All Comments on 'The Flash of an Affair Pt. 02'

by NeutralFriend

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks!

5.

This (and the previous) felt fresh. Satisfying.

IF you go on to a ‘Barton’s Downfall’ it’d be interesting to see him go from gloating snake to having the tables turned so we find him shocked to find himself in a position similar to Sallies anguish and humiliation - as well as losing the ability to cause that damage to anyone else in the future.

Just HOW you accomplish that would be the challenge. Simply having him become the bitch of a tougher guy would not be particularly interesting ...or creative.

So, yeah, a challenge I suppose.

-

Regardless of whether it’s Barton’s downfall, or something entirely different, I look forward to your future submissions.

Your Newest Fan,

JMAS.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Need more

This just didn't ring true. He was leaving , she was on her way to cheating, and suddenly they're having wild sex in the shower because she forgot her overcoat. Then there's the ass. I just don't understand the LW fixation on anal sex. You don't even need a woman for that. Anyway, I was looking forward to this, but it was a big let down. You can save it by stomping the snake. Soon.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

Nice, he saved the silly bitch from her own stupidity. Now they just need to destroy Barton.

gmann57gmann57about 5 years ago

I would like to see Barton get his ass kicked thrown into the trunk of a car and crushed alive and any other prick who thinks its ok to fuck another mans wife. Thats what I will do to anyone that wants to try messing with my woman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Meh.

She didn’t cheat on him and so far as we knew m, she had no intention of cheating on her husband....so why was he kissed? So her boss wanted to fuck her, big deal. HR tends to frown on managers who are banging their employees and pussy isn’t worth your job. Not to mention this LW thing where women are helpless when confronted by a huge cock. Like...really? They see a big cock and all of a sudden they have to have it.

Whatever. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5*

Great story, please continue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sorry, I just didnt get this at all.

This story had such great potential.

The buildup good, story good, premise good, then it went completely off the rails.

The shower scene was just silly, then "fuck my ass" it all became a bit unbelievable and ridiculous.

Don't take this critic as a personnel slur, take it as constructive criticism, I wont say any more.

Sorry I hate to pull apart someone who has gone to the trouble of writing a story.

Especially one that started so well.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Gmann57:

Really? Your bio says that you’re between 51 and 60 years old, but you will kick the ass of and crush alive any man who tries to mess with your wife?

Write us that story; we want to read it.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 5 years ago
Final conclusion please

This story is begging for the third chapter, where Barton finally meets karma.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 5 years ago
A very good story

Thanks for a great story. Keep writing!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Not bad.

Thanks for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re:"Meh"

"She didn’t cheat on him and so far as we knew m, she had no intention of cheating on her husband" - She had EVERY intention of cheating on him! If she hadn't forgotten her overcoat she'd be on the plane on her way to cheating on him.

rnebularrnebularabout 5 years ago
Nice but short

I think this part could have easily been included with part 1, as they were both a bit short. Also, I think the big thing to understand about these two and the scene played out here, is that Henry thought he lost. We didn't get a lot of back story, just that powerful letter he wrote his wife, explaining the issues with Sally.

Good effort, and really nice to read a "near-miss" like this. They win in the end!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Anon: "Sorry, I just didn't get this at all"

I agree with everything you said. First submission was a good start. This follow up was just plain disappointing and unbelievable. Where was the thought and effort that went into the first part?

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
Short but sweet

yes you need a third chapter (at least).

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Good story

Bit rushed in this chapter, but got the intent.

Would like a vengeance on the dastardly villein of the story. Make sure you take time and write a complete story.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
Not finished

Without Barton's punishment, it is not complete. Thomas & Sally will make good allies in that effort.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Sure is

Good to see a truly happy ending as opposed to a cuck happy ending like bigguy33

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So Hard Sex Fixed Her

You do know it doesn't work that way, right? Interesting start, lazy finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
but can he trust

her not to stray again when the next guy breaks her down? She would have cheated and intended to cheat. Only when she thought she lost everything did she "come to her senses". He can't be around her 24 x 7. Doomed.

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
Not a terrible continuation

but leaves a lot of unanswered questions in dealing with Barton and her job.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 5 years ago
Next!

Yea, you kind of did go off the rails a bit, but still a decent story. Now let them get even with the boss. That could be fun!

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Decent writing

Would like to see the downfall of barton at the hands of he and emily. She shoykd go on the trip, him in the bqckground and her with a recorder to get his attemot to manipulate her into having sex or drugging her or whatever he does to seduce the girls. Than bring his asss down

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 5 years ago
Nice.

This was a good story but with parts missing.

And not just the aftermath.

For me, the biggest part missing

was how the wife came to the point

of not listening to her husband.

The story hints to the boss

talking the husband down, to the wife.

If so, why did she allow that?

The reason for that is missing here.

This story had a good plot, was well written

and show an effort of a talented writer.

A warm welcome from me :).

4 out of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What Next

Part three needs to address healing the marriage. For what ever reasons Emily ignored her husband’s fears; she wanted to be with Barton, not her husband. Also you could use a good proofreader; it’s weak not week and how did his cock align with her pussy and end up in her ass. He quit before she got to the airport and when she doesn’t show up she will probably be fired. It will be difficult to get retribution on Barton but then that is the challenge of a good story line.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 5 years ago
Decent plot

But this jigsaw puzzle was missing a few pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sorry incomplete

Need to see a story on Barton’s downfall, the only way to do that is sally goes to HR and sues the company .if the babies is Barton’s case closed. It’s hard to bring down a tyrant as so many see nothing wrong with our president his words or actions that hurt and destroy others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not badly written

But my problem is the overall premise. Supposedly she is about to go off and fuck her Boss. She's made that decision and only changes her mind when she forgets her coat, goes home and finds out her husband has discovered her plans. That seemed like weak reasoning. She was prepared to lose her husband before she saw his note. Why would the note change her mind? A wake up call? Maybe. Then you made the husband look like a moron. He's discovered her affair, makes a decision to leave her, packs, then decides to take a shower before leaving? Really? That wasn't the worst part. You make it look like she changed his mind because she fucks him and gives up her ass. So he lets the "little head" rule and totally ignores the fact that she WAS going to fuck her Boss. The only reason she changes her mind is because he catches her and she gets cold feet. So the best defense is offense and she fucks him to change his mind. That doesn't speak well to the condition of their marriage which is on life support.

luedonluedonabout 5 years ago
Some things should be left to the reader's imagination

And I believe that was the case with the first part of this story. From the comments to that part, the usual wife-distrusters concluded one thing and others were happy to accept that she hadn't yet and possibly wouldn't.

So much of the LW commentariat always demands that stories be wrapped up and tied off with a neat bow, preferably reaching their preferred conclusion. I believe it's a mistake for an author to do it with a story like this. Part 1 was good; this part seemed contrived.

Lue

Ps: Why the hell do authors so often include anal penetration as an indication of penitence by a wife who has erred in some way? What's the attraction?

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Lue

We finally agree on something. As I said I my original comment, I just don't understand the fixation on anal sex. In addition to being the reward for reconciliation, it's usually the deal breaker for a relationship in LW. Giving the lover her married ass is the worst thing a cheating wife can do. Even then top tier authors do this, not just the stroke jokes. I just don't think that most good relationships are built on who owns the ass , so this is one I don't understand.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
re: Not badly written

That's about what I was thinking.

<P>

The only reason she didn't cheat on him was because she forgot her overcoat and read the letter. Without that, she would have gone through with it. Her remorse was just an accident. Her original intent was not. If she hadn't forgotten the coat he would have been long gone.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Comments

Re: "Not badly written" - She's NOT necessarily prepared to ,lose her husband. Maybe she expects to get away with it.

