All Comments on 'The Gunshot'

by KachinaDoll

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 1 year ago

The story line was OK. Sadly, too often true also in the US military. I think you used too much military jargon for most readers.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Emerson character is tragically real. Well crafted piece; nice dialogue.

KarnevilKarnevilabout 1 year ago

Well written, to the point and totally believable. My only complaint is that it's too short. We have a good description of what happened, decent, if brief characterization, but little drama or emotion. I feel with more effort it could be truly excellent, something to get involved with and care about. Despite this it's five stars all day, just a pity there wasn't more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kelly did OK, Emerson, not so much. Gotta say something good about the dead-GOOD!!

MsDirectorMsDirectorabout 1 year ago

Very well done, effective and to the point. Looking forward to more of your work.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreabout 1 year ago

6 stars

Dead rapists are the best kind.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 1 year ago

Unfortunately, she was right- in everything. Karma is wonderful. The Bear approves. 6 stars,I agree. he makes the rest of us males look like shit. Thank you- we're right all rapists.

The BEAR

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 year ago

Very good story. Sooner bastards just need killing. Five stars

Paul4playPaul4playabout 1 year ago

Powerful story.

Well done!

TheDokTheDokabout 1 year ago

Well written. Short and sharp. I frequently grimace inwardly when criminals who rape and kill are sentenced to 20 years and the family of the victim or the police talk about justice for the victim. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent writing with a compressed style that really captures the military rhythm and tone. Her detachment is either a clever portrayal of a psychopath, or reflects an avoidance of a very tricky bit of character development. It would make sense if she were already a trauma victim, but surely she would then show some really unstable behaviour in response to the rape.

EverydayMagicEverydayMagic8 months ago

I'm not a fan of vigilante justice, but I do like to see people who misuse their authority get their comeuppance. As much as I would have preferred to have Sgt. Emmerson slip and emasculate himself on razor wire, that would lose the satisfaction of the victim (Kelly) taking charge and getting revenge herself. Wonderful dialog and well written (as usual). 5*

oldsage_1oldsage_17 months ago

Short and to the point. Well written thanks for the read.

Cheers

SAGE

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

Great and a just, fitting end to him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKachinaDoll@KachinaDoll
I write mainly for my own enjoyment and have a vivid and varied imagination. Usually, I write from the female perspective but also enjoy the mental and literary challenge of giving the male viewpoint. If I am writing from a male perspective, I'll seek my husband's thoughts and...

story TAGS