The Hunt Pt. 01

Story Info
A young archer must face the Harvest Moon monsters.
879 words
4.39
3.2k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The hunt.

It was my favorite part of Autumn. When the moon turned orange and the beasts howled their challenges, when my essence thrummed in my veins and I felt the most alive. I shimmied over a small rise and, keeping low, scanned the meadow below. The peachy glow transformed it into some magical heavenly place, but everyone knew this was far from.

Known as the Wolf's Lair, where locals had confirmed sightings every Harvest Moon of their best warriors transforming into hulking monsters. Their roars lit the night with terror, and the once beautiful lunar spectacle henceforth became a dreaded omen. Huntsmen and women from all over the country were hired to pick off these inhuman beasts. For once turned, there was no going back.

I was among them. If we didn't eradicate the threat, bloodshed like nobody had ever seen before would rise with the sun.

Movement at the edge of the trees. I tensed, hands curling against my bow and quiver. Something loped into the warm moonlight and quick as a cat I was on my feet and pulling an arrow back against the twine.

Zziiiiiing!

The line sang as the arrow sliced through the air, straight into the chest of a man. He cried out and clutched the embedded shaft, blood pooling. Gasping, he sank to his knees, then fell over with a moan.

One down, more to go.

Three more fell before they grew wary. None of these men knew of our activities since none lived to tell of it. The next man was much more careful. I held my breath, arrow nocked at the ready, when he stepped into the light.

I couldn't breathe.

Eyes the color of amber honey. Lush, dark hair. Sculpted muscle beneath the fabric of his uniform and soft, gently defined abs. He tilted his face into the orange glow, closing those eyes, basking in it. The rise and fall of his chest made my fingers tingle. They itched to release the arrow, but could not. I was entranced. Bewitched. Then he turned and looked straight at me.

I gasped and ducked. Had he seen me? I trembled. The great huntswoman quaking from a soon-to-be monster. What was wrong with me? Sucking in a breath, I peered over the ridge. He was searching the copse of trees where I hid, honey gaze sharp and calculating. Usually they weren't this keen until the beast took over. How was he doing this?

I waited until he lost interest and stepped further into the open. My gods was he gorgeous. Those hard arms flexed, he rolled his neck, then..

Then things began to happen.

I had never actually witnessed a full transformation before. By the time they were fully beast, our arrows became useless. Their skin toughened into something nearly impenetrable. Only decapitation could truly kill one and getting close enough to do the deed proved extremely difficult. Yet here I sat, transfixed, as this warrior began to transform.

The muscles and tendons in his arms bubbled like something alive. It travelled down his legs and up his neck until his back arched and he was wailing in pain. Strong fingers curled in agony, mouth agape in a tortured scream. Pops and cracks split the night silence and made my insides squirm. His ears sharpened, his face grew, his height began to tower over the small saplings around him while claws overtook nails and fur sprouted from his body to cover where fabric had torn.

My heart was in my throat by the time it was complete. He leaned over, panting, a great hulking form. Long red tongue salivating from between white fangs. His hair now a thick mane, covering his body from head to toe. Slowly, agonizingly slow, he stretched to his full height.

I scrambled backwards. The man who stood there before was gone. In his place towered an eight foot tall breathtakingly horrible monster. Pointed ears stood over his head like a wolf's, the amber eyes burning even brighter and more intense. His lips were curled in a snarl as he huffed, becoming accustomed to his new body. Beneath the fur I could still see the outline of those firm pecs, defined abs, and rippling muscle. My gaze dipped further and I blushed profusely. The largest penis I had ever seen swung like a limp bough between his thighs. The pubic hair grew thicker here, but not enough to entirely hide it from view. Beneath it hung a heavy, tight sack.. it looked like he hadn't fucked in weeks. Goosebumps pricked my skin and I rubbed at them angrily.

What was wrong with me?

Rather than killing this creature when I had the chance, I sat here ogling him like some star struck teenager. Pathetic. If word got out, I'd be shamed and never allowed to hunt again.

The warrior beast sniffed at the air, no doubt checking for fresh blood to spill. Suddenly he stilled, and his gaze swiveled over his shoulder.

I froze.

Piercing honey eyes. Sharper than any arrow in my quiver. And they were locked directly onto mine. He didn't move. Slowly those cruel lips curled into a devilish smile and I nearly pissed myself.

He had me.. and he knew it.

(To Be Continued😈)