The Mechanic's Tale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry, I just had visions and, well, you are an attractive woman, Mum. You should date more."

"I'll be honest; I simply don't want to. I've got two little girls to care for, my son to look after me when I'm feeling down, and toys to use when I'm horny."

"Are you still hurt?" I asked softly.

"I'm just glad I don't see him when I look at you," she whispered, "That's why I still enjoy son cuddles. But you know the truth, Mark. I was treated... He was never violent, but he made me feel worthless. I don't feel like that anymore, not on the surface, but..."

"I'll take you out."

She leaned back, curious before a broad grin formed. "What? Like a date?"

"Well, obviously not quite like that. But I'm making enough money now, and whatever I don't spend on bills, I save. Therefore, I think I should treat you to a nice out. Meal, drinks, something else."

"You're serious?"

"Yeah. Come on, when was the last time you went out that wasn't a work function?"

She had a thoughtful look on her face for a few seconds, before a sweet grin appeared. "When?"

"Next weekend. We'll drop the girls off at our grandparents and I'll take you out to dinner. Just the two of us."

"So it is a date!"

"I'm taking my mother out for dinner. That's not unusual."

"It is if it's just me and you, Mark."

"Now you're making it awkward."

"No, you are."

She poked her tongue out. "Am not," she added.

So I tickled her. It was good to hear her laugh, just like when I'd do the same thing to my sisters, tickling them all over and giggling away. Chased her around the house, avoiding my sisters room, before she stopped and gave me her look of 'You'd better stop, mister'. So I opened my arms wide and she cuddled into me. Stroking the back of her head, she looked up at me, her green eyes alive with feeling. I swallowed before clearing my throat. "Um..."

"Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you, son."

I smiled. "I love you, Mum."

I hugged her tightly. Not too tight she couldn't breathe, but gave her a good squeeze.

We'd always had a good relationship, but that next week, I won't say we acted like a couple but it felt things had changed. Just slightly, but enough that both of us seemed to think something was going on. There's be those glances we'd share which made us both smile, light touches as we walked by each other, kisses on the cheek which, while appearing innocent, seemed to indicate something else. I actually didn't trust myself to say at home on the Friday. All I knew is that the attraction that had always been dormant was waking up. And I didn't want to ruin anything by doing something completely and utterly stupid.

"So where are you taking me tomorrow night?" she asked.

"Well, I like to think I know my mother quite well. Despite the fact she's a hot-shot lawyer in her business suits, working long hours and providing for her two children... I don't count myself. I like to think I contribute at least a little."

She took my hand immediately. "Mark, you've been the man of this house from the moment you started working and contributing. Simple as."

I felt my cheeks grow a little warmer at the compliment. "Anyway, despite being the hot shot lawyer, I think my mother is also a simple woman at heart. Am I right?"

"You are."

"So I'm thinking an afternoon at the footy, dinner and drinks in the city after that, then wherever the night takes us."

"So it's a date?"

I groaned but chuckled at the same time. "If you want it to be a date, Mum, so be it."

"I love it, Mark. There's a new steakhouse that's getting rave reviews. We should check it out."

"Give me the name and I'll see if I can get us reservations."

I just went with jeans, nice shirt, leather shoes, bit of cologne and a lot of deodorant for our 'date'. Mum walked out of her bedroom wearing a gorgeous red dress, tight to her petite body, just a hint of cleavage, smooth, bare legs, sensible shoes though a hell of perhaps an inch or so. She had a little make up on, her hair was simply vibrant.

"Wow," I whispered.

"You look very handsome too, Mark."

"Thanks, Mum. You're something else entirely."

The grandparents thought taking my mother out for the night was a great idea, hearing my grandmother say more than once that my mother should head out more often, but that if her grandson was willing to do it, then so be it. Mum threw me the keys to her car as we headed out, parking in one of the multi-storey car parks near the ground before heading in.

It was the first time we'd been to a live game in a couple of years, at least, and with a full crowd around us, the atmosphere was great, buying us a couple of drinks each as we watched the team we both supported win. That put us in a better mood, catching a train the rest of the way into the city. The sun had set during the game, and I couldn't help smile as Mum made the move to hold my hand, feeling her fingers latch between mine. I glanced at her and saw a little colour in her cheeks. I squeezed gently which made her look at me.

"Definitely a date."

The steakhouse was fantastic. Busy but I'd managed to reserve a table in a quiet corner. Mum couldn't stop smiling, and I couldn't stop looking into her eyes. I'd spent years occasionally checking her out. I was a young man and curious, and Mum was the first female I really saw. I'd seen her naked more than once, always be accident, but she assured me the naked body was nothing to be embarrassed about, nor should I be shy in ever asking questions. She just wasn't going to lie back and go into ultra-detail about her pussy or anything. Hearing your mother say 'pussy' as a teenager certainly makes you blush while she finds it very amusing.

We found a bar where we could sit side by side in a booth, enjoying a couple of drinks. I was a little surprise how easily the conversation flowed about any number of topics. I'd dated before, so maybe that's why I found it easier, though I told myself it was my mother, and though I did like to impress my mother, the end goal wasn't about getting into her panties. Or that's what I kept having to tell myself.

"So you're not a virgin," she stated after a couple of drinks. Almost spat mine over the table, needing to cough a couple of times, Mum rubbing my back, "You suggested you have sex, yes?"

"When the opportunity presents itself."

"Who was your first?"

I met her eyes, mischief abounding in them. "Cindy."

"Cindy Williams? Who lives four doors down?"

"Yeah. We didn't exactly date but, well, she let it be known she'd be down for some fun. She was a virgin too, and as she's always been a good friend, we simply agreed to lose it together."

"How was it?"

"Not as terrible as either of us thought it would be. Yeah, awkward as we had to figure things out, but once we did, it was quite nice."

Mum leaned closer to my ear. "Make her cum?" she breathed.

I cleared my throat. "Um, yeah, I was rather impressed. She told me what felt good, I did it and she made a lot of noise."

"Were you safe?"

"She'd been on the pill for a couple of years by then. No worries there. She didn't want me to wear a condom, and I'll admit, I wanted my first time without one. After that, we fooled around for a few months, agreeing to stop if either of us met someone. She's obviously with Joe now. We're still good friends, and he's a good guy for her. He knows we fooled around, but I consider him a friend too."

"Well, she's not had a child either so I guess it's not a problem. What about since then?"

"Depends but, yes, I'm generally safe, Mum. Not so much about having a child but the other issues that can crop up."

"How many, Mark?"

"What, partners?" She nodded. "Including Cindy, I've had six in total."

"I've had four, Mark."

I swallowed my drink quickly again. "Four? But... How? You should be beating the men off with a stick!"

"I lost my virginity while still at school. He was a good friend, part of our group. It wasn't great, it wasn't awful. We fooled around for about half a year then he met someone else. I then had a couple of short term flings before I met your father when I was nineteen." She sighed. "The last time I had sex was when I feel pregnant with your sisters."

"You haven't been laid in six years?" She looked into my eyes, blushing and shaking her head. Feeling a surge of confidence, I leaned closer. "So those toys get a good work out then?" I whispered.

"They will tonight, Mark," she breathed, "Definitely going to make myself cum more than once. I haven't had a night like this in years."

Our faces were no more than a couple of inches apart. I could see something in her eyes. There was always the love she had for me as her son, but something I'd seen appearing recently. Maybe lust? Maybe desire? I wasn't sure, and didn't want to tempt fate. I took a deep breath as she reached up to stroke my cheek. "My little boy is now a man," she whispered, "Better man than your father ever was." Her hand ran down my cheek, over my shoulder and down my arm. "Your father never had the physique you had, whether when he was your age or older. I've watched you grow taller, broader, more confident... just... I'm proud, Mark." I caressed her cheek, watching her eyes close. What I didn't expect was the tear that escaped, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. "My son looks at me with such love in his eyes," she whispered.

I pulled her close so she could hug me, running my fingers through her hair. We would have looked like lovers than mother and son in that moment, but I don't think either of us cared. I could sense the depth of feeling in that moment. And I was left thinking my mother was possibly experiencing some rather unmotherly feelings at that moment too.

So I resolved to ensure, if anything happened, it would be on her terms.

We stayed in the city until around midnight, talking quietly and not drinking too much, so that by the time we caught one of the last trains back, I was sober enough to drive us all the way home. Mum held my hand the entire way home, glad the car was automatic, so I could easily drive with one hand. Pulling into the driveway, I opened the door for Mum before we headed inside.

"Nightcap?" she asked.

"I don't know if that's a good idea," I muttered. We were home, and though it looked the same, and almost felt the same, our relationship had and was still changing. Standing in the middle of the living room, she walked towards me until our bodies almost touched. Caressing her cheek, I leaned down as she lifted her face to mine. At the last second, I chickened out and kissed her forehead. I sighed with frustration.

"Do you want to kiss me, Mark?" she asked softly.

"Yes."

"I want you to kiss me, Mark."

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Mum."

"Why is that?"

I looked down to meet her eyes. "Because if I kiss you, I'm going to want to go to your bedroom and do a lot more than just kiss you. And I know that's not a good idea... because you're my mother... and everyone would say I shouldn't... We shouldn't..." I looked away and started to blink, "I'm confused, Mum. I'm sorry. I don't..."

She hugged me tightly. "It's okay," she whispered, "It's okay. It's a confusing time for us both. Trust me on that one." She took a deep breath. "Look at me, Mark." I looked at her, feeling her thumbs dry my cheeks. "I love you. You're my son first of all, but you're also the perfect partner in nearly every single way. I've come to rely on your for so much, and I love you even more for it." She took a deep breath, resting a hand on my shoulder. "Mark, you're now a man. I am a woman. At heart, that's all we are. What I can tell you is this. Whenever you're ready, I'll be waiting for you. If it never happens, I can live with that. If it does happen, then... I know I'll never want another man in my life."

"How long?" I wondered.

"The feelings have simply changed from those of pride in my young son into something far deeper since you turned eighteen and I allowed myself to feel what I do now."

I leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Longer than a peck. Short enough that I wouldn't give into the overwhelming desire. When I broke apart, she dazzled me with a smile. "Nightcap?"

I smiled back. "Okay."

Escorting her to her room after our drink, we hugged for a long time. She would have felt my cock pressing into her, but she didn't make mention of it. Though she had to tease me. "I'm going to masturbate now, Mark. I've never told you that before."

"I know."

"I'll be thinking about you the entire time." I sighed, feeling her hand run up and down my back. "Just being honest, but I won't keep teasing you about it. Trust me, nothing will change otherwise. You're my son, I love you very much, and you've always made me incredibly proud."

I had to jerk off when I got to my room that night. Barely lasted five minutes. All five minutes, I thought about Mum. She'd suggested interest but it was such a decision to make, even at eighteen, I didn't feel mature enough to make it, and I knew Mum wouldn't do anything until I was one hundred percent sure.

I just didn't know what to do. I couldn't talk to anyone except her about it.

*****

Cathy

My twin daughters were at a sleepover with some friends from school. Despite being identical twins, they at least had different personalities. Natalie, or Tali as she was called, the name given as her twin couldn't say her entire name for a couple of years, was a quiet little girl, though once she was out of her shell, her enthusiasm was positively infectious. Rebecca, or Becca to most, was the complete opposite. A complete and utter extrovert, needing to be a centre of attention the entire time. They were yin and yang.

Mark was out. Now a twenty-year-old man, there was a distance between us that I knew was breaking both our hearts. I knew why. My feelings for him hadn't changed, and if they had, they had only intensified. I knew how he felt about me, but even a twenty-year-old man isn't completely mature. They're called adults, but eighteen is just an arbitrary number to denote adulthood. He was so responsible and mature in so many ways, but what we felt for each other, I could understand his continued confusion and hesitation.

We had 'dated' for a little while, Mark usually taking me out once a month. But, after that first time, he was almost willing himself to keep it as mother and son. The affection remained, but I could sense him holding back from giving into what he really felt for me. And I knew I couldn't push him. I had promised I wouldn't. He needed to make the leap himself.

When he told me about his girlfriend when he was nineteen, he looked so guilty, almost ready to throw up, I simply had to hold him and assure him it was absolutely fine. He was his own man, he still lived at home, still helped raised his sisters, and I had told him that I wanted him to be happy. Hand on heart, I don't think he was. That first relationship fizzled within six months.

