All Comments on 'The Friends List Ch. 04'

by thatsbogus

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AingealanLannAingealanLannalmost 2 years ago

Seriously hope the next chapter of this comes soon. I think we can all guess who might be the secret crush at this point, given the subclues and man, is it going to be a ride.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love the more sensual descriptors. Sense of foreboding too lol, who is the crush xD glad to see another chapter, sorry for your irl struggles

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Waiting for Parts 5, 6 and 7!

golasgilgolasgilalmost 2 years ago

Really good story which I'm delighted to have found.

BocjBocjalmost 2 years ago

I’m very glad you’re writing again, and I’m very sorry for the loss of your friend. As always in your writing, you’ve done a model job combining storytelling and character development with good descriptions of sex. I do wish you hadn’t made the rich girl Jewish, though, since it’s just a religion of stereotypes.

patient1patient1almost 2 years ago

Nice work on the Samantha character. Maybe you can write about her college adventures in the future.

BocjBocjalmost 2 years ago

Sorry in my previous comment I didn’t meant to write that Judaism was a “religion of stereotypes” but rather that making Sam Jewish was a repetition of stereotypes. (But to emphasize, I’m so glad you’re back to writing and I hope things get easier with time. May your friend’s memory be a blessing, as Sam would say.)

thatsbogusthatsbogusalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@Bocj I sent you an email through Lit about this, but for anyone else reading this I wanted Samantha’s character to be defined by her feeling like she didn’t fit in anywhere in the world. She may be intelligent and beautiful and appear to have it all, but she’s only human. She’s a middle child who doesn’t fit in with her family, and being a member of an invisible minority made her always feel slightly out of lockstep with the rest of the world. Yes, her family is wealthy, but they’re wealthy through hard work and education. And being a secular Jew doesn’t define her; the mention of Birthright was only in passing, and would pass many readers by who aren’t familiar with the Taglit program. I pictured Sam only going because it was a free trip with a bunch of other young people and a chance to get away from her home life for a couple of weeks.

I don’t believe she’s a stereotype, but I couldn’t make her anything other than what I believed she was as she came to life on the page. I have Jews in my extended family, though I personally am Gentile, and Sam would fit right in with them.

I’m grateful to have readers who’ve engaged with this story as they have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My best to you following the loss of your friend, grief is never an easy atate to work through.

Thank you for this terrific story, can't wait for its conclusion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@thatsbogus how are doing ? AWaiting your new story when it gets to us.

thatsbogusthatsbogusover 1 year agoAuthor

Appreciate the concern, thanks. I’m doing fine, just very busy in my real life. The last chapter is about 85% done, just trying to find time to get the last bit written.

BruceWoBruceWoover 1 year ago

Wow, I hope that he and Sam can become a couple

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great stuff as usual. Hope you're holding up well.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF6 months ago

Power, Inequalities and Social Justice - that’s a rich person’s major if I ever heard one

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userthatsbogus@thatsbogus
Update, February 9: I'm 5,600 words into a new story that I anticipate posting as a one-off. It'll be a long read, and I'm aiming for something both more emotional and more romantic than my usual oeuvre. I've learned a long time ago never to set deadlines for myself, but the w...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES