The Happiness That Is Holly

Story Info
Meeting his future wife in an MMF threesome.
11.5k words
4.74
12.5k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Eosphorus
Eosphorus
673 Followers

Author's Note: The following is a work of fiction. All characters engaged in sexual activity are over the age of eighteen. This is a stand-alone story and not part of an ongoing series. Feedback and comments are appreciated. Enjoy!

"How'd you meet?"

Ryan pauses for dramatic effect. He's loving his moment as Best Man, isn't he?

"All couples get asked the question," he says. "In Wiliam and Holly's case, it was through a mutual friend."

Ryan turns toward Holly and I. Two hundred of our closest friends and family are listening to him give the toast.

"And, as many of you know, that mutual friend was me. I therefore take complete credit for all their future happiness."

Laughter follows, mostly because nearly everyone's drunk.

I glance at Holly--so beautiful in white--and we share a knowing smile. What might they say if everyone listening knew the full story?

***

"You must be William."

She stood at the door smiling at me. I must've looked like an idiot staring at her. Who was this dazzling girl?

Her face drew me right in. Greenish-blue eyes and oversized glasses. Prominent cheekbones and full, expressive lips. Platinum blonde hair buzzed short on the sides with blue tips. Cute as hell.

I nod. "Yup. That's me."

Yup? That's me? I must sound like an imbecile.

"I'm Holly. Ryan said you were on your way. Come on in."

I followed her inside. She wore a pink hoodie and jeans.

"Ryan ran to the store," she said. "Did you have to walk from the train?"

"No, but I had to park around the block," I said.

"You still must be freezing!" she said. "I've got a pot of tea going in the kitchen."

"That sounds great." I dropped my duffle bag and coat onto the nearest couch.

I got a longer look at her from behind as we went into the kitchen. She was on the short side--five foot two or three--with a plentiful ass and seductive, womanly hips.

I paused my train of thought. What the hell was I doing? What if she's Ryan's new girlfriend? He didn't say anything about one, but nevertheless.

"Ryan didn't mention a Holly," I said.

"We're friends. I wasn't going to come down this weekend but my plans got canceled, so I said why the hell not?"

Friends. "Yeah, me too. It beats hanging around my place alone."

"Same here."

She poured steaming hot tea into a mug. "This place is a ghost town in the winter. Isn't it marvelous?"

I paused at the window. The house backed up to the beach. Ryan's parents rented it out during the summer but let him use it whenever he wanted in the off-season.

The beach. So active and noisy in the summer. Now a vast expanse of unbroken white. "Wow."

"It's beautiful, right? Magnificent desolation."

I turned towards her. "I know that phrase. You're quoting Buzz Aldrin, aren't you? Describing the surface of the moon."

She grinned. "Sorry. I'm kinda a geek."

This girl gets better every second. "I'm kinda a geek myself."

She handed me my tea, then paused and peered into my eyes. "Vanilla, right?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your favorite ice cream flavor," she said. "I'm correct, aren't I?"

"How'd you know?"

She poured her own cup of tea. "I'm a little bit psychic."

"About ice cream flavors?"

"About all sorts of things," she said. "It helps me get a feeling for who a person is."

"Is that being psychic, or just perceptive?"

She shook her head. "I have to ask you an important question."

I raised an eyebrow. "Okay."

She locked eyes with me. Hers were a shade of green I've never seen before. Almost teal. "Star Trek or Star Wars?"

"Why does it have to be either or?"

Her face lit up. "Win! Correct answer!"

"What's the wrong answer?"

"Saying both suck."

"I'd never say that," I said. "But I've always been a science fiction nerd."

"Cute and nerdy. Win-win!"

What? That was flirting, wasn't it? "Do you ask everyone you meet that question?"

She looked shocked. "Of course. Now tell me which is your favorite, then why."

"Gosh. I don't think I could decide."

"You have to," she said.

"Fine." We sat, talking nerdy and sipping tea for the next half hour. I drank the last sip down as the front door opened. It was Ryan carrying bags of groceries.

"William!" he said. "Hey, brother. You made it."

"We've been having a lovely chat," Holly said.

He put the bags down on the counter. "Have you? About what?"

"Star Wars, Star Trek," Holly said. "All that."

He rolled his eyes. "Jeez. What a pair of nerds."

"Yup," Holly and I said simultaneously.

We looked at each other, smiling.

"Okay, maybe I should leave," Ryan said. "Give you two some time alone."

Holly and I helped him put away the groceries. In addition to food, there was a bottle of vodka, beer, and a few bottles of wine.

"I see you've stocked up on the fundamentals," I said. "Like college."