Re: Anal - I believe in LW world, women in general, wives in particular, either don't care for anal, or won't do it at all. That makes it a forbidden fruit, therefore desirable. The same could be said of oral sex, if not a regular part of their sex life, or deep throat, even an FFM.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Interesting story

Contrary to some commentators on this thread, there is nothing in the story that establishes the wife had intended to go fuck Barton. In fact, the problem was that she didn't believe that Barton had any such intentions based on his "gentlemanly" demeanor. She may have been naive and stubborn (by not listening to her husband), but she wasn't setting out to commit adultery. BTW, the flower symbolism was a nice touch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Maybe the target audience was specifically people retarded enough to require help with tying their shoelaces.

luedonluedonabout 5 years ago
Re: Anal sex

I understand that the correct response to a request for anal sex is "After you have shown me what it's like to be on the receiving end".

What I don't get about this (and many other LW stories) is the apparent belief by authors that a wife should debase herself with a comment like "Now fuck my ass. Treat me like the bitch I've been these last few weeks."

Surely there are better ways to show a wife's true love for her husband?

Lue

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
OK continuation

Still the human relationship isn't there. He might of been punishing her rather than reclaiming her. So they are both out of excellent jobs? That could lead to new tension in the household;

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
For me

This was a very good story. You can always find some plot holes in any story and I normally like the BTB type stories but this one I liked very much. Please keep writing and submitting stories. Thanks for the story.

"Buckeye Fan"

0zed0zedabout 5 years ago
Great Ending

I think you made it very clear that she didn't intend to cheat. His concern was that she would be unable resist his advances, based on his past success with the previous assistant, and the fact that she refused to believe that her boss was a skilled predator. Therefore, taking her back exempts him from being a spineless wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not bad....

A different ending is always refreshing....😍

⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Disappointing. A quick fuck and all's better.

...Until the next time.

Nope. Not nearly enough to fix this marriage.

meucimeuciabout 5 years ago
i liked it!

usually more of a btb kind of guy I have to admit this was good too. Although I would like another part telling a story where The asshat Barton gets whats coming to him, then this story would be complete in my eyes, but if that don't come this was still good.

JetskibumJetskibumabout 5 years ago
Great twist

Sometimes women have no idea when a supervisor is “working” her. From the context, it’s apparent her boss would use drugs and then blackmail.

This is more common than many think.

Good job. Needs a little grammar check, but not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This does go on often and I don’t understand why. Even a very bad subject like sexual assaults. As a hubby and parent I would expect them to come to me asap and allow me to help handle it. I’m not violent at all but I can say without a doubt that I would handle a situation like that fast and aggressively not caring about repercussions. Many get caught up on getting in trouble while letting predators keep getting away with it. Especially when it’s just a job at stake. There is always another job to get

dorbb2dorbb2about 5 years ago
Fidelity includes intent, value and respect.

It took the reality of divorce to waken her? Until that time the words of her husband, the one person in the world she should trust above all others, fell on deaf ears! Her husbands fears were second to the job. How sad. I question if this marriage will last.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pretty good read

But Lucy still has some splaining to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This story deserves a better score

Technically well written and far more believable than the usual trash in LW. In real life we are occasionally blind to part of what is going on around us and who people really are. Sometimes we wake up in time to avoid a problem, sometimes we don't. This is a poignant story about a wife who came to her senses before it was too late. Interesting plotting and decent character development for such a short tale. NeutralFriend should continue writing...I hope he steers clear of the stock characters (idiot wives, weak/cuckish husbands) and the worn out and weak plot devices that litter LW.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
Good story

The storyline is good. The problem is that it lacks depth. Sometimes trying to make it brief, important details don’t reach the reader - I think it’s happening here. We don’t know much about the couple, beyond that they work at the same place, and have recently had trouble injected by her boss. The 2 parts combined don’t push enough emotion for the reader to sympathize with any of them.

