The Glawackus: Next of Kin

Story Info
A new girl moves to the property with a mythical creature.
12.9k words
4.69
9.2k
22
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Moving to Connecticut was a last second decision after the climate turned terrible concerning the brush fires that were out of control in our region of California. I understood why my parents wanted to get away from it. We loved to swim, hike, and camp. In that fact alone, they wanted a safer place for me to journey on my own, now that I was an adult and capable of surviving by myself. After years of attending girl scouts and being able to learn from my older brother what the boy scouts do out in the wild, I could get myself out of anything if I needed to. I never did enjoy the gender roles that separated the skills that the boy scouts could learn that the girl scouts were not privy to. Hopefully with the talk of the two entities finally integrating that all those courses and lessons were available to everyone.

We drove up to the bluff along a winding path that led to a house that was at the peak, and we were outside of town surrounded by trees on all sides. Pulling into the driveway, the yard was overgrown with year old trees and saplings that would all need to be hedged back. There wasn't a fence, but since I turned eighteen, my parents were not concerned about my ability to survive out there. I kept a GPS tracker on me, and I promised to never listen to my music using earbuds so that I wasn't hindering my awareness in any way. My brother had long since left the family to continue his Eagle Scout path and R.O.T.C. to full on military. I wasn't sure what I planned to do, but I had the summer to think about it.

"How much of this land belongs to us?" I asked after climbing out of the car, and approaching the top of the bluff, overlooking the rocky terrain of the bluffs and fir trees.

"About 30 acres, and we're right on the edge of it. Most of it is part of a preserve that is considered protected as native American land. As long as we agree to not build or deface any of the land outside of the acres that the house sits on, we don't have to pay taxes on it. It is considered our private property, though." My mother answered.

"Nice." I said, feeling amped about going out and hiking as soon as I can. The one moving truck behind us had essentials; clothes, beds, toiletries, rugs, kitchen appliances, and one of the sofas for the living room and the entertainment center. Mom and dad were going to fly back to California and drive the other two vehicles across the country with two more moving trucks, and attend the closing of our old house.

The first day was a blur of getting all the boxes for my room into the house, and then choosing among the four bedrooms which one I wanted. I chose a lower room, which looked more like a man's den with wood paneling across the lower half of the walls, and dark olive green wallpaper that I would get rid of while mom and dad were gone. The smell in the carpet was of old tobacco smoke. Ugh, I'd need to shampoo the carpets first and foremost before anything would touch this dingy floor that looked older than my parents! I doubt this place had seen any remodeling since the 1960s, and taking the lower room was a favor to my parents since I didn't want to have to disturb them every time I would come and go from the house.

The kitchen wasn't too bad, but the stove definitely needed to be updated with the one from the other house. The fridge was not even worth mentioning. I looked forward to when dad and mom would begin modernizing this house. We were sitting in the dining room later that evening, since mom wanted that furniture with us so we could enjoy our first meal in the house at a proper table.

"So, bad news on the internet front. We're only able to get Comcast internet in this area. It's not ideal, but you might have to hold off on streaming for a while since they can't come out until next Thursday." my mother mentioned. I sighed heavily and shook my head.

"Great. Well, at least I have a backyard to explore while you guys are gone." I mumbled, glancing down to my phone and thumbing through my OnlyFans account while I picked at the Hamburger Helper mom made.

"Just be careful, and don't forget your-"

"GPS tracker," I said in unison with her and smiled, "I got this, mom. I'll be careful." She smiled back at me and we continued eating in peace. Mom and dad were going over their itinerary for tomorrow morning while I was asked to unpack the rest of the house while they were gone.

For the moment, I kept my OnlyFans a secret from my mother. She'd freak out if she found out I was selling my body on the internet. She had to know that with a toned and curvy figure like mine, sun-kissed skin, wavy mocha-black hair and D cup breasts that her daughter was going to turn heads. I already had one paid dare given to me by a fan to bring a man back to my place the first night I am home alone and fuck him on camera. I updated the fans of my streaming services on my phone wile my parents were distracted that I'd be without a stable internet connection for a few days, but promised them great content to come.

I kept all of my sex toys and equipment in an Amazon box that was tucked away along with the lingerie that my fans bought me. I aired them out when I was alone and hung them up in the back of the deep closet that was part of the room I chose. It looked like it had been a trophy room, but I could easily turn it into a more functional walk-in closet later on. In front of that, I hung my camping gear and clothing in front of it so that it was hidden away from my parents' prying eyes. Not that I'd think they'd really hold an issue with it, since they seemed to have an open mind about women doing that, but it's different when it's your own daughter.

That evening, the temperature was around 55 degrees and I was sitting outside on some abandoned patio furniture left on the deck. It overlooked the lay of the land and I could see endless stars under the clear evening sky. I was wearing a hoodie and jeans, my hoop earrings were covered by my straightened black hair, and my acrylic nails were in a warm nude pink color and trimmed shorter so I could help out with moving. Mom mentioned a broken nail or too long of nails wasn't enough of an excuse to not help.

Speaking of, mom stepped out onto the patio with two cups of coffee in her hands. Handing one over to me, I grinned and stirred the spoon to distribute the creamer.

"Nice night." She said while settling into one of the wooden chairs.

"Yeah," I lifted the edge of the mug to my lips and took a drink, "I'll probably go exploring tomorrow once you two leave."

"Well, as long as you're safe, I have no issue with it." She left the last part of her sentence hanging, like she wanted to say something more. I didn't speak, just nodded and took another sip of my coffee and lowered it to my lap.

"Jenni," she said gently, "I know about your OnlyFans account."

Well that was unexpected. My eyes went wide and I turned to look at her, turning pale at the worry over what she might say.

"I haven't told your father, and I don't plan to, but I just want to be sure that you're being safe." She calmed me down, and I breathed a sigh of relief, feeling warmth return to my face and hands again.

"I am," I said, hesitating, "I keep my face covered with a Phantom mask. The only thing they can really see are my lips and the color of my eyes. I cover up my tattoos with concealer products before I go live. How did you find out?"

"You left your 1099 tax information out, and it had the company name on it. It's a cute name in reference to California. You should probably keep it that way so people assume you're still in Cali." She suggested. I planned to change my account name, but that was probably best for now.

I hadn't told any of my fan base where I was moving to, just that I was moving.

"Do you use a P.O. Box for fan mail?" She asked.

"Yeah, but they don't see the address. When they send me stuff, they only have the option to click my name and then send it. I use a website called Throne which lets me pick a wish list of things I want for fans to buy. It protects streamers from fans turning into stalkers." I said.

"Well, that's good." She said tentatively.

"I don't have sex on camera, if you were going to ask that. I'm actually still a virgin."

"What do you do?" She asked.

"Mostly, I just wear different lingerie. I use a camera to take photographs of myself and then I auction off the package. I make the winner sign a non-distribution agreement that they won't sell or distribute the pictures they have won, so it keeps them exclusive. So far, it's worked well."

"How much have you won on a single package of pictures?"

"About two thousand dollars. It would probably be higher, but I only give fans three minutes to bid."

"OnlyFans will let you do that?"

"No, I use another website for that." I drank my coffee and continued to watch her reactions.

"So people just talk to you?"

"Yep. Or I talk to them, or read stories, tell them about my day, and listen to music. The options are unlimited." I really didn't want to get into the nitty gritty of what I do on camera. I feel like my mother would faint if I told her. It was best to just keep it light and sweet, just like my coffee.

"Do your friends know you have an OnlyFans account?" She asked.

"Stacy does. She has one too." I tapped my nose to indicate that her parents don't know, "We stream on different days and times so that we don't compete."

She caught the note of secrecy and nodded in understanding, before drinking her coffee and looking out over the night sky. She took in a deep breath and let out a slow sigh from her lips. My mom was a smart woman, short, blonde hair, not much of a figure or breasts to mention. Sometimes, depending on how she dressed and wore her hair, she looked younger than me. I knew deep down that I got all of my looks from my father's side of the family. Every woman on my dad's side had the same body type as I did. Though, mom's love of outdoor activities is what kept me in shape compared to the rest of them.

"Just promise me if it ever escalates, you won't invite men over to the house." Finally, she stated what was on her mind and I nodded.

