20 in 23,376

Story Info
BTB? No, slow roast for twenty years then burn to a crisp.
24k words
4.06
27.4k
40

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 05/09/2024
Created 02/12/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This work has been written by INKENT and published solely on the Literotica platform. I have no issues with re-writes id someone fancy's it or extending the tale, but please let me know if you see this crop up on any other platform. I'm sure that any other author on here would appreciate the same courtesy too.

I released '20 in 750' and managed to cram a story into that many words but there were two main streams in the comments:

Too short a story.

Twenty year wait - no-way!

This is the full fat 23,376 word version, the original 750 word piece is embedded in here. I can't express enough thanks that TIM1135 found the time to give this a good going over for me prior to release. I'm also a Brit so it's ye old English in use 😊

As for the 20 years, try to look at it through somebody else's mind, a person with a spectrum different to most people as to how to tackle things. They do exist out there!

I have a third (final version) it looks at this a what I consider would be the most realistic turn of events if this was real life. For those that like to read things simply as a form of reality, skip this and hang fire!

20 in 23,376

Brian and Debbie sat, looking out of the upmarket restaurant window at the people scurrying by. He chuckled, as one of the school teachers walked past laden with shopping bags on her way back to the school. Looking at his watch, he realised that they themselves wouldn't make it back on time, not that it really mattered. Brian was in the last few weeks of school life and was already earning what most adults, in full time work, earned. Because of this income, it allowed him to do extravagant things such as he was doing right now. Take the love of his life, Debbie, out to dinner during the school lunch break.

Brian was eighteen heading towards nineteen. His parents were fairly well off, as you'd expect them to be. His dad ran a chartered accountancy which was the path his older brother Reginald, or Reggie to family and friends, had followed.

Brian wasn't bothered about adding or subtracting numbers and had received a PC for his eleventh birthday. Over the coming teenage years, other than Debbie, the world of computing became the second love of his life. Debbie sometimes teased him as to which was his true love.

When he was fifteen, Brian had gone to his dad's office on a Saturday, as it was near PC world and he wanted to upgrade his motherboard. It was the end of the tax year, so his dad's business was at its busiest. He could see his dad's frustration at the speed of the printer, as it appeared to lazily churn out the tax returns for submission to the tax office.

He asked his dad if he could look at the software and promising not to affect the system, he delved into the computer coding and sat for over an hour typing away. Eventually he stopped, backed up the current configuration then, uploaded the changes.

His dad was simply shocked. This was supposed to be a bespoke professional system running the business. All of a sudden it was churning out eighteen, not eight, tax returns an hour. He then knew that Brian was never going to follow in the footsteps of himself or Reggie.

Within three months, Brian had rewritten a whole new computer program to run the family business. He said the original program's code was poorly written and bloated. Mainly, where they had tried to put work arounds for the Y2K bug, from a few years back. But it provided a system to measure up against, as he set about coding a whole new, fresh program. Supported by his dad and brother's accountancy knowledge, they ended up with an integrated accounting software program that was over a hundred per cent more efficient than the original package. Just before his sixteenth birthday, the software was a marketable commodity.

With the business solicitor taking the directors role, his dad set up a new accounting software business that would have Brian named as a shareholder, owning forty-nine per cent of the business with the remaining fifty-one percent split between himself, Reggie and the solicitor. But if Brian was a master when it came to computers and coding, as a social being, he was quite shy and not one of the 'in' crowd at school.

Debbie was the opposite. She was at the centre of the 'in' crowd at school. When she was randomly paired with Brian for a science program, she rolled her eyes as she walked over to the nervous geek. By the end of the term, she had been enthralled by the brilliance of what lay behind Brian's shy facade. Add that he was a deep and caring person, she realised something had happened...she was in love.

Having no sisters or peers to guide him, Brian was clueless as to Debbie's advances. In the end, she asked him out on a date. From that point on they were a couple.

As they continued through school, Brian was slowly drawn into the 'in' crowd, but never really fully integrated into it. But it did help him start to build on the social skills that would be invaluable, as he made his journey through life. As he started to emerge from his social cocoon to become a likeable young adult, he became a target for the attention of others. Others that wanted him for themselves.

At the first party he attended where alcohol was freely available, he would have his first taste of how bad a hangover would feel the next morning. But before that, he had another one of life's experiences to slap him about the face. And it was to be felt literally.

With lowered inhibitions through the drink, he suddenly found himself slow dancing with Kelly, one of the fittest girls at school and one of his classmates. Halfway through the dance she kissed him, and that turned into a full dance of tongues. All of a sudden there was shouting, pushing and shoving and, through drunk eyes, he saw Debbie's hand connect harshly with his cheek, as she slapped him hard before running off crying. He looked at his peers, and their faces said it all. He had been tried and convicted by them all, right there and then on the impromptu dance floor. She ran off and he lost sight of her, then, unable to find her he despondently, made his way home.

Debbie ignored him for two days until he turned up at her house with flowers and chocolates. They sat out in the privacy of the summerhouse, as he apologised profusely blaming the drink. After a tearful session together, they kissed and made up.

"Brian Wills, don't you get it, we're destined to be together forever. We're going to get married, have a big house that's happy and full of our kids. I'll never cheat on you, but if you ever step out of line again, it's over, do you understand, over."

With tears in his eyes Brian nodded. He made an oath to himself that he would pledge his life to his true love.

By time Brian left school, just shy of his nineteenth birthday, he was already earning well above the national average. Where he had been earning money as a schoolboy, with nothing to really spend it on, he used the money that had been saved as a hefty deposit on a nice apartment, not long after leaving school. His dad's shrewd move of disassociating his own business from the software company reaped huge rewards. Accountancy firms across the country took on contracts to use it, within five years the software would be used by over fifty percent of the market.

Debbie moved in with Brian as soon as the apartment was his. They lived as a couple, but quickly decided to step up the property ladder and buy a house. As soon as the paperwork was signed for the house, he proposed to her and they were married on her twenty-first birthday. They took a Caribbean cruise as a honeymoon and birthday celebration.

Over dinner at the captain's table, he spoke about his IT business and the captain promised to show him the advanced computer system that basically kept the ship afloat. What Brian didn't know was this conversation, and the opportunity to look at the software running the ship, would have a far-reaching impact on the direction his life would take.

Brian needed a challenge, always did, and always will. As much as the accountancy software maintained a substantive income, he needed more to stimulate his mind. He started to dig around into the companies that produced the software that ran the huge ships that sailed around the globe, and soaked up the information. Then he had a stroke of luck that sealed the deal, so to speak.

As home computing was now an established part of everyday life, a global software house offered a significant sum for the accountancy software rights. They wanted Brian to remain at the helm of software development, to help bridge the gulf between the professional and home accounting software, but he politely declined, took the two and a half million cut post tax, and set his sights elsewhere. He was basically made for life if he had wanted, even though he was just shy of his twenty second birthday.

If Brian was driven as a person, Debbie was...relaxed. As they had neared the end of their school life, she knew that they'd soon be together and that Brian's income would keep them in an enviable financial position, so went to college looking for what she thought was the easiest course, with the least amount of actual work required. She settled on a performing arts course, which was a precursor for those that wanted to get into theatre, TV or film. She enjoyed it, even though there was a lot more work needed to be done than she had envisaged.

At twenty years of age, she left with a distinction, but her next goal in life was no act. She wanted to be Brian's wife and get started creating a family. When they signed the paperwork for their new home and Brian proposed to her, she stopped taking her birth control pills hoping to give Brian a loving surprise. One evening they decided to kick back, order a pizza and watch a few movies. One was the Shawshank Redemption. A man is wrongfully imprisoned and spends all his adult life planning his escape by digging a hidden tunnel, with an impossibly small tool. He sees years of his life disappear before he escapes. As the credit rolled Debbie passed comment.

"I doubt anyone could do that in real life, wait patiently through their whole life to set themselves free."

"I could Debbie. If I was trapped and imprisoned like that, I'd do exactly what he's done. Plan and work, always think out the long game to set myself free, irrespective of how long it'd take. I'd know, in the end, I'd get there, knowing I'd break free would keep me going."

Debbie climbed and knelt over him on the sofa. She purred in his ear.

"Why don't we role play. I'll be the naughty prisoner and you be the warden. I bet I'd be out of prison by tomorrow morning once I've finished with you."

Brian playfully picked her up and took her to the bedroom. He found some of his ties and restrained her to the bed.

"Now, I think I need to do a cavity search with my night stick. I'm told you want to get out of the clink. Make it worth my while and I may take a couple of years off your sentence."

Within minutes Debbie was shrieking as he started to tickle her, which dissolved into a night of playful lovemaking.

It was six months since they had brought their second home and Debbie was frustrated, she wasn't pregnant, despite plenty of 'practice'. Brian was working from home; he had explained he wanted to now move into ship navigation systems. He had managed to find a program that controlled a ship via an engineering forum, and had reverse engineered it. He programmed test inputs that would replicate a real ship, to fully understand the system architecture and limitations then started to write his own code afresh.

Where he had evolved from a shy geek to a confident businessman, albeit a young one, he had a brash plan. He had already researched the main software companies that produced the programs and, elected to make a play at what was considered the second best, although he didn't believe there was much between them. Top dog was a US company, sitting behind them a European outfit based in Rotterdam. He sent them an email outlining his progress in life to date, that he had written superior code to what they had, and he would like a job.

Three months later his brash move paid off. They had researched Brian's history to see he was a serious coder but, were blown away on how, in the few months he said he had looked at ship-based software systems, he'd designed, and proven, that his system was in another league to their own. They knew with his work, they would have the foundation that could put them into the number one position. A deal was struck, and Brian started in a newly created role of Head of Technical Innovations.

Brian and Debbie had discussed it. Initially, he would spend five working weeks in Rotterdam, integrating into the business plus meeting his staff. At twenty-two years of age, he would have five software engineers report to him.

Debbie came out to stay for the first two weeks but soon got bored, despite having been introduced to some of the wives of some of the senior executives in the company. The age gap was simply too great a gulf for her, as the youngest wife was mid-thirties and she was still in her early twenties. She stayed at home for the remainder of the five weeks that Brian was in Rotterdam.

Debbie had become increasingly frustrated that she hadn't got pregnant, and used their private health cover to investigate why. When Brian arrived home on the last Friday of his five weeks familiarisation period, he knew something was wrong, very wrong. The home was in near darkness and he found Debbie sitting at the dining room table with a glass, and an open bottle of wine. Up until now, she had been buzzing when he'd come home, eager for him to try the latest dish she had learnt to cook or full of gossip, with all that had been going on. He put the bouquet of flowers he'd brought on the table, walked behind her, wrapped his arm around her and kissed her softly on the top of her head. As soon as he kissed her, she broke down sobbing. Brian spoke softly to her;

"Hey, hey, whatever it is, let it all out when you're ready, and if you want, talk to me."

She started to sob uncontrollably for a few minutes until she managed to reduce it back to little sobs and sniffing.

"I was going to pack and be gone before you came home, but I thought I should have the guts to stay and tell you, before you throw me out."

She began sobbing again and, as anxious as Brian was with some dark scenarios entering his mind, he shushed her and continued to hold her tight. After she regained enough composure, she blurted it out before the heavy sobbing started again.

"I can't have your babies, Brian."

He held her as her comment sank into his mind, and he processed what it meant.

"Nothing changes Deb, I don't love you any less and I'm sure there are avenues we can explore but, worse case, I keep loving you, and you keep loving me."

She turned and hugged him herself.

Over the coming months, they went to several specialists but the outcome was the same. Debbie would never be able to conceive children. In the frank discussions that followed, she didn't want to consider any options that were put forward, and simply parked it for the time being. They were still young, and didn't need to make any rash decisions now.

Debbie sank into a deep depression but, using his logical mind, Brian sought an answer. With all the investments his dad and brother had made on his behalf since he had started to earn money, money wasn't an issue for them. Brian did some research and found a large rundown property in the Ashdown Forest, which would give him relatively easy access to Gatwick airport. He suggested they have a day out, and took the thirty-minute drive down to Tonbridge Wells, resulting in a splendid lunch in a delightful boutique restaurant.

After the lunch, they pressed onwards, heading towards Ashdown Forest to continue exploring the area. At one point, Brian 'accidently' drove down a driveway claiming he thought it was a country lane. He continued looking for a place to turn around and a quarter of a mile later it opened up into a poorly maintained large gravelled car park that had long seen attention, as several small trees had taken root. He stopped the car and they got out. There, sat a dilapidated, substantially large house, that was boarded up. Brian then suggested;

"C'mon let's be nosey!"

He took her hand as they walked through the weed strewn car park exploring outside the property. He left her for a moment, claiming he needed a pee and disappeared around the corner. Surreptitiously, he took some keys from his pocket and removed the two large padlocks that were attached to the door and left it open. He walked back around to Debbie.

"Deb! you'll never guess what! The door's open around the corner, it's empty, let's have a sneaky look inside. Use the light on your phone so we can see what's in there!"

They went inside to have a look. Although boarded up, it had previously been broken into, and vandalised. The lathes were visible in places where plaster had fallen from the walls and ceilings. The once elegant stairs curved upwards but there were rotten boards which they had to be mindful off. Upstairs were four large bedrooms, and as they would discover when they went outside, one opened onto a private terrace that looked out towards the forest.

Downstairs, a large kitchen had been stripped of all fixtures, two sorry looking capped lead pipes poked from the wall that would have once fed a sink. Large internal doors opened from the kitchen into a dining room. Like the room directly above, French doors opened up onto an outside terrace, at least they would do so, once the boarding was removed. On the floor they found a broken picture of a woman sat at a baby grand piano, they could see it had been taken in the room by the wallpaper and guessed it must have been back in the nineteen sixties or seventies, by her attire. Whilst the photo was old and faded, her passion for life was clearly visible in her face.

"She looks so happy Brian, it's not surprising if she lived here. It's such a shame that it's been left to decay, this house doesn't deserve it. Hopefully someday someone will restore it to its former beauty."

"I wholeheartedly agree, but shit, whoever takes it on, is undertaking a labour of love."

She sighed.

"But can you imagine? Someone with vision could do it, and I bet when they've done it, they'd end up as happy and content as the woman in this photograph."

Brian nodded at her remark. Casually, he put his hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out a set of rusty keys and held them out in his hand. Debbie looked at them for a few seconds before the penny dropped.

"Nooo, you didn't..."

Brian nodded again with his face changing to an enormous grin. Debbie started to scream, jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist kissing him continually. Once she stopped, she looked into his face, as what felt like a thousand questions tumbled through her mind.

"Oh my god, the work! Who's going to do all the work, where are we go..."

He stopped her speaking by kissing her, she untangled her legs from his waist and stood facing him.

"Debbie, you are going to do the work, I don't mean literally, but I want you to decide what, and how we do this. I've spoken to the planning office and, as long as we stick to the original footprint, we can build anew if we want. There are some stables out the back, again, we can rebuild them as long as they have the same footprint, we can also repurpose them. What I'm saying is, it's your project. We still have our house, but we can put a large site caravan up to stay in, if you want."

Tears of joy flowed down her face, and they spent the remainder of the day exploring the property and the grounds which included part of the forest. It was a nice summer's day and as they walked through the wooded part, Debbie sat on a large fallen tree trunk. Pulling Brian in, she unbuckled his trousers before pulling his semi-erect cock out. She took it into her warm mouth, letting the mix of her soft tongue and the wetness make him fully hard. She pushed him back and told him to lay in the grass, he took his jacket off to lay on. Standing over him, she lowered herself down, as she hitched her short summer dress up. Pulling her thong aside, she grasped him and aligned him with her slippery channel then rocked back and forth, feeling the contours of the purple head and foreskin rub over her clit. Letting go of his cock she sank down onto him in one single stroke.