The Knight Errant

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please be reasonable, Sir... you cannot bring back your son, your army has been routed and your lands will probably be ceded back to King Pellinore, owing to High King Arthur's decree that no city in his kingdom be plundered. Please surrender for ransom and give yourself the rest of your life to amend your ways."

"You miserable devil worshiper! No mist, bog or demon will save you from my righteous wrath, be it to my last breath! Die, you fiend!"

In front of the victorious army and the more than thirty wounded who could not flee the field, a silent duel to the death had just begun. Heddwyn stayed his men, ordering them to prevent malfeasance, and prayed for the sake of his daughter's Amor.

On the first charge, Eurig saw that his enemy had lost sight of him in the mist - he would be an easy target - but, owing to the life-or-death stakes, he kept on charging, undeterred. He felt his spear avoid the shield and pierce the armor; a splendid blow from which count Brynmor screamed in pain. But he was an adept horseman and remained mounted, still fit to fight. Twice more they clashed, with Eurig both times the victor, but the scale armor was well-crafted and he did not feel his spear add to the wound. On the fourth clash, the tides of battle turned, as the Count got a good run out of his charger and Eurig was the one misled in the mist; he felt the spear gash his left side, under the shield, and the blow unhorsed him. Cadfael - bless that horse - was unharmed and stayed close to Eurig while Count Brynmor, gloating in satisfaction, was positioning himself to run him down in a final charge. Once again, Eurig was dismissing pain and awaiting a charge with his greatspear. Both fighters had gotten used to the mist and would fight on equal terms. Just before the clash, Eurig closed his eyes to recount his beloved Ceinwen's praise and boasts of his skill with long spears, the imaginary echo of her angelic voice warming his heart. He opened his eyes and trusted with all his might; he avoided his enemy's spear and pierced his armor through the neck plate. Count Brynmor fell from his horse, dead on the spot.

8. The refused betrothal

It was a good thing Heddwyn's manor had a stone foundation; else Ceinwen's pacing would have marked the floor by the time of Meiriona's return to her side. She saw relief in her daughter's eyes, but also anxiety as she knew full well she was not the sight she most dearly wished for. "Mother! Thank the Goddess you are safe!!! How was the battle? And where is everybody? Why are you alone?"

"The battle was a horrible spectacle I wish to never see again in my lifetime, whether on this world or the Otherworld. Most of us are unscathed; Eurig got a minor wound while felling Count Brynmor and, I have to say, you really did not exaggerate that young man's prowess with his greatspear. Your father is comforting the family of one of our own who died during the battle and Eurig is waiting outside the hall for you to speak to him. But I asked to talk to you first and he gallantly accepted."

Ceinwen was relieved and could be patient for her mother's sake. "What is it you wish to talk to me about, mother?"

Meiriona searched for her words, a sight Ceinwen was not used to. "My precious one, your father talked almost continuously to Eurig on the way back. It is obvious both are quite impressed with each other." Ceinwen waited in silence. "He also offered to betroth you."

"Ha haaa! I knew it! I even told Eurig father would do that while he was... resting!" Meiriona flinched at seeing the pure joy beaming from her daughter's face. Ceinwen paused to wonder why.

"Ceinwen, he did not accept." Feeling she was about to shout in incomprehension and fury, Meiriona hurried to try to soothe her. "Please let me go on, daughter! He did not refuse you - which is what your father and I both thought at first - and he made it very clear your curse has nothing to do with his reservations; he explained to us why he could not accept, all the while showering your father with thanks and proclaiming his love and Amor for you."

"Whyyy?" Ceinwen was withholding tears and wanted to rend her beloved Amor limb from limb for complicating things so much.

"For one thing, he said something about first asking his liege permission to marry, for which your father immediately complimented his loyalty and fealty. Of course, knowing your father, I have no doubt that tomorrow at first light, emissaries will leave for Bangor singing the newly written hymns of Eurig's exploits and virtues. The other arguments are the ones he is waiting you for... I do not claim to understand all of them, but I did hear about not marrying you for a kingdom and agreeing to marry for love. He seems very determined on these issues."

"He is... we both are, mother." She was calming down; she recognized her Amor in this talk and felt, once more, hope for their future.

"So you have discussed these things. In the less than three days you spent with him. Do you love him? Or is it just the lust of the Goddess? Or maybe you are blinded by your desire to leave this gilded cage?"

"It is all these things and so much more, mother! I love him; I WANT him; I want to be his wife and travel with him, like he promised; I want to feel safe at his side; I want to feel pretty forever, like I do whenever he looks at me; I want to be worshipped by him, like he already does... mother, I am happy near him!"

"I can see that, daughter... but you are, in fact, very pretty and gifted; are you sure you want to marry your first suitor? There will be others."

"Do you really believe that, mother? My entire life has been curtailed by that member between my legs!" Ceinwen regretted upsetting her mother, who gasped at her words, but the feeling had to vent, like pus from a sore wound. "He saw me mother, ALL of me, and still he risked life and limb to rescue me, for chivalry! He knows I am a pagan who practices faerie arts and still he calls me milady! He looks up to the High King and Queen because they married for love, just like you did, mother! The truth is I love HIM, mother, and I do not wish to wait for another suitor, that might as well never exist and would certainly not be a hero courting me in fine Amor against all odds! And now, I believe I have made him wait for me long enough... can I go to him, please?"

Meiriona wiped her eyes and gave her assent, after kissing her forehead. Ceinwen ran outside as fast as her dress would allow it. Eurig was still there, in armor and in need of a bath once more; he was pressing his wounded side. "Amor of mine, are you alright? Mother told me you were wounded!" She ran up to him and clung to him for dear life, which made him wince.

"It is nothing my Amor cannot heal with a kiss and a song..."

"How can you jest after what took place? I have never seen Mother so upset before. And she told me you wanted us to speak."

"I do. Ceinwen, I love you. But I need to know if it is really me who loves you... and I trust you will not lie."

"You sound a bit dazed and confused, my Amor... maybe you should rest first."

"Am I? I just saw your mother ride a faerie horse more majestic than the depictions of legend; a mist much thicker than this weather warranted; a bog creature drown stragglers, but none of our own. Now, I suppose this could all be explained, or dismissed as coincidences, but I believe that the most convenient explanation is often the correct one. Milady, I believe your mother to be a most formidable woman of the faerie Court... and that is irrelevant to me; except in this: have you trained with her in faerie arts other than healing?"

Now Ceinwen understood where the conversation was heading and she pursed her lips. "Yes..."

"Are you able to alter emotions?"

"Yesss..."

"So I have to know, do I love you, or are you enchanting me to love you. I ask because I have only met you three days ago and I ache for you, I long for you with a desperation I cannot understand. I have waited six years to be a knight and I do not think I will be able to wait six days to marry you... and bed you. I am baffled, milady; and I fear it might not be natural. I pray to God I am wrong."

Ceinwen's heart fluttered and she realized she was holding her breath. "But you are wrong, my Amor. I only used my arts on you... to heal ourselves." A slight omission is no lie, she thought, amused at her cleverness. "You really feel that much passion for me?"

"Enough to go mad, milady! But if you were able to trust me at your most terrified, when we met, I can do no less in my present moment of fear."

"Fear? But... of what can you be so afraid from me?"

Eurig kneeled in front of his Amor and asked the question whose refusal he feared more than death. "Ceinwen, daughter of Heddwyn and Meiriona, heir to the fiefdom of Llyn Llydaw, I have nothing to offer to you but what you already have from me, my heart and my worship. I can only promise you what I already promised, that I will love you forever, for the lone sake of your love, and thank the Lord for everyday spent with you. I love you and want to marry you. Do you also want to marry m..."

"YES! YES! YEEEES! You lovable dolt! Why must you convolute things so! Rise and kiss me, my husband-to-be!" He obeyed his Amor, now his promised, and kissed her. A long kiss, like a conversation between two souls. And Eurig felt not only warmth in his heart, but in his side as well. He already knew that by the end of the kiss he would be healed, just like he had jested. And neither of them would dare stop the kiss, until was heard a very fatherly "ahem..."

Ceinwen leaped in her father's arms and blessed his safe return; she then showered him with girlish kisses for his approval of her husband and ran to tell her mother the news.

"I gather her mother was not successful in bringing her to reason?"

"No, my lord, I am most happy to report that she was not!"

"Well, I for one will be glad to call you son, in due time. When do you leave us for Bangor and your household?"

"I believe I have had enough adventure for one journey, my lord; Also, I fear that the longer I stay here, the more tempted I will be to just run away with her and forsake all that I am. So in truth, my lord, I wish to leave as soon as I can without my Amor scorning me for it..."

