All Comments on 'The Meaning of One Word'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
Wonderful

Scorpio

What a wonderful way to leave this world when you have to, surrounded by love, in whatever way it is given.

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
Once again...

When I see a story you author, I can't wait until the evening to read it. Your story moves, touches and inspires me.

Phil

Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
It's hard to type with tears in your eyes.

The pains of life softened by love. Thank you.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
sad and well written

Do such people really exists? It would be nice to think so...

SouthernPassion53SouthernPassion53over 13 years ago
Sad but with happiness

THis was a sad but moving story. I agree with others in theiur words. Love may not cure all things but love makes the pain of losing someone easier to bear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks

I have been reading stories on here for years and the thought of having a family accept you and be with you in a time of crisis is a dream. I just wish people helped each other like in your story. Thank you for taking the time to write it and the thought that went into it. If there is a group like this I would like to find them because life is short and before you know it time is up.

George

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Great writing as always and as usual a wierd spin....

....on reactions to a common tragedy. Although I know it is difficult to perform underwater, especially at roughly 5 atmospheres pressure (first 20 + each additional 10 isn't it?) -I'll bite on that club, but to me, the meaning of family is HOSPICE. They were the greatest gift to us last year when my sister was dying.Thanks for writing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wonderful. .

Wouldn't the world be better place if there were more lovong, caring people in the world reaching out and helping people at their time of greatest need. Blessings for sharing this beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

This is a very nice and affirming story. It is well written.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
This is a Joke right?

Let me see if I have this right.... because Neela has Cancer the guy for some has to fuck Sara and lots of other bisexuals?

sounds like an amazingly bad episode of Penthouse forum.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Another wonderful story

Keep up the great work. I really enjoy reading and re-reading your stories

Scorpio44aScorpio44aover 13 years agoAuthor
For Harryin VA

All the sex in the story was between Sara, Neela, Nick and Megan. You're right all three women are bi. The story does not say Nick fucked Megan, only that they shared a sexual experience. I'm not sure you understood the story. Nothing like it would be printed in Penthouse. They don't print stories about family.

I am flattered that you read at least part of my story. Thank you.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Loved the story

Connection, love and acceptance is a form of spiritual healing. I certainly would not wish the opposite on anyone.

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Great family, I hope it grows!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved your story - and your message.

In this age of negativity, it is heartwarming to read such a moving positive story albeit a bittersweet one, portraying life as we dream it could be lived. Sharing love, giving of self, without restriction - just loving.

Thanks for another wonderful, moving episode. Keep up the excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I am generally a big fan!

I found this story to be overwhelmingly simplistic and fairly lame. Definitely not up to your usual high standards at all.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970over 13 years ago
Family's the folks you care about-everything else is just commentary.

I've been using the word poignant a lot lately, but it fits in this story. A lovingly written story about loving and being loved without stifling the individuals.

It's not a new idea, people have tried communes for centuries off and on, because people need to from communities they feel worth belonging to. It's almost like a chapter of Stranger In a Strange Land, a long-beloved book that I still find worth a read.

Daddy Lee and his crew articulate and make happen a fantasy of communal love and support without compulsion and total respect for each other. It seems so silly to let pride, ego, and fear overrule the more generous sides of our nature, but that's human history. Good job, Scorpio44. I loved the story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
That could be a bout people one might really know -

As dearly as I wish all of you r stories had real life potential and we could all just find a family like that - this is one that comes very close to possible IMHO.

I have spent most of my life in or around health care and the people in it - and this is possible to a large degree - my extended family is very large and always has been.

We never have quite this connection but it is not hard to see that nest couple of steps.

Thank you very much - pain and all -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wish that people loved like this

When my wife died it was just me. Through hospice groups I have found this true. Friends leave you and Family don't understand or are dealing with their own pain. If this could be then maybe the pain would be less, because love conquers pain. Understanding the pain and lose and replacing pain with love is wonderful. Sometimes people you never knew become your family. Again the closeness of our hospice group is almost like family. We continue to add others but it is months after the death. Love is most important. God has two basic commandments, Love God and love others. Thanks for this story I cried and felt the love also.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Strange Doesn't Do It Justice

Odd, interesting, somewhat erotic, mystical, weird, confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very spiritual and romantic. A nice idea.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A true love story!!!

A modern fable; well written and very soulful!! Thank you!!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Too far out belongs fantasy

Only gave you 1 star

Didn't like personally but I am sure some will

Star was for writing at least you did something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Family

What a sad but uplifting story. If only we all could love like that!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
If you have lost someone....

This story is so awesome because family love does matter and makes a difference. Just reading this story had me reaching for my handkerchief, hit too close to home. I'm not so sure the sex at the end was necessary or actually very realistic, but all in all it was worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My eyes are wet. . . . . . .

Thank You !

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

I'm an oldtwit, so my feelings aren't quite as Rose coloured anymore, I can see where you were aiming for but feel it's just too syrupy, it is just much too hippy, back in the days for me.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Meh. It STARTED out well at 5 star level, but then went downhill sharply, unfortunately. Int author's defense, even Heinlein failed at this "universal love" thing when he wrote "Stranger in a Strange Land". It's not an easy idea to sell to people who actually understand human nature. I'll give it 3 stars for the promising start. But no more, because "family" doesn't mean "love" and very few people love purely unreservedly and not in a transactional way (especially women).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous