The Marine Bk. 02 Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Stay," they almost cried in unison, and I was amused at the pleading in all their eyes. Guess I'd made an impression.

"Okay," I said, relenting easily again. I didn't really listen into the conversation, but I made sure I sat so I was facing the doorway, watching anyone who walked in. Adriana knew what I was doing, at least, ensuring she sat furthest away from the door, closest to me, so I could cover her if necessary. The girls talked about a myriad of topics, some of them interesting, but most of them not. There was no missing they were close friends, though, and had likely known each other most of their lives.

After a couple of hours, it was time to go. I didn't have enough space to drive them all home, but as the girls all parted, there were lingering glances in my direction. Adriana blushed more than once. I had a feeling they were suggesting some very inappropriate things already.

"Bye, Nick," they five of them chorused as they stepped into another couple of SUVs.

Shaking my head, I opened the door for Adriana, noticing the colour still her cheeks, before I slid behind the wheel. "You have some delightful friends, Adriana," I said once I had us underway again.

"They're not normally like that."

"Make an impression, did I?"

"My last bodyguard was nothing like you. At least twenty years older and not as.... Well, as I said when meeting you yesterday, you're rather handsome."

"Thanks."

"What do you think of me, Nick?"

"Not going to answer that question. That is one hell of a slippery slope that I can't afford to go down."

"How old are you?"

"Old enough to know better." I glanced at her once at a red light. "You normally this forward?"

"How am I being forward?"

"Well, it wasn't just you, but I picked up enough at the coffee house."

"We're young women enjoying ourselves. And we had a handsome man at our table, keeping us all safe. We liked that, Nick, and we could see you were taking our safety seriously."

"They don't have guards?"

"Not everyone needs them. I need you because of my father and what he's hoping to do. I sometimes wish..." She trailed off and looked out the window, though I noticed her drying her cheeks. That's when I did reach across and gently take her hand. Nothing wrong with showing empathy. I still managed it from time to time. "Thank you," she whispered.

"Can't claim to understand anything, but I know what it's like to just want a normal life. I haven't had that in a long time now."

Arriving home, I escorted her inside before she stopped and turned to me. I think she wanted to give me a hug, but it was probably too soon, and too inappropriate. So I met her eyes and smiled, jerking my head up before she returned the smile, and dashed up the stairs. Wandering through the kitchen, there was no sign of anyone from the family though Marcia was already busy at work. She grinned upon sensing my presence.

"Drink?" she asked.

"Coffee please."

A couple of minutes later, I had a large mug of proper coffee in my hand, heading upstairs to my room, cleaning my weapon and leaving that next to my laptop. I didn't expect anything untoward, but always wanted a weapon close to hand, just in case the worst did happen. With no-one else around, hanging around a nineteen-year-old woman wasn't appealing in certain aspects, though when I heard music start to blare from her room, that did gain my interest.

Poking my head through her doorway, she was lying back on her bed, playing with her phone. "Who's this?" I wondered.

She looked my way and smiled. "You like the sound?"

"It's in English but the lyrics suggest they're local, or at least from Brazil?"

The smile broadened. I grabbed the chair from her desk and sat near her bed. "They're called Armahda."

"I'll be honest, wouldn't have had you picked as someone who would enjoy this sort of music. That's on me, though."

"Had me as a dance and pop song sort of girl?" I chuckled, nodding my agreement. "I'll listen to anything, Nick. But I have a soft spot for this sort of music. I've got a load of music from Europe. I've always wanted to go there to one of those big festivals. And survive the mosh pit!"

"Right, sounds like there is one thing I can do in addition to protecting your butt. And that is introduce you to European metal. Any preference or you'll listen to anything?"

"Anything."

We spent the afternoon listening to music, only stopping when we eventually headed downstairs for dinner. No sign of her father but her mother and one brother did join us. I had a feeling meals rarely involved the entire family. A couple of guards ate nearby, seeming to keep their distance, but I was so used to eating with Marta at the villa, I didn't think eating with the family as being inappropriate. I'd been made to feel incredibly welcome by most of them.

Adriana was at university all week. I surprised her by being awake earlier than everyone else except Marcia, doing my usual morning workout routine. I was tempted to go out for a run, though I was told sticking to a treadmill in the small gym was a better idea. Still racked up the miles on it though. I was just finishing breakfast when Adriana appeared, fresh faced and ready to face another week.