"You guys must've gotten tons of studying done," Holly said.

"Between drinking," Ryan said.

"Speak for yourself," I said. "I got straight-A's."

Holly smirked, glancing at me. "Me, too."

"Nerds," Ryan said, his tone friendly but teasing. "All the same."

"Yup," Holly and I said again.

"What're you, twins?" Ryan said. "Is anyone else ready for a drink before dinner?"

Holly raised her hand. "Vodka for me."

Ryan and I each popped open a beer. Holly poured herself a generous amount of vodka over ice. "It's been that kind of week, boys."

We sat at the small kitchen table.

"Speaking of dinner," I said. "What's even open in January around here?"

"Miguel's," he said.

I nod, smiling. I knew it well. "Fine by me."

Holly sipped her drink. "Me, too."

I asked Ryan about his new job and he told us a funny story. Holly nodded along, sipping her drink. Our eyes met more than once.

"Who else is starving?" she said. "I know I am."

"I could eat," I said.

Holly poured herself another vodka, picked it up, and stood. "Let me freshen up then we'll head out."

I watched her leave. "What an interesting girl. Who is she?"

"A friend," Ryan said.

I detected evasiveness. "What kind of friend?"

Ryan shrugged. "One with benefits."

"She's not your usual type."

"No, but she's a lot of fun," Ryan says.

"I like her."

He nods. "I thought you might."

"I don't want to be a third wheel."

He shook his head. "You won't be. Trust me."

***

The wind on the boardwalk was brutal, cutting through our heavy coats.

"Damn," I muttered.

Holly walked between Ryan and I. She wore a blue coat and a wool purple beanie with a pink pom-pom.

There was a thin layer of snow on the boardwalk. It went crunch-crunch-crunch as we walked.

"Everything's so quiet," she said. "And empty. Like we're the only people in the world."

Miguel's was a block in from the boardwalk. Inside were a few people at the bar and more at the tables. Sports were all over TV screens on every wall. They sat us in a booth.

I shake off the cold. "Why didn't we drive again?"

"The half-price margaritas in the off-season," Ryan said.

I nod. "Of course."

"A pitcher, Ryan?" The waitress asks.

"Please," Ryan said.

Holly picked up the menu, studying it.

"What to have, what to have?" She looked at each of us in turn, grinning. "I feel like indulging myself. Life's too short to deny one's self."

"I say go for it," Ryan said.

"One hundred percent," I add.

"Dare a girl treat herself, though?" Holly said. "I'm already on a dinner date with two handsome fellas. What the hell! I want the shrimp and chorizo tacos."

I couldn't not smile. Who under the age of sixty used a phrase like "handsome fellas"?

The pitcher arrived and we filled our glasses.

I took a sip. "These are on the strong side. Damn."

We ordered and watched the assorted games all around us for a minute or two, sipping our drinks.

"What do you do, William?" Holly asked.

"I'm a biologist, actually."

"A man of science!" she says. "I like it."

"Yourself?"

"Veterinary assistant."

"That's interesting," I said.

"I never grew out of the stage where I wanted to be a veterinarian. Then I got to college and realized I couldn't afford to go for the full vet degree."

"That sucks."

She shrugged, finishing her margarita. "It's okay. I get to work with animals and the pay's decent. Plus, they don't mind my haircut or my look. Win-win!"

"I like your haircut. And your look."

Holly smiled, affecting an exaggerated southern belle accent. "Such a charming gentleman. Such taste and distinction is too rare these days."

"You're a funny girl," I said.

Holly poured herself another margarita and took a sip. "Am I? A lot of guys don't think so. Or they're threatened by funny girls."

"I'm not a lot of guys."

Holly turned towards Ryan. "I like this one. Tell me again how you met. You worked together, right?"

"Carlo's Pizzeria Grille," I said. "What a place."

"Fine memories," he said. "Everyone there was fooling around with someone else who worked there."

"Remember those two waitresses?"

"Rose and Lily!" Ryan said. "Who could forget them?"

"Ah, yes," I said. "And Kathy."

Ryan and I glanced at each other. Kathy was a special memory for both of us.

"This sounds like it was quite the place," Holly said. "I worked in college at an animal rescue. No one fucking anyone."

Our tacos arrived and we dug into them.

"Wow," Holly said. "This is one of the best things that's ever been in my mouth."

I resisted a snarky remark.

"So what about this Kathy chick?" Holly asked.

"She was one of the bartenders," Ryan said.

"Older than us," I said. "About forty."

Holly grinned, sipping her margarita. "An older woman. I'm all ears."

