All Comments on 'The Leader'

by Montgomery Quinn

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
CreepyDragonCreepyDragonover 3 years ago
I cried

I admit it. I cried. Your story was so loving, and her death so tragic I cried. Please continue the story, I want to hear about his children, or if they can find a way to bring Chit back.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Very moving , but very very sad.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanover 3 years ago

I understand you needed a real reason to kill the king but damn that was sad.

AZTT2AZTT2over 3 years ago

Truly spectacular story

MajesticJMajesticJover 3 years ago
A good follow up

Though I think you went a little overboard on the harem. How many freaking wives does this guy need anyways? I really could have done without the lizard bird things and why is the lesbian couple all into him? I thought it was wise (though sad) to not let the group get through a major conflict unscathed. Without real risk to the characters you aren’t going to have real tension and drama.

rayironyrayironyover 3 years ago
Very strong, sucked us along,

Good enough to make me forget the election for a while.

Montgomery QuinnMontgomery Quinnover 3 years agoAuthor

Dear readers,

Thank you for your comments. I feel I need to speak out a moment here. Everything is planned. Everything happens for a reason. There are two more books planned to finish this series and this book sets up for future novels. And specifically for MajesticJ: there's no correct answer to 'how many freaking wives does this guy need anyways?' I've at least a few more planned. But really, who knows? Hahaha

Regardless, thanks for reading!

Average Joe

Birdstheword1Birdstheword1over 3 years ago
Well done

It was a fantastic story that was very captivating but I couldn't give it the 5 stars when it ends on a heartbreaker like that. Great story but what a way to end.

It's like running the whole 26 miles and winning the LA marathon only to get hit by a car and paralyzed at the finish line. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

BadbeagleBadbeagleover 3 years ago

Another well crafted tale. Continue on, and in Chits memory may the Elves fall.

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

O my Bloody Wow, Top Ten story on all of Literotica as far as I am concerned!!!!!

ender2k2kender2k2kover 3 years ago
That was awesome

I look forward to the next book. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hungering Gods

That one HURT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The first book was so much better. Three fourth of this book has the repeated tale of how one or another woman has decided that the protagonist would be her husband, and how he is completely clueless about it, then how he is somewhat not very willing (wouldn't do to look eager, would it?), and then how he somehow accepts another new wife or two anyway. There is no variation, no ingenuity, no spice. Just a bland repetition. I am not opposed to accumulating a big harem of hot and exotic wives, but there has to be some life in the story. The first book had it, but this one is very plain. It was kind of interesting near the end. Hopefully the next two books you mentioned would be better reads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

A little annoyed you killed off Chit, I liked her. Absolutely wonderful story though. I had to go back and reread the beast. Thank you so much for posting!

2sharrj2sharrjover 3 years ago
excellent

the sequel was treat to watch. though I believe story got stagnated in the middle, it did pick up really well towards the end. no one likes to see favorite character die, but guess it is what it is. Good luck on next story, hope to read them soon

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Yes

Yes, you've written a wonderful tale, and adventure. So sad at the loss of Chit, but it could have been more. Five Stars just don't seem enough. Thank you for this storey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome

What a great book. Literally read the entire thing at once. I couldn't put it down. Such a sad ending to such a powerful book!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

This actually made me cry hahah what a great sequel!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story!

I hope you continue this story. Your guy collects wives faster than the Three Square Meals guy! Again, awesome story!

Montgomery QuinnMontgomery Quinnover 3 years agoAuthor

That'd be John Blake from three square meals. Authors name is Tefler, he does excellent writing and I wholeheartedly recommend his work

Maximillion_VentresMaximillion_Ventresover 3 years ago

Great work. You deserve that award.

Timtom12Timtom12over 3 years ago

Your apology at the beginning was a terrible spoiler, and I cried at the end. You're an amazing writer.

Timtom12Timtom12over 3 years ago

Birdstheword1, loss is necessary is a good story, the MC and party can't be invulnerable, what's the point in the story then?

pearlygrlpearlygrlover 3 years ago
Chit

I gave you 5 stars because it really is GREAT story telling. Took your advice and read the Beast 1st and then Leader - all in a matter of hours - I really enjoyed it! I would tell you - don't give away the surprise in your pre-comments, it took away from the impact of the deed. BTW - I'm writing this 3 days after finishing the 1st time - I've been thinking about it that much. I understand that you needed an extreme event to drive the ending - I don't like that writers feel the need to kill off beloved characters to drive plot ....... but I can't write so what do I really know.

Again, amazing story but a couple of questions; Was Ita at Phaslo's and in on the avenging? What happened to Honej?

Very much looking forward to the next two installments including the scenes with each of his new wives that haven't happened yet. Thanks for writing!

jallen3451jallen3451over 3 years ago

Great Read!!!

Can’t wait for the next chapter!!

QueijadaQueijadaover 3 years ago
5*

Just read the beast and this story in quick succesion and freaking loved it! Here's hoping for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent!

Great story. Had me riveted. Greetings from South Africa.

yuramwagyuramwagabout 3 years ago

Wow I have nothing to say that was well told thanks really appreciate your work 5 🌟 as always

LoveDeniedLoveDeniedabout 3 years ago

Holy crap! That ending had me in tears. I hope you have the next installment in the works. I'm totally invested in these characters. So glad I happened upon these stories. Who needs sleep when you can't stop reading to see what happens next?! Obviously not me. Keep up the good work!!

Messy112Messy112about 3 years ago

Too many wife's just confused things and suppers the characters of previous wife's. Max it should be 5-6, just not the guards also. And for the death I m sure you have something to resurrect her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic, riveting. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story and I hope there will be more from you.

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellalmost 3 years ago

I feel the sequel was every bit as wonderful as the original. I especially like the relatively fast resolution to the Elf problem. Wonderful imagination with the other species.

My only critique is that you expand the wives a little too quickly. One or maybe two well drawn out additions per chapter would be perfect in my opinion. Here's hoping more problems arise from the west.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

pantastic

need more

please!

mharrisonmharrisonalmost 3 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story (apart from loosing Chit :( ). Very well written and very hard to stop reading (even when well onto the early hours...).

Many thanks for sharing with us - looking forward to reading more of your work and possibly a follow on to this chapter ???

txcrackertxcrackerover 2 years ago

What he said mharrison

thanks for the read 5*'s

txcracker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's always hard to loose a main character, especially one that so helped organize and maintain the team. However, it often precedes the galvanization that causes transcendence of purpose.

We've had The Beast, now The Leader, perhaps the next chapter should be The King?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a great read. I hope to see another chapter. one of the best I have read so far. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Favorite author on this site, I spent the whole day just reading this the second I found it. You write the relationships so well, it’s a brilliant change of pace. The Tolkien references did not go unappreciated either. Thank you for sharing your work with the world, it’s obviously a great passion of yours and I hope you continue with this story and writing in general.

BriteStudioMKMBriteStudioMKMover 2 years ago

Wow…way to rip my god damned heart out man. I mean it was at least a warrior’s death and all but FUCK.

Guess I’m off to read the sequel now but damn do my tears sting. I’m guessing Honej will be the next bad guy but I’m largely wondering what will be done with the elf kingdom now that it has a dead king.

Revolution on the horizon? Perhaps.

Do I wish I could give you more than 5 stars! Absolutely.

Will I continue to be your fan? You’re mother fucking right I will

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Man, I read this series in a strange order. I saw The King in New Submissions and read it multiple times, not knowing it was part of the Beast series until I saw a comment that referenced previous stories. I was already familiar with most of your work, so going through your submissions again let me know what those previous stories were.

So I then read Beast a few times, but was hesitant to read Leader because I knew how it ended. But I finally did, and I am glad I did. This is a very good series that I expect to reread regularly.

Now to reread King again with fresh eyes and additional context.

TayJK

tayjk42 at gmail

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Tears, sadness. But thank you for the story which I loved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Halfway through page 1... racial studies? Literature, maths...and Racial studies? Pardon my sarcasm, but do they spend a semester discussing how mind flayers are just misunderstood, oppressed beings, forced to live in a society deliberately structured to discriminate against beings who survive by consuming the brains of other intelligent beings? (An example. I'm aware mindflayers probably don't exist in this world)

I enjoy the worldbuilding aspects of stories like this, so I pay attention to sections discussing improvements to society, education, architecture, etc, etc. Unless "racial studies" consists of classes explaining the differences and different abilities and vulnerabilities of the various races, then it's an incredibly ridiculous subject to make mandatory, especially in a fantasy realm.

Loving this series, and I'll keep reading, this sentence just threw me for a loop.

OpenWordsOpenWordsabout 1 year ago

God damn it. Thank you for such a magnificent story. Now I have to heal my heart.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Brilliant!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love the story, very well written, but the endless wives are over the top. I’m too invested to stop now, so I’ll keep reading, but what began as a lovely poly trio has quickly become a full blown harem. Every time he meets another one I just laugh because it’s so ridiculous. I will miss Chit, though.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkey5 months ago

@ Anon - Re: Racial Studies?

I'm assuming a racial studies class would be educating the populace about the races, how many there are, where they come from and how they live. What their families are like, who their natural enemies are, what they eat and what they avoid. Just basic information about different races so that they'd be forewarned before encountering said races. You brought up mindflayers, but you only know about them because you've been told or read information about them, surely that's 'racial studies' in itself? I'm assuming it's a class where the teacher might say, "okay, who here knows what an orc is?" And then go back and forth exchanging information with the class in order to inform the correct information and dispel any misinformation.

I also think you're really thinking about the classroom/school from a modern education point of view where you really should be thinking about it as an old fashioned classroom, where there is one class, with all the kids of various ages studying together. They are taught the basics so that they can function and getting along with others of varying races is essential in the 'Wild West'.

@ Montgomery Quinn

You bastard. That damned 'I'm sorry' at the beginning warned me you were going to pull some shit like this, and I kind of guessed it would be Chit, when you focused on her heavily at the start, but damn it! Bastard. Give us back our half-Orc wife!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Amating story so far!

Will enjoy the following chapters.

5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMontgomery Quinn@Montgomery Quinn
If you'd like to say hi, head here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100075866042137 And if you'd like to support me, you can... Purchase an ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Montgomery-Quinn/e/B07S1XQ1MF Or, if you'd like to read what I'm working on RIGHT NOW (hint, I p...

SIMILAR Stories