He'd been with his current girlfriend from around nine months. What amused me was the fact she was similar to me in many ways, at least regarding her looks, stature, breast size, or so it looked to me. I'd met her a few times, and even I would admit that she was delightful, and a good match for him, but he spent more time at hers than bringing her home. He'd told me it was because of his sisters, but I knew the real reason. I didn't make a big deal of it, though I missed his presence in the house.

I'm sure many would think a forty-year-old woman sitting at home on a Saturday night must be a rather lonely experience. It wasn't. I had friends I would meet up with at least once a fortnight. My girls were home most weekends, and we'd have a lot of fun, watching movies, eating junk food. On the times Mark was home, he'd entertain the girls and we'd still enjoy cuddles on the couch, but I always kept it motherly. I hoped I never sent him mixed signals, but he still hugged me as often as before. But I could see the turmoil in his eyes nearly every day, and it broke my heart each time.

What I didn't expect was the sound of a car pulling up in the driveway outside. That was followed by the slamming of a car door, then the front door opening and slamming, before he walked past me into the kitchen. I rarely saw Mark angry, as he was usually the sea of calm in a busy household, but he was practically apoplectic with fury. The fact he was carrying a bottle of liquor was the real surprise as he rarely drank.

But it was the language that really surprised me. He never cursed in the house, always mindful of his sisters. I didn't care if he swore in front of me, but this was something I'd rarely ever seen. Carefully getting to my feet, I walked to the door leading into the kitchen and dining room, seeing Mark at the kitchen counter, a glass in front of him full of liquid. He knocked it back before he looked down at it... then he threw it against the opposite wall.

"Fucking cunt bitch!" he shouted. He slumped almost immediately. "Shit," he muttered. With a sigh, he walked towards me and only then did he seem to notice my presence. "Oh... um...."

"I'll get the vacuum," I said softly.

"No, I'll... Mum, I'll... Sorry..."

I pointed back to the living room. "Sit," I ordered, using a tone of voice I wouldn't have used on him in a long time. He blinked at that before he seemed to just sag into himself. "Mark, honey, sit down before you hurt yourself or do something silly. Let me clean up then I'll sit with you. Okay?"

"Okay," he muttered.

He grabbed the bottle, which I didn't mind, and I got to cleaning up the glass. Took a few minutes to clean up, thankful I had something on my feet, going over the area with a broom, then the vacuum, then a dustpan and brush. I think I'd got every shard of glass, though would warn the girls to wear something on their feet for at least a few days.

Grabbing a pair of glasses from the cabinet, I walked out to find my son with his elbows resting on his legs, head in his hands, still muttering under his breath. Sitting next to him on the couch, I took the bottle and poured us a couple of fingers each. Seeing the offered glass, he thanked me before sitting back with a sigh. Curling my legs under me, I made sure I was taking him in. He was ever so handsome. Maybe I only see it because I'm his mother, but I knew he had his fair share of admirers.

"So what happened?" I asked, running my fingers up and down his arm, "Something big if that's how angry you are."

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Don't apologise. At least the girls aren't here. So what happened?"

"Let's just say I'm single again."

"I figured that out, Mark. Tell me what happened. That's wasn't the outburst of someone who just had a good break-up."

He knocked back the liquor, no surprise he coughed immediately. I couldn't help giggle as he almost blushed at me. "Not used to the burn on the way down," he admitted, though he held out the glass for a refill. Once he had it, he continued. "So Tamara and I are at dinner and she starts going on about our relationship. We've been going out for nine months so it's not a surprise. I'm thinking maybe she's going to suggest moving in together. She knows the situation here, but it's something I would have to give serious thought. I didn't anticipate a break-up. She was in too good a mood. No, I just had it wrong entirely." He trailed off with a sigh.

"So what did she suggest?"

"She wanted an open relationship."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, oh. Completely out of the blue. Not something I've ever mentioned, certainly not something I want. She's never mentioned it before either. I know others might do that sort of thing. Good for them. Each to their own. But read the fucking room, Tamara. I... I wasn't polite. I basically suggested she was either already fucking or wanted to fuck someone else immediately, and simply wanted my okay to cheat on me. She didn't like that, but suggested that, yes, she did have someone in mind already. Tried to convince me that I could fuck someone else. I said I didn't need to stick my dick in everything that moves."

123456...8