All Comments on 'The Long Ride Pt. 01'

by soul71

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
Bedroomeyes81Bedroomeyes81over 3 years ago

great story. we like that you're giving the p.o.s Mom a chance to be in her kid's life. the Grandparents or at least grandpa should hit in the head with something heavy and blunt. multiple times. cant wait to see how this one plays out

ScaliaScaliaover 3 years ago
A great beginning

A great story so far. Note of law: Vanessa having given up all her rights has NO legal right to attend the parent-teachers conference.

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963over 3 years ago

Some stories deserve the long slow burn, some are better with a quick climax - this is definitely one of the former.

Will certainly be reading the follow-up. Get the feeling that Grandfather is going to be a real b*****d.

Already set as one of my favourite authors. 5**** again

ArediaArediaover 3 years ago

Great story, can't wait for Chapter 2. :) I do like Callum's (good Scottish name, nice!) character; I like that he's in the biking world, and I like that you made Henry sympathetic to Callum's situation without making either of them a wimp.

Thanks for the story, it's a good un! :)

beanburner69beanburner69over 3 years ago
Great Start

Another great start. Keep it coming. looking forward to part 2

DarkmantimDarkmantimover 3 years ago

Very good FIRST CHAPTER LOOKING forward to the Next One

Grimm1267Grimm1267over 3 years ago
Very Nice!

While, this isn't what I normally expect to read when you post something new, it's turning out to be a wonderful story. I look forward to the next installment and thanks for your efforts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful story....looking forward to the next installment!

Wonderful story...looking forward to the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed the story

Looking forward to part 2

tim0277tim0277over 3 years ago

I love you're stories.

I was wondering what you where going to write but i'm loving every little bit of it.

Keep up the good work and writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
afanboy

great story cant wait for part 2!

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Damn you Soul, not only have you written another great story but you've ended the first installment there. I don't know how you keep doing this to me just as it sticks you right in it ends.

Looking forward to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Another great start and record posting time too.

I think you should post all your stories under romance. To save yourself from all hhe headaches of people bitching about your stories not showing up quick enough. Lol

Ed

Mack1982Mack1982over 3 years ago
Wow!!

Yoru6stiriea are awesome!! Cant wait for!!!

Mack1982Mack1982over 3 years ago
Wow

Your stories are awesome!!! Can't wait for more!!!

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
CAL HAS A LONG HOT TIME AHEAD

using Shari to take back what was given away having guilt and money to try for an overturn. TK U MLJ LV NV

WordcraftWordcraftover 3 years ago
CAL WENT BACK ON HIS WORD

When Vanessa signed her parental rights away, Cal told her and Tobias they would never see Shari again. He should have have stuck to his word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hot Damn

You should put a warning at the start. Slide through the window, get the safety harness buckled up,, test the "G suit' , & oh yeah HANG ON !!!o

Brandon11Brandon11over 3 years ago
Damn

What a riveting story, I am hooked and looking forward to the next chapter.

meucimeuciover 3 years ago

A really riveting story, I can't wait to see how it plays out. The way I see it and also from the experience of being a single parent you have to do what is best for the child. I think that so far the MC is doing exactly what I would have done for my child. It is so easy to get caught up in your own relationship failing and the hate and mistrust that goes along with it, you just can't be a good parent like that. I am so glad to read a story where the child comes first isn't just a catch phrase. The only caution I have is the husband is a lawyer you always have to watch out for lawyers. Had I been Cal I would have spoken with a family lawyer before I ever cash that $48.000 check. Great read so far 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Darn you, I'm Hooked.

Thank you for this, it has me hungry for more. You rock.

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Got a bad

Vibe this is going to get ugly. Dont trust any of them. Great start. Cant wait to read more.5 so far.

Ryanwood405Ryanwood405over 3 years ago

Amazing! 5 stars cant wait for the next chapter

msocaltimemsocaltimeover 3 years ago

This is a great start to a possibly greater storyline, one comment I have is that I would have not agreed to a day out alone this soon. Mommy would have been on a very short leash for months, then maybe she would get a day out alone with the daughter. Looking forward to the next chapters to this store.

kaidmankaidmanover 3 years ago
another excellent story

looking forward to this one it shows off your ability to make characters who are real to the readers

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Another Gem

You ALWAYS being your A game. I can't wait or the next part.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
EXCELLENT 5 STAR STORY

GREAT STORY!

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Troubles ahead

I see real trouble on the horizons, Tobias doing and end around for parental rights, Venessa and Henry using money to undermine Shari’s love for her dad. Curious to see how author will take story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good,

That was a great fist chapter. Your character development was excellent.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Nice story. Sorry for Cal and hope he dumps Itzy quickly. She only wants a stable bloke to sire her a child. After that, well he is poor and she is a rich girl. Just hope the cliche little girl doesn't get too hurt by all the selfish bitches circling her.

mother_russia42mother_russia42over 3 years ago

I like itzel she cool. But fuck Vanessa and her family they can suck a dick. Other than henry, can already tell they will be a pain.

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
mixed feelings

Cal was presented as firm in his resolve, but kept folding and giving in every time he was pushed. When he said he wasn't smart Itzel didn't have to agree so quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

Callum Shari and Itzel are great characters loved his bond with his daughter and the cute dynamic with Itzel Vanessa and her family are trouble.

anubeloreanubeloreover 3 years ago
the biggest plot hole in this story is that in reality, Shari would have been cut into pieces and vacuumed out of her mother's womb.

Vanessa and her parents wouldn't have had to "try to browbeat" him into "agreeing to an abortion" Vanessa simply would have gotten an abortion without consulting him.

That's the law. Shari would have been killed, as the law states is the mother's right, essentially up until the moment the infant draws breath, and that's negotiable depending on the circumstances.

