The Fifth Floor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course not."

"Okay, so there must be something you're not telling me." Di was just watching the two of them talk, and she couldn't help but smile because Linda was putting him on the spot and Diane wanted to hear his answer.

"Okay," Russ said, "In a fairly short time we have become very good friends. In fact, so good that I distinctly remember your hands on my butt as you gave me a killer massage."

She smiled at that and said, "I was afraid you'd bring that up."

"Okay, one more thing, chemistry. I simply like you. No, it's more than that, I think the world of you, okay? Now if you're expecting me to say something like I shouldn't have kissed you like that, it won't happen. If you think I'll apologize for kissing you like I did, that won't happen either. If you expect me to say I'll never ever kiss you again, I won't say that either. What I will say is, damn lady, you sure do know how to kiss," and he calmly got up and refilled their cups as she stared at him while Diane continued to watch both of them. "Oh, and one more thing, if you bring up the age issue again, I'll take you over my knee and smack your cute ass."

"You wouldn't do that."

"Di, I'll warn you too. If she says anything about being old again, I will take her over my knee, and I haven't decided if I would paddle her through her pants, or I'd pull them down first."

"Okay, you two, now truce. Linda, if he were to do that, he'd have me to deal with, but at the same time, I wouldn't even try to stop him either. Russ, now behave yourself."

"Yes ma'am," but he was smiling as he sat back down again. He certainly would pull her pants down and paddle her, and he'd love every second of it he decided.

After that evening things settled down for the three of them. Russ stopped kissing his neighbor and their three lives went back to their routine once again. Coffee at one apartment or the other, dinner out or sharing what little else they did for entertainment.

It was probably the almost too laid back life that made Diane tell Russ, "Honey, it's time to go home for the weekend."

"I agree, why don't you call the others and see if we can all get together for dinner or something." Diane went to her task, and then finding Russ on the couch reading, she dropped down next to him and said, "Everything is set for Saturday night."

"Can they all make it?"

"Yes, even Joe will be there."

"You aren't trying to play matchmaker for Linda are you?"

"Of course not. I just thought you'd want to see him."
"You're right, of course."

"But I did invite Linda to go home with us, is that okay?"

"Of course, as long as you're not trying to pull something."

"Not at all, I just thought she'd like to get out of here the same as us."

"Did she say she'd go?"

"She jumped at the idea in fact."

"Are we going home Friday night or Saturday?"

"I just assumed Saturday, but Friday night would be great. Even stopping for dinner we could be home well before midnight."

Chapter Five

When Russ got home after work on Friday, he found Linda and Di waiting for him. "Am I holding up this adventure?"

"Yes you are," Linda told him, "Go change."

"Yes, dear," and he did as he was told.

They were on the road less than half an hour later, stopping for dinner before they got too far into the country, and then it was on the road again. The three of them had settled down into a more or less quiet mode as they watched the gray depressing late February landscape slip behind them. The evening light had given way to the thin twilight when they stopped for a restroom break, and when they returned to the car, Diane took the backseat so she could more or less lie down.

Linda and Russ didn't talk much more just because she was now in the front seat, but they would look at one another every so often. Diane was soon about half asleep. By the time they were within an hour of home and Russ asked Linda, "Doing okay?"

"I'm fine. Sleepy but fine, you doing okay?"

"I'm okay. I'll be ready to see the bed, but all is well."

"Russ, thanks for inviting me to come along."

"You're welcome, and I'm glad you agreed to join us." Linda turned to say something to Diane, but she was now asleep so she just turned back and smiled at Russ.

"She's out cold."

"She probably had a busy day today."

"She said that she was glad it was over." Once again silence returned and the darkness deepened. It was by the feeble reflected light of the headlights and dash lights that he could still make out Linda's form as she sat there with her head back and her eyes drifting closed only to open again a minute later. He took the opportunity to look at her frequently and revisit their times together. He really liked her. She was old enough to be settled, but still easily young enough to make him think about her in more intimate terms. What she might look like undressed or how it would feel to be in bed with her. He didn't lust after her, but with the time and silence that he had right then, he gave those thoughts free reign. He could never be unfaithful to Diane, but that didn't stop him from enjoying his wandering mind. She finally caught him looking at her and they shared a tender smile before he said in a near whisper, "We're almost home." She just smiled at him and looked ahead again.

