All Comments on 'The Golden Plug'

by blackcastle

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
estragonestragonabout 13 years ago
I Had To Give Up Reading

at the second paragraph, so no score from me. The writing was so bad it distracted me; to do my usual quibbles would mean to rewrite the whole piece, and that's not in my remit.

You had a good idea, but the presentation spoiled it. Would you go to a great five-star restaurant, order the specialty of the house, and be pleased to eat it from a paper plate that seemed to have been used before, with plastic tableware and a paper napkin, from a table with a brown paper tablecover that hadn't been changed for a few weeks? The food might be as fine, or even better, than the critics said. But was that the experience you were paying for?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I love midevil stories

I thought this was a great storie, it kept me on the edge of my chair, the writing was fantastic. I would love to see more from "Blackcastle"

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Try reading things aloud

If you have difficulty writing (and you have!) try reading your work aloud, and you will hear how phoney it sounds. Oh, and use a spell checker.

jennyb2492jennyb2492about 10 years ago
I enjoyed this story

I wish you would write more. I liked where the story was going, though it almost felt like I was reading chapter 2 and had missed a lot of background from what should have been in chapter 1. It does need some editing, but that's the easy part; the hard part is constructing an interesting story, and you have done that. Please consider writing more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous