The Lost Boy Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The Nephilim, I know he is here..." Ophiel spoke, his voice a thunderous boom, resounding loudly through the bar. "Call for him...or watch me return your kind to Hell, demon..." His grip tightened, further burning Catalina.

Her eyes watered, tears spilling from clenched eyes as pain wracked her but she was not a stranger to it's feel, and she would not break in front of her pack. That's not what an Alpha would do, and though it appeared as if she wasn't going to live to ever be an Alpha, she felt at least she could die like one.

"Fffckk...yyouu..." Her voice was so weak, she was barely able to choke out a strangled whisper.

The soldier tilt his head, neither impressed nor offended by the statement, more like indifferent. He gave her the choice to give him the Nephilim without resistance and she refused. Her fate was sealed.

He flicked his wrist, causing the hand still holding the grip of his blade to jerk the sword back, ready to strike. The scabbard fizzling off of the pure gold weapon and allowing it's light to shine forth unhindered by the covering.

"No!" Some of the Urul heard a high-pitched voice call from the stairs. Catalina herself tried to glance over at it, recognizing the sound. Peter stood there, at the bottom of the stairs, apparently having ignored her command to stay up in bed. There was a horrified look in his glassy eyes. "Catalina!"

She tried to speak, but the angel's grip constricted her vocal cords, no words were able to come out. In this moment, as she looked at the blonde-haired human whom she had spent numerous nights with, she wished she was kinder to him. To have been able to spend more time with him after getting so attached to the nerdy little boy. He always did his best to please her and make her happy despite how rude she was to him, despite every reason he had not to.

She felt a tear begin to stream down her cheek, only to be seared away from the bright light of the sword.

Its rays hit several of the Urul behind her who screamed and tried to move out of the way, but the brunt of it was directed at Catalina, who winced and whimpered from the majority of the light burning her front.

Ophiel drew the blade back, "Unto the...I deliver my blade-"

A blur of muscle and bronze suddenly slammed into the warrior angel, causing Catalina to drop to the floor and draw a deep gasp of oxygen before immediately coughing it back up.

The front of the Road house was blown out by a massive bolt of radiant and force energy, two titans of men crashing through the brick and glass like a bomb blowing out the front of the building. Stone shards skipped along the paved road and a dust cloud of debris puffed out around the pair of bodies as they fell apart.

Ophiels armor scraped on the ground with bright sparks. He continued to slide until he managed to dig his fingers into the road, slamming down hard enough to halt his movement and look up at what had rushed him.

Getting to his feet, was a man about as tall as he was, wild vibrant hair and a clunky pair of headphones around his neck.

Fenr.

"Rude." He said nonchalantly, in his hand he held Ophiels celestial sword. The golden weapon's blazing light seeming to have no effect on the other man's flesh. He grabbed one end of it by the blade, and the other at the grip to bring it down hard over his knee like he was cracking a stick. On the first try, the sword cracked, all along the core of the weapon, multiple glowing fractures spread out from Fenr's inhuman strength. But on the second go, the blade gave out. The cracks breaking into pieces and the sword in almost entirety shattering over Fenr's knee like a flimsy twig.

A burst of energy like what came before when Ophiel first attacked erupted, pushing the fractured bricks and dirt around them away in a kinetic surge of holy flames. Dust cascading in a large radius and blowing back the hair of Fenr and several Urul now watching from the sidelines.

Ophiel turned his head as the cloud blew by him, some small pebbles hitting his armor with numerous 'clinks.' The once gloriously forged suit of protection was now crumbled and battered, several harsh stress fractures were easily spotted on the once polished armor. It looked as if it was made of cheap plastic now that Fenr had sundered it. He grimaced at this realization, scowling at the one who caused this, the towering man with the handle of his sword still held in his filthy mitt.

"Nephilim..."

"Charmed." Fenr replied with as there was a sudden burst of flame behind the angel. An explosion of radiant fire going off behind him as he dashed forward, charging the Nephilim head on.

The angel's boots left bright flashes of embers with each bound, and his fists clenching up into even more searing flames ready to strike down his quarry. But Fenr's power was beyond what Ophiel anticipated it was, and as he was about to land a giant haymaker to his face, Fenr swiftly dodged to the side, stepping just out of the way in a quick move of expert footwork. Then brought his own muscled arm around the soldier angel's upper torso, locking it in a strong sleeper hold around his neck.