"And that will be no time soon, young knight of mine!" Both ladies had emerged from the manor and were at the knights' side now. Meiriona had wet eyes to adorn her smile and Ceinwen was all cheer. She took Eurig's hands in hers and kissed him, without a care that her parents stood right beside them. "I love you so much!"

Eurig looked at her hands and sighed in regret. "Alas, I have no engagement ring to offer you, milady... I am sorry."

Ceinwen laughed at this and replied "ring? This is a mining fiefdom, silly! We make rings! All the time! Don't we, Father?"

"Indeed we do, and I believe it is high time we see to Eurig's share of the battle prize, amongst other things..."

9. The wedding, the bracelet and the choice

"I see them, mother! At last they return!" Ceinwen was fidgeting at her window, elated at finally seeing in the distance the retinue of her father, of which her beloved should be part of. Upon learning of King Pellinore's passing, all the spring plans were altered to allow Heddwyn, Eifion and all other Gomeret landholders to pledge loyalty to King Maelgwynn of Gwynedd, in the court City of Dinasdaron. Not being one to pass up an opportunity to mingle the official with the feudal, Heddwyn took advantage of this trip to meet Sir Eifion le Preux and confirm in person Eurig's loyalty and the friendship of both their households.

When they returned, on a beautiful May afternoon, the fiefdom spontaneously cheered and celebrated the blessed return. Eurig came accompanied by his squire Dwai - who seemed to haul all of Eurig's earthly possessions - his father, one of his elder brothers and sir Eifion. Heddwyn came accompanied by Deiniol of the Bangors, who would officiate the wedding. The latter could not help but comment with great joy the sight of both knights enlacing their beloveds side by side. For their return home, both knights were clad in immaculate scale armor.

Whereas Heddwyn and Meiriona retired to their chambers for some privacy before official duties once more took their toll, Ceinwen grabbed Eurig all to herself and led him to a secluded area near the lake... after all, they had almost eight months of catching up to do; they talked about many things of importance or not, like two young persons in love do. They fed their hearts enough to withstand one more night apart.

The entire fiefdom was invited to the wedding, and almost all of it was in attendance. The gowns of both bride and maid of honor, scintillating with the craftsmanship of the faeries and carried aloft by the breeze - so light were their trains - were the source of gasps of awe and wonder. As befits a bride, she was late, leaving young Eurig to pace, for the endearment and enjoyment of the guests.

At the banquet, they were so often asked for kisses that they barely touched their meal. As neither were dancers of great talent, they kept their wedding dance simple but elegant, after which the festivities truly bloomed, the men laughing aloud and shouting in between tales of glory and bravado, the women gossiping, flirting and rivaling for attention and compliments. Later in the evening, Eurig was almost sorry to leave, but as much as he reveled in such merriment, he desired his wife more. He grabbed her and carried to their new stilt house, built in the middle of the crannog according to their wishes. She was mockingly resisting and was calling for help, in between her constant fits of laughter.

Ceinwen was still in Eurig's arms, in front of their bed, and for the first time she was a little fearful of him, upon seeing the hunger and the lust in his eyes. "Please, my darling husband, lay me on our bed so we can perform a final task together before consuming our union." She could feel his hardness and feel his arousal while he did so. Her eyes full of hope, she presented him a magnificently crafted leather bracelet, etched with several runes and adorned with as assortment of precious stones. "This is our wedding gift from Mother, my love, and I am to wear it tonight and forever afterwards."

"It is very lovely, my darling wife, but I feel there is more to it than meets my eye."

"Indeed..." Ceinwen was now choked with emotion and was withholding tears. "...this bracelet, once I wear it, will break my curse and turn me into a complete woman. It is a gift that was enabled by your acceptance and generosity, so I thank you." Ceinwen then set about wearing the bracelet, breathing deeply owing to the enormity of the moment.

"NO!!!" Ceinwen, startled, looked in shock at a frantic Eurig who had grabbed, almost violently, her wrist. He had a look of terror on his face and was obviously looking for his words.

"Eurig? We are married now, and I am to be your woman... I want to bear our children. Why do you delay this?"

"Please... let me gather my wits... we have all our life... and for starters, you ought to know that you ARE my woman. We will be many things to the world, and one day, you will be even my liege - we will discuss that topic later - but right now, in our privacy, you will always be my woman and I want no more privilege than to be your man... I am yours, my beloved."

"And I yours... very well, I can wait; gather your thoughts and say what you must..."

"Very well... here goes... when you told me your story, you mentioned your curse was repayment for a debt of defiance..."

"Yes..."

"Is the debt fully repaid?"

"I do not understand, my love."

"For that bracelet to do what you claim, it is obviously endowed with a very powerful spell. What if that spell, as part of the payment, also claims your heavenly voice? Your so perfect skin? Your mother's life?"

"Eurig!"

"I apologize! I should not speak so freely when I am so afraid! But, even if I do not understand magic, I do understand the stakes. Ceinwen, I married you for love, and I love YOU... just as you are. I am not willing to risk losing any part of you, of this so perfect you, unless it is something you absolutely want." Ceinwen was awed by the intensity of Eurig's emotion: that veteran of bloody battle was cowed in fear in front of her, almost to tears.

"But, my love... even though you keep on proving your love in so many ways, what other choice do we have?" Both were calming now, and Eurig regained gradually coherence in his wits.

"Would you let me wear it instead?"

"Eurig!!!"

"Think about it... I do not have any debt to the Goddess; we could bear children; a graceful solution, no?"

"Noooo!!! I love YOU, you silly dolt! YOU, Christian knight, hero, veteran, hunter, smelly errant, and..." Ceinwen paused, as a great truth dawned upon her, and she curled into a ball and started crying on his lap.

Eurig softly caressed her hair and her shoulders, marveling at their softness. He kept on going, lest he became distracted with her beauty. "I feel the exact same way, my darling wife... so unless you absolutely want to wear this gift, I beg you not to. And do not wear it for my sake or under some sense of obligation... tonight, for both of us here, we have none but to love one another."

"But how will we dooo thaat?" She was not arguing... Eurig felt he did carry his point and inwardly sighed in relief.

"I believe we were doing fine when we met... you had me under your spell in less than a day! In fact, I would like to ask about that."

"What NOOOW?" She was sounding exasperated and Eurig tried to get to his point quickly.

"Do you remember our night together and my dream of happiness?"

"...Yeees." No, she could not lie. Certainly not to him and not now.

"Well, since I missed you so much during the winter months, that dream came back, snippets at a time, but with some clear details... my love, was that really a dream?"

"Nooo... I'm sorryyy!" Now she was worried and cringed.

"Don't be! My love! Don't you see? We can indeed be as one, in our own way, and we ought to stop wasting time and proceed with loving and holding until death do us part... I did promise you that, after all!" And Eurig had no intention of letting his wife reply and gently pushed her back down on the bed so he could lie at her side and kiss her, with all his passion. He could, at long last, caress her freely, palm and feel the perfect curves of her ravishing body, rejoice in the smoothness of her skin. It seemed to Ceinwen that each and every caress was punctuated by an "I love you" and a jolt of feeling rushing through her and rendering her powerless to resist him. Maybe she was never cursed in the first place, to be so loved...

"Oh, Eurig! I love you so..." and she grabbed his cheeks and kissed him back, probing deep in his mouth with her tongue and all the while moving on top of him. She stopped all of a sudden and rose, on her knees over him and looking at him with burning lust and quick breaths. "Eurig, my man, do you want to relive the dream, for real?" She could feel his sex rubbing on her buttocks and she enjoyed the tingling, swaying them to increase the feeling.

Eurig answered while caressing, palming, pinching her offered breasts, to her wanton delight. "Yes! Oh, yes! But in a moment... you are so beautiful I want to taste all of you, all at once... I am witless in front of you!"

Ceinwen kept rubbing her arse on his member and replied, with her divine voice suddenly hoarse "I am no better while seeing you in all your glory, my love!" And she plunged down to kiss him again, her hands all over him. It was then that their sexes both frotted for the first time, by accident, but the wave of bliss that came from that contact had them both scream instantly into their kiss. And neither wanted to do anything else than keep on discovering that expression of love. They kept on kissing, caressing and humping one another, with each rub bringing its own assault on their senses, possessing them. Both their sexes were big and hard and a source of such pleasure they lost themselves in their unique coupling. As they moaned in pleasure, they rubbed faster until, out of control, both had to stop the kiss to let free the climax of their bliss. "Ooooohhhh! Euriiiig! so Gooooood!"