All Comments on 'The Issue is Not the Tissue'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Very enjoyable!

5

rnebularrnebular5 months ago

Made almost no mention of either couple's kids, barely a short confrontation and the while thing felt rushed. Thanks for sharing, but maybe slow down a little in your next effort.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Pretty solid one pager - 4.4*

maninconnmaninconn5 months ago

I liked this! Thanks for writing!

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

I liked the story. I would have liked to have the cheating wife's character explored in greater detail. BUT, maybe there just isn't all that much to her. Kudos

goodshoes2goodshoes25 months ago

5 stars. Great and amusing story. All over a tissue. Good detective work on husbands' part.

Thank goodness this is a BTB story. Seems like there are too many cuck stories in the LW section lately. Why are there too many ball less authors out there now? The so called "new" generation? Or have their wives trained them well?

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19555 months ago

This was a good read. The only reason I gave it a 4, not 5, was that a lot of details to explain things were missing, leaving the reader to assume how evidence was gathered. Maybe recordings from the recorders he bought, but videos? There was no mention of his wife having sex in his house. Were the videos from Mandy? She didn’t know about the cheating before the day the husband got caught. The story should have been longer to flesh out these issues.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Good job. Enjoyed your story.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

Decent enough story except for the age vs marriage time thing. That alone would justify a re-write. Plus you mentioned fixing up the house for kids but did not mention if they had any or not. And after 20 years, you'd assume they did. This stuff alone is enough for a re-write, full edit with at least a beta reader.

I see others called you out for where the 'evidence' came from since he bought his electronic toys just that morning and Mandy had no idea anything was amiss. You need to be clear it was pure bluff on his part but since she'd done all those things, accepted it as fact and did not want it known.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

Forgot to say in my earlier comment that I gave you a 4 for NOT being a simpering cuck story. Normally I would have given this only a 3.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I especially liked that her shyness was resolved. Other than a phone tracker, this is a story of people taking action rather than gadgets.

servant111servant1115 months ago

Nice. Not much pathos though.

5 stars

inka2222inka22225 months ago

4.7 stars. The story is an pleasant BTB; but took off 0.3 stars for editing issues - 35 year old guy married for 20 years is... unusual. And "3 kids" in the end - wording makes it unclear, are they kids from old marriages? Newly born from new marriage?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Funny and refreshing light btb tale. But why almost all the btb tales have to be 1 single page ? Anyway, 5 full stars for the little break from the endless fetish-cuck bombing tales.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars and this was just an explaination - WHERE is the rest of the story? FTDS.

Have a nice day.

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Good story, nice quick read. Happy ending for Graham and Mandy. Not so much for the Cheaters. Only thing there was no mention of custody?

4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fantastic story keep up the great work you do we need more people like you. Writing great stories like this yes you made a few mistakes but hey your only human lol . All I ask is that you keep on writing these stories ok

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

That was a good one.

Izzy sure got the itch in her later years.

But I didn't get the reason why he destroyed the coffee table.

Still I liked the sarcastic humor of the story.

Thanks @funperson969.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another cookie-cutter story. Terribly terrible.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The only thing I didn't like was him doing anything to save her from humiliation, like not serving her at work or not spreading her actions far and wide to family or friends.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I guess when you marry at 15, it’s bound to happen.

Move on people, nothing to see here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Used snotty tissues laying around really is gross...lol

the6ulprsnthe6ulprsn5 months ago

Amusing. Yep, a lot of detail is left out like the cameras/evidence he threatened with - but this is fiction, not reality. And for heavens sake - it’s a one pager! They ain’t all with titles like “XXZZ chapter 316”. I’d just as soon read as a quickie, but then I’ve been told that a lot in my 70 years. 🙄

Well done. Your words painted lovely pictures in my brain. Thank you. 👍😎

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Free tip; admitting the cliche doesn’t excuse the cliche.

Dalton402Dalton4025 months ago

A few issues with timelines but well written as usual

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cliché city, I think you got the lion's share of all the LW clichés. Y'know: grandpa left him the house before he got married, her name wasn't on the deed, changed all the locks AND the garage door opener (they always mention the GDO specifically, don't know why), shared a lawyer with the other wife, eventually married the other wife, etc. Ultimate and complete happiness after the divorce. Nothing but happiness and love and happiness.