In the real world, sixteen year old fathers don't get to raise their daughters or sons. They get informed that their daughter or son is now "medical waste" and they can move on with their lives, even if they didn't want to. And they're informed that they're not permitted to have an opinion on the subject. We call this "progress" and it's a center that cannot hold, and therefore will not hold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My biggie. Last comment Said it! Legally men get fucked!

Yes it's her body but takes two to tango

Hate to be in the shoes of people who made that decision.

Payback, karma or judgement however you want to call it!

QueijadaQueijadaover 3 years ago
5*

Finally got around to reading this and sure glad i did. Loved the tale so far and im going to start parts 2&3 as soon asi can.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Mama and husband way to nice......................

evryone was to nice except the asshole grandfather. Good writing though

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story. IMO Vanessa would have never come back if she had a kid with Henry. TobiAss, needs his ass kicked! Him and his bitch wife wanted to abort Sheri. Cant wait to see where else your story goes.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Itzel a good Spanish name, l like it. I can see Vanessa getting Henry to try and take Shari away. I think it is Henry’s plan anyway to make his wife happy. Constance and Tobias will help. They will use the MC club and it’s members as a reason and I think Itzel will have a past.

Hold on to your hats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

They want to take that man’s child. Never let a cockroach gain entry to your home! They will multiply and poison everything they touch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

After vanessa threatened legal action... She would have been history as far as i was concerned... I would have explained to my daughter that they were trying to take her away from me... And they could suck eggs out ou an asshole...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmmmmm

Good plot but the dialogue is very stilted. Also, couldn't get past the"Good night New Daddy" bit on page three! Don't like Vanessa and don't like Henry. Sounds like grief in the making with these two and a good man is being taken advantage of. Moving on. 2*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why on earth would Cal allow the bitch and her family to take such advantage of him?! The only reason the bitch was allowed to see her abandoned daughter, was out of Cal's concern for his daughter. Cal is a bit too soft and should have blown her off, when she threatened legal action to get to her daughter. Needs to have a talk with his daughter, giving her a little information on her mother's earlier position regarding her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the story so far, although I certainly don't like some of the characters. I don't think I would have given in so easily to Vanessa on many things. For example the teacher conference, especially to how she reacted to Cal. She doesn't have any rights, yet it seems like she is just bulldozing and manipulating get way in. I don't like how Cal gives in so easily, especially with the history between him and Vanessa/Vanessa's parents.

The attitude that Vanessa and her family have is ridiculous. I really hope they get put in their place. Reminds me of a RAAC story but with a different catalyst.

bereznikbereznikalmost 3 years ago

I have enjoyed the start to this story, good character development so far and a lot of opportunities to move the story in different directions. The tensions between the different characters is good and I look forward to reading the rest.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Who the F--- do these people think they are??! First the shit face Tobias threatens legal action to get custody of Cal's daughter and then the woman Vanessa dares show anger at not being included for the Parent /Teacher conference? Don't these people have any shame?! The only decent guy in that family, is Henry.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_Uover 2 years ago

Big fan of your work,I'm actually reading this one for the second time. Kinda wondering why Amanda took off so fast.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Love the story. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable with tension building as I see Vany and Henry manipulating Shari to show her how their wealth will influence Shari to want them more...........or not?

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

After the first page I was wondering when the trouble would start. Good story so far

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I see some trouble coming before this is over .\

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Beware of selfish ex mothers!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story.

One thing I will point out though is that losing both tubes would not prevent Vanessa from becoming pregnant with medical intervention. She still has her ovaries, so they can harvest her eggs, and she still has her uterus, so they can implant a fertilized egg.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the story. It's a silly mistake. But greases are from the Outsiders, not West Side Story. West side was the Jets. But I love the story

KahunabobKahunabobover 1 year ago

Ahhhh ,Tobias is that 2 bit moustache twirling villain we all love to hate. And his wife, Constance isn't much better. Selfish people that just see Shari as a toy, not as a person. Something to make them look good to others.

Henry comes across as a decent sort. Hope he stays that way. Probably the only one of the bunch that understands Cal is the parent, even if he doesn't fully understand why (yet). And Vanessa has a lot of catching up to do to even come close to being a parent and not a 24 year old looking for a new pet. It's pretty clear that she's only making an effort now because she can't have more kids. Otherwise she'd never have come back.

In Cal's shoes I wouldn't have been as quick to trust the bunch of them. Or allow Tobias / Constance any access to my kid.

All in all, I like the pacing, looking forward to reading the next chapter. Hope the bike club gets a cameo :)

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

I am so looking forward to reading this story.a bit more jailbird wood be great too

woodrangewoodrange12 months ago

Such a hell of a good yarn I'm reading it again.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

At the very end you can see how demanding the bitches Vanessa and Constance are!!!

He owes them shit!!

Tobias is an asshole who might try something underhanded!!

Wont be surprised if Vanessa uses her money to infuence Shari!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Cal is being too good too soon to the bitches Constance and Vanessa AND why the fuck name her Eva after the bitch mother!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Vanessa's parents should be banned from hanging out with Shari. Constance and Tobias are bitches and Vanessa wants to be demanding now that she's in Shari's life

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted2 months ago

Well written interesting story. Wondering where it's going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well written but you think I’d let that .. thing back into my daughters life you have another thing coming.. what right does she have to show up and demand anything! Really good writing to get me riled up.

DwarfLord50DwarfLord50about 1 month ago

I can’t wait to see where this goes. Great characters and story line.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoul71@soul71
6768 Followers
Hello, if you enjoy my work, and if you would like to be able to read it before it's published on lit, please use the link on my twitter page. You can find me on Twitter @jamesricharthor. I might move to a new site if it keeps up, I'll let you know if I do. I hope you all enjo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories