The Knight Errant

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eurwen was mortified by the news and noticed her sister kneeling to her. "Anwen, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!"

"Do not anger, sister, as I am sure you feel it as clearly as I do. They are all gone and you know full well about the patents our beloved parents left for us: I will ever be your devoted and loving sister, but you are now my liege. Shall I lead this valorous knight to Glaslyn?" The elder sister was aghast.

"...Yes, dear sister, do so... and please return promptly. Sir Griflet speaks with wisdom and we must also see to our own in these coming dark times."

Anwen prepared herself with all due haste and, upon leaving with her toward the Lake, Griflet Le Fise Dieu bid Eurwen his farewell. "My thanks, milady, and my gratitude. The chivalry of your house would have done King Arthur proud." Eurwen then retired to the manor to sob in privacy. She knew it would be her only opportunity to do so and took full advantage of it.

Upon the return of the wounded and the stragglers, the presage both sisters felt was confirmed: Eurig, his two sons Carwyn and Gruffud, Dwai and several others all fell at the battle of Camlann, the last battle. During her eulogy, to the entire fiefdom present, Eurwen reminded all, with the fiery eloquence she inherited from her mother, that the line of Eurig de Gomeret ended alongside the end of the chivalry and romance exemplified by the High King he admired so. She found that fitting and hoped her parents were now together, either in the Otherworld or in Heaven, free to love each other for all time. She now exhorted her people to put their tasks and hearts into keeping the ways and the freedom of the kingdom of Gwynedd.

That kingdom remained independent for another seven centuries.