Ophiel struggled in the nephilim's iron grasp, clawing at the beefy arm strangling him. The angled thrashed and kicked, trying free himself from Fenr's impossible strength. His eyes blazed with seething rage, blinded by his hatred and need to slay this bastard, he wrenched with all his might trying to break free.

Fenr however was far more powerful and lifted with his legs, twisting their bodies, bringing Ophiel up off the ground in an arced takedown. Slamming the armor-clad warrior back down onto the paved road with a thunderous slam. More piercing metallic clanks rang out as the pavement cracked under the weight of the two titans. Several Urul could swear they felt the ground shake from such a powerful impact.

Celestial flame spat from Ophiels lips, the eyes which once burned with a molten gold glow now looked like pure yellow embers of fire as he slung himself about on the ground. More and more fire whipping from his body and attempting to set everything around him alight with it. "I...WILL...KILL...YOU!" Ophiels loud voice shrieked, managing to scrabble up onto his knees again with the Nephilim still kneeling behind him, locked around his neck.

But Fenr was not intimidated, nor did he look angry or struggling to keep up with him. His muscles tensed and held the soldier tightly, but his face was calm. "Enough..." Was all he said, loud enough so that only the thrashing angel could hear him. Giving him one last chance to cease this effort before he ended it. Only it seemed to fall on deaf ears, Ophiel did not stop his fighting, and with that, Fenr knew there was only one thing that needed to be done.

"I...WILL...KILL-"

With a quick jerk of his hands, Fenr grabbed the top of the angel's head with one, and the bottom of his chin with the other.

And yanked them hard in opposite directions.

A loud 'SNAP' echoed in the street and in the interior of the Roadhouse as the flames suddenly snuffed out. Another burst of force energy boomed out around Fenr and the angel's body, but this one seemed to be shorter, almost like it was cut off before it managed to truly explode.

The wrestling ceased and Ophiel's body went limp, wobbling slightly as Fenr released him. His neck being broken left the deceased warrior wobbling on his knees for a moment, air going still all around them until his body began to ignite in a sudden flash of the brightest light. Brighter than even his sword emitted from before, spider webbing cracks quickly crawled out all over his form with radiance spewing out from within as he slowly began to fall forward.

Inside the building, the biker crew had to shield their eyes as the energy grew to a blinding point where it felt as if there was a second sun right there in the street. Swelling and glowing bright enough to awake the whole town.

But just as Ophiel's body began to fall, right as he would have touched the ground, the cracks enveloped him entirely and exploded. A deafening boom blew out, blanketing the area around that point in fire. Many Urul shrieked and recoiled away, shielding their eyes and each other from the final flash of flame. Fenr stood right before it all at point blank range, the flames licking along his body but doing him no harm. His imposing silhouette casting a shadow of himself, another soldier standing victorious over yet another life. His hair whipping about his shoulders and his eyes holding the glimmer of the flames until it died down to only lightly flickering embers.

There was no corpse left behind, no armor, no trace of Ophiel. Just several lingering fires that held no divine radiance to their glow. Ophiels presence was gone here, and Fenr knew that it was only going to get more interesting after this.

He turned to look back at the Urul inside, but saw that his vision was blocked by more flames. It almost puzzled him for a moment since they were slow close to his face, but then he quickly realized how it was so.

His jacket was on fire.

Inside, Catalina was carefully being helped to her feet, her true form still exposed partially around her face. Peter came running from the stairs and to her aid. The others as well were attempting to rise to their feet and lick their wounds, Peter threw himself into Catalina's arms. She weakly attempted to hug him back as he openly sobbed against her. "Are you okay?! My God, that thing tried to-" He blabbered choked up.

She just nodded, "I'm...fine...honey..." Her furry hand, not hidden by magic came up to softly pet his hair.

"What was that? Why was it trying to kill you? Oh my God..." He asked holding onto her as tight as he could.

Fenr patted out the flames on his jacket, looking over the regrouping Urul pack inside. He could tell there were many injuries, but no one had died. A miracle truthfully, the angel must've just been toying with them.

