The Lost Lord Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nerissa wasn't nearly as interested in the scenery as she was in Rainer at the moment; she had already seen her weird share of flora and fauna in her home circle. Even though the ecosystems for each circle were different, she had seen most of the plants and animals in her studies. Lauren and Aureal were just like Rainer though. Despite having ventured already in one circle, Aureal was gawking in all directions. Lauren herself was smiling, witches normally use magic involving nature, and this place would be a massive field study for her magic.

"Say, Asmodea, where are the rest of those guys?" Asked Rainer, he was wondering what each of his "personal guard" had gone.

"Ah, if you are embarrassed to call them your personal guard, call them the 'Pillar.' In each circle, the most powerful warriors or mages are gathered into a pillar division, for us, the Pillar of Lust. Each pillar member is given a title that represents an aspect of the Sin they fight for." Asmodea then listed off the pillar members, "I am called Seduction, the Seduction of Lust, as I am also part of the pillar. Tozomat is called Romance, the Romance of Lust. He will almost always be guarding you except on occasions. Teras is called Sadism, the Sadism of Lust, which doesn't bode well for your training. She should be sending a message to the other Rulers of Sin that the new Lord of Lust has finally arrived, or at least she will when she finished her tea. Little Rouge is called Fetish; do not ask me why the last lord called her that. She is investigating something for me. Caetorum is called Maturity, the Maturity of Lust, despite being one of the younger members. He is handling things to prepare for you at the palace. As for the sixth member, Zazie, known as Desire, the Desire of Lust, I will explain her situation soon enough."

"Nerissa, that means there's a pillar group in your home right?"

"Of course love. There are currently eight members in our pillar: Altruism, Loyalty, Ego, Patriotism, Honor, Dignity, Glory, and Perfection. Probably the strongest one is Altruism, as he wields Sacrifice, one of the Aspect of Death weapons."

"Aspect of Death weapons? Ah, I'll learn that stuff soon enough."

The group arrived at the base of the mountain. No secret passage that Rainer could see was in sight.

"Ok now all of you please follow my exact lead." Asmodea then picked up a rock in a nearby stream and walked towards a massive boulder a short distance away. She placed the rock in an odd slot and a doorway opened up. As soon as she walked through it, the door closed, shutting off Asmodea.

"Oh I get it... It's an extremely powerful and permanent illusion spell. This one in particular is probably impossible to de-spell, nor is it possible to walk through it like regular illusions." Explained Lauren, she had quite the aptitude for divining the nature of magic.

Each of the group picked up a stone from the stream and took their turns going through the doorway in the boulder. Once Tozomat came through, everyone looked about and found a dimly lit passageway.

"Please follow me closely, or else you will fall prey to traps that were set in case of intruders." Warned Asmodea as she gestured everyone to follow her.

They walked for ten minutes until Rainer could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, he was pretty sure they were lost, at least he was wrong.

"The passage opens up onto the upper levels of the palace, so you all should get a good view of the city, just know this Rainer, it is now your city."

"Um... Rapture. I really don't feel that important still, I don't even know how manage a city, let alone an entire nation like this."

"Oh don't worry, my mother didn't do stuff like that, she left all the management stuff to her subordinates. Mother really only bothered on major decisions and other random important things. It'll be the same for you!"

As they neared the exit to the tunnel, Rainer strained his eyes in order to accommodate the sun or whatever star the light came from. Once his eyes got used the light, he couldn't help but let out a small gasp at the view in front of him. No matter where he went, beautiful scenery was impossible to die out in this world.

A large city entered his view. The mountains around the city provided a natural defense, several waterfalls rained down from the peaks, each mountain's tip was impossible to see thanks to it being enveloped by clouds. Immeasurable amounts of buildings dotted the scape. However, many different buildings each had its own style of architecture, many of which he recognized from history books in school. At the end of the city, there were smaller houses like adobes and straw roof homes along with other kinds of houses, those had to be the outskirt farm homes. As you got closer to the palace Rainer was standing on, the buildings got more and more luxurious with its architecture and materials. The rich obviously lived closer to the palace; so the poorer folks lived on the out areas of the city. Rainer noticed that the city was terraced, the outskirts were the lowest level obviously, and as you got closer to the palace, the higher you had to climb. That would obviously help in case of a siege or an attack of any kind on this city. Rainer strained his eyes to see several different squares, which must be used for bazaars and marketplaces of all kinds. He could even make out some demons flying around the city, although they were all clad in armor. The city was definitely something he could only find in a fantasy RPG.

Aureal was the first to break silence, "You would never see such a sight in Heaven, nor in the human world. I am quite amazed."

Lauren herself could only be amazed and agree with Aureal. Nerissa had seen sights like this already, but she said this, "I'm quite impressed with this city, it was obviously built with future battles in mind. The defenses are quite amazing."

