The Fallout

Story Info
Bill's quest for revenge on cheating wife has a fallout.
8.5k words
3.99
79.9k
74
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pietro108
pietro108
512 Followers

The shy pimply-faced boy sitting across from me was fourteen. He sat uncomfortably and fidgeted with his hands until he looked up at me embarrassingly and said, "I know that you're my real dad, but it feels really weird to actually call you, 'Dad'."

The tears welled up in my eyes and I could feel the back of my throat tightening up. That seemed to happen to me a lot lately. "I know Tom. It's been a while for me too. You know when you were born, your mum and I called you Thomas, but you were so tiny, we nick-named you, 'Tom Thumb'." The memories threatened to overwhelm me at that point and I had to take a breath. "Tell you what, for now, how about you just call me 'Uncle Bill'? Does that sound easier?"

Tom nodded his head and looked at the other person in the room. She was Jane Seymore, a court appointed counsellor. It was her job to ascertain if this arrangement was going to work. Jane made more notes in the pad on her lap and turned to me. "Mr Yates, there are a few things that we need to get organised before this can go ahead. You do know that it will require you to live permanently in Tom's house, don't you? It might present some problems for you, given the circumstances, but the court has determined that it is necessary for the stability of Tom's situation. How long would it take to get yourself settled in?"

I looked at her and nearly bailed out of the agreement, but I knew it had to be. It had to be for Tom's sake. "I can have my gear packed and ready in two hours," I replied. I was going to add that I only lived in a one bedroom flat and everything I owned fit easily into two suitcases.

"Very well then Mr Yates. I will inform the judge presiding over this case that in my opinion, the arrangement could work. If you get organised your end, we, that's Tom and I, can meet you at Tom's house, say at noon?" She got up and Tom followed her out to the reception area. Bridgetown General Hospital. That's where we were. I knew this place in better times. Times when I would wait patiently for my then wife, Evonne, to finish her shift and we would go home like two excited teenagers. Home to our house. The one that we paid a deposit on two weeks after we were married. The house that Jane now called 'Tom's home'.

Now, this hospital is home to two people I would rather not have to think about. One was my lying, cheating whore of an ex-wife, Evonne. She is in intensive care in a coma. One that the doctors say she may not get out of. The other is John Hampstead III. That low-down, lying bastard who stole Evonne from me in a cold, cruel long-term strategy. He was now lying on a stainless steel tray entombed in a cubicle in the hospital morgue, three floors below where I now stood. I knew that it was tempting the fates to talk or think ill of the dead, but I couldn't help myself. "Good riddance!" I muttered.

The vehicle accident that caused this was reported on the local news the night before. If I had owned a television set, I most probably would have been forewarned that something was about to happen. But I didn't own one, so the first I heard of the 'arrangement', was when Jane approached me at my work. "Mr Yates? Mr Bill Yates? I need to speak to you urgently on court assigned business."

"Oh great!" was my first thought. "Mrs, Ms, Miss, Jane, Seymore is it?" I asked as I glanced at her name tag. "I have served my time and am trying to get on with my life, such as it is. What on earth could the court want of me now? I own nothing, have no savings to think of and don't owe anybody anything."

Jane looked exasperated as she ushered me away from the other mechanics working on the same car that I was. "Mt Yates, your wife, I mean ex-wife is in a serious condition in hospital. Your biological son, Tom is fine. They were all involved in a car accident yesterday morning. Tom needs a carer."

"What about that asshole, I mean bastard John Hamster the ninety-ninth or something. Hasn't he been doing a wonderful job of raising my son to be Tom Hamster the fourth? Why can't he look after him just as he has been?"

"He's dead Mr Yates. He died in the accident. As you know, there is no other family on either your ex-wife's side, or on Mr Hampstead's side. There is no one able to look after Tom, unless he is put into state care in one of the town's orphanages. There are no foster families which we can place him into either. You're his last hope for a carer."

I sat down with the enormity of this situation. I had not seen, nor heard from Tom in over twelve years, since he was two. Since I had discovered that my wife Evonne was having an affair with that bastard. Evonne had only just begun work at the hospital again. Nursing was a job that she loved and they offered her just night work, so that she could be home for our little 'Tom Thumb'. I was always there to cover the rest of the time until it was time for me to head to the garage where I worked as a mechanic. Unknown to me was the fact that the main reason that she was offered the night work was that bastard, aka John Hampstead III, also worked nights. He was the one who interviewed Evonne for the job. Obviously, he liked what he saw in Evonne. She always was a looker in an innocent child-like way. Childbirth had not affected her body shape at all, except maybe adding a few centimetres to her previously perky tits.

Everything worked well for a few months. Evonne would come home excited when one of her patients recovered from this or that. She would also come home in tears when one of her patients succumbed to their injuries or illnesses. She needed a lot of comforting then and a large silent ear to talk to. That was me!

A change happened about four months in. Cliché upon cliché, but she spent just a little more time at work, blaming hospital emergencies. This often rushed me in the mornings to get to work and was a real pain in the butt, but I sucked it up for Evonne's sake.

The next strange pattern of behaviour was that she would rush to the shower as soon as she arrived home, blowing me a kiss from afar instead of the usual hug and kiss that was our routine. The shower was to get rid of hospital germs she informed me one day. I wondered why the germs suddenly got worse that month than from two months ago, but again I just sucked it up. For Evonne's sake. I guessed she knew what she was doing!

The third and final change to our usual pattern of relating, was that we never made love on any day that she worked. We used to have time for some loving in the evenings when Tom was having a rest and after I got home from work. She didn't start her shifts until ten o'clock, so we had time then. I commented about the change and how it worried me, but she just blew me off by saying that we weren't teenagers anymore. Her tone was displaying a real denigrating attitude at this time. Once, she commented, "Is that all that you mechanics think about? Getting lucky with their wife?"

"Where did that come from?" I wondered. The penny was beginning to drop that there was something going on. I had to do some investigating here! With a few carefully worded questions to her work buddies, I found out that lately, Evonne and bastard John were spending all of their break times together. "Where?" I asked. I did not like the answers. Sometimes they were in the hospital café, sitting together in a quiet corner. Sometimes, and this is the one that finally nailed it for me, sometimes, they just disappeared for the whole break time and re-emerged from some room or other, holding hands and walking that slow walk that usually follows intimacy of some kind. I was also told that they would always finish their shifts in John's office. The door was always locked during this meeting.

"OK!" I thought. "Time to bring on the fire!" I had read enough internet stories to know that I had to protect my finances before instigating a divorce, so that is what I did. I hid money, I changed policies, all the usual BTB type stuff! I even managed to creep into the hospital one morning when Evonne and the bastard were having a so-called meeting. It was difficult to do this with a sleepy two-year old in my arms at the time! At least having Tom with me, allayed any suspicious looks. They didn't see me when they emerged from bastard's room later, but I knew my wife enough to see that she had been fucked. That certain look in her eyes, that certain swagger of her hips as she walked, the loose way she moved her legs told me everything I needed to know. I went home a broken man. Now the hatred that built in me demanded that I do more than protect myself in the looming divorce.

I wanted revenge!

I called in some favours from a hospital maintenance technician. We had fixed his car for ages and I promised to do some 'extra' work on it if he could do me this one favour. I wanted a video camera hidden in John's office. One that would stream the video to my computer at home. "Easy!" he said and by that Friday it was done. He showed me how to activate the camera and how to record the footage to my hard drive.

The footage I recorded made my blood run cold. I sobbed uncontrollable as Evonne sobbed uncontrollably while that bastard John ploughed her cunt mercilessly from behind. Evonne's sobbing was brought on by the sheer pleasure she was getting from another man's cock. My sobbing was from the sheer disbelief that my wife was getting pleasure from another man's cock! Each of her sobs brought her closer to orgasm, while each of my sobs brought me closer to wanting to kill them both. I had never felt so much hate. It frightened me!

This revenge had to be good.

I did the usual. Lawyers, divorce papers, alienation of affection papers to John, hospital suing for work place collusion, the usual! They were both served at work, as was the hospital management at the same time.

