All Comments on 'The Maestro Ch. 03'

by barabajagal001

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

This is perfect. I hope you keep going with this kind of attitude, but I'm curious to what else you have planned. Hope it's coming soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very Capable Writer - A Story I Can Hopefully Soon Forget

The writer is to be commended for her evident writing skill. However, I hope she will work to identify better story arcs going forward. Sebastien turns out to be just another criminal sadist, taking an absolute beginner to D/s and submitting her to breath play as well as multiple physical assaults

Claire is a well-drawn character, especially given the limited amount of story written so far. But is the reader supposed to suspend disbelief to the point of believing that she fears loss of Sebastien's 'affection' more to losing her own life? He chokes her in this chapter...

Given Sebastien's base nature, this reader will not see what happens to her. This reader doesn't need fantasies involving potential homicide.

barabajagal001barabajagal001over 12 years agoAuthor
Response to the Below

I don't know if you'll read this, SoCal, but I can see why you would have read it that way, and I actually think it's a definite failing on my part to have communicated what was going on. Specifically I was trying to note he definitely did not actually choke her - I know how dangerous that is and I don't think it's sexy, but pressure on the neck around the choke point can be, without cutting off air or blood flow. Secondly, Claire is not the only beginner to D/s in this story. Sebastien tells her straight out he doesn't know what he's doing either. The point of the series is to show two people who bring out in each other these deep, dark fantasies, and their struggle to deal with those fantasies and their surface relationship with each other. I actually thought to myself while writing, it doesn't sound believable, but, it was what was in my head, and I thought I'd take the chance it wouldn't go over well - which, for you, it obviously didn't. So I am sorry if you found it overly disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
keep writing

keep writing

delightdawndelightdawnabout 12 years ago

I just started this story and haven't been able to stop myself. I find it very thrilling. I read it as the characters are working on coming to terms with what they want, how they want. Can't wait to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
double standards

Maestro can have his gay lover but Claire can't have her boyfriend. Claire should kick his ass and tell him where to go

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I am so mad at Claire right now. I know she's not leaving Todd on principle, but I would have left him in a heartbeat. Nothing to do about it except read chapter 4 :p

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ah, I misunderstood something earlier that you’ve clarified in the comments section, I thought he meant that he hadn’t had a d/s relationship with someone he works with. Instead it was meant to read that he’d never had a d/s relationship. It certainly didn’t come across as *I'm a novice too*. Or did he actually mean *I've never had any kind of relationship before?*

Worryingly that makes his actions worse. If you don’t know how to do something then logic dictates that you find out instead of blundering through. It’s completely at odds with his perfectionist nature.

It’s definitely a good read though, thanks for sharing.

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbarabajagal001@barabajagal001
251 Followers
My works The Maestro & The Soprano are available on Amazon (under the name Grace P. Morgan) now, in ebook and softcover form! Both have been extensively edited with some new material.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES