All Comments on 'The Journey Ch. 04'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awesome chapter! I really appreciate you being so consistent with updates, so thank you for that :) There's always a lot to like about your stories, but just to hightlight one thing: I liked how we got the whole "you're better than me" thing out in the open immediately - I feel like the usual narrative choice is to get this sort of insecurity out in one epic speech to resolve the final conflict of the story, and I liked your (to my eyes, at least) more original choice.

silveraidersilveraideralmost 3 years ago

Love the developing story, especially the conflict in Viv's mind. Another great instalment. Thank you.

Maximillian_MaissoneuveMaximillian_Maissoneuvealmost 3 years ago

Great writing, as always. I had found Viv a bit hollow in the previous series, but this one is crafting a better, fleshed out version of her.

On another note, I don't know if you will see this, but could I ask you to try your hand at writing a short piece similar to an episode in the upcoming What If? series. As a fellow Marvel fan, I would love to see what you come up with.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 3 years ago

The chapters just keep getting better. It's going to be interesting to see how badly Viv messes up before she gets out of her own head!

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Impatient

Well, you haven't let us down yet, BS, this chapter being as good as anything gone before. I like the theme of two cultures meeting (and at times near clashing). It looks as if Viv and Jane have something great going for them so please, Viv, don't screw this one up. All I can do now is sit back and wait impatiently for Chapter 05.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow,this is amazing! I didn't like Viv in the past after her situation with Adison but this fourth chapter showed her in a new way and I love it. I can't wait for the next chapter. Please post soon.

GinnyPPCGinnyPPCalmost 3 years ago

Jane!!!

Great chapter Spokes. Love the ADSR/TBIM ref. Can’t wait to see where this is going.

Less than three.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienEllealmost 3 years ago

Damn, 'Spokes! Wow. Thank you!

VIVIAN! TURN OFF YOUR SELF-JUDGEMENT MODULE. if you eff this up more than once, I shall be very, very cross. (Between coming out to Grandma and self-sabotaging with Jane my noodle will be thoroughly baked already...)

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Crystal clear in each piece of your writing/art how much effort is devoted to its creation. Readers are mesmerized by the richness of your storylines and the depth of your characters, and Viv/Vivian is one among many of your uniquely captivating characters — so much to feel and learn as we get to know her and others around her. Simply thanks for continuing to share your talent and imagination.

Kosova_guyKosova_guyalmost 3 years ago

This is so good. You are a fantastic story teller, and this is one damn good story. Thank you for creating it, writing it, and sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

from reading to watching a movie, actually way better than watching a film. how you do that? just wow. as always. thank you.

XactoXactoalmost 3 years ago

This continues to be a great story! I can’t wait for the next installment. ❤️

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

Everyone seems to fear Viv setting herself up for failure. So what is she going to find within herself to keep that from happening or does Jane refuse to let her send it up in smoke? Stay tuned right? Of course it could all blow up leaving her in worse shape than she was after Addison. Anticipating the next chapter(s). I definitely want to find out. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks, just brilliant as usual

tx_star_gazertx_star_gazeralmost 3 years ago

Just one word .... more!

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 3 years ago

I loved how you’ve developed Viv’s character from your previous stories. I just hope she develops enough to stay out of her own way. I really enjoy how your setting up the cultural differences between Viv and Jane and looking forward to see what Jane has up her sleeve with her date choice. There’s a lot you have teased us with here, Viv’s family view on homosexually, Jane’s background (there has to be more, it’s too perfect) and more. Your story telling is perfect, love it when I see you’ve posted something new. Can’t wait for more. Thx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another thoroughly enjoyable read. You are amazing. Can't wait to read the next chapter. Thank you.

lilshymynxlilshymynxalmost 3 years ago

11 out of 5, would Journey again. And again. And again.

This story keeps getting better and better, 'Spokes!! Love how you've woven your message through Jane and Viv's burgeoning relationship. Hopefully Viv will believe what Jane has told her where she didn't believe to Addie.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 3 years ago

#JusticeForVivian!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 3 years ago

Re-read this already. and of course I'm google translating the Spanish phrases, just so I get EVERYTHING that's being said. How I wish 05, 6 and 7 were all ready to submit to publication, but I'll try to be patient!

D3liciousnessD3liciousnessalmost 3 years ago

Love these series even more than your other series. Right before the end of the chapter I was thinking I’d like to listen to Viv’s playlist while working today.. thank you for anticipating that!

I expect some drama, but I do hope Viv will at the end realise she is worthy. And I’m sure abuela will be accepting (in a way?) too, because she just wants her (grand-)children to be happy.

Looking forward to the next chapter, thank you!

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonalmost 3 years ago

I was having a hard time getting into Viv, but your writing has given me a few things to think about. If she hadn't appeared as the negative influence in Wheels I would not have been so anti-Viv. I'm learning.

shayneoneshayneonealmost 3 years ago

well done again looking forward to janes date be safe and well a fan shayne

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This support keeps getting better and better! I hope Viv recognizes her worth. Jane seems like a good match for her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love reading your stories. I don't think anyone else on this site delivers such a consistently high quality body of material. For me this is probably the best episode of the current story so far, as now we see Viv and Jane start to form a relationship. (Except Viv still shies away at the mention of that word.) And I like the interaction between them and how they talk about what they are doing. I'm deeply absorbed in this story and there are a number of things that I'd like to comment on.

When I first read chapter one of this story, I was considering making a comment about Viv self-sabotaging her relationship with Adison. Here in Viv's internal monologue we can see the thought processes that could lead to her doing that. Although, to be fair, it was never going to work, and Viv was perceptive enough to see that. I think Viv has grown up a bit since then. In a sense Jane is an opportunity to do things right with someone who is totally available.

I'm also now seeing the best side of Viv. She's smart and insightful, and, when she is not overcome by her hang-ups, she is open and honest, and has a big heart.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

10 stars ..... The spinning wheels in this journey are fabulous ...... Yeah i have been again through all the older stories and the spellbound connected to them for ne ........ You're extraordinary blessed and being confronted with Viv before and here, i missed the lights fun charms from all your other female characters ..... And yes growing up in a minefield and being a kind of outlaw, a immigrant, is truly hard but we can work it out for ourself ...... And so did viv with a little help and turned into a great character, thank you for this hearttouching episode, again ....... Im truly drawn into your web ...... Fabulous

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

AND YES "wheels in motion " or "hard landing " or the journey NEEDING AN EXTENTION ..... You cant hide all the heartfilling wonderful happenings from us ..... Jo Jill Addi Liz Viv Jana and all the friends needs to be on stage here again for, us greedy reader ...... BIG SPOKES your are able to touch people with your gift and so im thankful for you sharing it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh wow.

Well waited for. This chapter was awesome. I really love viv, and Jane, and the two of them dancing together.

LazaranLazaranalmost 3 years ago

.

There were so many "moments" that stuck with me in this chapter. The scene at Viv's abuela's, where I could feel the pain caused by her families lack of unconditional love. and acceptance: The scene at the restaurant when Jane's poorly considered "joke" triggered Viv's insecurities and feelings of inadequacy: The same scene where Viv received Jane's creative and sincere apology text; and accepted it.: The scene at the dance club, where even among "her own people" and in her element, Viv had to be conscious of how she acted with Jane due to some cultural bigotry: And finally the scene in Jane's car, when "the rain delay" led to spontaneous, crazy hot car sex. Each scene was emotionally impactful in its own way, and each contributed to the progress of Viv's journey to a better, more self assured version of herself. A version of herself that knows she is worthy and deserving of Janes unconditional love, and knows how to return it. I love this story.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

WibblyWobblySexyWexyWibblyWobblySexyWexyalmost 3 years ago

I love these characters and this story line. And yet... Is Viv in a perpetual state of disassociation? Because we get to learn what she thinks and what she does without learning how her emotions and body are *feeling*. She sees la profesora blush (a lovely detail) but Viv has no physical or emotional response herself. Butterflies? Stomach flips in anxiety or conflict?

Or maybe I'm projecting? I don't know.

I love what you're doing with your themes and the statements you're making. I hope we get to read more about them both and the ways they experience and interact with the world.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94almost 3 years ago

I was a little huffy when she called Rebel Girl crap but I can deal. Now Bikini Kill is ringing in my head and the world makes sense. Thanks for another chapter.

ArmyGal33ArmyGal33almost 3 years ago

5 stars again, Broken. You’re a damn rockstar.

Side note: Connie could be a road worth traveling down (story-wise).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

.

I agree with ArmyGal about everything, including adding Connie's story to the BGU. Not only was Connie a revelation in her own right, but she also served as an example to Viv of how someone can live out loud and proud. Viv will never be "a Connie", but she could definitely use some of Connie's confidence; especially when dealing with her family. On a side note: I watched the "Rebel Girl" music video after reading the story, and it was incredibly avant garde. It's a fitting anthem for Connie. - Laz

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For some reason, the site has refused to sign me in, apologize for leaving a comment as anonymous. Do we even need to say it? AMAZING AS ALWAYS🚀 Regardless of Viv's self-sabotage, I am happy for her and hopes she finds her peace. Super glad to see Jane again! 💙

fallwatcherfallwatcheralmost 3 years ago

Another amazing chapter. I'm so looking forward to seeing where Viv's journey will go next. She is such an interesting character, simultaneously tough and vulnerable.

BillyslateBillyslateover 2 years ago

Another great chapter in a wonderful story. Have avidly read all your stories, and would have a difficult time in choosing the the best on.

It is nice seeing Viv develop some level of self confidence🎉, however she continues having a long road to travel in improving that area of her life.

Anxiously Anticipating CH. 05!

AshleyyAshleyyover 2 years ago

Amazing I have fallen in love !!! I already see them walking down the ails 😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I need more 😭

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Being a Latina myself, I can see you've built Viv's character to perfection. Loved the crescendo in their relationship. Patiently waiting for next chapter.......5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please chapter 5 I beg of you, I'm so ready to see what happens next

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More please! You made me hate Viv for what she did to Addie. Now you have me realizing I not too dissimilar from with ,y own insecurities. Love all your stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Love This 5*s +

This author is doing an outstanding job of painting vivid pictures in my mind with the descriptive dialog, pulling the reader into the story and making them a part of each scene. The introduction of Jane and her interaction with Viv had Phylicia Rashad's voice in my head more as Dr. Jane but also as girlfriend Jane; both, with her humor and precise and measured speech patterns. I enjoy the author and anticipate updates and additional offerings from this extraordinary imagination. I do have a little problem picturing Phylicia Rashad in bell bottoms tho...

Also, with different computers and browsers, each re-read gets another 5*s. WOOHOO!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 2 years ago

Wow! Such a great story, I loved reading it.

HeartlandHarlotHeartlandHarlotover 2 years ago

Fantastic read. Characters and pacing hit the zone!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Heartwarming ..... Lovely ...... Even slow can be intense ...... Wonderful

ChimeraLoveMeeChimeraLoveMeeover 2 years ago

I absolutely love their dynamic. I've known people like Viv who constantly under estimate themselves and this makes her feel like a real person instead instead of just a character.

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

Oh wow. Yes, my jaw dropped when Lucia Alvarez and the car crash were mentioned. I just read that story. I love the vibe between Connie & Viv. That Connie has a wicked dry sense of humour and good timing. Jane is a sweetheart and I have a horrible sense of foreboding. This is about the point at which your characters do a runner and ghost the lover.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon6 months ago

Interesting piece of foreshadowing when Viv says "Get drunk or high all you want, but stay the fuck away from getting behind the wheel."

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds6 months ago

I’m thrilled! I really like Viv, but her clouded mind worries me. Spokes! You definitely succeed in getting her (and Jane) right. They are trustworthy or realistic individuals. And that makes me personallly engaged in these two wonderful lesbians, even if me being a male. White male I might add. Oh well! I so desperately want their best. I guess there is only one way to find out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
My author friends AwkwardMD and Omenainen's collaborative account AwkwardApple415 have released a new story today, The Most Mysterious Song. Go check it out and show them some love! It's a sweet little tale. ~~~~~~~~~~ Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES