The Gift Box Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She still thought it was beautiful. "Eric, I love you. I'm sorry that I did all of this to you. Drove you away from me, drove a sexual stake between us. I shouldn't have let Scott or anything come between us."

She kept talking, just to keep calm, maybe he would hear her, maybe he would respond. "Do you remember the last term of college, when you found out I was pregnant with Scott. I wanted to tell you after graduation, but I couldn't hide it from you. You took such good care of me, moving me out of the dorm, moving us here. Then giving me Mal, and Erica, Hayden and Bren, and Willow. It was always easier to tell you about your children after Scott. I was so scared when I found out about Scott. So scared that I would loose you because of the baby. Now, I'm afraid I'll loose you because of my selfishness and stupidity."

"You didn't do anything wrong Em." he squeezed her hand, "I did." he voice was hoarse, but he was awake.

How long had she laid there talking, him listening, and she didn't even notice that he was awake till he spoke and moved. She sat up, looking at him, he smiled.

"Em, baby, I'll always be in your heart, in our children, in our love, that, you will never loose, we will never be apart."

"Eric." it was as soft as an angels kiss when she spoke his name. Tears filled her eyes, she tightened her grip on his hand.

"Em, I'm sorry." he coughed, his throat raw. She stood up and slid her hand over his chest, being careful not to hurt him. He put his arm around her as tight as he could.

"Eric, are you leaving me?"

"Not if I can help it, but if it's my time baby, I have to go." tears stung the wounds on his cheeks. "If this is getting karmatically bitch slapped by Shiva, I deserved it after doing what I did to you."

"No Eric, nothing this bad could have come from that. Besides, I'm all right, and I know you didn't mean to do anything like that, it was just..."

"It was wrong baby, I shouldn't have. I should have taken you upstairs and made love to you, I should have talked to you before, I never meant to hurt you."

"Please, Eric, not now, its over, lets just focus on you getting better."

"I am baby, as long as you're by my side, I'm better." he coughed, groaning. "I'm sorry about your car."

"I can replace the car. I can't replace my husband, my love of my life."

"Emily, I love you." he ran his bandaged fingers up her cheek and across her lips. She kissed them as he did, "Emily, you take care of our kids, you take care of our baby," he let his hand drop down to his side, and rubbed against her tummy.

"You knew?"

"You can't hide it that well baby," he smiled, "that's why I needed to protect you, we have so much at stake." he brushed her tummy again, and she put her lips to his, managing a soft kiss between them as he faded.

"No Eric, I love you, don't leave me Eric, don't leave," she spoke into his lips, feeling his chest as his breathing became shallow. "No ERIC! NO!"

Lights flashed, noises blared, and Emily was pulled from his body, pushed from the room. She stood there numb, witnessing her husbands' death, recalling their last minutes of confessed love, and regrets, made in mere minutes after years of love and affection. She reached up and put her hand on her belly, "Eric, you knew."

Scott came barreling down the hall, "MOM!" he had her in his arms, "Tangy, the baby, it's not dads, it's mine! She's mine! Tangy lied to get even with me, she..." He looked at her as she stared through the glass into the room, then he turned around to see the chaos. His heart stopped as he watched them work on his dad.

"He's gone," she whispered, still holding her tummy, "he told me he loved me, and you, all of you, and to take care of all of you, and the baby."

"What baby mom?"

She looked down, "our baby." Emily fell into his arms and cried.

He carried her back into the waiting room, thinking that it was beginning to be a normal thing toting all of these women around. Mal and Erica sat talking when he burst into the room. Mal took her from Scott and lay her down on the couch as Erica retrieved some water. Emily gathered herself looking at her children, not bearing the weight on her heart well.

"Dad," Scott finally spoke, "I don't know what happened, but they are working on him." he looked around, "Tangy, ok, I know you don't want to hear about it, but we have a little girl, she's my little girl, Tangy told me everything! She lied, she didn't hurt dad, he just lost control of the car, she didn't lie because she told me it all before I took her down there. I wanted to make her suffer like she made mom suffer."

"SCOTT! The poor girl was hurting, you may have hurt the baby." Emily scolded him.

"The baby is fine, she had time, besides, her contractions were far enough apart, but they couldn't give her any medication, so, she went thorough the whole labor and delivery naturally!"

"Oh Scott. How is she doing?"

"They are fine, Emilia is beautiful and healthy."

Emily smiled, "Emilia huh? Your idea?"

"Yes." Scott held her hands.

"I still don't buy it!" Erica spatted.

"I agree." Mal admitted, "Why would she be so evil?"

"Look, she agreed to have a DNA test done on Emilia, to prove she was telling me the truth after all this time. If it comes back different from me, then I know she was lying."

"What about dad, if he's gone..." Scott cut Mal a look, pulling him off to the side.

"Shut up, no one has come down here to tell us he's dead. Don't say it, mom's already thinking it. She can't handle that, dad is her world."

"It's not like you can't take his place." Mal sounded jealous.

"What are you talking about!"

"Yeah Mal, what the hell?" Erica asked. Scott shuffled them all to the other side of the room away from Emily.

"Scott's been sleeping with mom." Mal stated bluntly.

"I knew that." Erica admitted.

"I don't mean sleeping with her like he did when he was a kid, I mean having sex and stuff with her."

"Yeah, I know." Erica stated bluntly.

"What do you mean, 'I know'!" Mal blurted.

"SHH! Dumbass!" She bit at him.

"The night that they took daddy to the hospital, when she was pumping in front of us, I knew then." She looked back at Emily, "Come on Scott, I saw the looks that passed between you and mom, and Mel, I about had to beat her off mom!"

"Yeah, I remember that." he smiled.

"Well, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out! Besides, I came home one afternoon and saw the two of you. I just didn't say anything." she smiled at him.

"Thanks sis, but..."

"No need to thank me, besides, if I thought she would go for it, I would take a shot too."

"Oh fuck, you too!" Mal slapped his own head, "I can't believe you two!"

"Well, Mal, I can't help it if I think my mom is a hot piece of work!" Erica smiled, besides, after what I saw between her and Scott, and her and daddy, I would like to taste of her."

"Oh, I'm sure that would be the perfect pleasure for her considering the current circumstances!"

"Hey, I can fantasize can't I?" Erica had a wicked smile to her face.

"About your own mom!" Mal was flabbergasted, shaking his head.

"Have you seen her pussy!"

Mal looked at her, "Am I the only one who doesn't want mom!"

"I guess so!" Scott lightly punched him, "But now, we have other things to worry about." Scott pointed as the doctor came in and sat with Emily, quietly discussing Eric. When he left her alone, she looked at her children, slowly got up and walked to them.

"He's alive, and they have stabilized him. For how long, they don't know, or he will get better." She looked at Scott, "I can't see your dad for a few hours, so can I see my granddaughter?"

"Sure mom," he kissed her softly and held her close, felling her tremble. "Mom, I love you." "I love you too Scott."

They walked down to the nursery to see the new baby, Emily thinking of Eric's words, 'Take care of our baby', he had never been wrong since the first time they made love, he always knew, how long had he known? She held Emilia, looking at her, she had Scott's eyes, Tangy's pouty mouth, and yes, there was a resemblance to Eric, but only because of Scott. She rocked her, taking her mind off everything.

***

Emily left the nursery and went to see Eric. She was exhausted and needed sleep. Her children followed behind her and watched through the window of the room after she went inside. He was stable and resting comfortably.

She sat down and took his hand, where she had been sitting before, and kissed it, talking to him, "I just want you to know, I know the truth about Tangy's baby. She told Scott everything, and now, we have a beautiful new granddaughter." she felt him stir, looking up at his face, not being able to tell anything.

His breathing was steady, but no response other than the slight move of his hand. She watched him now as she talked, "baby, I still don't understand what happened, or why, but what ever was said between you and Tangy, if she is telling Scott the truth, I hope to hear your side of the story. I need to know, I need to hear it from you. If you tell me, then I'll know it's true." he moved his hand again in hers, as if he was responding to her, but his face didn't change.

"Eric, she told Scott the baby was his, and that she lied because she wanted to get even with him because of the divorce. She admitted to drugging you and seducing you, but she was already pregnant before. She told Scott that she has the sonogram photos and the paper from the doctor dating the approximate conception date."

She paused, waiting for another response from him, and continued, "Scott has asked for a DNA test, Tangy agreed, I think they took the blood sample when they checked her, the baby, this morning." his hand shifted in hers. "Scott named her Emilia after me. He named her after me!" she was crying now, leaning against his arm, tears running down her cheek to his skin, and down the tattoo of her name.

She heard a noise behind her and looked up to see Scott. He smiled and walked to her, bushing the tears from her face. "Mom, they said you can't stay much longer. I think you need to go home and sleep. We all do." He looked up at his dad, seeing how badly he had been torn up in the wreck. "Mom, he'll be in good hands, but they won't let us stay. They are going to give Erica and Mal a little time but we all have to leave for a few hours."

"I can't leave him Scott, I can't."

"Mom, it's just for a little while, just to let you rest."

"What if something happens and I'm not here to tell him I love him, or good bye!" she was weeping harder now.

"If something happens, or changes, they will call. We'll come right back here." he was holding her around her shoulders; she still held Eric's hand.

"I've almost lost him, how can I leave and loose him."

"Mom, Emily, your not going to loose him, he's going to pull out of this, aren't you daddy!" She looked at Scott, he never called Eric daddy, not since he was little. She felt Eric's hand tighten his grip, as if Scott's words were a trigger.

He looked at his dad and choked on his words as he spoke, "Daddy, mom needs to know its ok to leave you here so she can get some rest. She needs to go home to Willow, Hayden, and Bren. Daddy, let her know its ok for her to go, you won't leave her behind."

Eric looked at Scott, and moved his hand, pulling hers with his closer to his body, managing to put it over his chest, over the place of the tattoo. He squeezed her hand again, moving it back and forth, and then released his grip.

"Eric, I don't want to leave you here alone."

"Momma, he's not alone. There are good doctors here, he's in good hands." Scott put his hand over his mom and dads and cupped them, "Dad, I'm going to take mom home, let her rest, we'll be back after while. Daddy, I love you, but mom needs to go home so she doesn't get sick. She needs to take care of herself and the baby."

Eric's fingers moved to Scott's hand, and put it over Emily's, and nudged it. He squeezed them together and pulled his hand free, letting it slip to the side. She looked at Scott, swallowed hard, and gave up. She pulled her hand free and stood up to kiss Eric. As she brushed his lips, he put his hand against her tummy, spreading his fingers open to cover it. She put her hand back over his and felt her heart race. "Eric, I'll be back in a few hours. I love you."

He tried to smile as he flexed his fingers a little against her and pulled away. She looked at Scott, "I'll be in the waiting room." she kissed his cheek and left them together.

"Daddy, you always knew everything your children have done. I want you to know that I'll take care of Momma if you don't come home. And Daddy, I'm sorry for everything that Tangy and I put you and Momma through, but for what it's worth, my daughter has her grandfathers spirit." he bet down and kissed his cheek, "Daddy, I love you."

Eric caught his hand and held it tightly, looking up at him. "Wait, let me get mom!"

"No son. NO!" he hoarsely whispered.

"But, mom."

"No. You take her home, make sure she rests. I'm leaving her in your hands. Scott, I'm going to try and pull out of this, but if I don't, you have to promise me, promise me you will love her and care for her."

"You know I will dad."

"Don't tell your mother I said this, do you understand me!" Eric's voice was rough, and low, almost lost.

"Dad, how can I not tell her, she sees right through me."

"You take her home and make her rest. Call Elizabeth and tell her she needs to check on your mother." taking a deep breath he added, "I'm afraid if she doesn't rest, she's going to have a miscarriage."

"Dad! You can't be serious."

"Look at her Scott. If I would have known what I did was going to hurt her in more ways than just breaking her heart, I would have never left the house. I never ment to hurt her, I was angry." he took a deep breath, his tone fading, "Scott, all I need to know is that she's safe, and if it's true. When I was knocked out in the car I saw a vision, dream, what ever it was. She was going to tell me tonight, I know she was. But I'm afraid if she doesn't rest, she's going to have a miscarriage. Do this for me, please."

"Yes dad, I'll do it. I promise."

He grunted, and whimpered in pain. "Go, take your mother home, and send in Mal and Erica. I need to talk to them too. I want you to come back later on, without your mother, I need to talk to you some more. I don't want to her to see me struggle though this recovery; it will only burden her pregnancy even more." he squeezed Scotts hand again, "go on, make sure she's resting."

"I will daddy."

"And Scott, I love you too son." Scott reached around and hugged him, Eric squeezing his arm.

Mal and Erica came into the room after Scott left, Eric speaking with them, telling them something similar to what he had told Scott, with out all of the details, but made them promise to help and care for her if he didn't make it. They agreed, and Erica asked about Tangy, why it all happened. Eric told her and Malcolm the story, and it matched Scott's with a few more facts. They were satisfied, and he told them that he would tell Emily, for them not to stress her out with the details. When they left, he found the button to his pain medication and dosed himself up, putting himself to sleep.

12