My revenge strategy was to post the video footage on our facebook page for all and sundry to see. It took the moderators of facebook two hours to drop the post, but by then it was too late! The damage was done. Everyone knew what was what! Evonne's friends dropped her like a hot potato. The hospital management called them both in and gave them a severe dressing down. They were significantly demoted, especially asshole. He was now to work different shifts from Evonne. But the damage had been done.

In one of the court appointed counselling sessions, I asked Evonne, "Why?"

She looked at me sadly and said, "Bill, I still love you but lately I have been having real trouble showing that love. John has been there for me at times when you weren't there. He comforted me at hospital when times were hard. He made me see that you would always be a mechanic, a grease monkey, as he called you. He made me see that I could have more. I could be partner to an up and coming manager of a hospital. A partner to a real man making real money. We eventually grew to love each other and spent as much time as possible together. This intimacy eventually grew to be physical Bill. John's love-making was always wild and exciting. He, he has a bigger cock and knows how to use it Bill. I'm sorry, I know those reasons sound cruel and heartless, but they are real for me."

I could not meet her eyes because I was afraid for what I would be tempted to do to her. The counsellor wisely called an end to the session and cancelled all of the others. She knew that there was no chance of reconciliation after that. I was a broken man, with a broken, hate-filled heart.

The court case started on a Monday. The judge, the Honourable Judge Georgina Webster let it be known early on that she was not happy with what I had done. My lawyer tried to explain the reasons for my actions, but was shot down by Evonne's lawyer with full support from the judge. I was screwed!

"Mr Yates!" the judge boomed from her lofty position. "You attempted to hide moneys that were part of your marital assets. You also attempted to sign over insurance policies, retirement funds and other assets for the express purpose of making it difficult for your spouse to access. She is the mother of your child and deserves every bit of support that this court can gain for her."

There went all of my money. She got eighty-five percent of all funds, and the house!

"Also, Mr Yates, what you did on the social media platform that you both share, is despicable and might I add, illegal. Revenge porn as it is called, attracts a very serious punishment from the law. No matter what gripe you have with your spouse, or soon to be ex-spouse, you do not have the right to post pornographic images or video of someone else without their express permission. This permission was not sought by you, nor given by your spouse."

At this point I glanced in the direction of asshole and whore, as I now thought of them. They were both looking at me and smirking, patting each other on the back. This was bad enough, but when they saw I was looking, they both turned to each other and kissed. "The kiss of death!" I thought. It was their kiss, but my death.

Judge Georgina finally handed down her verdict. "Mr Yates, please stand. Your divorce is obviously granted. However, the matter of fraud and posting revenge porn to a public social media platform will both be dealt with in a criminal court. As your now ex-wife has full ownership of your residence, a residence that her and your son dwell in, full custody is granted to Miss Evonne Shine." The gavel went down and that was that. My whore of an ex-wife had already started to use her maiden name!

I was remanded in custody until my hearing could commence in the criminal court. I was found guilty and sentenced to eight years jail, mainly for the revenge porn posting, but also for the fraud. Apparently, the courts wanted to send a message to all and sundry that this type of revenge had to be stopped!

I served my time in a low security facility which allowed regular visitation, but none ever came my way. I didn't communicate with Evonne, nor her with me. I heard nothing about my son, Tom, my little 'Tom Thumb'! I once remembered thinking that if I ever see him again, he won't be little anymore.

When I finally was released, after only seven and a half years, for good behaviour, I was able to get my old job back, but at a reduced pay and on a constant probation. I was now an ex-con. Poorer pay and loss of job security was going to be my lot in life from now on! I didn't try to connect with Tom as I needed him to be secure in his current 'family'. I didn't want to add another complication to the poor kid's life. Apparently, everything was fine and dandy in the new Hampstead household. Mrs Evonne Hampstead helped out with many local charities while working two shifts a week at the hospital. Tom attended the local junior school nearby. Mr John Hampstead had worked his way up to being hospital manager. Yep! Everything was fin and dandy for them. It was best that I didn't interfere with their idyllic lifestyle!

That was until the accident.

When Jane led me into their house, it was like I stepped back in time twelve years! The paint was still the same. The furniture was all in the usual places, but much more up-market pieces. The wall decorations showed more expensive tastes and classier fittings than when I was there last. Tom showed me his room and it was here that I noticed some real changes. No longer the powder-smelling baby room with a cot and change table! This was a young teenager's room with posters, messy clothes and certain sweaty smell. He seemed proud of it and I nodded my approval as I left. I walked down the hall and was about to enter the main bedroom, out of habit. I caught myself and turned away before I could see the cheater's love nest. A nest which used to be mine and Evonne's! Luckily, Jane saw my reaction and quickly closed the door. "It won't be necessary to go in there Mr Yates," she said with a more understanding and comforting undertone. "You will be able to stay in the third bedroom. I think you already know where that is."

The third, or guest bedroom was actually quite roomy. We had it set up as a study when I still lived here. When I used to live here! If this was going to work, I would have to block out that mode of thinking. I had to now think of Tom. He needed my support! My gear easily fit into the robe. I made my way to the kitchen where Jane and Tom now were.

"Mr Yates, Bill. I checked the cupboards and fridge. There seems to be plenty of food and other necessities. The court assigned carer system allows for me to assign a certain amount of money each week for you to act as Tom's carer. I have left food vouchers and a small amount of cash to get you started. Now if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to contact me. All of my details are in the folder on the table. Any time, any day, just call if needed. I will come in daily to check if all is going well. I understand that you work, and I have already seen your boss about the working arrangements. He wasn't happy that I suggest you only work the hours when Tom is at school, but I think waving the big court stick did its trick!" She smiled when she saw me smile as well.

"Thanks," I said. "I was wondering how that would work. I suppose I will have to put up with more cra.. I mean stuff from my lovely boss because of this. Oh well, the things we have to do!"

When Jane left, Tom and I wandered around the house. I pretended to look at the paintings, etc and he just wandered around sneaking sideways glances at me from time to time. We needed to talk and I was not looking forward to this conversation at all. Fourteen year old kids are not known for their ability to have serious relationship type of conversations easily!

"Hey Tom, can we sit down for a bit?"

"Sure," he replied.

"Tom, this is not easy for either of us. Your mum is seriously ill in hospital and the man you called, 'Dad' for so long has died."

He teared up at this point, but wouldn't allow himself to outright cry. Typical teenage kid!

I just wanted to grab him and hug him and tell him that everything would be fine, but that would be weird. All of the intimacy which was normally developed between a man and his son was missing. We were strangers in a strange situation!

"Do you think mum will be alright?" has asked after he had control of his emotions.

"I'll be honest with you Tom. I don't know. The doctors don't even know. We just have to hope and pray that she will pull out of it." I couldn't believe that I was hoping that Evonne, my cheating ex-wife, would recover. There was a time when I wished them both dead.

"Will you come up with me when I visit her?" he asked.

"Of course, Tom. I am here for you while all of this mess sorts itself out. Now it is getting close to dinner time and I'm starved. What about you?" Stupid question! What fourteen year old is ever not starving?

"Sure, umm Uncle Bill," Tom replied. "I'll show you where everything is. Sorry, but I'm not much good at cooking or anything."

I hesitated again at the 'Uncle Bill' comment, but knew that I had to live with that. Tom showed me where everything was and I must admit that I whipped up a great meal, one that we both enjoyed, but ate in relative silence. This relationship was going to need a little work!

After dinner, Tom went to his room. He did have homework to finish and, frankly, I would appreciate the quiet, me time. I sat in the lounge chair which was in exactly the same place as my old chair, but much more comfortable and much more expensive. I spent the time reflecting on the past again. "If only I hadn't embarked on that stupid notion of revenge," I mused. "I would have had visitation with Tom, developed some sort of relationship with him. Got to know his likes and dislikes, his fears and his wants." I looked around. This home could have been my home, our home if only Evonne hadn't been swayed over to cheat on me by that bastard John. "Would have, could have, should have," I said aloud.

pietro108
pietro108
512 Followers