"I was not alive when this city was first built, but yes, I am told that was the reason why this city was built, for the supreme natural defenses. The mountains are impassable, not even by flying, there are waterfalls the bring fresh water in case of siege, and the terrain definitely gives us an upper hand when raining projectiles on enemies. We have only been attacked here thrice, once during the last war between angels and demons. Each time, they never got as far as the middle terrace." Asmodea seemed quite knowledgeable about the logistics of the city. "Now, let us make our way inside, I'm sure you are all quite tired as you had no sleep coming here. Caetorum must have things ready for us."

Rainer was very tired, he disliked that it was at least three in the morning when he entered the portal, and now it was completely daytime here. They entered a door that brought them inside the palace. It was just as amazing inside as it was outside. Exactly what you would expect from a lord's palace. Luxury carpets, tapestries, and furnishings adorned every hallway. No doorframe did not accommodate a grand double door. Rainer even caught a glimpse of the palace kitchen, raging fires, sweating chefs, and filled to the brim with fresh food. Every time they passed someone in the hallway, they stopped, moved to the side, bowed, and whispered, "My lord."

Most of the demons they passed were succubi or incubi, it seemed that succubi and incubi were the dominant race of the Land of Lust.

They were led to a room that appeared to be a grand bedroom.

"This was the main bedroom of the previous lord, it is now yours Rainer. You can call anytime you wish for... Well... Anything you want, really. It is your land after all."

"Don't make fun of me like that... I still don't really feel like I own an entire country."

"Oh, not a country, this entire world. The Land of Lust encompasses the entirety of this world. Each of the seven circles have their own world, that is why we use portals to travel."

"Just great..."

"Now for you three ladies, I assume you will be joining us in the bedroom?"

"Of course I will. I'm his wife... Or will be!

"Yes... In order to protect Master, I must be with him when he sleeps."

"I might as well join in on the fun"

Nerissa, Aureal, and Lauren each answered in turn. Rainer was hoping that he could at least find some sleep. But alas' it was a futile thought. He knew it would be impossible to turn away such obstinate women. Perhaps they would let him sleep tonight? He was about ready to drop down exhaustion.

"Ok, because I know it will be impossible to turn you all away, at least let me sleep tonight. I'm tired, I want sleep, and I'll do whatever you want tomorrow..." Rainer noticed his mistake and attempted to rectify it, "No, not whatever you want, but just let me sleep tonight."

"Oh that's no fun! Fine, but tomorrow we will be doing what incubi and succubi love to do!"

"I agree, you're an Incubi Rainer, fuck like one." Rainer rolled his eyes at Lauren's words.

And so the quintet found their way to the bed. It was large; probably the largest bed in all existence, as fitted the Lord of Lust. Rainer didn't even have strength to explore the room, he just fell asleep the moment he stepped foot on the bed, with clothes on.

"Awww, that is just such a precious face! I love that the lord I am serving now is just so cute. I wish I could eat him up right now." Asmodea lifted up Rainer and placed him in a more appropriate position for sleeping.

When everyone changed into nightwear that was provided by the servants, they each climbed into bed themselves. They were all very tired as they had been up for most of the night in the human world and were quite ready for sleep. Asmodea latched onto Rainer's left side and snuggled in, Nerissa latched onto Rainer's right side and made herself comfortable, Aureal slept on top of Rainer with her hands on his chest. Lauren didn't attach her self to Rainer in any particular way, but as soon as she fell asleep, she unconsciously shifted herself onto Rainer.

Tozomat stood guard outside of the bedroom. There was always at least two of the pillar division guarding the lord at all times. Asmodea always slept with their lord, and so the pillars rotated their guard every week. All those years guarding the... Grimoire in the desert made him weary, he was glad to finally be getting into some action.

"Warmaster, I am sorry to interrupt, but I have urgent news for you."

"Oh? You have news that could be more important than this annoying rebellion going in my seas? Spit it out then."

"Yes Warmaster. I have received a message that says the Land of Lust has finally acquired a leader. A new Lord of Lust has just arrived and is now residing in the palace."

"That is news indeed. I am quite interested in the strength of this new lord... How strong can he be? Hmmmm. You are dismissed. And a word of warning, I will accept no more interruptions until this rebellious island is squashed under my boot. On penalty of death should anyone interrupt my fun here."

"Yes, Warmaster, I will relay that to commanders."

Once the messenger left, the Warmaster spoke to himself, "Asmodeus, you were indeed strong, the only one I considered above me... How will your protégé show his strength? I wonder."

"Now, what do you have for me today, young lad?"

"Yes, Governor. We have a new shipment of human slaves coming through, the majority of the men are strong and handsome, the women pretty and lithe. The Shah has agreed to let you investigate the ruins of Vash'Ska in his sands for the price you listed. And the Land of Lust has apparently a new Lord of Lust."

"Eh? What was the last one?"

"Our intelligence claims that a Lord of Lust has appeared, a genuine one, and not the pretender, Arazra."

"That is interesting, I wonder what kind of deals can we strike with this Lord? Find out what kind of person this Lord is, his personality, likes dislikes, the whole shebang. Will he be for business? Or will he be a hindrance...

"Yes, Governor. Right away."

"Exalted Emperor! It finally happened!

"Oh? Did that codger of a Shah finally wither away? Did that Warmaster finally drown in his waters? Did that gluttonous General get food poisoning? Did that royal bitch of a Princess decide that she failed her land and kill herself? Did the Governor choke on his own gold yet? Or did those damned succubi whores get a Lord yet?

"Only the last one Exalted Emperor. We have received a report that a portal opened up and all but one of their pillar was there to meet, it had to be the Lord of Lust."

"'Bout damn time. Was going to invade the entire land once these twenty years were up, pity that I can't. You're dismissed, before you go, call up three wives, don't really care which ones."

"How is the book, Belphegor?"

"Very interesting. I'll say it again... Human literature always lifts my spirits. With the sands restless, I've but naught else to do except read. No need to be a Shah when there are people like you, Karszen."

"I'll take that as a compliment... But you really should take interests in events other than those that happen in books."

"I should, shouldn't I? Well, judging by your comment, I assume you have important news?"

"Yes. We have received a message from the Sadist of the Pillar of Lust. A new Lord of Lust has finally shown up."

"That's nice... Hmmm? What'd you say?"

*Sigh* "The Sadist from the Pillar of Lust sent a message saying there is a new Lord of Lust."

"That's nice... One more time, please?"

"Belphegor... I'm going to have to burn that book if you don't pay attention this time."

"Now now, no need to get all violent on me. I'm listening intently this time."

"The SADIST from the PILLAR of LUST sent a message that said they have a new LORD of LUST! If you didn't hear me that time, I will burn that book."

"Don't worry, I heard you. A new Lord of Lust... That's good, the two decades was almost up and I would have been forced to change my attention from my book. Well, I could have finished this book by then at least. Ha ha... That Garfield..."

"May I present to you this human world alcohol, General, they call it... Jack Daniels."

"Ohoh! I like this Jack man already! And his friend Daniels! They like this stuff don't they? The humans I mean."

"It was a popular beverage to the area I visited. I did not try it myself, however, I figured you would prefer to have it yourself."

"Hmmm, tis' quite interesting indeed! I can see why this Jack and Daniels fellow would make this. Perhaps we should bring this Jack and Daniels duo here to make this stuff for me exclusively? Here, have a drink as well! Tis a fantastic occasion!"

"To what fantastic occasion are we drinking towards today, General?"

"Why none other than the arrival of the new Lord of Lust. Tis 'bout time one appeared. I would hate to intervene, and the two decades were almost up! I especially love the vintages from the Land of Lust. Before you go, make a trade agreement immediately in order for me to taste their vintages from eighteen years ago until now! I've been quite sad without my favorite lusty beverage!"

"At once, General. Also, we will make arrangements to have Jack and Daniels brought over to here."

"Very good! Tis a fine day indeed!"

"Princess! Princess!"

"My my... What is it, Rachel?

"We have a visitor here to see you, she is from the Pillar of Lust, the Sadist, Teras."

"My my... Show her in, attend to her every needs, we shan't have a guest here go unserved."

"Princess Lucifer! I AM so very happy to see again!"

"Oh don't go calling me such a masculine name like Lucifer, it's my title, not my actual name."

"If you insist... Princess Lucifer."

"My my... You just won't give up, will you? Pleasantries aside, what brings you here today?"

"I have news that may interest you greatly, as they also concern your daughter, Nerissa."

"Oh? Oh! The new Lord of Lust should be here right? Eighteen years have passed, haven't they! Does my daughter like him?"

"Very much so, at least of what I saw. Although he had already gathered a harem of four girls: including Asmodea, of course, a witch of some sorts, as well as a brand new Fallen Angel. Your daughter would be the fourth."

"Really? The harem I should expect from a Lord of Lust, but it is surprising to hear he has a Fallen Angel with him, one hasn't fallen from grace since the last war between our races."

"Though trouble will be brewing already. I'm also here because other matters. The annoying pretender, Arazra, has gathered AN annoying amount of followers, as well as one from our pillar division, Zazie. I hope to count on your support should drastic events take place."

"My my... Arazra, well... I bet you could take care of him yourself!"

"Of course I could... Zazie, however, is a different story."

"My Lord Arazra, what was thought impossible, happened. A so-called Lord of Lust has taken residence in the capital. And our attempts to beguile any of others in the Pillar of Lust, have failed."

"My damned father thinks he can take away my inheritance by placing his pretender on his throne. Such bullshit. I'm his damned son! We'll have to move quickly. Inform my sister that the plans have changed. Have Zazie investigate the capital. Also, bring those damn mercenaries here already. The mercenaries are powerful enough to handle the Pillar of Lust along with Zazie... We can still do this.

"At once, Lord Arazra."

12