The Human Bearer Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He pulled away from Xana's embrace. "Don't you dare stop me. If I can't make you, I'll bring someone who can!"

Xana caught his arm. His eyes were filled with hurt. "Why do you care about them so much?"

"What I care is that you're hurting them. And not about them, not like you think." Riordan made a final attempt to reach his master's soul. He touched the alabaster skin gently. "I thought I wished you'd come and punish them, but not like this. This is too much."

Xana's face closed again and he pushed him away. "His Royal Chancellor doesn't have time for such petty conflicts. Go if you must, Riordan."

***

Riordan remained behind, but close enough to hear and see it all. Marn had moved without being told twice, and actually, they had met mid-way. The rumors must have spread like wildfire.

"Counselor, stop right now," Marn commanded.

Xana appeared surprised to see his superior there. Obviously, he hadn't expected it, and Marn hadn't warned him of his coming. He clenched his fists. "They used my bearer as if he were a cheap prostitute."

Marn raised one hand and the glass wall shattered. Riordan could hear the young Xenos gasping and wheezing. "Young ones, return to your quarters," he said in a stern voice.

Lakni moved first, but he collapsed. All that determination not to fall and give Xana satisfaction must have cost him. The others grabbed him and pulled him along. They were so pitiful, crawling on the floor, barely breathing.

Riordan had a mind to stop them, to talk to them, to tell them how sorry he was, but he didn't want to add fuel to the fire. He just stared after them, feeling his heart growing small.

They were barely out of there, when Marn began. "I will speak out loud so that Riordan hears it all. Your behavior, Counselor, was out of line. These young Xenos acted on specific orders, and they ensured the good functioning of the ship while we were still fighting for our planet."

"I am aware, and I regret nothing," Xana declared.

"Yes, you are proud like that. I admire you for it, but I must also warn you. Such behavior cannot remain unpunished. Have you had your satisfaction?"

"Yes. They suffered enough. And they will know better in the future," Xana said.

Riordan had to admit that he admired how Xana kept his own in front of his superior. Marn wasn't the benevolent ruler now, as his face changed. "Very well. Then your punishment must begin now."

Xana stepped inside the chamber with the shattered glass wall with his head high. Riordan felt a pang in his chest. Was Marn going to punish him in the same way?

"No, Counselor. That is not your punishment. I was considering allowing you to keep your beautiful bearer to yourself. But in the light of these recent events, I changed my mind."

"What the fuck?" Riordan asked out loud.

Marn looked at him and smiled like he knew all the shit in the universe. "Counselor, you will have to share your bearer with our esteemed high commander."

tbc

12