All Comments on 'The Hanover House'

by teaque

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
plot holes & the easy way out

If I remember correctly in the first story she initially spends several weeks at the house and then several weeks back home. That is completely changed here.

We learn little or nothing about her motivations/feelings during her training; and she magically passes every test. Where is the struggle? We never learn whether or not the couple ever desired children, or what motivation that the husband had for agreeing to a separation vs divorce.

The vice cop getting shot is a cheap plot device to avoid them from having to make a decision.

This could have been so much more if we had learned something about these people rather than I spent 6 months doing this and that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
full of hate

how can somebody lie to himself over so many years. she still is punishing doug because of 2 days. her mind might be brilliant, but she only lived her lowest animal features for her whole life. she won nothing but being alone as she was alone when used, as she was alone bound and fucked. she lost it all for not forgiving and wanting revenge. and in the end as maybe in the beginning never able to love. she is not worth the air I'm breathing and with her the world she stands for.

lawrenclawrencabout 15 years ago
Losing

Both of them lost.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago

The more omnipotent she became, the less I liked her. She may have thought she was watching over Doug, but it seemed stalkerish to me. And matchmaker? She has done enough to him and ought to really just leave him alone. She should have let him go when he first asked for the divorce. She was selfish at every turn and twisted him in the wind for years. That is a bad person and has nothing to do with kink life.

Sitting alone at the end? Boohoo crocodile tears. She earned her isolation.

This is well written, if a bit heavy on magical rich world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I opted out

I didn’t get very far into this half of the story before I quit, its irresponsible to subject someone to all aspects of bdsm the tenets are of course; safe, sane and consensual. The topic of bdsm was handled badly. I mean honestly ‘indoctrination’, bdsm doesn’t have to be 24/7 despite querying otherwise in the first half of this story that it’s not a cult I get the impression that that’s how it’s being presented.

There is a vast variety in bdsm and the entire point is that the participants engage with an open mind, that said the vast majority of people have limits In the first half of the story it falls on its face on consent.

I abandoned this story when the concierge started outlining her training beginning with humiliation, not every sub wants this or gets off on it.

There are hard limits which equals an absolute no I don’t want that, then there are soft limits which mean I don’t think I want that it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Soft limits can be tested the sub could discover that it actually not a problem or just as easily it could be confirmed as a hard limit. Hard limits should be left alone and respected unless the sub expresses a desire of their own free will to test them. Above all else any level of bdsm requires and revolves around mutual trust and communication.

Sorry if it causes offence but the entire thing comes across as a misrepresentation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous