All Comments on 'The Flower Girl'

by chymera

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
slowhand21slowhand217 months ago

Such a sad story. Even sadder that it is a reality for so many women.

Eveready1999Eveready19997 months ago

The Cowsills were a one hit wonder for a reason....

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really sad! I wouldn't have been able to leave someone once cared about, in that situation. Then my goal would have been to remove snake and the worm who sold her, from this earth. Now he goes through life knowing he's a loser.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The Cowsills were not exactly a one hit wonder-they hit it big with the song Hair from the musical and

they had a decent song called Indian Lake (which I liked).

Thanks Chymera for putting that flower girl song in my head-I sang the song all afternoon and I was happy

happy happy. Nice story good writing sad story, the late sixties with the hippy lifestyle was a wild and wonderful

time(showing my age).

Unfortunately for Daisy that her father was not much of a father at all-how does he not try to save and clean her

up in a rehab facility . Even if it doesn't take at least he tried to help a young daughter.

Keep writing and I happen to read many of your stories especially over in L W cat.

5 stars

Dare

PeorgyPeorgy7 months ago

wrong category should be in the kiddy section.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I too am grateful for the Cowsills reminder. Their best song but Indian Lake always reminds me of fall though is probably a summer song. Then there is Hair so now all can realize they were far from a one hit wonder. One can say the same for chymera. Thanks for sharing another winner dear author,

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The "middle class drudge" wasn't a problem in this story despite a commenter or two saying so. His reaction towards the girl while a youngster in college was unsupprising nor would it be for most typical people in that situation. That the girl was diverted by partying with drugs and alcohol, and gave up after only one week of his opproprium days she had a fundamental problem along with her self-esteem issues: piss poor parents and friends. Consider that the parents cutting them off and not pressuring the college authorities to get on it prevented a necessary intervention. They have or know resources to deal with such problems, and not doing so contributed to their deaths. It wasn't the former boyfriends problem since she was beyond his help once in a pimp's 'stable'. At best, he could inform the police and/or her parents to arrest and get her off the street and into a rehab program. Would she recover? Perhaps, albiet never again be the girl he knew. The skankiness would never go away and she would be just a sad former whore. Now THAT would be an interesting sequel.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous