All Comments on 'The Lost Coin'

by CurrentParameter

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
xtc5xtc58 days ago

Solid effort IMHO. A little rushed for my taste, but a good read.

Thanks for sharing.

TajfaTajfa8 days ago

Could have been a five but not even a discussion with his wife? I know that is the hardest thing to write but it is the best part of the story for me. Also after getting one video of the cheating why did he need another one?

3 stars

nickbgbnickbgb8 days ago

I really liked the Samantha cameo. The benefits of knowing someone in amateur dramatics eh. I just hope she cleared that new role with her husband first. lol

><><><

But a year of cheating and the intent to carry on for years more potentially? That’s cold and far from normal. Given that the people involved were his former best friend and wife, I think you’d want to know why they could betray him so clinically. Suggests that their loyalty and… love had been shallow and misleading all along. 4 Stars.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith8 days ago

Good story, well written.

francemanfranceman8 days ago

Same as Tajfa's comment.

Why several videos?

And why fuck your wife at the risk of STDs?

STDs are like the lottery, you don't win every time. There are winners and losers every time?

So why try your luck again?

jflindersjflinders8 days ago

I would have really liked this without the last time having sex with the cheating soon-to-be ex. Personally I can't fathom wanting sex with her in that situation, wouldn't want to take the chance on an STD and, if adultery was a ground in that jurisdiction wouldn't want to lose it as a ground by condoning (legally, that is) her adultery. My reaction is very different from that of @Tajfa, though in that I don't consider a discussion with the cheating wife a necessary part of a story.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle668 days ago

The part about the wife throwing herself at him for sex on the Wednesday after breaking up with George and being warned by the blonde that she might have an STD was a good touch. The husband knew the blonde made that story up. But the wife didn't know that.

As for the second video some comments criticize, the camera was already in place, so why not. And he wanted to know if it was commonly Tuesday's as he suspected or if the one Saturday was just a one-off.

Good story (for a BTB). No violent revenge. Just a "warning shot" with the fake STD.

Vintage_DMVintage_DM8 days ago

nice ,,, five stars

someoneothersomeoneother8 days ago

Entirely missing is any background on why Lisa and George cheated. Cheating does not happen in a vacuum. Explanations are not always necessary, but the absence here is noticeable.

The entire skit in the restaurant with Samantha seems silly because there was nothing gained by it, and certainly nothing to justify the effort put into creating the skit. Lisa and George would be both divorced and it did not matter whether he had someone else.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree8 days ago

I liked it.

The story was a little short

and would've been better

with more meat on the bones.

But the coin return was a great idea.

Because of it, it gets top ratings from me.

sloggerslogger8 days ago

Should have kept the coin!

jblogsjblogs8 days ago

Good story - would have liked to hear from Lisa’s perspective- why did she do it and what was her reaction

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 days ago

That worked well. 5*

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 days ago

@someoneother Lisa and George had a 'thing' in college that never developed. Now they spent time together and decided to see what they missed. Simple as that.

As far as returning the coin was concerned, that was staged for a very specific reason. The MC wanted to make sure that any relationship between Lisa and George was destroyed. Of course as close friends, Lisa knew the significance of that coin. Even though she and George were cheating on their spouses, she could not accept George would cheat on her with another woman. She left George high and dry even as her own marriage fell apart.

imhaplessimhapless8 days ago

Cute -- 5* from me.

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 days ago

To those who wanted a confrontation between the MC and his soon to be ex Lisa: What purpose could that have served. All to often, the wife says "It meant nothing. It was only sex." Then comments say how could a woman be that naive, or it was an often used trope.

In this case, Lisa and George had a semi history. No sex in the past but they decided for whatever reason now to explore it. What could Lisa possibly say? "Hey, I wanted to check him out. See if I missed marrying him instead of you...." And like many men, he did not really care the actual reason. To him both his friend and wife betrayed him.

The MC KNEW full well it was not sex and Lisa was terribly upset to 'discover' George had at least one other woman on the side, his Thursday piece. That drove her to immediately ask for transfer. She did not want to be around George and her marriage was gone. Why she came home all lovey dovey the night after the Samantha thing in the restaurant? Possibly to feel better about her own actions and re-establish her own marriage knowing George was no longer an option.

Told in the first person, the MC could not know and he could not ask without tipping his hand about Samantha's act. He had to play the clueless hubbie.

Yeah, since he'd filed for divorce the MC screwing Lisa could have sabotaged any special claims in the divorce, but he was seeking a simple 50/50 split. And he was sure he was in no danger of an STD even though Lisa did not. And like he said, if George actually had one, Lisa and he probably did as well.

LWLover60LWLover608 days ago

5 Stars. Lisa's story would be a great follow up. Maybe she learned something, maybe she didn't.

Events are fairly realistic I have seen a couple of instances where the spouses who were cheated on had lasting relationships later.

MikeOrMikeyMikeOrMikey8 days ago

Good story. Glad it turned out good for them.

JBird11JBird118 days ago

Good story, simple and straightforward. Thanks for sharing.

Cringo31Cringo317 days ago

I agree with the other comments that this was a well told story with a simple but direct line of thought. Well done. I would have liked to see a confrontation between the two ex best friends at some point.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 days ago

Solid story but kind of rushed. It was primarily narrative driven and that usually makes it a struggle for me to buy into the characters. The coin bit was brilliant, unique, and made me laugh. 3.8*

LaneBagginsLaneBaggins7 days ago

Well done. 👍👍👍👍👍

timrivtimriv7 days ago

Lisa sure got out of Dodge quickly. Did not want to talk or apologize nothing. Never heard from again. Would have preferred to hear from her a bit. How she felt and her reasoning about being unfaithful. If she a George were that much of an item why did she want to get away from him when shit hit the fan. If it was mutual you would think they would have left town together. But no. Seems that she was coerced by George. But you don’t find about their connection.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 days ago

I enjoyed it completely but the voyeur in me wants to know a little more about what happened to Lisa and George. I seem to need to hear about why cheaters cheat, from their own mouth before the jilted spouse gets their verbal pound of flesh. My critique is personal preference and the only reason I'm not 100% satisfied, only like 95% satisfied ;)

dgfergiedgfergie7 days ago

Well that was short and sweet they made it sound so simple, no emotion involved. Just serve them and divorce, no kids involved help make it simple. My divorce some 40 years ago crushed me. I was out of work for 2 years as I could not hold a job. It wasn't the los of the cheating wife it was the destruction of the family, I had two daughters and lost them both. For some reason I became the bad guy and she was the one that cheated and wanted the divorce, go figure. Good story though.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

An interesting switch of affections between friends.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Good story, creative, original discovery method. Well-written, just the right amount of background detail. I would have liked to have seen a direct and emotional confrontation with Lisa, but overall nicely done!

SunnyU2SunnyU27 days ago

The MC might not care about a confrontation, but the readers do.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

AWESOME loved. Samantha is one FINE boss. thanks for the twist and use of George's coin to validate what Samantha said

SeeingEyeSeeingEye7 days ago

As usual, he ends up marrying the wife of the man who cuckolded him. That happens in most LW stories, and it baffles me - I can’t think of a worse fate then spending your life with a women who loved and lived with the guy who f’d your wife. Ridiculous, and that’s why it never happens in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

There wasn't much of a story here. Dialog between the cheated-upon husband and his cheating wife, explaining why she cheated and what her feelings were, are generally the best part of a cheating wife story, and you cheated the readers out of that. You also cheated us out of any description of the sex. Plus, there was little character development, so we had no empathy for these people, they had only been together a short time, and had no kids, so there was little emotional impact. I gave this 3 stars, which I think was being kind.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor637 days ago

Good story. I would have like a confrontation between the spouses just to hear their justification.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

You should leave these themes to the experts. This was foolish and completely unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

good role played by Samantha

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Weak.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

A brilliant idea and started really well but then fizzled out. The quality of the story really suffered from there being no confrontation between the MC and Lisa and even more from George and Lisa never having revealed to them how they'd been caught. I get that that ties in with the idea of the MC and Jane not caring about the other two but it left us readers sold short. The MC and Jane might not care what the other two have to say but we the readers sure do!

JR

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu7 days ago

Good story.

Keep writing @CurrentParameter.

And thanks for sharing thr story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

A fun romp. A little unrealistic that the MC would need "more" video. And even more unrealistic that he would bed the skank one last time.... that's a common trope here, and very farcical. Unless you don't really love your wife, otherwise you would be too angry/sad/enraged/disgusted etc. But again, I enjoyed it.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 days ago

Went from a 4 to a 1* when you went thr idiotic JPB route and had him fuck her after he found out she was cheating.

Absolute stupid.

silverthorne16silverthorne167 days ago

Nice, but I would have preferred to see a some retribution/revenge against the two cheaters, besides simply divorcing them. There were no true apologies or signs that the wife understood that what she did was wrong. No emotional suffering or anything like that.

nixroxnixrox7 days ago

3 stars for an average BTB

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos7 days ago

This was a better story than your "Chemistry" series, which is the first work of yours I read. You still have the same problem of "telling" us what is going on instead of "showing" us with good scene setting and descriptions, of barreling past moments that should get more air in order to rush towards the narrative and generally, your prose is still very utilitarian, lacking in that certain descriptive quality that really brings a story to life.

<>

That being said, I can say that you HAVE gotten better. This story was shorter, so maybe it allowed you to focus more on it than you would be able to with a series. It also had a kind of interesting hook with the coin. I just think you need to be less terse and explore the feelings of the characters and their surroundings when you are writing - really give us a feel for where they are and what they are thinking. It'll make it easier for readers to connect with your work. Still, a solid effort - 4/5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Good story, but... a 3* would have been a 4* which could have been a 5*, with more 'meat' on the subject. The story loses its soul when everything is glossed over so cavalierly.

Tomh1966Tomh19667 days ago

I liked it!

5!

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Rather blah. Totally lacking in any emotion for such a sad tale.

muskyboymuskyboy7 days ago

No consequences for the cheaters, no reason for the cheating. Total cliche's witht he exception of the coin. Boring.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Nice. Would like to have heard more about Lisa's reasoning and how she could look her husband in the face while fucking his best friend and George's reasoning in betraying his best friend in the worst way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 days ago

"Thought I would take a try at a non-reconciling cheating story." - I prefer to not know the ending. I can see if it's BTB or RAAC, people have strong feelings about those, but otherwise, let us read the story and find out how it ends, at the end.

\

I know I'm being Captain Obvious, but when George was initially after Lisa, I was expecting them to hook-up.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

This had to be confusing story I've ever read. I'm glad I know my wifes name.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

No feedback from Lisa, having him be indifferent to way, makes this a 3 at best.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

More or less, different item under bed, slight changes.

LOVE a slap-hapy-papy #9

knoxhardknoxhard7 days ago

No confrontation with his best friend? This is even less believable than the lack of interest in talking with his wife.

With so little interest by the MC in the whys, whats and wherefores, perhaps that explains why there isn't all that much interest in the story.

FD45FD457 days ago

Much better than Chemistry in brevity, tone, emotional involvement and dialogue

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit7 days ago

Well written, but the lack of any sorrow and anger by the mc was weird. He felt cardboard that way. Part of the problem with cheating is the emotional damage the cheater does to the cheated. I didn't see any of that here

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 days ago

Everything worked out for the best!

5

16GaDouble16GaDouble7 days ago

A well-executed short story without a lot of unnecessary drama.

Good grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.

Awarded all five.

PowersworderPowersworder7 days ago

The first half was good, but the ending lacked the real meat of the story.

The best part of a loving wives tale is the dramatic confrontation with the cheating wife.

The best part of any btb story is the wife suffering the consequences for her infidelity.

This needed some kind of conversation with LIsa and George (separately), where they both bitterly regret destroying their marriages and long-term friendships.

kirei8kirei87 days ago

Well, this one was dismal at best. Learn how to write a decent BTB if you want to survive in this genre. Do nothing wimpy MC's do not fare well here. Keep your rainbows and unicorns for ther categories.

SeaChangerSeaChanger7 days ago

A bad start for all.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

@ Someoneother I had to laugh when I saw your comment giving this author advice you should have given yourself.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Just, "Hey, let's fuck and see if we like it." Reads like Martian Slut Ray, again. I know, writing about the inner feeling and passions and motives is difficult for some people to understand, and even more difficult to write about. So we get a great story about equipment and methods and revenge, and almost nothing about how these loyal loving spouses just turned into betraying unethical self-absorbed assholes. Yeah, who wants to understand that?

Wh00sherWh00sher7 days ago

With no discussion with Lisa or her viewpoint after being served, it loses a huge amount of "payback" to the reader.

Just underwhelming. She got served, moved away never to be seen again. Boring.

FreakpowerFreakpower7 days ago

Ok now George fucked both of his wifes

mndhanson017mndhanson0176 days ago

Pretty sure that sleeping with the wife, when you know of the infidelity is condonation or something, so she could have asked for counseling.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

The conversation between spouses that follows the cheater becoming aware their adultery has been discovered is an essential part of an infidelity story. it is a major test of the author's skill in writing credible dialog. Emotions are high, and it is a challenge to convey them in an authentic manner. The commonly used trope of the "Cheater's Bible" has more to do with a lack of writing creativity than with mythical instinctual utterances by the unfaithful. CurrentParameter, you should have faith in your previously demonstrated literary skills. Please don't avoid the confrontation conversation when you revisit adultery in the future. Will truly look forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

It lacked passion, but the tale earned five stars. I was thinking four stars, but went with five.

JPB NOT BOB

AmbivalenceAmbivalence6 days ago

Presumably, he and Lisa had more in common than her and George which was why George ended up with Jane.

Turns out Lisa and George had more in common - once you add "cheaters" to the list.

114FSO114FSO6 days ago

Fucking bitch and the douche bag so called best friend.

ttt59ttt596 days ago

A story that has a husband with backbone and character...nice change from most of the cuck shit here. Fairy tale ending with Jane was a bit too neat and tidy, but every once and a while things work out nicely for decent folks! Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

A bit lame and sketchy, but well done and original otherwise. Thank you for the time and effort.

robinhodrobinhod5 days ago

The writing was to a high standard but, really, this was just a string of clichés.

The one bit I struggled with was the night she wanted sex. She'd just been told that George had an STI!

We know it wasn't true but she didn't.

slowhand21slowhand215 days ago

Would have destroyed the coin and returned it to George.

Diecast1Diecast15 days ago

I like the story but. It did not end the right way. AAAA+++

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Somewhat clinical in your delivery, but all's well that ends well!

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Alls well that ends well

NitpicNitpic4 days ago
How

How can you get 50 percent of the house savings when you live in an apartment?.

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Aww... look at that little shy nerd George how he grew up to be a player! It brings a tear to my eye!

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Nitpic, because, it wasn't half the house, it was half the house savings, the account they set up to save for a house. Yes, I had to think about that for a second.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCurrentParameter@CurrentParameter
273 Followers
Writer in 50s trying to balance work, marriage, children and perverted brain.