Linda was more asleep than awake when Russ turned into their driveway and hit the garage door opener. He reached over and with his hand on Linda's thigh said, "Hey babe, were here." She roused and smiled at him, and at the same time Diane sat up knowing where they were. With Linda's overnight bag in hand, Diane led the way and the three of them went inside. Diane took Linda to the guest room showing her the house on the way, and not much later the three of them were in bed and asleep.

Over coffee in the morning, Russ saw Linda in her sleepwear and her hair still tossed in different directions. "Well now, you two have seen me at my worst."

Russ got up and kissed her cheek and told her, "You look cute," and he refilled their cups before sitting down again. After showers and getting dressed, they went out for breakfast and then Russ drove them around to show Linda their little part of Cincinnati. Over to the Burnett Woods Park area and up past the Cincinnati Zoo before Diane showed her the best places to shop. But mostly, they just talked and killed time, and enjoyed being away from the apartments until it was time to go to dinner with Diane and Russ and their friends.

They went to Continental Gardens for dinner and were there just ahead of the others. As soon as they had all assembled, Russ said, "Okay everybody, as you can see, I have two loves in my life now. This new good looking addition is Linda. And Linda, we'll go through their names at the table to help you remember this unruly group." By some strange coincidence, Joe, the only other single in the group was seated next to Linda, but because Diane wanted to sit next to Beth, one of her best friends, that put Russ to Linda's left. It was a noisy group of eight that were gathered at the long table as they all tried to talk at the same time. Things slowly settled down and questions were abundant. What were they doing to pass their times in those apartments and about meeting Linda and on and on over dinner and then drinks afterward.

Mark, one of their friends, went to the restroom when Russ went and he said while standing at the urinals, "So you getting any of that?"

Russ laughed and said, "No, I'm behaving myself more or less. A kiss here and there, but that's all."

"Damn, Linda is enough to make me wish I was older."

"And single again."

"Yeah, that...no, I guess not. So how is training coming?"
"Fine, mostly I'm cheap help for the Nashville office for four months."

"That's a long training session."

"It isn't even necessary, but like I said, I'm cheap help. I'll be replaced by another trainee and their cheap help will continue. But it will look good on my résumé when the time comes for me to change jobs." When they returned to the table, Linda was engaged in conversation with Joe, but she gave Russ a smile, and when he sat down, her left hand went to his thigh and gave him a gentle caress. It was like she was telling him she missed him in that short time he was gone. Whether or not Joe noticed that gesture, Russ couldn't tell, but he put his hand on hers to let her know he certainly liked her warm touch. It was great therapy for Russ and Diane to see their friends and home again, and Linda seemed to be enjoying herself as well.

Late Sunday morning, Diane showed Linda their backyard and large stone patio. As they stood there, Diane told her, "In the morning the sun hits this side of the house and warms it up nicely, and in the afternoon, when it's getting hot, this side is in the shade and when we put our awning out, we'll have at least fifteen feet of shade out here if that's what we want."

"It must be nice to just hang out here."

"It is. The house is fairly generic, but I love our yard and patio."

After lunch, the three of them headed back to Nashville with Linda once again in the backseat. They were well into their ride when Linda said, "I like your friends. They welcomed me into the fold and I never felt like the odd one in the group."

Diane laughed and told her, "The position for odd one of the group was taken by Belinda. She's sweet and a lot of fun sometimes, but she is certified odd."

"I think she just dances to different music."

"For sure, music nobody but she can hear." Then Di added, "I think she hears voices sometimes too. What did you think of Joe?"

"Nice. Almost bashful in a way, and that seemed incongruous with him being square jawed and looking pretty fit."

"He runs a lot and is in very good shape. I never thought of him as shy or bashful, but then I've known him for a long time too." Once again they fell into a comfortable silence, and each of them retreated to their own thoughts and replays of the weekend.

They were getting close to Nashville and were talking about looking forward to spring when Linda said, "I used to have a house. A nice house in fact, but it did lack a nice yard and our patio wasn't more than ten feet wide. But I liked it there. I just couldn't afford it after the divorce, and neither could Todd."

Russ and Diane could both hear the lingering hurt and loss that she was feeling, but since the subject was on the table now Diane asked her, "Do you ever see or hear from your ex?"

"Not often. If something comes up that involves Tina, one of us will call the other one, but that's about it. We can be civil around each other, but that's about it. As time passes, I'm sure that whole thing will mellow out though."

"So he never tried to poison Tina's love for you?"

"If he did try, I never knew about it."

"Linda, what did happen between you and Todd, or would you rather not get into it?"

"Oh, a combination of things I guess. We fought a lot, but the fighting was because of disagreements with finances, how to treat Tina, sex, you name it."

"So he wasn't unfaithful then?"

She looked out of the side window and stared at the passing scenery and paused before saying, "Not that I could ever prove, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had been." Diane didn't quite know what to say at that point, but Linda solved that by continuing. "I guess I should tell you something else too. When I said sex, it wasn't because he wanted to and I didn't. I know that's what is always assumed and maybe that is often the case I don't know. It was more that what I wanted and expected, didn't line up with what he wanted and expected out of our marriage. He wanted...sorry, I'm sure you don't want to hear that part of it."

"We would if it isn't too uncomfortable for you to share it."

"I'm like most women in that I like to be loved, not just screwed. I like some feeling and commitment to the act, and not just the mechanics of lovemaking. Well, I can't really even call it that. He liked to get into kinky things. I'm not talking about simple things like a little bondage, or unusual locations or whatever. More, like...well, I won't go into that. We were just so incompatible in that area is what it comes down to."

"Did you two make love before you were married?"
"Several times, but he wasn't like that then. He changed for whatever reason."

"We're so sorry you have had such a rough time of it."

"Thanks, but I'll be okay, it just takes time. Like I said before, I do miss my house. The apartment I'm in now is a lot nicer than the one I got after the divorce, and that helps, but it's still an apartment and somebody elses place. I want to say one thing more too. I'm so glad that I have you two in my life now. Even when you move back home, I'll know where you are and that you are my friends."

"We're hoping you'll come stay with us once in awhile."

"I'd like to very much."

They made back to the apartment complex, and shared warm embraces and soft kisses before calling it night.

Chapter Six

It was almost three weeks after their trip up to Cincinnati, when Linda caught Diane coming home from work. "Hi, I just got some good news today and I wanted to share it with you."
"Wonderful, come in." Like they always did they went to the kitchen and with iced tea poured they sat down at the table. "Tell me your good news girl friend."

"Tina is coming to stay for few days: Thursday to Sunday to be exact."

"That's fantastic; we do get to meet her don't we?"

"Of course and I can't wait."

"So, tomorrow night then?"
"Yes."

"How long has it been since you've seen her?"

"At least three months, and it seems like forever."

"I've never asked, do you two keep in touch?"

"By e-mail, two or three times a week, and once in awhile by phone. I've told her all about you and Russ. Even about the new years kiss from Russ."

"You didn't?"

"I did and was she full of questions."

"I'll just bet."

"I have to go, because I have a ton of things to do and groceries to buy."
"We'll have to get together for dinner or go out or something."

"Yes, let's do that. We can go to the Outback."

"By all means, just let us know when works for you two."

Linda hardly touched her iced tea and was gone in minutes. When Diane told Russ about Tina coming to visit she added, "Poor Linda was a bundle of energy. She's so wound up, I don't think she'll sleep tonight unless she takes something."

"I'll go over there about ten and hand her a pill or a glass of booze."

"She'll need something."

He put his arms around her and said, "Speaking of needing something."

She smiled and said, "Where did this come from?"

"From you. Always from you my love."

She kissed him and said, "Liar. I see you watching Linda."

"Can't fool you can I."

"Not for long anyway, so what is it about her that gets your attention?"

"She's so much like you."

