All Comments on 'The Importance Of Communication'

by PolySwingerWife

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes please do tell

your partner if you are a 3H slut. That way any sensible guy can get the hell of there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
yes and no

I agree on the basics: good communication and honesty.

But do not sugar-coat the message with the hypothetical "you may be surprised ..". The reality is: maybe yes, maybe no. Either way, better to be open at the beginning, and not spring a surprise after a mutual (alternative) pattern is already established.

And the word "need". I wince when seeing that word used. I need water to survive. I need food. But what about the person who needs a daily hit of heroin? Certainly for the addict it is a self-evident necessity, once hooked. But what caused that particular need in the first place?

So, a big grey area is covered by the word "need"

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

I don't know what your actual profession might be, but I hope that you are some type of relationship counsellor or maybe a practitioner of one of the psychology disciplines. However, I suspect that you're sound, practical advice was created in the fiery crucible of reality and hewn and refined on the forge of hard-won experience. People like yourself are invaluable within the dynamic of group therapy sessions, but if your writing is any indication of your 3D persona, a person with insecurities, fears and hang-ups might wilt in the presence of your total honesty and absolute comfort inside your own skin. And yes, that was a complement.

.

Please keep writing. Even if it reaches just one person or couple, then you've truly paid it forward.

.

Warmest regards,

TSF

Duckydan49Duckydan49about 3 years ago

I agree with Legio_Patria_Nostra. I sincerely hope you are involved in the helping profession if not please keep being the model of truth that you speak of. Yes, FEAR is the most destructive "four letter word" know to man. Wars have been fought, people have been killed and countless other things have been done in the name of fear.

Keep up the writing...

Warm Regards,

Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My compliments. This is very insightful. I do think That the longer this type of relationship goes on the more difficult it is to make the change and be honest with each other. Instead I think the baggage that builds up over time gets in the way so much that the partners cannot see each other for all of the baggage between them.

blksoldierblksoldier5 months ago

this is some of the best advice I have ever read about relationship. Very well thought out and presented. I know that it may help someone. my compliments.

Johnsmith6x3Johnsmith6x33 months ago

This was/is an excellent piece of information, I only wish I had known about it earlier. At over 50 and now set in what people say is a “ comfortable relationship,” conversations revolve around things like “ I’m happy with the way things are, and we are to old to change “.

Much appreciated

John

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPolySwingerWife@PolySwingerWife
My name is Amber. In the last three decades, I have learned more about people than I ever thought I would. One thing I've learned is that people can be very judgmental about things that they have never experienced, or never want to. Because my husband enjoys watching me ...