The Hunter Ch. 02 - Chicago Mission

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You got it partner."

"LoLo, I need you to run a bathtub full of cold water leave the water level about 6" from the top. When you hear us in the garage, I want you to go to the bottom bedroom and stay there. Can you do that?" I asked

"I can do that." she replied.

"Thank you," I said

Ashley and I headed out. We went by the rendezvous location and the van was still there. Good, a missing animal control vehicle was not a top priority, I was sure. Only need it to remain among the missing for another couple of hours. Ashley dropped me off at the bus barn and left. I went around back and climbed the fence. I walked around the buses, feeling for heat. Buses that had recently been operated were more likely to start easy. I found a good candidate and forced the doors open to allow entry. Busses are so easy the steering wheel doesn't lock; the ignition switch is in the dash. Pull some wires and jumper the switch and we are golden. It takes me less than 2 minutes to get the beast started.

I need to hurry I need to be there a little before six. I am get there about 15 till 6. I can see the empty spot with a wormy kid watching the spot. I keep the bus running. I look at the find my phone app and see that the car is just down the road maybe two minutes out. I put the bus in drive and floor it. As soon and the car gets into the spot, I am blasting through the intersection I turn the wheel slightly ensuring the corner of the bus strikes the driver side door. KaBlam, I just rocked their world. I get out of the bus, my pistol already out and ready. The wormy kid sees the pistol and is headed for the hills. Fear is inspirational. That little shit was running at an Olympic sprinter pace. The driver was bleeding badly from the head. The two in the back were shaken as was the front passenger. I ran to the passenger side and I yelled in the car, "Which one of you is Tre?" The two in the back pointed at the front passenger. I double tapped both occupants of the rear seat. I shot the driver in the head just to make sure. Tre's eyes were as big as coffee cups. I had his full attention. I put the pistol at Tre's ear. I asked, "Can you hear me?" he nodded. I then asked, "Do you want to join your friends in the back?" He shook his head. "Good, listen close, I am not going to repeat myself. If you do anything other than what I tell you, then I will kill you here and now. Do you understand?" I asked my last question. He nodded once again. "Get out of the car and do not speak." I instructed. Ashley was pulling up in the van. "Get into the van." I commanded. I opened the side door keeping the gun pointed at Tre he got in and I followed closing the door behind me.

Ashley drove to the rendezvous point without incident. She got out of the van and got in the car. I opened the side door and got out. I kept the gun on Tre and thew him a set of flex cuffs (you know the ty-rap kind). Put them on with your hands behind your back. He struggled but complied. I made sure they were good and tight. I searched him and removed a small 9mm and a phone. I quickly disassembled the guns throwing parts and pieces in different directions. I took the phone and crushed it with the heel of my boot. I pushed him in the back of the rental and told him to lay down in the seat and keep quiet. He did. Ashley got us home without incident.

I tell Ashley to go to the downstairs bedroom. I put a ty-rap around Tre's throat leaving just enough room for my hand to use it as a handle. When I give the ty-rap little twist I will apply pressure to both his windpipe and his carotid artery. I demonstrate and Tre understands the predicament that he finds himself. We go to the bathroom. I tell him in a very stern and monotone voice, "I want you to understand that you will answer my questions, before you die. I am going to give you a taste of water boarding and if you survive that and you have not answered my questions then I will start breaking bones. I will start at your toes, then I will break the bones in your feet, then I will break your ankles. I shouldn't have to go further than that but if I do, the human body has 206 bones in it. Do you understand? He nodded with conviction. I put him on his knees with his head over the side of the bathtub. He is visibly shaking. I stick his head underwater and count aloud, "1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, and so on and when I got to 1020", I pulled his head up out of the tub. He was kicking and flailing, but between the ty-rap around his throat and my knee in his back his head remained underwater.

As soon as his head came up I could not shut him up. "God Damn man. What the fuck? You didn't ax me no question! How can I answer a mother fucking question When you didn't even ax me one? Man this shit ain't right. Ax me what you want to know man, please man!"

"Ok, question number one, who were the three ass hats in the black and gold chevy Caprice Classic that shot this place up?" I asked. "Don't tell me you don't know. I want a name and a phone number." I twisted the ty-rap around his neck and he started to choke; I released the pressure and he breathed easier.

Tre said, "Lil' T was the driver. Mouse and Ray Ray were the triggers. Ray Ray is Big Ds little bother.

"Anybody else know about this place?" I ask

"Just that lootinant in the gang squad. He's on the tit for a couple of benjamins a week. That's how we found you so quick". He said.

"How about anyone else in the vice lord nation?" I asked.

"No, not that I know of, cause what happens in the crew stays in the crew." He said. "But in this case, Ray Ray told Big D building up the cred." I am thinkin to myself, 'found a leak and if I kill Lil T, Mouse and Ray Ray, then I can breathe a little easier.'

"You got a phone number for Ray Ray?" I ask.

"Yes, (773) 283-xxxx." He gave it up.

"We are done," I said. "Let's go."

He let out a big exhale. I got him up and we walked out to the garage. I clubbed him at the base of his skull, and he dropped like a bag of hammers. I went back to the lower bedroom and asked LoLo to clean up the bathroom. I asked Ashley if she wanted to go with me or stay here. She told me that if I didn't need her, she would just as soon stay here. I nodded and left.

I took Tre back to the 'hood, it was about midnight using the van from out previous visit. The bus was gone, the gold Monte Carlo was gone, the wormy kid was gone. I pulled up in front of the bodega and sat Tre on his ass leaned him up against the wall. I shot him once in the head, got in the van and drove back to the rendezvous location. Between the black tactical gear, the ball cap, and balaclava any identification would be difficult.

When I got home both Ashley and LoLo were asleep in the lower bedroom. I loaded the where's my phone app on the computer and loaded Ray Ray's number. It took a little while for the app to load up. It did, and the app indicated that Ray Ray's phone was not moving, and it was in the 'hood. I was still concerned about those ass hats would return to the scene of the crime

In the morning, I went to a local convenience store and got a paper to see what if anything was being said. The newspaper reported the bus crash as a hit. The motive was attributed to gang violence, and it was believed that a long-standing rift with the Vice Lords and the Latin Kings was about to explode. 'Such is life in the big city' I thought.

About 6:30 AM I was starving. I turned on the oven on to heat up for some biscuits. I put some potatoes in the microwave. I then started cooking bacon. The oven beeped it was at 425 degrees ready for the biscuits. When the bacon was finished, I put some of the grease in another skillet. The potatoes were finished in the microwave I chopped them and put them in the second skillet to put a little brown on them. I cooked me a couple of eggs (over easy). And everything came together just right. The biscuits were ready nice and brown, and the potatoes had some nice color on them too. I shut down the oven and the burners. I sat down and enjoyed biscuits with butter and jelly and potatoes and eggs and bacon. Oh yeah baby. Breakfast of champions. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating.

About the time I finished eating, LoLo and Ashley came stumbling up the stairs. They were learning on each other as if trying to hold each other up. I told them that I had loaded the where's my phone app on the computer and put Ray Ray's phone number in the app. I needed them to keep an eye on it and if they came near our location to let me know. These were the ass hats that had shot up the place and after what I did yesterday, they may decide to investigate the scene of the crime. If they came here, then I would kill them and go dump the bodies. I pointed them to the remaining biscuits and bacon and potatoes. I bid them both a fond good night and went to bed. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I didn't move. Ashley let me sleep in an extra thirty minutes. She shook my foot at 2:30 PM.

I asked, "Have you been keeping tabs on Ray Ray's phone?"

She said, "It has been all over town. Funny thing, you remember that building we went to the first day, the one with the gang unit? You won't believe this, but Ray Ray's phone was at that building for about 45 minutes right around lunch time."

I told her, "Before Tre left, he told me that the lieutenant of the gang unit is into the VLN for about $200 a week. Ray Ray was probably just making sure the VLN was getting their money's worth. What have you ladies been doing today?"

LoLo said, "We have been putting the finishing touches on our drag queen costumes and doing research on makeup. You know there is a shit load of resources for drag queen attire and make up. Besides internet searches, there are blogs, you tube, tic toc, I was amazed. You need to look it over. Pauline probably needs help with walking and talking" she laughed.

I groaned, "What the hell did I get myself into? You are serious, aren't you."

Ashley added, "Well, if we are going to pull this off, then we need to be believable."

"Yes, you are correct." I agreed, "We have a lot riding on this. Speaking of having a lot riding on this. LoLo have you had conversations with the Prosecuting Attorney about witness protection?"

"Yes, they are limited into what they can do." She stated with a fearful look on her face. "They can relocate me anywhere in cook county. They said it might be possible to go as far as an adjoining county, but that was about the extent of it. The VLN claims about a third of that territory. With the publicity of this trial, I will probably have my picture spread all over the place. I don't know that what they are offering will be adequate."

"Ashley," I said, "can I talk with you for a moment?" LoLo went to the kitchen she was cooking something, and it was smelling really good. I continued, "I hate to ask this, but could you talk to Roberto about a job for LoLo and what he would think of us taking her to Atlanta?

Ashley smiled, "I knew you would ask that. Are you a sucker for strays? Am I going to have to be the hard ass about stray cats and dogs?"

I shook my head, "No cats, but you might have to draw the line somewhere with dogs. Please, she doesn't have blood family alive, and she is turning her back on her friends because they want her dead. It is the right thing to do... isn't it?"

She nodded, "I'll talk to him now. I don't expect he will give an answer now. He will want to think about it, and then come up with a solution."

"Thank you and LoLo thanks you." I said. I spent the rest of my shift doing the suggested research on walking and talking as a drag. I looked through Pauline's outfit and thank God, they didn't buy heels as part of Pauline's disguise. The had some large black dress tennis shoes. They had painted some blue flowers on the shoes that matched the color of Pauline's dress. They had purchased a platinum blonde wig that was styled in a beehive hairstyle. I was going to have to shave most of my body if not all of it. The seeds of dread were planted. I was not looking forward to this. Ray Rays' phone stayed in the 'hood and was not moving. He remained in that location the remainder of my watch. No activity on the cameras or motion sensors other than normal neighborhood traffic. You know people coming home eating dinner and either settling in or going out to sporting events or partying. I didn't see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary.

I went to get Ashley at 8 PM. Briefed her on my activities and went to bed. 'What day is this?' I asked myself. Friday, God, how time flies. Get through the weekend and then the trial starts on Tuesday. I slept soundly. My 'spidey' sense was starting to tingle. The matter of the black Caprice Classic was still not resolved. Ashley came and got me at 2 AM. She told me that LoLo was asleep upstairs. She hugged me and we kissed.

"I know it's against the rules, but I needed that," she said. She had found some old spackling compound in the garage and patched a few bullet holes. I nodded and laughed. She said, "Ray Rays phone hasn't moved. Something is up. That is a lot of time for a gangbanger to be in one location."

"Yes," I agreed, "Something is up, maybe he is grieving his brother. If he is, then one of the steps in the grief process is anger, and he'll be making plans to get back at whomever. If he comes our way, then I want to be ready. I'll turn on some lights and walk around outside just to make sure we look empty." I kissed her and tucked her into the bed.

I did turn on lights in the living room and kitchen. I went out into the front yard to look for light leaks. I did see some light leaks and did my best to pug them with towels, duct tape and aluminum foil. Finally achieving the point where no light emanated from inside the house. The only way to achieve darkness at the back of the house was to shut off all lights in the house. I checked on Ray Ray's phone and still no movement. I fixed a breakfast of bacon and French toast. I ate and went to wake Ashley at 8 AM. I told her about the light tightness of the house. She nodded in understanding. I let her know about the French toast and bacon. I went to bed and slept. She came and got me at 2 PM.

She told me, "Ray Ray's phone had been active since about 9:30 AM. It has been all over town. There were about a half dozen or so stops. Not staying in any one place longer than an hour. If you were correct and he was grieving, then he is probably going around checking with the homies to see if they heard anything. He is wanting to exact revenge. I'll bet you he comes back here to see if we are here."

"Then if he does, he ain't going to like what he finds." I state. "Let's put the night vision goggles on our helmets and keep them close, along with our 9mm, again, suppressed and subsonic." She nodded. "If it happens at night, then we kill all inside lights and go to the tree in the back yard. LoLo stays where she is. Get low and still. The front of the house is tight so they will come to the back. When they get to the back of the house, we will pounce. Double tap - no prisoners. Then we will go up front and take down the driver or any survivors. We will load the bodies in the black caprice classic and take it to our rendezvous point and dump everything there. I'll come get you at 8 PM. Get some sleep I wouldn't expect them to try anything until after dark. Ill keep an eye on the movement and if they get close ill come and get you. Good night."

The movement pattern for Ray Ray's phone was consistent with what Ashley had told me earlier. I asked LoLo to come and watch the tracking app with me for a while to see if she recognized any of the locations. She did but she didn't know anything more that to put a name with a couple of them. I told her what my suspicions were with the movements of Ray Ray's phone. She nodded in agreement. I told her that if or when they come here what I needed her to do. Stay out of sight, stay low, stay still and stay quiet. She stated, "I can do that." I raided the fridge. The movement pattern stayed in town and did not approach our location. I believed the frustration in Ray Ray would be growing. I awakened Ashley at 8 PM.

We talked a little. Going over the plan. I told her I had talked to LoLo. I asked Ashley if she had any better ideas or changes to the plan, she shook her head. Alright I'm going to sleep with my gear close. Come get me if Ray Ray's phone comes this way. She kissed me good night. I thought 'I can't wait for this shit to be over!' she left. I drift off to sleep shortly thereafter.

I felt like I had just closed my eyes and Ashley shook my foot. "JJ," she said, "The movement pattern has changed, I think they are coming this way."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It is 12:30." She said. I get up and go to the observation room. Sure enough, this movement is different. 'Hopefully, it is just the black Caprice Classic and not half the VLN,' I thought. From the looks of the movement, the little red dot, would be here in about ten minutes. I check on LoLo she is asleep. I tell her to get in the closet, and lay on the floor, and be quiet. She nods. We then turn out all the lights in the house and don our night vision and go out the back to the tree. It was just a few minutes, and we hear a car in the street. It seems to take forever for two shadowy figures to approach the back from either side of the house. I signal Ashley and tap tap almost simultaneously the two shadowy figures are down. We check for weapons and pulse. Two pistols, no pulse.

I whisper, "Whichever way the car is pointing, the other comes up from the back and taps the driver." She nods and we split up. The car was pointed my direction. Ashley slowly quietly approaches from the rear. The driver senses something just about the time Ashley squeezes off the round. The driver slumps over and the car rolls forward slightly. Ashley reaches in and slams the shift lever up into park. The car rocks as it comes to an abrupt halt.

I come out to the car and open the driver's side door and push one dead POS over towards the passenger side. I close the door softly to kill the interior light. We carry the bodies to the car and load them in the back seat. Being as quiet as we can, it takes about 10 minutes to get ready to leave. I go in the house and tell LoLo "We are safe. You are safe. We are taking out the trash. Stay where you are, and I will come and get you when we get back. Are you OK?" She nods. "We will be back within the hour." I tell her, and leave. Ashly follows in the rental. We drop the load next to the bus and the animal control van. Hopefully we won't be back, this place is getting crowded.

We get home about 2:45 AM. I go in and let LoLo know we are home. She and Ashley are wired. The adrenalin is going to have to wear off before these two will be able to sleep. I said how about we shower and then have a drink and relax for a minute. They nod in agreement. LoLo winks at me and says, "Are we going to shower together?"

I wink back and state, "If we do that, then nobody is going to sleep for hours." LoLo laughs and heads to the bathroom. Ashley doesn't laugh and I mouth 'just kidding baby'. She winks and goes downstairs. I make some gin and tonics for everyone. When I hear Ashley turn off the shower, I head down and hand her a G&T.

She swats my ass and says. "It had better be a quick one, or wait for the water to heat up."

"Ok, I'll wait." I mutter. I asked, "Are you OK?"

"I think so, first time you know," she said. "I don't think it is something I could do on a regular basis. If this is something that I will be expected to do, then maybe this isn't the right thing for me. They attacked first and I did what I needed to do to protect mine." she stated.

I nodded and said, "Go see the shrink when we get home, even if you feel OK. It will help. Those bastards aren't worth getting twisted. I plan on talking with the shrink, even with this not being my first rodeo. I think anytime I am involved in extreme violence I will seek counseling. I didn't think I needed to talk after the IED. I was wrong. The shrink helped me work through my fears, my feelings, my guilt. It was months before the nightmares stopped. But they eventually did stop."

1...345678