.

Very formulaic, but still light-years better than the disgusting cuckold stories we find in this category, so, by comparison, not bad. Rounded up to 4 stars.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion5 months ago

Yep, the age thing, 20-year marriage and getting remarried and having kids with the new wife? That was a little off. But otherwise, the story was classic funperson969. 5-stars. Short, well written and a fun read that sounds like everyday people dealing with real scenarios. Well, maybe not every one's real scenarios, but with the divorce rates today I could be wrong. But I hope not. ; )

cyendreycyendrey5 months ago

A nice quick story. The right people get their appropriate rewards or punishment.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Great story, by far the best of the day. I agree that there are a lot of LW cliches, but it was fun and the bitch and bastard got burned. What’s not to like.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A good quick read.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart5 months ago

A bit short but certainly no flash story. Nice to have a good short but complete story sometimes. Really like how aware the husband was too, knew his wife so well that a little thing like her throwing a fit about tissues set off his alarm bells. 4 stars.

demanderdemander5 months ago

Neatly tied up. D

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just too many issues here for enjoyable reading. Yes, the age thing others mentioned. But snotty tissues on the tables instead of in the trash? Two bedrooms added likely changed the house to marital property, or at least contestable. Took the garage door remote to keep her out? How about the keypad? The electronic stuff that was pretty much a waste of money in a no fault state. Didn't even have time to affect the story's arc. Just too many issues for enjoyment, and too many unforced errors. This story does not rise to Average, Three stars, so, Two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As pointed out by waif further down there are one or two issues with continuity and timelines but still an enjoyable tale which didn't suffer from it's being loaded down with cliches.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Clever title and good hook, but the rest was the very definition of average. So 3*.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Simple-minded. He can't make her leave the house, whoever owns it. If he publishes pics on the internet without her consent he'll go to prison. Perhaps a poorly programmed chatbot wrote this using LW stories of 10 years ago?

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

An enjoyable story and 5*.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree5 months ago

Interesting.

Something old and something new.

It was a little short,

but I really enjoyed this one.

Top ratings from me.

mattenwmattenw5 months ago

Except for the annual numbers fiasco, a really good story. Bravo!

Freddog6601Freddog66015 months ago

Enjoyable read. Clever composition, fast pace with good humor.

Well done.

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

not at all bad story, well done

Jack99Jack995 months ago

I would have a problem with snotty tissues being left on the furniture.

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

I had a smile on reading this, good one,

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Perhaps a poorly programmed chatbot wrote some of these comments.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The “premature end of sexual abilities” is the dumbest trope in these stories. You know what happens when you do that. The other guy has little to lose, gets a weapon and returns the favor or murders you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked it as it was believable. I enjoy fiction but only if it's realistic. Good tales die if they are not believable. I am not a woman, but I also have a problem with not just the used tissues left anywhere but in the garbage can,but the person thats crude enough to leave them there..4 stars..JZK

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

"Perspex?" Here in 'Murrica it's "Plexiglas" (or just "acrylic") a finish of sprayed-on lacquer or epoxy would be something a carpenter would use and work just as well.

IMNSHO Izzy is right to trade in the doofus. Leaving snotty tissues around is just disgusting, not to mention a health hazard.

And then there are all the points other comments have made about time-lines, revenge porn laws, et cetera.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar4 months ago

Not a bad read.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short and sweet a grade of 5 it does not meet.

(3.5 but I rounded it up to a 4)

Enjoyable reading but a little lacking for a solid 5.

Writing is difficult for myself; I don't understand the concepts of putting a story together.

mainer42mainer423 months ago

good read no nitpicking from me

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 stars again. DMW aka Sumnut96

GrandEagle53GrandEagle533 months ago

Short, cute, and sweet. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Five stars and a damn fine read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another quality submission BardnotBard

consulting91consulting9120 days ago

Very nice story. Great job.

nixroxnixrox12 days ago

3 stars for a standard by the numbers BTB story.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit4 days ago

Short'n'Sweet, to the point, concise but well-written no frills BTB cheating wife story. 4.5 stars..

R.S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous