All Comments on 'The Hardest Step'

by THBGato

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Good first story!

5

MigbirdMigbird3 months ago

Moving, painful piece through which you feel/touch your characters. Did not need sex to resonate and all done so well in “short” space. Hope you continue to share whether with Georgie and Beccy or not. Your “Favorite Authors” a who’s/who of creative writers — great role models for you moving forward.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent story, very enjoyable and well written, don't know if the intention is there but certainly deserves a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was quite a load to drop on her there. Doesn't take away from the story, but it's a form of manipulation and perhaps keeps her human and still failing a bit.

chytownchytown3 months ago

*****Oh that was good!! Damn I looking forward to the follow-up. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I feel as though I picked up a random book, opened it in the middle, and read one page. I'm left knowing almost nothing about these characters or their circumstances. Why would losing a driver's license be so traumatic it would cause a speech impediment? Did she kill someone while driving drunk? Was she taken to the ground by the cops and handcuffed? Thrown in prison, beaten, and raped there? Did her desire for Becky 20 years ago make her become an alcoholic? This is like one snapshot from a lifetime with no context. I was expecting much more and then it ends.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Recovery is painful. I hope that you will continue this story. Your work so far is very therapeutic, for me, anyway. Thanks!

MaezedMaezed2 months ago

Wow, so powerful and full of emotion. I can’t wait for the follow up!

dbetjedbetje2 months ago

What an excellent start waiting with baited breath for the next instalment

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very good and emotional conversation. Makes me wonder if it is easier or harder to make amends after 20 odd years.... Look forward to the next installment. This is my first time reading this tag and the stories have more and varied substance that the LW tag.

AfricanbluAfricanbluabout 2 months ago

Is this a start to a series? It’s fantastic but so many questions…

Great start, hopefully more to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well this certainly needs to be greatly, greatly expanded upon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I first read chapter two of Eve and Lucy and then this one... it makes me understand why the relationship with Bex and Georgie is so 'hot and cold', and maybe it is one sided. Also after 20 years a lot of things can happen, that could change a person. At first glance, this seem a hassle of an relationship to reconcile and maintain. But I guess, this seems a bit your returning focus in your stories; 'relationships were you need to put this little extra effort in for each other, with falling and getting up again'. But this also makes it quite interesting, makes it more realistic and makes me wonder 'how will it evolve?'

LiberalMindsLiberalMindsabout 1 month ago

You got me interestes! Now please, elaborate! It’s not going to end here!

HelgamiteHelgamite22 days ago

ok, not usually into this type of stories, but now my interest is peaked!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTHBGato@THBGato
4th May: ¡Hola guapas y guapos! May the fourth be with you. I'll feeling frisky this fiesta as, to my great surprise, I managed to write another story. I really didn't think I'd have time to write more until July, but I did. It's with my wonderful editor now, so keep your eyes...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES