All Comments on 'The Last Bride of Gallowglass Hall'

by coldcomfort

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really good story! Vampires are by far my favourite monster so it was a pleasant surprise to see them as I didn’t check this stories tags. If I may shoot out a weir idea, please consider a story about a traveler who stumbles upon a manor in a blizzard, he’s taken in by the lady of the house, the heiress and quickly builds a rapport but gets a sense something isn’t right as the few servants there are ominous and the manor creeps him out. She lets him wait out the winter so long as he helps out and run errands. The town nearby lives in fear and avoids him when he reveals said affiliation except one old man who tells him to flee. People disappear of a night. Turns out she’s a Vampire. She takes a liking to said guy and plans to create heirs and restore her house using him to create Dampyres (a real part of vampire mythology, essentially humans who inherited a few gifts through their vampire lineage such as being unable to be hypnotised, they can sense the supernatural and are immune to most of vampires powers. I’m some rare instances it’s claimed some could understand animals but most legends don’t have that) essentially ensuring her bloodline. Just a dumb idea I had I thought you may be interested in. Hope you dig it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story but I would loved to see more torment and vengeance for the husband and his true love.

inkainkaabout 2 years ago

An inspiring and well done piece! Thank you for this story, Cold Comfort!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Different, but good. A somewhat fan of horror, I am not sure how i feel about this one. The story is well told and travels through the storyline smoothly. Well written. The husband's character could be developed a bit more to explain his alienation of his bride. The character of the bride is excellent. overall, a very entertaining and satisfying tale. DWH

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercoldcomfort@coldcomfort
Daydreamer, Procrastinator and very occasional writer. Any feedback, comments or contructive abuse very welcome. I would quite like to get better at this. I think you can guess my interests from the nature of my stories but I am wanting to branch out and spread my wings a l...