I smiled. How much detail to include? Kathy was a trim brunette and hot as fuck. She gave incredible blowjobs. "I'd been seeing her."

"Seeing her?" Holly asked.

"He means they were fucking," Ryan said.

Holly took another sip of her drink. "The plot thickens."

"She'd gotten divorced," I said. "She was broke and back living with her parents trying to rebuild her life. And I had an off-campus apartment two blocks from the restaurant."

Holly's eyes widened. "Win!"

"We had fun."

Ryan and I glanced at each other.

Holly noticed the exchange. "What was all that about?"

"Nothing," I said.

Her eyebrows scrunched together. "What are you two leaving out?"

"She was special to both of us," Ryan said.

Holly's eyes widened. "She was messing around with both of you? Win-win!"

"It wasn't exactly like that," Ryan said.

Oh, boy. He's gonna tell her.

Holly downed another sip. "What was it like?"

"William and I were with her together one time," he said. "You know."

Holly grinned ear-to-ear. "At the same time?"

Ryan and I nod. "Yup."

"Win-win-WIN!" Holly said. "That's so fucking cool! What was it like?"

"Fun," I said.

"Lots of fun," Ryan added.

Holly smiled. "Did you two interact at all?"

"No," Ryan said. "That's not what we're into. It was all about Kathy."

"That must've been something," Holly said.

"It was," I said.

Holly finished her drink and poured herself another. "How'd it come about?"

"She was over at my place after work one night," I said. "I can't even remember why Ryan stopped by."

"Neither do I," Ryan said. "Which is funny, cause I remember everything else about the night."

"Kathy whispered in my ear that we could both do her if we liked," I said. "So we did."

"Go on," Holly said. "This is hot."

"I'll be honest," I said. "It was awkward at first. Really awkward. But we pushed through."

So many memories of that night. Kathy between us on her hands and knees. Me hammering her pussy while she sucked Ryan's cock. Switching places a few times.

"You guys are wilder than I thought," Holly said. "I'm impressed."

I imagined Holly naked between Ryan and I. That plump ass of hers thrust upwards while I pounded her pussy. Ryan on the other end of her, his dick in her mouth.

I shook my head. As if that's in the cards this weekend.

***

We left Miguel's buzzed and happy, Holly more so than Ryan or I. We headed straight down the street in the direction of Ryan's place. No detour along the boardwalk.

Holly pulled us both close. "Shield me from the wind, boys."

She was slurring her words. How many drinks did she have? I'd lost count.

We walked along the edge of the basin, a large lake a half block from the ocean. It was covered in an inch of snow, no footprints upon its perfect whiteness.

"Look at that," Holly said. "It's so pretty! You know, I always dreamed of being a figure skater."

She ran forward, slipping but regaining her footing. "Imagine! My turn at the Olympics."

She ran onto the ice, sliding and spinning. Falling twice. "She pirouettes! She spins, she twirls, she falls!"

Ryan and I stood at the shore laughing at her antics.

"I'm a champion!" She moved farther out. "Behold, Holly the--"

The ice gave way and she crashed through it up to her chest.

Holy shit. I rushed forward onto the ice.

"No!" Ryan yelled. "Lay flat! Lay flat!"

I spread out on my stomach and slithered forward. Holly screeched hysterically.

I reached her, grabbing her upper arms.

"I've got you," I said.

Ryan grabbed hold of my calves. "Hold on to her."

I grasped her tight, Ryan pulling us backwards. We reached the shore and Holly crouched down shivering.

"Get her out of these wet clothes," Ryan said.

We stripped Holly down to her bra, working as fast as we could.

She wasn't wearing panties, which would've been sexy in a different context. I tore off my coat and wrapped it around her. I swooped her up and we rushed her to the house.

Ryan's hands were shaking so bad he had trouble getting his key in the lock. We got Holly inside and I put her on the couch.

"My feet hurt," she sobbed.

"I'm on it." Ryan peeled her wet socks off her feet and rubbed them.

"I thought I was gonna die." She buried her head into my shoulder, crying.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "You're safe now. You're safe."

***

Holly came downstairs. She'd changed into a long-sleeved Wonder Woman t-shirt and purple pajama pants. Adorable as could be.

"How're you doing?" I asked.

She sat on the couch next to me. "I'm so stupid. What was I thinking?"

"It's crazy cold," I said. "I'm shocked the ice wasn't strong enough to drive a truck across."

"I coulda died."

"I'm glad you didn't."

She smirked. "You're sweet. And not only cause you're glad I'm not dead. Kinda a low bar to set, yeah?"

We share a laugh. "Yeah."

"I mean it," she said. "I do, I do. You're a sweetheart. Ran right out on the ice to save me."

"Which maybe wasn't the smartest thing in the world, if I'd crashed through the ice with you."

She shook her head. "Not the point. The point is your first instinct was to help me.

I shrugged. "I'm only human."

"No. It says a lot about you."

She leaned over and gave me a kiss. "I like your lips. I like you, too."

I sighed. It would've been easy for Ryan and I to take her upstairs and fuck the shit out her, wouldn't it? Easy, but wrong given her current condition.

Ryan walked in and sat on the couch on the other side of Holly.

She placed her hands on our knees. "You two! Saving my ass. I can think of something else I'd like you to do to my ass."

I sigh. "Ask us again when you're sober."

"I'm fine now. I am. Really."

"I'm going to retrieve your wet clothes that are by the side of the lake," Ryan said.

Ryan put on his coat and left. Holly leaned against me. I draped my arm around her shoulders.

"I'm fine," she murmured. "I'm fine."

I kissed the top of her head. Her breathing grew low and deep. That's right. Rest.

Ryan returned a few minutes later.

"She's asleep," I whispered. "Help me get her upstairs."

I carried Holly upstairs. We laid her in bed, pulling the covers up over her. Ryan removed her glasses and set them on the night table. She rolled onto her side, hugging her pillow and murmuring something. Ryan and I each leaned in and gave her forehead a kiss.

We slipped out, closing the door behind us. Downstairs, we opened a pair of beers and sat on the couch.

"She's normally not so crazy," Ryan said.

"I'm sure," I said.

"I don't think she was ever in any real danger. The basin's barely three feet deep there. The poor thing was standing up. She really is less nuts most of the time."

"I'm sure. I like her, though."

He said nothing for a moment, then smiled. "It's hard not to, isn't it?"

***

Ryan left a note on the kitchen island. "Work emergency. Be back around six. You two entertain yourselves without me."

I poured yesterday's coffee into a mug and microwaved it. I took it into the living room overlooking the boardwalk and stared out at the blank expanse.

The wind off the ocean howled, lashing the window. Not a person anywhere.

What kind of work emergency would call in Ryan this early on a Saturday, anyhow? And one with an oddly specific completion time, too. Whatever. The idea of a day with Holly sounded nice.

I heard movement in the kitchen and found Holly there microwaving coffee. Her hair was a mess but she looked cute as hell.

"Hey," she said.

"How're you feeling?"

Holly shrugged. "Good, all considered."

"Ryan got called into work," I said. "It's just the two of us until dinner."

"Holly retrieved her coffee from the microwave. "I'm sure we can find stuff to do."

We sat on the couch facing the empty beach drinking reheated coffee.

"You must think I'm a total idiot," Holly said.

"I don't."

"I feel like one. I got too drunk. I crashed through ice. Then I propositioned both of you before passing out."

"You remember?"

She buried her face in her hands. "Everything."

I put a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it. "It's no big deal."

She sat up again. "I'm a responsible human most of the time."

"We were all a little drunk. Okay, you were a lot drunker than Ryan and I, but that happens. We were goading you on when you went out on the ice, too."

"I wouldn't blame you if you decided I'm nothing but trouble," Holly said.

"You probably are trouble. That's not always a bad thing. How's breakfast sound?"

"I didn't see much in the fridge," Holly said. "But that hole-in-the-wall up the street is open all year and I heard they have good pork roll sandwiches."

"Sounds great."

Instead of running upstairs to change, she kicked off her fuzzy slippers and put on snow boots.

I smiled. Going out to breakfast in her pajamas? Fine with me.

I put on my shoes and grabbed my coat. Holly threw on her coat and her purple beanie with the pink pom-pom.

We passed the edge of the lake on the way. She took my hand and squeezed it. "Scene of the crime."

She quizzed me as we walked hand-in-hand, a series of ever-more-personal questions. It turned out we had similar views on religion and politics.

"Are you always this forward?" I asked.

"Only when I think the person might be worth investing time and energy in."

We reached the deli and ordered at the counter. Two pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwiches and a pair of coffees.

Before I could get out my wallet, Holly handed the cashier money. "A girl can buy a boy breakfast once in a while, right?"

We sat and unwrapped our sandwiches. Holly devoured hers. "This is so good. I see why this place is famous."

A huge grin formed on my face. "You've got a zest for life, don't you?"

She shrugged. "What can I say? I love a good breakfast sandwich. What else do you want to do today?"

"I've thought about that. There's a cool place, right on the boardwalk a few towns north. They have tons of pinball machines. You buy a pass for a few hours and can play all you want."

Eosphorus
Eosphorus
673 Followers