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
Very Good

You’ve created a story of seduction, betrayal and love. The story is short but had good emotion. That is hard to create. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ALMOST WHOOPS!

There truly are snakes like Barton. Henry should find him alone and beat him within a half inch of his life, or worse. Then make an appt with a pool of quicksand...

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

It's a good flash story, but I don't see why it needed to be split into two parts, considering how short it is. Now the first part ends on a sort of cliffhanger (not really, because we already know they're gonna kiss and make up), and the second part zooms by. Maybe could've added her rejection of Barton somewhere in there to give some more body to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
kiss on the cheek?

Not sure what era this was to have taken place but I really don't know any PA who would kiss their boss on the cheek unless they already knew each other very well and maybe it was at a funeral and one was grief stricken. Even a hug goes far when in a workplace. Not saying that like she cheated or something was going on but that is just my thought.

Other thing as the husband I would have brought up is why she would say that had she gone with Barton she might have fallen victim to his plan? She doubts her ability to stay faithful? Had he already seduced her to that point? That is a woman that I wouldn't be able to leave out of my sight and that sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anonymous

Very good story please continue with the consequences suffered by the snake of a man.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Good story, nicely written.

Just an FYI...you authors really need to stop fixating on the whole ass fuck thing, like its the Holy Grail of sex.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Pretty good but definitely wish there was a follow up detailing the seducer's comeuppance.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

So, in what alternate universe or parallel dimension can a boss essentially rape and impregnate a subordinate employee and get away with it? Hell, in Texas, ol' either Thomas Winters or Henry could beat Barton's ass within an inch of his life, and twelve of his fine, righteous-thinking peers would cut their ass loose. Maybe fined for 'littering' if they left Barton in the street!

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Overall it wasnt a horrid story, some of it was totally nonsensical. So it did come up short in a few ways.

And why does every author have a woman throwing this idiocy out there "You're going to take me again. This time your going to fuck my ass. You're going to claim my anal cherry today."?

None of you like to hear the word "cliched" in our reviews and yet none of you can walk away from them.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 2 years ago

Rushed, dialogue not realistic but could be a good story with polish.

For a first story, I would have put this in Romance because she didn’t cheat. Also, LW commenters are brutal. If my first story had been LW, I would have never written again. Don’t give up.

acupacupabout 2 years ago

Barton's downfall would be an excellent conclusion!

The app texts may disappear, but pictures with another phone of them doesn't!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely amateurish. ! If the boss wants to keep the secretaries as his sluts.. getting them preggo will only expose him once the child’s DNA is checked!

That did not make sense!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

iameasel nailed it with his comment about authors who treat anal penetration like 'the holy grail of sex', Good to know that I'm not a lone voice on this issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks. I do like stories like this. Can't btb when she realizes a wrong

S. F.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good thing she forgot her coat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As if anal fixes a marriage. What about Barton?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Anal must be far superior, I'm only 62, maybe ill try someday

MasterKoteMasterKote2 months ago

Sorry but sex or reclaiming shouldn't lead to an easy reconciliation like this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Meh this wasn't that good of a chapter in comparison. More a stroke story? To be fair, while they needed to talk things out and communicate better and not argue, they were in the crosshairs of a sadistic predator. Btw no mention of what happens to the asshole? Or to Tom and Sally? Just sex and they are all OK? Reconciliation is warranted but needs some time. The asshole was going to rape her. She had no inclination to screw him, no emotional affair, nada. They were arguing because hubby was being tortured by the predator (how did that work out Mr Predator?). Doesn't seem smart. In fact in real life, that gets the predator put down by running into a husband who will not stand for it. Yes the husband was humiliated and the wife did not trust him, thinking he was nuts. THAT needs work in their marriage, but I am aghast that some commenters below equate that with her already cheating. Smdh. Either they didn't read the story correctly or they have serious insecurities. Yikes!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous