The Hunter Ch. 02 - Chicago Mission

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We got out of drag and said goodbye to our alter egos. It took a while to get all the makeup off. I called Roberto and put the phone on speaker. I told him that I had the phone on speaker, and he said hello to Ashley. I told him that Loretta had testified, and that the prosecutor agreed that we had met the conditions of the contract. He was laughing so hard that he could not talk when I told him about the drag queen costumes. He said that I better have receipts. He also told me to brainstorm with Ashley and capture lessons learned for a de brief when we got back to Atlanta. I told him that we would be back in Atlanta late Thursday. He said we will set up a debrief Friday afternoon and then asked if Ashley and I would join him and Sophie for dinner. Ashley nodded and I told him that sounded great. I ended the call and then asked the girls what sounded good for dinner.

They pow wowed for a little while and then decided on seafood. We went back to Gary IN and went to a nice seafood restaurant. The meal was relaxed, and the girls enjoyed several G&Ts. Both women kissed me on the cheek as we walked out to the car. They both got in the back seat and joked with each, other poking a lot of fun at yours truly. When we got home, I fixed another round of G&Ts. The girls were getting wound down and it wasn't long before the sand man was calling. We said our good nights and headed to bed. Ashley had an arm around my waist as we went downstairs to the bedroom. We hugged and kissed making up for some of the lost intimacy of the last two weeks. We were both dog tired decided that our makeup sex was going to require more energy than what we had at present. We cuddled and quickly drifted off to sleep.

We got up fairly early. I fixed breakfast, french toast and bacon. After breakfast was cleaned up, I called the enterprise store and set up to return the car. Along the way, got the van from storage and I followed Ashley to the enterprise location. We got home and started to remove the security set up. Taking down cameras and motion sensors and removing batteries from all the equipment. Staging all the gear ammo and guns in the garage. We finished getting all the equipment in the garage late about 7:00 PM Wednesday. I suggested we order in and finish taking down the monitors and computer equipment. I told the girls I was not picky and whatever they decided to order was fine with me. I told them it would be nice if we were packed as much as we could tonight. It would take us about two hours to load the van and do a quick clean on the house. I would like to get back to Atlanta about 10:00PM tomorrow. They agreed to the time frame I suggested. Ashley and I packed our gear back into our respective duffle bags and packed our civilian clothes in suitcases except for what we were going to wear tomorrow and our toiletries. We went to bed about 10:00 PM and sleep came quick and easy.

The next morning, we got up early and showered quickly. A no nonsense breakfast of whatever was in the fridge to minimize clean up and waste. Ashley and I loaded the van and LoLo started house cleaning. Being a little more familiar with the van loading, we accomplished it in less than an hour and was able to help LoLo with the house cleaning. She had cleaned out the fridge. We decided not to take the stuff we had bought to set up house at the beginning. It would be just another expense the citizens of cook county would pay for. We were able to get on the road by 8:30 AM.

The ride back to Atlanta was not as boring as the ride up. The conversations were all over the place. LoLo was excited about her fresh start. Ashley had decided that LoLo would stay with her a couple of days until she found a place. Me and Ashley talked about things that needed to be included in the debriefing. We stopped a couple of times for food fuel and snacks along with the obligatory pee breaks. We arrived at Ashley's house about 10:30 PM. We grabbed the luggage and left it in the living room. Ashley gave LoLo the nickel tour. I fixed G&Ts for everyone. I told Ashley I wanted to take the van back and unload the armory back at VC before we debriefed. I gave her the option of helping with the unload or come when she was ready. She took option #2.

I got up about 5:30 AM. I left everyone else asleep and went for a morning run. It was all new turf to me, so I had to pay attention to where I was going. I ran for about 45 minutes and was sitting on the patio drinking my water when Ashley came out. "Hey handsome, you have a nice run?" she asked.

"Yes, I needed it." I reflected. "I didn't realize how badly I needed it until I was out there a while. How are you this morning?"

"I am ok. how about you?" she asked. "You know after we get this behind us, then we need to make some decisions for us" and her face lit up. I nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to take a shower and go unload the van. I think I'm going to set up a meet with the shrink." I said.

"I'll be in a little later." she said, "The shrink idea is a good idea, I think I'll touch base with him too." I nodded and went in to take a shower. I dressed and took the van to VC.

I drove around to the back of the building scanned my badge to get through the security gate and backed up to the roll up door. I used the hand scanner to enter the building. As soon as the door closed behind me, I shouted, "Honey, I'm home."

Larry came around the corner and gave me a bro hug, he smiled and said, "I thought I lost you. This is your first time returning. Let me get the paperwork. The way this works is like when you took the equipment only in reverse. You can log into the kiosk next to the roll up door and scan the equipment as it comes back into the armory. When we reconcile the two lists then you can explain the differences. Keep the tactical, unless you are done being a contractor. The usual explanations are used, damaged, stolen, or other; if you use other, then explain." He also handed me a map of the armory showing where everything went. As I scanned the items back into the armory the location popped up on the screen. I needed to clean the weapons and suppressors before putting them up. I finished up about 10:30 AM. I thanked Larry for all his help and left the armory.

I found my way to the shrink's office. I opened the door and there was Brenda. She was as pretty as ever. I said, "Good morning, has anyone told you how beautiful you look this morning?"

She pretended to blush and replied, "No, Jed, you are the first. Thank you. Do you flirt like that with all the ladies?"

"Do you consider telling a beautiful woman a simple truth as flirting?" I asked

"No, but it sounds more salacious," She smiled.

Not wanting this conversation to go off the rails, I asked, "Is Dr. Ross in? I was hoping for a minute of his time."

"Yes, he is. Just a moment and I'll get him for you." She replied. She got up and went into the back and in just a few minutes, she came back and said, "Dr. Ross can see you now." I went back to the room that we had previously met and knocked on the door.

I heard "Enter." I opened the door and Dr. Ross was coming from around his desk. He motioned for me to sit in a comfortable looking chair and said, "What can I do for you today, Jed?"

"Well Doc, I was hoping I could bend your ear a little," I said.

He nodded and said, "I've got time now if you want to talk. Go ahead and tell me what is on your mind."

I started, "Back in Afghanistan when I had to kill or when someone I knew got killed it bothered me. I would replay the violence over in my mind and question my morality and whether I was still human. What would happen to me, if or when killing didn't bother me? During my rehab after the IED caused my injuries. I suffered from survivor's guilt as well as PTSD. I spent many hours talking with a shrink, working through my issues. It took a long time to come to terms with my survival. It was even longer before the nightmares stopped. Being a contractor here and facing some of those same challenges, I felt it would be in my own best interests to chat with you after my mission to help with things as they come up. Do you counsel employees/ contractors, or do you just evaluate people for employment purposes?"

"I am a licensed therapist," he said. "I provide counseling for employees and contractors. I am pleased and surprised by your coming here so quickly. That is a good sign. Having already experienced some benefits from counseling, I sense that any apprehension about counseling is absent."

I nodded and continued, "I have started a relationship with Ashley, Roberto's right hand, she is a lovely, beautiful, smart, woman. I have grown to love her, and I think we have a future together. She surprised me in Chicago, and she was my partner on this mission. On this mission, we were attacked. I went hunting and eliminated the threat. I don't feel remorse for what I did. I eliminated a threat to myself, my partner, and my contract. My partner, Ashley became involved, and I am concerned for her mental well-being. This was not her first op, but it was her first time on the front lines. I hope she comes to talk to you soon."

Dr. Ross sat there in silence for a moment, then spoke, "Jed, thank you for being open and up front with me. That goes a long way in our relationship. Many times, I have to work with an individual for quite some time to develop that trust. I didn't hear any excuses for your actions. It sounds like you developed a plan and carried it out. You saw a threat to you and the success of your mission and took the actions you felt that you needed to take to ensure the success of your mission. Ashley was your partner, and it sounds like you treated her as such. This indicates to me that you have the ability to compartmentalize your feelings and separate work from your personal feelings. I have a few questions for you. #1- how are you sleeping? The ability to sleep comfortably and get restful sleep is an indicator of how much trauma you have absorbed. #2 - have your feeling for Ashley changed? Many times after seeing someone you care about do things outside of the paradigm that you are accustomed to see them can alter your perception of them and affect how you feel about them. #3 - The actions that you had to take, do they affect the way you see individuals in public or society as a whole? Many times, when extreme violence is used, a person sees that as an acceptable alternative to becoming a victim. They start to revert to the extreme behavior instead of using reasoning and argument to convey feeling or emotions.

I thought about the questions for a minute and then I responded," I am sleeping just fine, so far I have not had any nightmares or recurring dreams about those activities. I assume any changes in that would be a concern and would indicate that I have issues that need to be worked through." He nodded and I continued, "My feelings for Ashley have not changed. I consider her my friend and my lover, and I feel fortunate to have her in my life." I pointed to the scar on the side of my face. "She is able to look past this and see me. She knows I am partially broken, and she loves me in spite of it. As far as my outlook on other people and society in general - There are good people and bad people, I give respect and expect respect in return. I don't have time in my life for negative people. I understand changes in moods, no one is happy all the time, however, there are some people that just can't be happy. I can't have those types of people in my circle. I understand society wants normal. I understand not all people are "normal" and that is ok with me. As long as a person's actions does not impede another's freedoms or causes other people pain, live and let live. Don't tell me how I should feel and don't force me to accept your behavior and we will get along just fine. I consider myself a tolerant person, but do not misunderstand that my tolerance is acceptance."

Dr. Ross looked like he was absorbing my statements. He nodded, stood, and extended his hand and said, "Thank you Jed for coming by and feel free to come by anytime. Do you think you got anything from our talk today? I think you are doing just fine. I wish you and Ashley the best."

"Yes, I appreciate your time," I said, "thank you." I left his office and went up front where Brenda sat. I winked at her on my way out. I went to the elevator and up to 3. I was going to check in the Sophie and see what time Roberto wanted to start the de-brief.

When I stepped out of the elevator, there was my girlfriend chatting with Sophie. Sophie smiled and winked at me. Ashley turned around and smiled at me and said, "Speak of the devil!" I smiled and joined the good-looking duo.

"This looks like trouble," I said, "I'm having a hard time understanding which of you is keeping the other out of trouble."

They looked at each other and then looked at me and shrugged. Sophie said, "We take turns."

I just shook my head, and asked, "Sophie I was curious about our de-brief?

"I have that penciled in for 2:00 this afternoon, anything else?" she asked.

"I am getting hungry, would either of you fine looking women like to join me for lunch?" I asked

"I am going to eat with Roberto, when he gets time, but I am looking forward to dinner tonight," she replied.

"I am yours," Ashley replied. She looked at Sophie and said, "I'll call you later and finalize dinner plans." Sophie nodded. We got in the elevator and hugged and kissed until the elevator stopped. We went to the cafeteria and there was LoLo working in the back. She waved and smiled, and we waved back. Lunch was leisurely. We enjoyed each other's company and the unhurried conversation time. She said LoLo appreciated the offer and didn't want to be a bother. She called HR and accepted a position with the cafeteria. She had called Ashley two hours later and it told her she was moving in with a coworker. The coworker had just lost a roommate and needed another. It appears LoLo was well on her way to a fresh start. I was looking forward to some unbridled intimate time with Ashley. I told her I had talked to Dr. Ross and that it went well. She told me that she had set up and appointment for Monday morning.

She asked if I have been thinking about us. I told her that is just about all I was thinking about. She wanted to hear all about it. I told her that I would like to spend a few days here with her and get a feel for what life would be like living in Atlanta. Then I would like to take her back to northwest Arkansas and give her the opportunity to get a feel for what life would be like living up there. I believed that would give each other the opportunity to learn a little more about the area and lifestyles and we could make an informed decision about where we wanted to live. She agreed and said she was looking forward to checking out Arkansas. I told her the area was growing but still had a small town feel to it. For the most part people were friendly and willing to give a hand. The airport made getting in and out easier than other parts of the state but that the flights in and out were somewhat limited. NWA is beautiful country and there is a lot to offer for those that like outdoor activities that include kayaking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, cycling, motorcycling, climbing, hang gliding just about anything you can imagine there is a place in Arkansas that you can do it.

It was getting close to time to go talk to Roberto for the de-briefing. We went to the elevator and went up to 3. While in the elevator I kissed her and grabbed her ass and pulled her into me. She moaned in my mouth. I think both of us wanted the elevator ride to last longer. She straightens her clothes as she is leaving the elevator. Sophie smiles and points for us to go ahead to Roberto's office. Ashley knocks and I hear "enter". Roberto is coming around from his desk and hugs Ashley and shakes my hand. He states, "Good to see you guys are back safe and sound. This debrief is going to serve two purposes. It will hopefully make VC better for future similar operations and the second part will be unofficial information that you may have learned to share with the Cook County Prosecuting Attorney's office." I began to recount my time in Chicago, I went through each day talking about some possible improvement from better supplies to possible ensuring that any future housing include utensils and bedding. I talked about the where's my phone app and how the bad guys had used it to find us and then I had used it to hunt down the enforcers and the drive by crew. I named the lieutenant of the gang unit as a leak and that he was on the VLN payroll. It was only $200 a week but that was $10,000 over the course of a year. Surely the prosecutor could track that on a cop's salary. I talked about interactions with the Leo's on the custody of the witness. How we sat on the roof and heard the attempted hit on LoLo and then our escape. I told my version of our perimeter security set up, the drive by of our safe house, hunting in the 'hood, killing the cameras for our escape, interrogation of the survivor, and then the drag queen experience of the court room. I also told him that in my opinion all contractors or employees that experience extreme violence during and op should go see a shrink upon return. I relayed a little of my experience and that in my opinion it helps, even if the individual does not feel they need help.

Roberto found the story interesting, and he really enjoyed the photos of the 3Ps ready to go out. He said he was glad that we had pulled off a successful mission. His idea of a successful mission is #1 VC people return unharmed and #2 the contract is fulfilled to the customer's satisfaction.

Ashley told a similar story I was intrigued how her take was slightly different than mine. She said overall she enjoyed being partnered with me and she thought we worked well together. She apologized to me about the surprise of showing up. She and Roberto had talked about it and felt that any partner would have been a surprise. If she had it to do all over again she would have ridden up to Chicago with me in the beginning.

Roberto had expressed concerns about Ashley going front line on an op like this and whether we could endure the strain of personal feelings on an op like this. He was glad that we appeared to succeed in completing the op without damage to our personal relationship. He asked us what was next for us. We shared our plans with him, and he once again called me a cradle robbing bastard.

We all stood and gave hugs and handshakes. He said, "check with Sophie on the way out and verify dinner reservations." We stopped and the girls chatted about what they were in the mood to eat. My only comment was that if I needed a suit for dinner, then I would need to purchase a suit. They said thanks for the input, and they would let me know. Being outmanned and knowing when to retreat, I did. Casual dinner at Virgil's Gullah Kitchen and Bar. I looked them up online and my moth started watering just reading the menu. She made reservations for 8:00PM. Ashley and Sophie did the girl smooch on the cheek and Sophie patted my hand and winked. We went to the elevator and then to the lobby. We had our usual mini make out session while in the elevator. We exited the building following the security protocols for exit.

We held hands while crossing the parking lot. I assisted Ashley while she entered the car and went around to the passenger side. We left and made it to her house in no time. I could feel the tension in the air and felt the tension grow the closer to her house. Yes, we were going to have sex before dinner. Yes, neither of us were going to last long. Yes, neither of us cared. As soon as the front door closed on the living room, we were in each other's arms. A passion filled lingering kiss ensued followed by immediate and mutually enjoyable groping of each other's body. My already hard dick was about to bust the zipper of my pants. I tried to impale Ashley onto my body grabbing her ass. She moaned into my mouth, and I joined her sentiment as our passion began to grow. She broke the kiss, grabbed my hand and drug me to her bedroom. We were naked in about 2.3 seconds. She laughed as my raging hard on slapped my belly when I removed my underwear.

1...345678