"You sweet bullshitter you, care to try again?"

"I'm serious. I don't mean in appearance, but in temperament and general outlook on life. Oh, and you both seem to like the way I kiss."

"Is that right, and what else?"

"Mmmm, well, I can't say you're alike in bed obviously. You two laugh at the same things, and even share a favorite color, green."

"That's pretty thin, mister, but I'll accept your version, now take me to bed and you can try to explain to me why you mentioned her."

"Let's make love first."

"Before you make me mad or jealous?"

"Just taking precautions, honey," and they made their way to the bedroom. He helped her to undress and kissed her again and told her, "I love you."

"I love you too, honey, even if you do ogle the neighbor and lust after her."

He continued to undress himself and said, "I do not."

"Care to take a polygraph?"

"Well, I'll admit to having those thoughts jump into my mind a time or two."

"Uh huh. Ravage me, lover." And he did. They weren't big on trying six different positions or trying to last half the night. It was almost more important for them to be close and touching and talking as the actual act of lovemaking. Almost. As they rested afterward Diane said, "Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all, but you didn't last very long tonight."

"Well, that is at least partly your fault."

"Okay and what about the other part lover?"

"I was a little impatient."

"Why, is there a game on tonight?"

"Cute. No, it's just that you got me going and I just lost control. That, and it's been too long since the last time."

"Okay, I'm more inclined to buy the second reason."

"But you really do get me going, honey."

"I hope so or we have a problem."

"We do have a problem, I'm hungry."

"But you just ate me, didn't that help?"

"I just had desert first."

"You are so clever and thank you."

"No, thank you."

"Okay, now for dinner tonight we can have Chinese or Italian."

"Why?"

"Because they both deliver."

"Oh. Italian then."

Just before ten, Russ poured a double of an old black cherry liqueur and went across the hall and knocked on Linda's door. When she opened the door he looked at her and then smiled. "Damn, you look sexy."

"I do not, but thank you."

"Di told me about Tina coming and she said that you were so wired and excited."

"I am."

Holding up the glass he told her, "This is for you: Something to help you sleep tonight."

She looked down the hall and said, "Come in before somebody sees me in my nightie."

"As long as I get to see you."

She tasted the potent drink and said, "Wow, now this could be dangerous. Sweet, but, oh so strong. Did Diane tell you what I told her?"

"About what?"

"That I've told Tina all about you and Diane including that New Year 's kiss?"
"No, she didn't mention that. How did Tina take that?"

"Lots of questions, but that's all. She knows how much you mean to me."

She took a healthy taste of her syrupy potion and then Russ kissed her softly. "Your kisses are already so sweet, but I wanted to taste you with black cherry on your lips."

"I'm going to go crazy when you two leave."

"Get a job up there and then come live near us."

"I know you're not serious, but if I thought I could, I'd think hard about it."

"I know you could, but that would mean another big change for you."

"Having you and Diane gone, will be another big change for me." She emptied her glass and handing it back to him said, "Thanks Russ, but you better get home before Diane comes looking for you."

"I better. Night, beautiful."

"Night, love," and she watched him go back to his wife.

As soon as Russ went in, Diane asked him, "Was she surprised to see you?"

"I guess not, because she met me in a very sexy negligee."

"She did?"
"No, but she was ready for bed. She drank the liqueur like a good patient and we talked for a minute. You're right, she's anxious to see Tina."

Chapter Seven

Russ and Diane didn't see or hear from Linda until after they got home from work Friday. They barely had time to change before Linda and Tina arrived, and minutes after that they were sitting in the living room having coffee and talking. Tina was taller than Linda, maybe five six, but other than that, she was just like her mother. Nice looking with dirty blond hair, light complexion, and light framed without looking skinny. Diane and Russ both noticed how Tina was checking them, but especially Russ. They had talked for quite awhile before Tina asked Russ, "Do you know anything about cars?"

"A little, why?"

"Come down and listen to my noise and give me your opinion before I drive it back to school."

"Sure, let's go check it out." As they walked down the hall to the stairs he asked her, "So what does it sound like?"