All Comments on 'The Highest Ethical Standards Ch. 01'

by Rakiura10

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

"learn" "to" "use" "quotation" "marks" "correctly"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

YOU HAVE HIGH KNOWN ETHICAL STANDARDS AND WHEN THEY ARE NOT MET-YOU ACT. AS A MAN WITH HIGH ETHICAL STANDARDS, HE DID. GOOD JOB!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don't need a 2nd chapter.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 3 years ago

A good story, albeit it lacking in emotion.

It could use a bit more 'showing' rather than 'telling'.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to reading your next chapter.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

This was not a story but a lecture. The characters were cardboard, the descriptions rote.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

From this writer's previous works, following parts will destroy this story...3* for now

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Brendon never raised his voice and always tried to be reasonable. This frustrated the hell out of Eleanor. Eleanor regarded Brendon's passivity as a weakness.'

Women don't respect nice guys who put up with the shit fits and still treat them like a princess. They interpret the kindness as a weakness and they lose respect for the man.

While Brendon was swift and sure with in sticking to his principals on fidelity he was still way too nice to Eleanor in the divorce. She still got everything she wanted, Brendon. She suffered no real consequences. Losing her marriage to Brendon was no big deal to her as she'd already lost respect for him. She gets primary custody of the kids, get Brendon to pay for a place to live and support her while he pays for her MBA. This just reinforces her sense of entitlement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Written like Dragnet

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Well-written! Moreover, the tone, the theme and the narrative was straightforward, serious and no-nonsense in keeping with Brendon's character. Very good effort! But then everything you write is far above the 'norm'!

.

Looking forward to Part 02!!

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

A very good, if unemotional, start to this story. Having read a lot of LW stories many characters come off as a bit robotic and this seemed the same. Married with kids and a sudden and devastating change in circumstances but almost no emotion from the mc's. I still gave 4 stars for what could prove to be a good start to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

so far so good. But again in LW the husband pays for stuff he shouldn't. Why support the cost of her MBA? Why give her anything more than what could be court ordered? Support your kids but not the cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

“Hey girl, you have one rock star arse hole,” might be the single worst line in the history of written words. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever cringed so hard.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Pretty good story, so far. The only complaint I have is the narrative flow/style is a little "sterile" at times, lacking emotion. As a result, it's hard to get emotionally involved with specific characters rather than have empathy with their situation through the general story arc. Hopefully, that makes sense? 4* for now...

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Seems like a third party description of events.

Nothing new.

No I sight into the wife's thinking.

No remorse

Very disappointing

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

A strange tale, not really a story, little action, no drama or suspense, no did she or didn't she, it was clear from the first word she's cheating. No thought about whether he'll find out, he walks right into the scene of the crime and what does he do? He proceeds to lecture her.

I started well, laying down the basics, her cheating, with whom and why. Then we went into the same old shit about when and where they met, what car he drove and the colour of his socks, the names of all their school friends and family pets... OK, perhaps not those details but equally as boring, I don't really know because my brain stopped working as soon as the back story started. It's an error common on literoctica, especially the loving wives category : the tedious back story, I wonder if anybody actually reads it? If it's relevant to the plot then by all means let us know, but not in one monotonous monologue, far better to include snippets and information throughout the story. You probably lost a fair number of readers before they reached the end of the first page

So we have a cheating wife and a no nonsense husband, did I say no nonsense? Sorry my mistake, boy did this guy need that poker taken out of his arse. So bloody uptight and self righteous, I kept expecting him to fetch a schooldesk and text book and proceed to teach her how his world turns. I started off squarely on his side, in the end I was willing her to take the kids and as much money as she could and run as fast and as far as she can from that sanctimonious git and her bitch of a mother. The only thing missing from the epilogue was the family meeting with the bible reading and tub thumping, oh and perhaps Elinore bering stripped and washed of her sins in the local pond.

There was no BTB, no RAAC and he certainly wasn't a cuck, but there was nothing to replace them, the whole thing just petered out after limping through a kind of morality sermon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

2 years to get a divorce?

Anyway….story lacked any real emotion. Or explanation for why Elenor fucked up.

3***…..barely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative. You repeatedly enclose narrative in quotation marks and omit then other times for dialogue.

.

Chapter `1? Why? What's left to tell?

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Since when does a cheating whore have ethics?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You seem to have no idea of what the " is used for in dialogue. A long preaching sermon from the aggrieved and no real consequences for the wife other than looking for another job. She sure got off easy, after her hubby found another man's cum leaking from her whore cunt.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

The story had a lot of potential, but its execution fell short of what you seemed to want to achieve.

I didnt get pulled into the story as it lacked any real emotional punch.

Sadly we also went the route of the "Saintly" husband even paying for her to get her MBA....child support and whatever job she gets will provide a suitable life for the kids.

You "authors" really need to stop with the cliched Angel husband in the future. It gets old, tiresome and my eyes get worn from all the rolling they do.

Take everyones advice for part 2 if you want to make it a better read. Or don't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was nice to see a new story from this author where the cheating woman doesn't run away. But rather stays and has to face the consequences of her actions. Also loved that the husband is NOT a martyr!! THANK YOU!! I hope things don't revert back to the ways of previous stories in coming chapters.

I also appreciated the context given to explain Eleanor's behavior and thought processes. Her past and certain qualities (like high ambition) clearly played the main role in her actions. Though they aren't excuses by any means, I like to understand where a character is coming from, how they think, and why they did what they did. That can make them more relatable in my opinion.

If this is a reconciliation story, I hope Eleanor will be be able to show her remorse and atone for her actions somehow. She needs to earn Brendon's trust back and show she truly loves him and has ​changed for the better.

If this is not a reconciliation story, please let Brendon still have a good life and find happiness with another. It's been very sad in previous stories where the husband pined away for his wife for years, while she was off doing whatever she wanted to do.

Returning to the events of this chapter, while I think Brendon acted too quickly with choosing the divorce path, I respect his strength of character and actually felt his lecture imparted much wisdom. Maybe they could have tried to save their marriage over the 2-year divorce process. But his mind was made up, and as the wronged party he had that right. Some could argue that he was too stubborn and/or stringent. But no matter what, I'm just thankful he is not a wimp!

And though I thought he was too nice to her in the divorce, I can understand his reasoning. He wanted to do what was best for their sons. And I'm sure he also still loves her and that played a big role as well.

About the sons, thank you for letting them react how many children would after learning of their mother's betrayal. I know we didn't get the details, but I'm glad Eleanor had to earn their forgiveness. They didn't just automatically move on with her as though nothing happened and all was fine. Much more realistic!

Looking forward to the other chapters! As I mentioned at the start, please don't let these characters revert to how characters in some earlier stories have behaved. Please!

Thank you for this submission! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think you overdid the head work. Most LW authors give only slight attention to the role that morality, ethics, character, and virtue play in the committing of adultery. They spend thousands of words describing faces and bodies and tits and clits and cocks and seem to forget that the only sex organ that really matters is the brain. Your effort to display the intellectual aspects of adultery are refreshing, but I suspect of limited interest to most readers on this sight. I hope I am wrong.

I have to admit I am always puzzled how an author thinks he can sell the concept of a formerly loving loyal faithful wife suddenly becoming a faithless whore. People are complex, as are bridges and airplanes. But they don't perform well for years then suddenly fail for no reason, or by accident. Eleanor's adultery is a symptom, not the problem. And begs the question, how did she hide her very very flawed character, lack of self respect, her cheap shallow cheating approach to business success, and most of all, her abject stupidity. There are indications that she was not emotionally and intellectually stable, so Brandon shares some blame for not confronting her fears and presumptions, for allowing her reckless destructive presumptions to ferment and simmer. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I look forward to a continuation of the saga and expect to be completely dismayed when you try to effect their reconciliation. I don't care if I'm wrong as long as your technique is logical and entertaining. If Brandon gets struck with some misfortune and Eleanor nurses him back to health and happiness I will be very disappointed. I would be embarrassed for you. You obviously can do better than that. However you proceed, . . .

Thanks for the effort. I will wait to rate the finished product.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Blah, blah, blah and then not much. This went out with a whimper. Neither interesting or entertaining.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

why do we care why she fucked up, you wouldn't give a shit about his reason would you.

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Morals my ass

Brandon is a total selfish asshole. For the sake of his ego, revenge, and spitefulness he ruined the families of five children.

I notice that a lot in these phoney moralistic BTB stories. Divorce and family destruction at the drop of a hat. The kids and their needs be damned.

Children are not accessories. They are the ultimate responsibility of their parents. And as adults that created those kids, it is their obligation to stay together for them. No matter the cost to their egos. A real man, thinks of others and his kids before his own little hurt feelings. Some of these "men" sound like spoiled rotten man-children. My feelings got hurt, so my kids will pay for it. And the women who think like them are no better.

I am a parent. As such, I can't afford personal feelings or otherwise. My kids first. their needs first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Interesting and quite well done except for one idea that stretched credibility and should have put this into the Sci Fi and fantasy section. That a kiwi could be fluent in two European languages is too much.!!!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

I do think prostitutes in third world countries have more morals than western cheating women. Why? Because these poor souls (most of them prostitutes) have mouths to feed (family I mean the whole bunch, parents, grandparents, siblings) . These women only have one thing that could get the family the necessities of life... they have bodies men are ready to pay for.

/

@26thNC, I agree with you.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

I've just discovered your work and read a chapter or two and skimmed.

You are a good writer and this is of a fair quality.

I'm not really fully satisfied with your reconciliation process and outcomes however.

Some of your stories may vary though and your writing is enough to keep me checking it out.

I've read a little of your Verity story and Earthquake.

I like your style but there is a lack of something satisfying that I have yet to define.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop crashes and burns on maiden flight.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous