to take from you. This poor sister has lost her way and will be prey like the doe for any stag who catches her in her spring; I must off to her and save this poor girl."

And with that the Goddess was off on the winds leaving the sisters to their own pursuits of pleasure. They retreated to the secret places, some in pairs some in groups whatever their whims and fancies provided. They'd spied on their wayward sister and saw the care she took of herself and they had their own simple rituals- they braided each other hair, laughed and giggled which more suited their appearance and belied their agelessness. Imparted from the Goddess was their repulsion with men: their rough skin, their hirsute bodies like beasts, but they delighted in each others softness, their trim bellies, forever budding breasts. Some left their attire on- delighting in the feel of second skin, laying over another inverted;

mouth finding every delicious aperture between the sheaths of leather, tongue darting in and out- gently, slickly sliding in when finding dry resistance; vest of their lover soft on their belly as they returned the delights, fingertips clutching at seams of leather with perfectly manicured nails. Others were happy to shed their votive wear: they'd start with each other lips, feeding hungrily moving on to soft necks trails of teeth marks leading to nipples sucked on gently, languorously. They'd explore the newly exposed parts of their bodies- marveling at their Dimples of Venus and wondered if their matriarch had such things and how her firm body felt and tasted and wondered if she'd ever tasted such sapphic delights. Surely this doesn't impune upon virginity they thought. Their hands crawling down to the coarse tufts of hair, fingers slipping into the clefts quickly wet with arousal. Finding the nut still hidden in the shell and pressing, prying it, drawing out deep breaths; the geography of the body rising and falling in expectation. Creeping around to full, firm buttocks and the mouth forever following the hands- lips kissing, sucking, tongues licking first then gently slipping in; head tossed back in ecstasy. So was their play when the Goddess was away...

Salmacis was content with lounging in her Sun-dappled spring, hanging her gauze dress in the nearby branches stirred by the gentle breath of the wind. With just the voice of the whispering leaves and the beautiful faces of nearby flowers watching her for her company.

"Why should I care about my sisters and their adventures in the forests with The Goddess- I much prefer washing and combing out my hair and laying it out on the greensward to dry. Softening and scenting my limbs with the aroma of flowers, painting my lips with the luscious blood of berries- yes I much prefer the pursuits of beauty, creating a crown of flowers for my head and consulting my waters which color best suits my soft complexion. Chloris has blessed us with such sweet gifts all the colours of Iris' gorgeous rainbow dress within reach of my fingers: flowers coloured by the spray of spilled blood, sprouting from the tears of Love's first loss. My eager fingers pluck the firm young cone from the nearby trees but stay away from the suspicious almond. Always watchful of what fruit I gather"

Many travelers passed by her spring but she was frightened by their ill-intentioned eyes and deceitful depths of their souls so she retreated while they offered a prayer to the Goddess of the spring slaked their thirst on her cools waters drawing reluctant moans from her lips: one hand shamefully covering her mouth the other her gushing sex, before going on their way, she'd dream of a lover she'd fall in love with her equal in beauty and taste each others sweet secrets and explore the hidden places on their bodies only lovers know. Her hand would creep down from her blossoming nipples, fingers berry stained, to the patch of hair between her legs staining the hair red. Her eyes close, toes go taut and she exhales releasing the pent up passion.

"Oh when will I find love- I have so much passion for one to contain- I am a cup that overflows"

On the day the Goddess came to visit her wayward daughter she found the waters calm and empty- the nymph had taken her dress form where it hung on the branches covered her fair body and went out to collect flowers. A youth on his way to nearby Halicarnassus, stopped at the cool waters. The Goddess recognized him as the progeny of the conceited Sister who cheated her from the Golden Apple offered in the contest of Paris; the progeny sired by the seed of their brother who finished as quickly as his reputation would suggest, so quickly that the torrent of his seed left a pearly sticky spot on her pristine thigh, a sigh of disappointment on her lips and months later her belly swollen. Kneeling over her waters, his reflection just had the first trimmings of manhood sprouting from the chin; the Nymph emerged from the forest, flowers cradled in the makeshift crib of her dress pulled up exposing her thighs. His lips drank her waters, she felt the waters gush from her thighs; she dropped the hem of her dress, the decapitated flowers tumbled to her bare feet and she gasped- he heard and turned around.

She was breathless. He smiled and immediately recognized her as one of divine origin and she him.

"Pardon me, Fair Nymph." His speech further drew her breath from her. "I saw this beautiful spring and quenched my thirst on it, you must be the Divinity who calls it home, you are as shining as it is." He was oblivious to the hunger and desperation that shone in the deep, dark pools of her eyes.

"It is I who am in the presence of divinity or if not and mortal you are, how blessed is your family, but blessed most of all is your wife who shares your bed- how lonely she must be right now!"

"No, Maiden, I leave no wife behind in my travels for I go among rough men to learn their ways."

The fire in her thighs flared and surged through her body, she could contain herself no longer; she rushed over to him. "Since there be none, let me be so!

Unburden your loneliness and keep your bed and hearth warm!" She threw her arms around him and brought her lips close to his, futilely as he held her at bay. She struggled to free herself.

"I'm sorry to have intruded upon your sacred waters; let me leave you to your spring and your leisurely hours."

He released her from her struggle and she reared back, eyes flashing, cheeks red with heat. "Enough, it is not my spring, I yield it to you, the stronger bodied and willed." She stormed off with a quick glance backward before disappearing behind the undergrowth, seeking shelter of a strong bodied oak tree.

His heart raced, his body having grown hot with the struggle of love. Now he sought to cool off in the waters; he removed his travelers tunic and found he'd responded to the Nymph's advances- his manhood was thick and hard, holding steady as he waded into the welcoming waters. Her eyes widened at the sight as she crouched, her soft hand pressing against the rough skin of the tree, she leaned forward slightly revealing her concealment as her waters doused his body, splashed on his fair cheek and matted the tangle of bush from where sprouted a the strong stalk. His body trim and toned from many travels, the fire flared up again and she flew from her hiding spot, threw off her dress, her feet trampling her forgotten flowers; her body shook with excitement, breasts high, as fleet of foot as her sisters bearing down on game as she rushed into the waters that in keeping with her passion roiled up around them helping to contain him.

"In the forest you are the Oak, I am the fig, you have quenched your thirst on my waters, now fill your hunger with my fig!" Finally she kissed him and was in ecstasy. "fight as you might, by tomorrow we shall be united as one and oh, what a heaven it will be!" As she called out to the heavens: "Oh Gods on high, whoever hears my pleas, I beg you unite us as one!" She pressed close to him, her thighs finding his- the cool of her waters couldn't quench her fire.

Artemis watching from on high, clad in her vest and leather leggings, heard the cries and her jealousy over her Divine sister and contempt for this girl raged through her. The surging waters of the nymph pulled him from his feet and she followed, both disappearing below the surface. Salmacis moaned as she felt him slip into her, pain and pleasure in one surging though her body before going limp; He groaned as he slipped into her a jolt through his body. Her lips found his, they felt themselves melt into each other: two becoming one in a rebirth of ecstasy.

The Goddess snickered as the waters calmed before he popped up gasping- free from her- wiping the water from his eyes to see where she'd attack from next. He jerked around looking in every direction; his manhood bobbed- a compass needle indicating the direction of his attention- still hard after having pried into her tight maidenhead. But she was nowhere to be seen. Artemis feeling the sweet satisfaction of revenge and her wrath enacted departed on the wind as she had come.

Confused, he stepped from the spring and went to don his tunic- he stopped in disbelief! He felt the blood drain from his loins falling flaccid and useless: sprouting from his once firm chest were two budding breasts, he quickly looked between his leg and his manhood still hung there limply. He looked at his reflection and her recognized himself though slightly distorted: his long eyelashes fluttered in disbelief sending droplets of water back to their source, his eyes narrower, his nose smaller, his lips sensuous and full. In short, his features more delicate- femininely delicate. He began to cry, heaving and sobbing with the sorrow of a woman laying on the sward that bordered the pool until he could cry no more accepting his fate. Had some passerby ventured past and saw his figure supine, the slim hips, the delicate curve of buttocks, they'd have thought it was indeed a woman who wept.

Donning his tunic he looked down between his legs- "At least you're still there, though if you weren't at least I would look the whole of one sex rather than the halves of two! I will never know the touch of a woman nor enjoy the ribald company of men- I am forever and irrevocably alone." Some errant sobs escaped his lips and his sorrow arose anew and now he called out to the skies: "Mother! Father! Both of you whose name I bear like a burden, curse this spring and let any men who bath in it emerge half man and half woman as I have!"

He fell to his knees exhausted and purged of the suffering and sorrow that weighed on him and he knew his invocation had been answered. As he left the spring, he looked back one last time and felt the sadness one feels when leaving a home they know they will never see again and he knew he was of two people- one sealed in a silent prison.