All Comments on 'The Grande Futapest Hotel Ch. 07'

by DTales

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
burkdmburkdmabout 4 years ago
Only got one gripe

I loved the story so much! I just really wished you had written the scene of Selena finally fucking Layla out fully in detail instead of having Layla reminisce about it the morning after.

DTalesDTalesabout 4 years agoAuthor
Re: Only got one gripe

I think my motivation was to keep just how 'far' Selena took Layla ambiguous, so the reader's mind could fill in any position (or orifice) they preferred for the less-experienced Layla.

But then again, I pulled that trick in Chapter 6, where a sex scene cuts off as a bit of irony, so... the real reason is more about that I gave myself a deadline and didn't want to miss it. I didn't think the scene was necessary for the emotional core of the story. I feel that the climax of the story isn't that scene, but the one that follows it.

Thank you very much for reading, and for the criticisms and comments. It really helps me believe that the time I spent writing this was definitely worth it.

-- D.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Small request

Now I LOVE your work, I’ve read everything five times. And I usually enjoy the plot more than the actual porn. The said; the sex is still pretty good. If you ever revisited some of these characters for just a night of sex or whatever it would be super cool. It’s why “show some restraint” is a favorite. I’m not complaining or anything, I nearly cried reading this, but a lemon smut story would be a nice addition to your collection here. Thanks for even reading this far and great work on... well everything actually. Have a great day!

DTalesDTalesalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Re: Small request

I'm not going to say that I'll never revisit Selena and Layla, if a story really must be told in their world. But I won't pretend that it's likely. I am reminded of the short story Mirror Image from Isaac Asimov, the only short story he wrote about Elijah Bailey and R. Daneel Olivaw, the protagonists of The Caves of Steel. An actual novel-length sequel to GFH is almost certainly out of the question.

If I were to write a story that was nothing but lovemaking, it would have to be with characters who were already established in previous works. (This is probably why this works for fanfiction writers, as a lot of groundwork has been done for them.) For me, I can't find anything creative to grasp onto until I find out WHY two people are having sex. That's part of why a lot of my work deals with new relationships, or at least new aspects of relationships.

I'm very glad that you enjoy my writing so much. It is deeply gratifying to know that people are enjoying it. I hope I can keep entertaining you into the future.

-- D.

LamppLamppalmost 4 years ago

I absolutely adore this series. I'm so happy they got together in the ending, I teared up.

DTalesDTalesalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Re: Lampp's Comment

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm so glad that people enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A fun and surprisingly moving story. Nice job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous