The Knight and the Assassin Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The tall leader of the group responded, "So you are French! King Edward I Longshanks said the assassin was French and was trying to start a war. He also said the female assassin may have a warrior escort."

Sir Louis turned and looked at Landy Blanche. She had a puzzled look on her face but said nothing. Sir Louis turned to address the leader, "We were there during the assassination, but know nothing of any French assassin. I am the escort for Princess Blanche, King Philip's daughter and we are heading back to France. We have not seen any single riders or anyone that looked like an assassin."

The knight felt that something was off but knew detaining a princess of the French court could create tension between the two countries. He started to wave them on but thought better of it and brandished his sword saying, "You must come with me to verify your identity."

Louis gave a furtive glance at Blanche and said to the knight, "Absolutely Sir, lead on."

As he turned to lead them away Lady Blanche and Sir Louis whipped their swords out and attacked the three knights. Sir Louis took on the leader, but he was ready for the attack. The knight and the Chevalier crossed swords with a clash of British and French steel.

Lady Blanche caught her first knight unaware and struck him down immediately, but when she turned towards the remaining knight, he was already charging towards her. She barely managed to block his first swing and his counter jarred her hands as the blades clanged together. She recovered and attacked, managing to wound the knight causing him to fall off his horse.

Blanche glanced at Louis and saw that he was in a fierce battle with the lead knight. She turned back to the wounded knight and saw him running away. She ran him down and skewered him with her blade. As she turned back to Louis, he was trotting towards her with blood on his sword. The leader's riderless horse was following behind him.

They turned together and kicked their horses into a full run. When they were out of the sight of the battlefield, Louis turned and spoke the Blanche, "I thought you said Longshanks and your father agreed to the assassination?"

Lady Blanche had a bewildered look on her face as she replied, "They did. Everything I told you was the truth. All I can think of is Longshanks lied and is using this for some kind retribution against France."

Louis nodded silently, wondering what kind of treachery was afoot. He kicked his horse into a gallop knowing that getting Lady Blanche safely to France was his first and only job.

12