He heard a few crunches of footsteps up beside him, cracking the shattered glass and crushing some stray pebbles. He turned to see what it was and recognized the familiar face showing up in the aftermath of the chaos. Helle had arrived at the Roadhouse, her attire was baggy and her hair unkempt, like she just rolled out of bed and ran here. She looked upon the devastation with shell-shock in her eyes, then up to Fenr who she could easily assume she now owed the life of many of her pack to.

He shrugged.

Ian's Residence: The Following Day

Helle was biting her nails, "Wow, it's been a while since I've seen you do that." Catalina said from the opposite side of the kitchen. Her face had healed, along with her other several wounds. Urul were very resilient creatures and thankfully the divine nature of the sword seemed to cause no long-lasting effects. It seemed to be purely for initial impact and intimidation, so with a little tending she was able to make a quick recovery with a full night of rest as well.

Realizing that she was picking up the habit, Helle rolled her eyes and removed the claws from her mouth. "That just means I'm impatient." She stood up, pushing off the dining table chair and walking several feet over to the wall. Her normal confident attitude seemed diminished, she put her hands on her hips and stared into space. A grim expression donning her features and a determined look in her large blue eyes.

Pacing the floor beside her was Erica, her dirty blonde ponytail whipping every time she spun on her heel to loop the same walk pattern. Her arms folded across her chest and an also very impatient look on her face as well. The three Urul waiting in the kitchen connected to the home's living room while the only Succubus among them, Samantha waited on the couch, anxiously bouncing her leg and doing her best to keep her cool. "When will he be here?" Erica suddenly asked her sharply.

Sam almost jumped from the sudden question, "School ended at one thirty and the walk is about twenty minutes, so he should be here soon."

"Just him?" Catalina asked.

"You realize if his two Succubus 'parents'," Helle made finger quotes over the last word, "Show up during our 'meeting' then all of this is for nothing, right? And we'll never do business again if you bring them down on us."

Sam shook her head, "They're not coming, I told you I took care of it. I loaned them my angel Cassiel for the night free of charge. And you've seen what my baby boy can do, there was no way they were gonna pass that up. Plus, Cassiel knows to keep them occupied. If they try to leave early, he has...'ways' to keep them busy."

Helle looked content with that, "Good, besides I've heard too much about this boy and his 'one of a kind' ass. I should've done this in the first place but better late than never. And I'll have no interruptions AT ALL while I have him." She said sternly, addressing her two pack mates. Both silently nodded at the command, "But with the two Sisters out of the house, everything should go according to plan." She too began to pace a bit, some combination of nerves and anticipation getting to her.. "I guess it's for the best, this way I don't miss out on getting a piece of the best ass in Shelter."

Yesterday, after the Roadhouse was attacked, Helle asked Fenr if he completed the task she requested of him. He had told her straight up, no, Ian was still alive and was going to stay that way if he had anything to do about it.

He said that he wouldn't kill his brother. After seeing how pure and innocent his little brother was, nothing Helle said could convince the man to raise a hand against the incubus.. He was just a soul caught up in all of this who held the key to literally everyone's future.

And while Helle obviously understood that when Fenr wouldn't do something, there was most likely a logical reason behind as to why, it still left her in a bad position. Ian was a problem, and especially if Shelter was in danger of war with the Angels, then it needed to be addressed.

"Hey umm, I know I'm just the one who crunches the numbers here and everything but..." Samantha started, speaking from her seated position, "Cassiel has spent a lot of time with Ian, and he swears up and down that Ian is a very good kid. Even I've had a little bit of time with him and I can attest to that too. So I know you say that he's a problem and everything but, I think you three should maybe go easy on him." All three Urul's heads turned to look at her, "I'm just saying, he really didn't want any part of this according to my angel. He just keeps getting pulled back into trouble by the Succubi of Shelter. He really just wants to have a normal life."

Erica piped in, "Yeah well that good kid nearly killed me and my Neko. Feles still has a huge fucking bruise on his chest and I've still got this." She pulled her sleeveless shirt over her shoulder, revealing the scar where Ian's mark ravaged her, three long scratches still ran along her otherwise flawless skin. "Still not sure if this is gonna ever heal, and yeah I could call it even on my account but with Feles? He almost killed my boy, so I want some vengeance." She angrily tugged her shirt back into place.

Sam grimaced, growing more worried about this plan. If Cassiel ever found out the actual reason she sold him to Liline and Sin for the night, was to literally throw Ian to the wolves, she was worried he'd be veeeerryy mad at her.

Thankfully Helle stepped up, serious and measured compared to the hole Erica's anger was burning through the wall. "Samantha, I know that the boy is good. I heard the same thing from a very close friend of mine whose judgement I trust. And..." She glanced over her shoulder at Erica for a second then kneeled down beside Samantha on the couch. "And when it happened that night..." Her voice lowered to a whisper, "When Ian stepped up to the challenge of Erica in single combat and beat her...badly. I looked into his eyes and all I saw was guilt." She brushed a lock of her platinum blonde hair over her ear. "I know he's soft, and truthfully, I don't bear him any ill will." She paused and seemed to grow even more grim in the moment, "But if the angels are coming, then I need every weapon I can get to prepare for war." Samantha's shoulders fell as she continued on, "We can't afford to be soft, so no, we won't be going easy on Ian." She stood back up to her incredible height. "The time for games is done, and if there's anyone to blame for this, it's Agrat. She publicly put Ian in charge of Shelter. In full damn view of my pack, and a leader is only as good as her word. So when I make Ian fold and submit to me, Agrat will be in my pocket as well as the town itself, or if she backs out of her claim of Ian being the leader than she's ruined her reputation by taking back her word either way."

She continued on but in the midst of her explanation Samantha was thinking, "Oh shit...Cassiel will be so pissed..." She knew what Helle and the Urul were going to do in order to make Ian submit, and it was going to be quite a difficult thing to keep from Cassiel. Ever since her confession to the angel, she found herself worrying more and more about messing with his feelings because of her greedy actions. What was happening to her? Succubi normally shouldn't give a rats ass about their bottom bitches emotions, but here she was, already planning out a long apology to both Ian and Cassiel for damage control. "God...what am I human?"

"For the price of Ian..." Helle went on, "I get a full-grown angel of my own, Agrat in my pocket, and the town that I've always wanted. I'm just going to have to be very mean about it to get it." Again she placed her hands on her hips. "Nobody has to like what I'm doing, and I wish there was another way." That was sort of a lie, even though she was going to have to be cruel to finish her plan, she was very much looking forward to what she was going to do to the half-breed boy. "Plus I now that Fenr isn't going to like this..." She mumbled mainly to herself mid-explanation, "But! He'll get over it." She waved her hand and spun around heading back into the kitchen, "After tonight...when we're through here, Shelter will be united under a single worthy ruler. The ruler it deserves and that it should've had a long time ago...Me." Catalina and Erica both simultaneously bowed slightly as their Alpha walked by them. "I'll save this city from the divine threat coming and...I'll have a new pretty little half-breed butt slut bouncing on my cock while I do it."

Hearing her speech end off like that and watching the two bikers literally bow a bit to Helle actually snapped Samantha out of her sympathetic thoughts and brought back her greedy ones. "Son of a bitch, if I knew Ian was worth so much I should've sold him for a fucking fortune." She thought, but then mentally slapped herself for being such a selfish, greedy bitch.

She shook her head,and walked over to the window. She missed the simpler times back when it was just her and Cassiel, before all this conflict between the divine and the infernal. When all she had to worry about was how much money she was going to make on her boy's butt and when she got to fuck it next. Sam let out another sigh, misting the window with her breath, but then saw a silhouette move through the blur in the glass. She blinked and looked around it and spotted him.

"Ian!"

Catalina, Erica, and Helle's heads all spun in the direction of Sam's voice. She spotted him coming down the street, dressed in some simple blue jeans and a long sleeve white button-up with white converse sneakers. His book bag slung over his shoulder as he walked towards his home.

"Finally." Erica practically growled, "Time to get this started."

"Ready girls?" Helle asked, eliciting a girly giggle from Catalina and a more sadistic one from the Urul with a vendetta.