The Last Word

Story Info
What if Suzie picked up Moriah at a bar - Alternate Universe.
8.9k words
4.68
2.8k
7

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 03/05/2024
Created 07/15/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Suzie!" My friend spoke as we sat down, claiming a booth. "Thank you so much for coming out with me! I needed to get wasted today."

"Any time, Stace."

I walked to the bar, then tried to flag down the bartender.

"What'd you like?" the bartender said in my direction.

"Two martinis!" I shouted.

He frowned, then dismissed me with his hand, towards the woman next to me. Her androgynous figure cut a striking image. The hair on the top of her head was longer, and styled in loose curls going everywhere -- not quite masculine nor feminine.

Her button down was open halfway down her chest, and I could see the beginnings of small breasts. Jewelry was draped over her neck and wrists, and rings adorned her thumb and index finger. The way she looked at me was sexy, self-assured and straight into my eyes. 

I forgot what I was doing for a moment.

"I'll have a sidecar and two martinis for..." she said, then raised her eyebrows at me, her lovely face stressed her jaw line -- it popped out so cute.

"Suzie, but you don't have to do that."

"Please, Jimmy here gets me a great discount. And no bottom shelf swill today, Jimmy. I'm not in the mood."

"Fine. Fine." 'Jimmy' started to prep the drinks.

The woman smiled as she shook my hand. "Hi! I'm Moriah."

"Thanks," I said quietly. "How come you get a discount?"

"I source fresh fruit and homemade liqueurs for them."

"Ah, that's cool. Is that what you do for a living?"

"No, actually. I'm an author, but a girl's gotta have hobbies, right?"

She smiled a huge, brilliant smile at me. It felt like she was overjoyed just to be having a conversation with me, but I couldn't be sure if she wasn't that way all the time, and with everyone.

Her gaze was electrifying in the way that when you touch a live wire, your muscles clench harder and it doesn't let you get away, but I wanted more than just her gaze. I asked her the first thing that came to mind just to keep her talking. "So, why aren't you in the mood for bad tequila today?"

"Brandy, but I'm just not. Jimmy likes to play this game with me where I try to figure out what crap liquor he puts in my drink. One time he put jalapeño juice in my dirty martini instead of olive juice and I didn't speak to him for a week."

I laughed at that.

Jimmy came back with our drinks. "Enjoy, ladies. Give a shout if you need anything else!"

"Thanks," Moriah murmured. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Suzie! Hope to see you around again!"

"Me too!" I feigned nonchalance, but was sad I didn't have more time with her.

A woman came up to us, then got in her space. "Oh! Drinks! What a good idea! I'm so thirsty, Mor." Her voice was cloying. I didn't care for it.

I saw the uncomfortable look on Moriah's face, then took a second look at the woman draping herself over her. Her clothes didn't fit her, and her makeup clashed with both her facial structure and her outfit. I got a whiff of too much perfume.

"Izzy! Get off!" She forcefully squeegeed the woman off her body. "Get a drink if you want. By yourself." She widened her eyes at me, making my mouth pull to one side.

"Darling, who is this?" I asked quietly.

She smiled briefly. "This is Izzy. I'm not quite sure why she's invading my personal space."

"Hm..." I wedged myself between the woman and Moriah. Moriah slipped her arms around me, resting them on my belly. I placed my arms lightly over her forearms. "Nice to meet you, Izzy." 

"Let's go sit down, sweets." She rumbled her deep voice in my ear. Her warm breath caressed the side of my face.

"Okay." I pushed away from the bar. She stopped to grab our drinks. 

"Okay!" the woman -- 'Izzy' -- cried out. "I'll see you later, Mor!" 

We got a little further away, then Moriah let out a breath. "Geez. Thanks for that! You saved me about thirty minutes of trying to explain I'm not interested."

"You should probably learn to be more assertive, then..." I said lightly.

"Yeah, maybe."

We got to our table. Stacey looked at Moriah curiously.

"Stace, this is Moriah. She got us our drinks."

"Wow! Thank you! Come join us!" Stacy gestured at our vinyl booth.

"No, thank you! I need to call it a night." She dropped her voice to a conspiratorial murmur. "Especially with you-know-who around."

I giggled.

"Enjoy your night, you two! Be safe and don't hesitate to drop my name with Jimmy tonight."

"Will do! Thank you!" I shouted excitedly, cocking my head.

"No, thank you!" She smiled her wonderful smile. I admired her laugh lines and her pronounced dimples -- two long, lovely lines.

"Welcome." 

I neared her, then placed my hand on her side while I air kissed on the side of her face.

She was so cute and didn't know how to air kiss -- at least with me, I desperately wanted to think. She brushed her cheek against mine a little too warmly. She took a little breath as she pulled back. "I guess I could stay until I finish my drink at least..." 

I smiled my own unbridled smile at her. Her eyes twinkled so lovely, like candlelight.

I sat in the vinyl horseshoe and she followed me in.

"So, Stacey!" Moriah said. "What do you do?"

"I'm a nurse at the hospital on Brightridge."

"Cool! Must be hard on your schedule though."

Stacey perked up and spooled up a long explanation about what she needed to do to stay awake on her crazy shifts. Moriah nodded at the appropriate times and asked some more questions. I admired her sharp jawline as she spoke. Her hands moved as she did, and the bracelets on her wrists jangled.

After a bit, Jimmy sidled up to our table and grinned at us. "Mo! Would you and your friends like some food or drinks?" He made a point of gesturing to Stacey, specifically.

"Um... maybe some fries? And another martini?" Stacey spoke sweetly.

"You got it!" He zoomed off after smiling widely. 

I looked at Moriah. She had her lips pursed together. When she looked at me, she raised her eyebrows quickly, then downed the rest of her drink.

"It was lovely to meet you both. I hope you have a nice rest of your evening. Stacey, I feel you need a day or two off. Get yourself some 'me time!' Take care of yourself, dear."

"Thank you, Mo," Stacey replied. "Good night."

Moriah turned to look at me. "Nite nite, Suzie Q." She smiled lopsidedly.

"Nite," I answered.

She stood up, then started to walk away. I ran after her to run my hand down her back and get her attention. She turned around, immediately smirking at me. 

"Hi, can I help you?"

"I -- you're leaving?" 

"Listen, sounds like your friend is hurting," she took a breath, "so as hot as you are, I'd rather not start anything today. Sorry to be so blunt, but your friend just got outta a relationship, right?"

"Yeah." 

"Okay, so I will see you again, and will leave you alone today."

I pouted. "Okay. Yeah."

"I hope she feels better," she said sadly.

"Thanks. Goodnight."

She smiled at me, then stepped closer. She got in my space then circled her arms around me. She palmed up and down my back, finally pressing me into a kiss. I held her arms as she clutched me securely.

It was soft, despite the noise. It was careful and deliberate. My lips folded into her mouth, and it sent shocks down my body. I almost forgot she was leaving, and just gripped her harder, kissing her some more.

She pushed me away and chuckled lowly. "Bye, Suzie. It was nice to meet you."

"Bye."

She smiled reluctantly one last time, then stepped out of the club.

I ambled back to my table, then breathed deeply to get her fucking sexy breath out of my head.

I sat down with Stacey, then stole some of her fries, dipping them in ketchup.

She paused for all of three seconds, then asked what I knew she was going to. "So? Who the hell was that?"

"Moriah."

"Come on! It's my night! You can't keep juicy gossip away on MY night!"

I laughed evilly. "I'm sorry, it was just kind of fast and I don't know if she's actually--"

"Pshaw!" Stacey took a giant gulp of her martini. "Don't be dense." 

"She was kind of cute, huh?" I grinned.

"Damn hot! I'm not into girls, but damn!"

I giggled some more as I bounced in my seat.

"You're a terrible friend for breakups, you know that?" She accused.

I felt guilty for a moment, but she didn't actually fault me for flirting a bit. I'd been through a lot worse clubbing with her.

"Sorry, babe," I said placatingly. "I'm all yours now. Wanna dance?"

"Yes!"

"Okay! Finish your drink and we'll go shimmy it up."

Stacey got increasingly more needy as the night wore on.

All our favorite songs came on, and she ground against me as she looked towards the bar and Jimmy every so often.

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" she screamed at me an hour later.

"I LOVE YOU, TOO!" I shouted back. "LET'S GO HOME!" She was getting close to blacking out.

"OKAY!"

Before we took off, I checked in with Jimmy to settle our bill. 

"Aw, you're good! Have a good one!" with that, he simply walked away.

"Wait!" I followed him down the bar, then wedged myself between two groups to hear him. "What do you mean?"

"Mo footed your bill for tonight," he said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"No!" I insisted. "We're paying for ourselves!"

"Oh. Okay." He floated over to the register.

I stood there, waiting for him to ring me up.

"Okay, I lied," he said suddenly.

"What?"

"I just never see Mor buy drinks for someone or spend the night chatting with them. So, you know..." 

I gaped at him. "So? What? You thought putting a $100 bill on her would romance her?" I knew they were friends, but his logic was way off.

"Well, yeah. I thought I'd call you later to settle the bill if anything, or Mo would be absolutely besotted with you if you randomly used her tab."

"WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?" I was starting to realize why Moriah was so upset with Jimmy so much. 

"I really think she would find it cute if you used her tab!" he argued.

"No! That's, like, psychotic! Just charge my damn card!"

"Okay! Okay. Geez!" He took my card and swiped it, charging everything minus the two martinis Mor got us.

I spent the night with Stacey, and we made sure to gorge on ice cream before the night was out for old time's sake.

----

A few weeks later, Stacey called me on a Saturday, apparently feeling a little calmer. "Hi! Wanna go back to Feu Noir bar tonight?"

"Sure!" I accepted readily since I'd been looking for an excuse to go back, but drinking by myself hadn't come up... yet.

We showed up late that night, and I couldn't help but wear my hottest outfit. Just in case.

We sat at the same booth as last time -- not by accident. We were both a little distracted, just making small talk here and there. 

Jimmy came up to our booth to take our order.

"What can I get you?" he asked. "Stacey, right? And Suzie?" He asked.

"Yes! Good memory!" Stacey said teasingly. "I'd be even more impressed if you knew what I was going to order, though." 

"Fries, ranch, and a martini?"

"Wow! Yes! Psychic powers!"

He did a little flourish with his hand. I laughed, but my eyes roamed the club, searching.

"She's not here today," Jimmy said, proving he did have psychic powers. "Moriah only comes on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays."

"Oh! Okay. Thanks. I'll take a sidecar, Jimmy."

"You got it! Anything else?"

"That's it. And Jimmy, no bottom shelf."

He laughed heartily as he walked away.

"Is that why you said yes so fast today?" Stacey accused me. "You wanted to see the butch cutie-pie again?"

"Maybe." I smiled coyly. "I don't think she's exactly butch though."

"Have you seen how many tattoos she has?"

"Yeah, but she dresses kind of -- elegantly. And a tiny bit feminine too. Maybe andro would be a better term."

Stacey shrugged. Her eyes lit up when Jimmy came back, though. 

"Here you are, ladies! Enjoy! Can I get you anything else?"

"Maybe another drink while you're at it?" Stacey flirted unabashedly. "We're planning on having a long night."

"My pleasure." He grinned, and his white smile shone through his thick brown beard.

She checked him out as he left.

"You're one to talk," I remarked.

"Hm?" She smiled my way.

"Geez, Stace, you don't waste any time, do you?"

She raised an eyebrow, then mimicked a phone ringing. She picked up the invisible headset and put it to her ear. "Oh, yes! Hello? Pot? Yes, I know I is black."

I put my hand over my mouth, then giggled so much, my face started to redden.

After I got control again, I took my martini glass in my hand and raised it her way. "To getting laid!" 

She laughed and clinked her glass with mine. "To getting thoroughly fucked!" she countered.

"Ha! To getting thoroughly fucked then!" We each took a sip to herald in a very interesting series of events.

We went a little wild that night and hit the dance floor pretty hard. I was working at least sixty hours on a good week, and she was a nurse with crazy hours. She'd just gotten through signing the last of her divorce papers a couple of months prior, and if we wanted to let loose one day here or there, we knew we could call each other.

We'd been dancing off and on for about a half hour when, all of a sudden, I looked over from the dance floor to see Moriah leaning against the bar and chatting with Jimmy.

Damn it, I immediately thought to myself. I'm way too tipsy to talk with her -- but also way too tipsy to resist going over.

I got close to Stacey's ear so she could hear me over the music. "Let's get a drink." 

"Okay!"

We walked to where Moriah and Jimmy were standing, then I heard a quiet "Oh..." from next to me. "That's why we're getting drinks."

As I approached Moriah, she made eye contact, and warmth flooded through my body, I could feel my blood rushing everywhere.

I felt the fabric of my dress with unbelievable sensitivity. The way she was looking at me made each square inch of it caress my skin as if she was already touching me. She kept speaking with Jimmy and smiling, but I felt her eyes as they roved over my body.

"Hi!" I smiled brightly as I hopped on the stool next to her.

"Hi!" She smiled lopsidedly. "You two having fun?"

"Lots!" 

"Good! Hi, Stacey! How you been?"

"Good! Thank you, Moriah!"

Moriah nodded and turned to look at me again. I swallowed my arousal and waded through my foggy mind to say something. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"Jimmy said he had an emergency shortage of maraschino liqueur and limoncello. So... I came running." She looked at Jimmy, and he studiously polished a beer glass.

"Here! Try for yourselves the genius that is our Moriah." Jimmy poured two shot glasses for us each. He filled one with the cloudy, faintly yellow limoncello, and the other with a transparent, viscous liquid.

I tasted the limoncello first, and widened my eyes. "Wow! That's amazing!" 

"Thank you! It was a lot of work to get it to taste like that." She smiled, then gestured to Jimmy to serve her some, too. She sipped at the proffered glass and swirled it in her mouth. I admired the shape of her mouth as she did so.

Stacey chatted quietly with Jimmy as she tasted the free liqueurs. 

"Try the other one." She pointed at the maraschino one.

I grimaced. "Um... I don't really like that."

"Have you had it before?" 

"Yeah, it has a pretty bad aftertaste. It might be good if it was a tiny bit in a cocktail, but I don't really know about--" I didn't want to insult her, but the memory of the last time I had the drink was indelibly etched in my mind as something horrible I didn't want to go through again.

"Have you had mine, though?"

"No."

"Well..." she offered with a shrug.

"Fine. Just for you." I made a face as I brought it to my lips.

It really was thick, almost like a syrup. The first taste was cloying, but then I tasted the notes of cherry bleed through, then felt just a slight buzzing on my tongue. It tasted like candy. I wouldn't mind having a little more.

"Oh! That's pretty good!"

She pursed her lips in amusement. "I should hope so. Would you like a drink with that? Just to help you fall a little further in love with maraschino liqueur?"

"Sure!"

"Cool. Jimmy, do you mind?" She stepped around the bar, then behind it. 

"Sure. Just don't make drinks for customers, please. I can't handle the compliments you get, you fucker."

She raised her hands up. "You're the boss, Jimbo."

He growled at her nickname for him. I giggled, then changed stools so I could watch her better.

"Okay, so I'm going to make you the best cocktail in the world. But it does pack a punch... so maybe just sip it and toss the rest."

"It's against my religion to toss a drink," I said cheekily.

She chuckled at me while she brought the bottles over to the bar.

"So, what's in it?" I folded my hands together and bounced in my seat.

"Gin, Chartreuse, lime, and the maraschino."

"Sounds simple enough." 

"Ah! But what you don't know is that this is the most rebellious drink you can have."

I laughed. "Why is that?"

"This is a prohibition drink. So that means you had to get gin -- sorry, this explanation is kind of long. Are you sure you wanna hear more?"

"Sure!" I spun in my stool, and ended clapping my palms on the glossy wood of the bar counter. "Tell me ALL about your historic cocktail."

She smiled widely as she kept pouring and shaking.

"I'll take one, too, thank you!" Jimmy shouted from down the bar.

"Sure thing, Jimbo!" She widened her eyes at me. "Gotta keep him happy if I want free booze." 

"I thought you said it was discounted..." I mentioned.

"Oh, well... discounted 100%." She smiled coyly at me. "So, imagine, ladies and gentlemen holed up in a tiny brick salon, smoke thick in the air, and homemade gin and whiskey flowing as they spit on the 18th amendment.

"The voice of a crooner in the corner made the wine flow faster, and doing it all in secret made everything so thrilling and delicious."

I looked at her hands as she worked. I could almost hear the sexy song sung slowly by a man in a dark suit, a glass of whiskey in his hand and a cigarette in the other -- almost. In truth, I heard a thumping rhythm in the background of the club.

She set a green drink in a coupe glass down in front of me on a black cocktail napkin. It had brandied cherries speared on a little plastic sword, and a swirl of lime impaled on the side. She kept serving more glasses, giving one each to Jimmy and Stacey.

She came around from behind the bar and took the stool next to me. I angled my body towards her as she drew a little closer. 

I rested my hands one over the other and stared at her. "So, this is the rebel, magical drink that's going to make me fall in love?" I teased as I looked in her eyes.

The corner of her mouth pulled up a little. "Fall in love... with maraschino liqueur, yes."

"That's what I meant." I picked up my drink, and she did the same with hers. We clinked them together.

I took a sip. She wasn't kidding; the drink was stiff. It was flowery with the gin, sour with the lime juice, herbal with the chartreuse, and ended sweetly on the tongue. It tasted like naked caresses -- bright and full of emotion.

She sipped too, and looked to see my reaction. "Thoughts?"

"It's okay..." I hedged.

She raised her eyebrow and waited.

I relented. "Okay, fine! It's unbelievable!"

"That's better."

"It tastes like--" I almost said what I actually thought, but stopped myself. I was already too tipsy to speak with her with any semblance of restraint.

"Like what?" she prompted.

"Like sex--" I hid my face in my hands as I heard her low chuckle.

"That good?"

"It's definitely my new favorite drink." I peeked at her through my fingers. She was just watching me with a dopey smile. I could still feel my cheeks burning.