"You're already up and about?" she asked.

"Been up since six," I replied, "I was a Royal Marine in the UK. Every morning, I exercise. Gets the heart pumping, blood flowing, and I feel good the rest of the day. Marcia has now provided a rather excellent breakfast. Obrigada, Marcia. Vamos nos tornar bons amigos." Adriana grinned at me as I finished my coffee. "I'm just going to have a shower, then I'll drive you to university. Do you want to be escorted in or just be dropped off?"

"If you escort me in, you can meet my friends again."

"So that's a no..." My tone made her giggle. "Right, I'll be ready in fifteen."

She was talkative that morning, which certainly made our journey far more pleasurable in many respects. Better than sitting in silence. Pulling up outside the university, I noticed more than one young man or woman being escorted, so I switched off the engine, checked our surroundings, before getting out and opening the door for Adriana.

I felt her walking close to me as we strolled towards the entrance, and three of her friends I remembered from the coffee house approached us. "Hello, Nick," they greeted us, almost in unison.

"Hello, girls." I turned to Adriana. "Call me when you're finished. Don't leave the building until I'm here." She nodded her head in understanding, before I turned to her friends. "Are you girls okay too?" I think they all blushed at the fact I seemed to care. "Any of you need a lift this afternoon, just have Adriana message me. Best you get home safely, right?"

The week passed without incident. I drove Adriana to university each morning. I'd check out any rumours I received otherwise, though there was little actual investigative work for me to perform, and I'd pick up Adriana in the middle of the afternoon. Each day, I'd also give at least a couple of her friends a lift home. They'd converse in Portuguese, and more than once, I'd recognise they were talking about me. More than one comment left Adriana blushing. I was left thinking that, rather quickly, she was nursing a little crush.

On Saturday, I drove her to the outskirts of the city to a ranch as she owned a horse. Or the family owned horses. A couple of her friends, learning their names as Fernanda and Luana, joined us as they also owned a horse. The ranch was private so they could ride around without needing to worry about anything, so I could at least relax, though always kept an eye on them. The three seemed to relax while riding on horseback, giggling and chatting away as they put their thoroughbreds through their paces.

"Can we stop for a drink on the way home, Nick?" she asked once we were settled in the SUV again.

I glanced at her. No pleading with her eyes. Just a simple question. "Anywhere in particular you want to go?"

"By the beach. It's a lovely day. Would be nice to spend an hour or two in the sun."

Turning to her friends, I asked, "I assume you would like to come too?" They smiled and nodded eagerly. Turning back to Adriana, I asked, "And your other friends?"

"They'll meet us there."

"I can't drink, but you can."

"I'll make you a cocktail when we get home, Nick. But thank you."

I turned us onto the highway that would lead to Ipanema. Managing to find a parking spot, I knew I would have stood out with my suit and sunglasses, and I hoped the simple bulge of the pistol in its holster would deter most people. I opened the passenger door for Adriana, then other door for Fernanda and Luana to get out, before escorting all three to the nearby bar their friends were waiting. They ordered cocktails, I stuck to coffee, though they insisted I sit with them again. I would have rather sat elsewhere and just kept an eye on them, but all six of them insisted, and I didn't sense any danger, so gave in rather easily.

Within a couple of hours, the six of them were looking and sounding rather merry. Thankfully, when I suggested to Adriana that we should go home, she didn't put up an argument. Instead, she just looked sad. So I asked, "Why don't your friends just come over? There's the pool and everything. I know it's isn't here... but..." I shrugged a little helplessly. It was the best idea that came to mind.

To my surprise, six sets of eyes lit up and I was hugged by at least three of them. I didn't think it was that big a deal, though I guessed there was likely a reason why they rarely visited. Though highly illegal, I drove all six of us home, the guard just waving me through the gate when seeing the SUV drive up, pulling up outside the house.

Marcia noticed six giggling girls follow me into the kitchen. Her face lit up upon seeing them. "Was this your idea?" she asked.

"Is it a bad idea?"

"No. Not at all." She then switched to Portuguese. "Girls, do you have bikinis?" They all giggled, assuring her they were already wearing them. "Well, you head outside to the pool. I'll make sure drinks are served." She switched back to English for me. "Do you wish to relax, Nick?"

I glanced at the six girls. "I'm not sure..."

"Nick, they're safe and sound behind the walls. You can enjoy a drink or two. If you need, sit outside for your own peace of mind."

"Okay, I'll change at least."

Heading upstairs, I change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, sliding my feet into a pair of loafers, ensuring my weapon was in the band of my shorts. Walking past Adriana's room, she was heading out of hers at the same time, a towel over her shoulder, wearing a bikini top and some very small shorts. She came to a stop and my eyes just looked her up and down. She smiled and walked in front of me, and I couldn't take my eyes from her arse.

Marcia had a cocktail waiting for me, the five other girls already outside in the pool, a pair of jugs sitting by the edge. "They're going to get drunk," I stated.

"Good," Marcia said, "Adriana... She is here alone too often. She sees her friends but it is an isolating experience. Thank you for suggesting this, Nick."

"Why don't they visit?"

Marcia sighed. "A lot of reasons. Her father, for one. He is a good man, but he has expectations. Then there is the fact this is almost some sort of compound. Their parents don't particularly approve, worried that we'll be attacked by the enemies of her father." She rested a hand on my forearm. "But never mind that. She is smiling and happy, as are her friends. That's what matters. They can all stay the night if necessary."

I took a seat at one of the small tables near the pool, sipping at my rather tasty cocktail, trying not to ogle the girls in the pool too much. They were having a great time though, laughing, shrieking, splashing and definitely drinking. Within an hour, I was being asked if not told to join them. I was on my second cocktail by then and feeling rather warm. So I peeled off my shirt and sat on the edge of the pool to start. That's when they grew quiet.

"You were shot," Adriana whispered, swimming closer to me. They all did, gathering around me. The six of them were utterly beautiful.

"A couple of times. That thing I told you about in Europe." I pointed at the wound on my shoulder. "This one went straight through. Thankfully didn't hit anything important." I pointed at my chest. "I took two bullets here, but I was wearing a vest, so while it hurt, I wasn't injured." I gestured with a thumb. "I've got a wound in my back. Cowardly bastard shot me while I was on the ground." I pointed to my side. "I didn't even know about this bullet until the adrenaline wore off. Hit nothing important but it was certainly a bleeder."

"Wow," Fernanda whispered, "Is that the only time you were wounded?"

"Quite a few cuts and grazes during my time in the Marines, but I was never shot. Before you ask, I was in both Iraq and Afghanistan." I slid into the pool. "Being here with you is better than the hot sand and being shot at."

Marcia delivered more jugs of cocktails, assuring me that food would also be served, as I knew most of them likely hadn't eaten much. I generally sat on the ledge most pools had, just keeping watch as the girls fooled around. I picked up certain bits of their conversation, aware they were likely sticking to the Portuguese rather than English, one as it was their natural tongue, and two so I couldn't understand all that was being said.

The sun was setting, the lights turned on. More cocktails but at least we'd eaten. I had three glasses of caipirinha and called it a night, though stayed in the pool as it was relaxing. The six were starting to conspire, talking quietly, and there was more than one glance in my direction. I was ready to just call it a night and head upstairs, but I'll admit, a little part of me was intrigued. Adriana and the others eventually swam towards me, Adriana to my left, Luana to my right, Fernanda, Juliana, Camila and Elena managing to stand in front of us. Her friends were as gorgeous as Adriana was.

"You're thinking and conspiring," I finally said, "And you're all drunk." That made them all burst into giggles. Raised a smile on my face too. "I would suggest you all behave but... Well... As long as you don't drown..."

"Maybe you could give us mouth to mouth?" Luana suggested.

I glanced at her, and the hunger in her eyes was something I'd seen before, but unexpected in a woman who barely knew me.

Feeling Adriana's hand on my thigh had me turning towards her. "Nick, what if I were to tell you that the six of us were virgins?" she asked softly.

I looked around more than once before I replied, "Well, I think the men who prove to be your first would be very lucky indeed. All I know is that I'm surrounded by six beautiful young women." Giggles. Lots of giggles. And that made me chuckle. Maybe it was the booze. Maybe it was the fact they were almost naked, as their bikinis didn't hide much. I certainly wasn't going to touch Adriana, that was playing with fire, but the other five? I was tempted. "But you also barely know me. And I am at least a little older than you."

"How old?" Luana asked.

"Old enough to know better. Not old enough to feel guilty if I were to give into temptation." I met each pair of eyes. "You're all beautiful young women though. I'm rather fortunate to be sitting here with you right now. But I also must behave, particularly in front of Adriana, and definitely in front of her parents and anyone else. I am employed by them."

Adriana leaned into me, taking my left arm and wrapping it around her. "I feel safe," she whispered, no surprise I was soon being cuddled by six attractive young women.

"I'm here to keep you safe, Adriana. And I guess, whenever your friends are with you, I'll keep them safe too."

Absolutely the right thing to say at that moment. But I extricated myself. I wasn't going to take advantage of the situation as they'd been drinking all afternoon and into the evening. Grabbing a towel, I was wiping myself down when Luciana appeared, wearing a one-piece swimsuit. She was a vision of beauty, just like her daughter. "Marcia told me this was your idea," she said softly, resting her towel on a nearby lounger, "Thank you. I know my daughter feels lonely at times."

I stepped closer to her, lowering my voice. "Are people scared of coming here?"

"This place is a fortress, Nick, for very good reason. So it makes people afraid." She rested a hand on my forearm. "She likes you, Nick. She feels safe with you."

"Good. I want her feeling comfortable in my presence, but also assured I'll do anything to keep her safe."

She glanced past me towards the pool, a grin forming. "And I think you have a fan club too. You are rather different to her previous bodyguard." She looked me up and down, making a sound of approval. "Yes, very different."

"I think I'll head inside." Her eyes rested on the wound in my shoulder. You couldn't miss seeing it, from either side. "Earned that during my last role as a bodyguard. And I'd do the same and more for your daughter. In a heartbeat."

That earned a soft kiss on my cheek. "Thank you," she whispered, before walking towards the pool, seven voices soon chatting away in Portuguese as I headed inside. Marcia offered me a glass of iced water, which I was desperate for, taking the offered snack at the same time, before I wandered upstairs. I read over a few reports that I'd had come in, but there was a message from the Director that had me scratching my head.

Charlie,

Change in mission parameters. Situation regarding Antonio Felipe Moutinho de Sousa. Primary role as protection to his daughter remains. Secondary role will be protecting family unit. Will contact when information confirmed. You may learn before me.

I heard the girls eventually head into Adriana's room, gossiping and giggling away. I was lying back on my bed and couldn't help grin. In many ways, it reminded me of times with Hannah, Emma and Amy, or Amy and Katie. And thinking of them... The sudden heartache wasn't something I expected. I hadn't thought about them in years, simply because I didn't allow myself to.

My door opened while I was fast asleep. I sensed it opening, just one of those things I'm sure a lot of people feel even when dead to the world. Opening an eye, I noticed Luana creep towards my double bed. With the house completely air-conditioned, I did cover myself in a sheet, and was wearing underwear. In the faint light provided by the moon, I could see she was still wearing a bra and panties. Lifting the sheet, she ever so slowly eased herself onto the bed before moving back against me. I made her gasp when I pulled her gently towards me.

"Sneaky," I whispered.

"Do you mind?" she asked, hearing the nervousness in her tone.

"No, but you're only sleeping here."

"That's all I wanted."

I drifted off rather quickly and only woke up when the internal alarm clock starting to ring, opening my eyes to feel hair tickly my chin, glancing down to see Luana had turned around, her forehead resting against my chest, snuggled into me otherwise. Running my fingers up and down the smooth skin of her back, she shuffled slightly. I would normally get up at this time, but I honestly didn't feel like it that morning. I could give exercises a miss every so often.

She woke up far earlier than I thought, and was amused that she did have at least a little hangover, though they had stopped drinking early the previous night. She met my eyes, hers a deep brown, almost milk chocolate, and she was paler than Adriana. Glancing down, she had a nice pair of breasts, at least a C, but was rather slim, almost athletic. Toned pair of legs.

"Adriana know you're here?" I asked.

"Of course. I told her, she told me to go for it."