"If it ever escalates to that, I'll get a hotel room out of town and give you all the information, but that isn't even anything I'm thinking about. Chances are, if I do decide to engage in a one on one activity with someone, it's probably going to be a woman." I sipped my coffee quickly, knowing that I just dropped a huge bombshell on my mother.

"Well, that I guessed. You've always been supportive of equal rights, sweetheart." She smiled and then chuckled, "When I was your age I hoped for a world that had more equality. Now the people who promised a more open, accepting, and equal future are the ones bitching about things being canceled."

"Well, that's their problem. Guess they really didn't mean it." I said passively, cradling my mug to warm my hands.

"Oh, they did, just so long as it didn't cancel things that inconvenienced them. That's what your biggest fight will be, sweetheart. It isn't cancel culture itself, it's that people don't want to be inconvenienced by equal rights." She had a point, but it wasn't that simple. Still, I know my mother meant well despite trying to oversimplify everything.

"I'll do what it takes." I said, raising my mug in cheers and then finished my coffee. I stood up with a long stretch of my sore body from all the moving and exhaled. "I'm gonna turn in for the night."

"Sleep well, baby." She said with an air kiss and I kissed back at her. Walking into the kitchen, I placed my cup into the sink and turned in for the night. I closed the door to my room and then locked it.

I changed down out of my sweaty clothes for the day and left on my stuffed sports bra and boy short panties. They were color coordinated in navy blue with lime green accents. I kept my black tennis shoes on with white ankle socks and set up my camera on a tripod at the foot of my bed. I put on one of my Phantom of the Opera masks so that my face was covered. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, I lifted my sports bra up over the swell of my breasts, then placed broad black strips of skin tape in a plus sign over my rosy brown nipples. Setting the timer on my camera, I took a picture of myself angled off the edge of my bed with my lips pursed and the full line of my curved body in a spread pose for an update pic.

Saving the picture to my phone and then using the hotspot option just so I could upload to OnlyFans, I captioned the picture with 'new place, see you all soon!'

I looked forward to the number of hits I had in the morning. Still sucked that I would be without the internet or the Firestick for three days, but there was plenty to explore. Not just the town, but the backwoods that called to me. So much of it lay to the west and I felt like I wanted to hike it as soon as I got out of the car. Something about this area stirred a deep yearning inside of me that I wanted to pursue. Time would have to wait until my parents were gone so that I didn't have one of them texting after me constantly asking if I was being safe.

My mom gently tapped at my door and wiggled the handle a little bit about 4 am. I lifted my head.

"Yeah?" I called out.

"Honey, we're leaving for the airport now. Love you." She said through the closed door.

"Love you too," and like a lamp, I was out.

Another four hours of sleep and I woke up. The first thing I did after using the bathroom was to drop my bra and panties and put on a terry cloth robe one of my fans bought me. I tied it loosely around the waist and left the chest open, but didn't reveal my breasts. Just a little cleavage snapped for a good morning picture for my fans.

Following that, I made myself some leftover coffee heated in the microwave for breakfast and looked out over the brilliant sunny day that was in the forecast. High was around 70 degrees, which was perfect for hiking. I packed light, brought an almond bar for breakfast and packed a bottle of Gatorade and water. I had the essentials to survive should I fall, such as a first aid kit, a flashlight and flare, a fire blanket for when we lived in Cali, and a portable self-inflating bed mat. I decided to spring for the good one that had an inch of memory foam with it.

Sweeping my hair up into a ponytail, I was wearing my usual exercise clothes; a sports bra that squeezed my D cup chest together, and a pair of jogging shorts that had pockets on each side that were deep enough to keep a phone secured. I put on my hiking boots with ankle length thick socks to keep me protected. Placing a hat on my head and pulling my ponytail through the back, I put some coconut sunblock on my face, arms, navel, and legs. I applied a thin line of hydrating gloss on my pout, then put a whistle necklace on. The noise alone agitates and scares most animals.

I felt excitement drop into my stomach when I opened the patio door, then closed it behind me. Walking across the deck, I started my hike along the sloping hill of our land which was riddled with wild grass and tree saplings. Carefully, I checked for poison plants every turn of my gaze, cautiously reaching the western edge of the bluff after about half an hour of travel. I reached a cliff drop on the bluff, with a natural alignment of rocks that would lead the way down. The house wasn't in sight anymore due to the slope of the hill and the distance traveled through the wooded area. I understood now why this was a forest preserve as the sunlight filtered in through the trees leading up to the drop off.

Looking down at the bottom, there was a cave entrance that piqued my interest. Checking the terrain around the mouth of the cave and paths leading to it, I didn't notice any carcasses or any animal leavings to indicate that something lived there. At least, not recently. Carefully, I moved along the edge of the cliff and stepped down over the rocky path that led to the same altitude as the cave opening. With measured steps inside of the mouth that was about three and a half feet tall, I crouched down and took my whistle from between my breasts and placed it between my lips. A hard and long blow, and the shrill, rapid roll of the ball within the whistle echoed through the cave.

Quickly, I shuffled out of the cave and climbed up about twenty feet before I waited to see if anything would emerge. Keeping my balance ready to continue climbing the rocks I used to get down, I surveyed the terrain farther out for any movement that may indicate another exit from the cave I found. Digging into my pocket for my phone, I checked the time and made sure that I waited for at least an hour to be sure nothing would return. Taking a moment to hydrate, I received a text message from my mother.

Text from Mom [9:17 am]: Hey angel. Everything good so far?

I tapped a message back to her, glancing around me every so often.

Text to Mom [9:18 am]: Yep! Went out exploring to the west and found a cave! Haven't gone in yet, waiting an hour to be sure it's vacant.

Text from Mom [9:20 am]: PLEASE be careful!

I rolled my eyes and chuckled at my mom's never ending quest to keep me safe.

Text to Mom [9:18 am]: I'll be fine! Everything's fine!

I was tempted to send her a meme to make the point, but she would take it as being teased and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. An hour of catching up on social media was easy enough since every sound was noted and any movement I could see turned out to be birds. I started sipping on my water during the last half of the hour. Eventually, I determined that it had to be safe and started my climb down toward the unexplored cave.

Ducking the low entrance once more, I peered inside to see the path move off in two directions. The left narrowed and the right side was the same comfortable space that I could pass without difficulty. The smell of moisture and warmth was to the right, and I debated whether that was a path that would lead down to some sort of stream. To the left was an earthy scent.

I turned on the lantern that was clipped to my bag and left it in the entrance to both sides. I wanted to go to the left to see how far it went. Narrow paths usually meant it would dead end at some point. I could crouch walk for a little bit before I was moving to my hands and knees and sliding past dusted rocks that had deep grooves in it. Eventually, I was down on my belly and squirming with dirt littering my outfit and skin. Thankfully, I wasn't claustrophobic and it looked as though the tunnel was beginning to widen from what I could see about fifteen feet away from my bag.

Another five feet and I could stand up as I entered an opening that was damp with a heavy musk that filled my senses. The smell of mint blended with petrichor and I used the flashlight from my phone to see that it was a very abandoned sleeping and feeding room for some kind of carnivorous creature. Bones littered about the place from smaller game, and it looked like there had been some sort of nest made from various foliage and ripped clothing that was probably found around the area. It looked as though nothing had lived here for a long time.

Stepping back toward the tight and narrow entrance, I got back down to my belly and squirmed along the sandy floor, then raised to my hands and knees until I made it back to my bag. I took a moment to breathe and drink some water. The front of my clothing was floured with dust, which I tried my best to brush off without creating a cloud. Looking over to the right side of the cave, I tucked my phone into my bag and unclipped the lantern, using it as better lighting as the ceiling of the cave made it possible for me to walk without sizing myself down.

The smell of water and warmth touched my cheeks when I neared the end of the tunnel some distance back. I saw that there was a dead end room partially flooded from a crack in the wall and stalactites dangling down from a sparkling ceiling when the light from my lantern touched it. A crescent shaped platform next to the pool that took up most of the area was dry. I moved a few steps in and felt my foot kick something that fell over with a clatter. Glancing down, I saw that it was an old lantern that had been left at the opening. Picking it up, I hadn't seen anything like this design except when I was a kid and from the moss growth over the surface, it was clear that it had been here for years. I set it back down and moved along the narrow edge of the pool until I got to the broader strip of dry surface and set my bag down.