All Comments on 'The Little Black Dress - Revisited'

by HikingThru

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
PraetusPraetusabout 2 months ago

I gave this one a 4, as it is well written and the premise is good. My only complaint that would bring it to a 3.5 is that it feels too short. The whole setup was clearly the interesting part.

We don't see the "hellish month" and the only insight we have of Rose is an arrogant narcissistic who seems to show zero remorse for her actions in the few moments we see if her. She expresses frustration and uses the words "pussy boy".

We need to see the transition from that to that last line, otherwise it doesn't seem genuine on her part and would be a RAAC. Another page of delving into her dawning realisation rather than the "as you know" style summary would have been better for fleshing that out.

Well constructed and I liked the premise, just would love to see a little more to flesh it out and show the reconciliation as genuine and earned.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 2 months ago

Good, I like it. Glanced at PrettyPerkys stories. Nah, too much angst for my taste. And yours came close, but that's why you wrote it. Right?

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 2 months ago

Great story. Eminently satisfying. Instead of the husband standing around, dazed and confused, as is the case of most men in these "wife runs off right in front of his nose" stories, this MC acted directly and forcefully. I didn't need a longer story. After a while on Literotica, I could fill in the blanks in most of the other stories. I liked your bare bones, direct treatment. Nice Job! 5 stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 months ago

Better than the originals but unfinished. The answer should be a strong “NO”. She needs to show better behavior for a long time before any thaw or forgiveness

imhaplessimhaplessabout 2 months ago

Nice -- 5* from me

jflindersjflindersabout 2 months ago

I prefer stories with endings. This one, leaving the suggestion of reconciliation, leaves me cold.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

I admire you taking on another work like this. However, PP's writing was a little more fluid and the plot progression more subtle than your sequel. The dinner should have been drawn out a bit longer to give us a slower build to them going up to his room together. Also, the dialogue clearly indicated there was some sort of expectation from Duane that he would get Rose as a quid pro quo, then you blow that plot line up in the room. It would have flowed smoother to just go with it, despite the reader seeing similar storylines before, and have Duane admit to his motives. After Duane plays his hand, THEN Brad can go into executive mode. Just my two cents... 3.4*

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 2 months ago

Much better than the originals. I enjoyed this one and hated the originals. 4*

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

I like it

I suspect Prettyperkys was heading down the Cuck path, so your ending was fitting.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I gave the two original stories low ratings, I hated them. This one got a four, missing a five by skipping to quickly to the counseling session and Rose's 'my bad' request to return to Brad's bed. It had a touch too much of a 'batting her eyelashes' feel to it. But all told, it was way more satisfying a read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A great story till the last paragraph. Really - you end the story with a 4 line paragraph???? 3* for an incomplete - wimpy story

servant111servant111about 2 months ago

Internal logic trail lfpawed and chaotic. The wife has obvious sociopathic entitled princess issues. She obviously had no problem objectifying him and using her perception of his wimp nature to cuckold him with his boss. The “reconciliation” is solely based on her s hitting her hard on boundaries with divorce. Her behavior change reflects her acquiesce and outward obeying of those boundaries. Unfortunately I see no evidence of any internal transformation. The resultant “marriage” relationship will force him into being a warden in a marriage that resembles a prison. She has demonstrated no basis for any trust whatsoever. Thus the RAAC ending is unsupported specious nonsense.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just can see staying with a woman that was so easily ready to give herself to another, Nope ccc yeah

RosenkavalierRosenkavalierabout 2 months ago

Good story, although told a bit bumpily (especially when she approached the table in the restaurant).

I would have preferred to restrict the violence to the dress - the perpetrator was punished thoroughly with his lost job.

She might have shown a bit more remorse - not so superficial as in your text.

Altogether I am so glad that you dared going against the current cuck mainstream (?) and wrote a much more realistic story.

Keep on writing - it is much appreciated!

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 2 months ago

The ending really didn't address multiple issues. What about the disrespect she showed her husband? What about the fact that in her heart, she desired, and willing to commit adultery with MC's boss?

Those two issues never were addressed and they are huge, especially the second one. She was WILLING to have sex with another man. Now TRUST becomes an issue.

I wish the author went a little farther in his REVISITED story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"What an asshole! " - BRAD'S an asshole???

\

Rose came around much to quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I like it but since you left it open ended I would say "No, I am going for a divorce". Then if they desire they can start from square one and start dating. In one month she really felt nothing. I feel she felt no remorse or loss of what she did rather then fear of losing that paycheck he brings. Imagine if they stay married but no gifts and she has a very short leash? Maybe be a stay at home wife and literally just stay at home and no parties or fancy dinners out? Biggest night out is bowling or dinner at a local family chain restaurant where jeans and a t shirt are fine. How happy will she be?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

I didn't read the others first, went back and skimmed them, and frankly, Rose and Duane were right to assume that he was cool with it. He acted like a real cuck in those stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nice way for Brad to get revenge on his wife and boss before anything could happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story overall, good writing. Didn't read the original as I didn't feel the need. Maybe in the future (???), However, as much as I enjoyed the story, I subtracted a point by it not being unfinished, which funny enough, you wrote about the original. And THAT's very disappointing.

I would hope, to her question of being able to move back in the bedroom, the answer would be "NO", or at least a "Not now". She stated she was planning on having sex with Duand with or without Brad, so from the Christmas party, there must've been flirts, luncheons, & meetings to plan what both hoped would happen. This's a big "question" that Brad didn't ask nor the counselor inquiring into. Maybe it's in the original, but still....

And with that, 3 stars, moreso on the writing & story telling from this author's perspective. Generally, I give an automatic 2 stars to unfinished stories to show my distaste for it. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just another cuck story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The counseling cliche is ridiculous. Under the circumstances, with any normal man the divorce would be immediate. You wrote that the cunt came home belligerent, and he acted like a pussy? She gets a time-out in the guest room? Some of her "toys" are taken away? Are you a child?

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 2 months ago

Did not rate because I wont rate down a story I believe was given quite a bit of thought that I just did not care for.

The plot jumped around too much and it was not completely clear until late in the story he objected. Odd. could have been better. Take this critique as being constructive as that is what I meant.

The beginning just did not work as was very muddy. Needed a build up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I wish I could give this more than 5 stars. Not every Bitch has to be burned to a crisp. I'm also thankful to have a story that has a husband take decisive action short of a summary execution. Well done.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

We didn't communicate enough about our expectations. - Wedding vows? Rose is unforgivable, dump her and run if you decide to FTDS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Two different directions on two different stories. Pretty Perkys was headed toward cuckolding him but HikingThru was going to give Brad a backbone and toughen him up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The story was constructed to give Rose a message…You are too full of yourself. The beginning showed her selfish, prideful side and of course she assumed her husbands loving jesters as weakness. Only thinking of what she wanted and Brad’s reaction, after both men dismissed her as”nobody special” seemed to play out in the therapist’s office. The ending was left unsaid mainly because Brad probably hadn’t decided if he wanted to stay married. Also because he drew a line stating that equality scales wrere now leaning his way….for a change. 4/5

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 months ago

Satisfying conclusion. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not a bad read, but unfinished!

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 months ago

Waste of a good lbd if he reconciles

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 2 months ago

Good story. Finally someone finished this story that was first published 8 years ago. The original author did a piss poor job of completing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

short and to the point , but brad character was quite dangerously bordering .....just saying

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I like this Brad much better, but there is no way he is the same guy from the first two stories. Two many differences too quickly. That s to say the Brad in 1 & 2 was a pathetic sissy wimp cuck, hated him. This guy is the opposite, love his back bone and character. But, still can't see him as the same guy changed.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 months ago

No man could tolerate his wife declaring she was going to fuck another guy whether he liked it or not.

If she crosses that line, the disrespect is off the charts, and it's time to dump the slut.

He will never be able to get over or forgive what she tried to do. This marriaged is finished. He should have filed for divorce immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nope, divorce and move on. The wife "assumed" probably for the length of their marriage that she could do what ever the hell that she wanted. Why waste the time/energy/emotion attempting to re-educate her.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Started off damn good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Oh, well you did a really good job of that. Very enjoyable, leans heavily on reading LBT1 and 2 [have done in the past and reacquainted myself before attacking yours]

There are a lot of cracks in those foundations though! Enough for a stand-a-lone story in the theme of burning bridges? 5 stars simply as we cannot dish out half stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It was good, but you should have finished it. The last sentence is: And I have a question, or request really, for Brad. Sweetie, Could I please move back into the bedroom with you?"

He should answer No, we are getting divorced. Not a BTB, just a resolution to the issue. Will never, ever trust her again, so time for divorce. Love is irrelevant when there is no trust. Or no respect.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 months ago

I like the direction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I hate stories like this. Normally they are black and white in the BTB or RAAC categories. Brad sensed what was going on and interrupted the liaison before it went too far. The simple fact that she WAS going to cheat, had PLANNED to cheat, and was at the threshold to me is a deal breaker on reconciliation. That level of disrespect can never be recovered from regardless of whether the attempt was completed or aborted. Is there really any difference in the outcome based on the timing of when Brad entered the room, other than penetration did not occur?

This was a tough sequel to write. Kudos to @HikingThru for a very entertaining (and thought provoking) sequel!

jblogsjblogsabout 2 months ago

Liked it - well done! Think it needs another chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@anon below: I'd have to maybe somewhat disagree. I think she completely thought she had his blessing to sleep with is boss, so it wouldn't have been cheating. It would still have been wrong, in my opinion, but technically not cheating.

Pinto931Pinto931about 2 months ago

Better than original 2 parts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A really good attempt to pin some balls back on Brad, I give it a 4 for that, But a bit to late

The damage was done in the original, the way some of the conversations went It seemed hubby got off on wife flirting with men, dangerous game that.

The time for him to act was when he spotted the boss had his hand up between the wife's legs, no way that he should have let her leave with the boss, why did they need to go to the bosses room to celebrate, he shouldn't have let his wife out of his sight

Psychman24Psychman24about 1 month ago

I feel like Brad has only himself to blame. He seemed to encourage her flirting and then seemed to get off on his boss touching his wife. He had the opportunity to stop the charade downstairs but let his wife go upstairs with his boss knowing full well what was going to happen. Its like he thought he might be into the hot wife thing but changed his mind at the last minute and then went nuclear. No wonder wifey thought she was cleared for takeoff cuz he was giving her the green light until the very end.

26thNC26thNC27 days ago

Not a bad story, but it needs a definitive ending. This ain’t a woman to trust.

XluckyleeXluckylee24 days ago

Second read and still 5 stars from Xluckylee

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous