All Comments on 'The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 07'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1about 2 years ago

OMG! Going to be interesting to see how you handle the Pandemic! I'm with you to the end unless you start killing off the main characters!

I liked the way you handled the majesty of the Colorado Rockies! Was a bit miffed at no mention of Colorado Springs area which is my favorite area. Just kidding about the miffed part. Since Chris is going to be in Bolder for the next year maybe they could visit the Biltmore or Antlers And soak in the Manitou Mineral Springs!

But yes you have never seen BIG or majestic until you experience the Colorado Rockies.

Great story well written and please keep it coming.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm really enjoying this, thank you.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jo keeps putting herself in self destructive situations. Drinking anything other than a tap beer your pour yourself, or a sealed bottle you open yourself at a frat party is plain old stupid. Birth control pills are not 100%, he'll be lucky if she's not knocked up by some stranger any "next" time he sees her while he studies at CU. Time for Chris to cut bait and avoid the inevitable heartache Jo has lined up if he doesn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story has really gone down hill, it was a great story about two people finding each other and falling in love. Now it's become "Chris saves Jo from rape again and again..." and now he is saving his sister and Jo's roommate from rape. Unfortunately though rape is an incredibly traumatic event the characters seem to shrug off the fact that they are being repeatedly raped or nearly raped. Very disappointing.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Love your stories but this one was totally predictable, almost boring. He needs to either marry and live with her or let her go and forget about her. She just doesn't seem to be even a fraction as committed to him as he is to her. It's getting old.......

hasbro_fanhasbro_fanabout 2 years ago

I enjoy the writing. I'm not as excited as I started with every one having a physical conflict. But the story of Chris and Jo is romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome! Please post more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved it in the beginning, now getting bored. It's starting to be unbelievable and repetitious. Too much intriquet detail as well.

MastergoMastergoabout 2 years ago

Funnily enough I started reading for all the usual sexual reasons but you've hooked me in now I need to know where this goes next. Nice storytelling

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why hasn't there even been a discussion between Jo and Chris about why she's been raped twice unless having someone's cock shoved in your mouth after you've been rufied doesn't count. That's a delicate conversation to say the least, but no conversation about both incidents, and why they continue to happen? Please. She's mommies girl and nobody wants to admit it. Jo needs counseling for a serious passive-aggressive sexual fetish, and Chris needs it for being pussy blind. A pandemic separation could be the best thing that ever happens to Chris, provided he get's her back in her dorm before she's squatting with a buffet of someone else's babies in his house.

redbaron172redbaron172about 2 years ago

Love this story, can't wait for the next chapter...

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Superman, hero tale!

dc6370dc6370about 2 years ago

My sister was raped 30 years ago and while her PTSD has diminished over time it's still there. Here you have Jo raped a second time and nearly raped a third time. This time you add his sister to the mix, in addition to Kate who was already raped once. Maybe you could find another way to make your MC look like a hero than the way you chose. IMO you are seriously diminishing the psychological effects of rape.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You are belittling a horrible crime like rape and it's after effects

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601almost 2 years ago

The first few chapters made us fall madly in love with Jo. Chris seemed a stiff that she would soften.

Since then, Jo’s development has taken the backseat, while Chris has been developed into an ubermensch: brilliant businessman, omniscient designer/engineer, a fighter that makes your average S.E.A.L. team member look like a florist, a dancer that would win Dancing with the Stars, and an omnipotent cocksman that could satisfy an entire sorority, but saves his power for his lady love.

Damn! You started this story looking like a good storyteller, but have devolved into macho bullshittery.

After the total dissection of the family kidnap scenario and the dissection of the rapists at the club I was hoping your Jack Reacher Fetish would subside.

But, actually, after the incredibly boring slide show travelogue that was the first few pages of this chapter I was truly happy to see you revert to the hackneyed unrealistic Uber-macho bullshit again. At least something was happening!

Right now, I’m hoping that Jo sees through Chris’s veneer of patriarchy, and falls for someone in her Education classes who possesses an actual soul.

Oh, and BTW: while the 1911 is a wonderful, historic weapon that any red blooded American should own, only an idiot would keep that as a home defense weapon as opposed to a high capacity CZ, Sig or even the ubiquitous Glock 17 or 19.

Dude, you DO have writing chops. Why mire yourself in such predictable drivel? I know you’re from Texas, but surely you can overcome that handicap!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

DC6370 is spot on it's becoming a very,very bad Die Hard clone story

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

Okay, this one gets huge 1/5. But if it were possible, I would vote negative numbers instead. On the smaller side of the bullshit scale we have the following:

Her bare feet on his dashboard, her dress falling into her lap, exposing her lovely legs, she flirted with him and taunted the truckers on route 25, through Trinidad to Pueblo to Denver, before he made the turn to Boulder. "I wish I had a CB radio in here," he mused, "I'd like to know what the truckers are saying about the sexpot in the Ram truck. Bet they're disappointed now!"

*** I drove Eighteen Wheelers back in the day when every single truck had a CB. I got out of that some 20 years ago. I recently had to return to that line of work during the first Eighteen months of COVID. I bought myself another radio only to learn that cellular phones have killed off the CB. It is possible that maybe one out of every twelve trucks out there still have a CB in it. I encountered mostly dead air unless I was near a large city.

-

The biggest piece of bullshit which earned this one a bottom vote is Chris intentionally shooting criminals in the shoulder and then claiming that he was trained to do that. That's Hollywood Machismo Bullshit!!! This author has obviously never attended any actual gun classes in his life. NO ONE IS EVER TAUGHT SHOOT TO DISABLE. You're always taught SHOOT TO KILL. You never make the choice to pull the trigger without careful consideration. But when you find it necessary to use deadly force, by all means be just as deadly as possible.

-

I also took great exception with your choice to have these girls repeatedly victimized over and over again with the same exact method. That shows that you have a one track mind and you can't create any new scenarios for your characters. That's either a total lack of skill or pure laziness. Increasing the odds by increasing the number of criminals isn't a new scenario. It's also as boring as every jerk off story stars a guy who has an eleven inch dick. Oh wait, you've almost gone there to with "The Brute".

Texican1830Texican1830almost 2 years agoAuthor

Scot - your opinion is your opinion, not fact. I’ve never attended a gun class because I grew up with them and was taught by my sheriff grandfather and dad. I can blow the head off a coiled rattler or a hissing cottonmouth from a greater distance than across a bed with my 1911, or my .22, or my S&W special, so shooting someone in the shoulder while his body is below the mattress is reasonable and very doable.

Sorry, but I call BS on your expertise.

Likewise, I once co-owned and managed a Chevron-MacDonalds truck stop on I35, and I know all about Lot Lizards and their enablers.

My stuff is macho bullshit, yours is incest. I won’t read yours and you don’t read mine. Esta bien?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Had enjoyed this story so far but this constant obsession with Chris saving Jo from being drugged and raped gets old. 1/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How about NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER accepting drinks from strangers!

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr9 months ago

Lol so Jo gets raped twice, nearly raped two other times and just laughs it off oh hahaha thanks for saving me! Jesus what a piece of crap this story has become. Joe started off an interesting character and becomes dumb as shit. Chris starts off interesting and becomes misogynists john wick.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...