The Meek Shall Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't think they are after us, but I don't want them to know about us. I won't say who, but we have actually worked with them, indirectly since I am a foreigner and can't get security clearance. Don't worry; they won't do anything to us but snoop."

"When you are all done, move everything from the Aussie server onto the one in Dallas. Then discontinue our use of the one down under."

Trish understood, and if Frank wanted the data in Dallas, it meant that American security agencies might be involved. Any foreign server would be a suspect.

Frank had seen that string of code before. Either the FBI or NSA had become suspicious of the El Paso church. He wanted no part of it. He had planned to send the info anonymously to the FBI, but now it seemed they already knew, and probably worked with the IRS. That was good enough for Frank. He could concentrate on Carol.

Laurie took Carol for a short hike. Neither had done much physical work lately that did not involve a bed, so the walk was easy but far enough that Laurie could talk privately. Pat and Frank remained in camp, sipped beers and tried to reassure each other that Laurie would be successful.

"Carol," Laurie said. "I need to leave for home soon."

"Oh, no," Carol said, "I enjoy your company, and you have helped a lot with Frank, and me too, actually. I feel settled around you, and Pat is a gem too. She seems to understand. Can't you stay longer?"

They had found a comfortable rock where they could look out over the valley. A slight breeze cooled, but they perspired in the scorching sun.

"Yes, Frank seems to progress in his faith, and Pat adores you both," Laurie said. "But I must get back to my church."

"You and Pat are lovers," Carol said without judgment. Laurie detected a note of disappointment. "I am bi," Carol continued, "and I have been since high school. Frank and I were exclusive, and I never told him. I enjoyed our physical life until I realized it was sinful to have physical relations with non-believers."

"Who told you it's sinful?"

"Pastor said so, right after I returned to the Lord. He said he would have to sanction it between Frank and me, and only after Frank had found the Lord."

"So you haven't had sex for over two years?"

"Oh, no, we have a lot of spiritual contact within the church, within God's grace. It is wonderful and satisfying with other vessels of sanctity, both men and women."

"How do you know it is within grace?"

"Pastor said so," Carol said, and then frowned. She was intelligent and suddenly saw that Pastor was the nexus of her beliefs and actions. She suddenly burst into tears, thinking perhaps all was not right.

Laurie noticed Carol's look of doubt and leaned over and hugged Carol tightly. Her lips met Carol's, and they kissed. It wasn't a full-blown sexual kiss, but it held love and promise. Laurie meant both, but had no desire to seduce Carol into something she did not want. Sex was a by-product of love and care, but love had to come first. Sex without love would still be satisfying, but the love was necessary for the complete experience. Carol already loved Frank, and Laurie knew, despite the last two years, Frank loved Carol as much as he ever had. If he did not, no one would be here in the Gila right now. They broke off the kiss. Carol panted and wanted more, but Laurie knew she had to dangle the hope, not satisfy the lust.

"I have a solution, at least for a bit," Laurie said. "Frank lives in Canada, near where Pat and I live. Why don't you come home with us and we can finish with Frank and we all can share what you need?"

Laurie was hopeful, even as the deceit came from her mouth. She laughed, thinking she should write a pamphlet about it and call it: "Lying for the Lord." The El Paso pastor already had one named: "Fucking for the Lord". She waited. Carol closed her eyes.

"Can we pray about it?" Carol asked.

They returned to camp hand in hand. Frank and Pat knew and smiled, but then tried to hide their joy. Carol rushed to him.

"Frank, can you take us to Canada? Laurie says you would find the Lord sooner there." Carol's smile burst out.

Frank swept her into his arms and kissed her. In the joy, Carol responded with passion, but then backed off. She had the strange idea that they would have a wild fuck for the Lord once he accepted Jesus, and if Frank thought that, he would convert sooner. She would flirt, but not surrender before God's victory.

"Do you have your passport?" Frank asked.

"No, it's at home. I need to go get it and talk to Jenny about the business. Please take me back."

Frank had no desire to have Carol go anywhere near El Paso before they united in love. He did not trust the church and wondered if the pastor had a gun collection. It was Texas, after all. Frank wanted to go north and cut east to Ontario.

"I'll ask Trish to get it and bring it here," Frank said. "You can face-time Jenny and work out a schedule. Make it at least for a month. I can set you up for good internet contact from Laurie's place."

"Who's Trish?" Carol asked. Frank saw a flash of anger and jealousy on Carol's face.

"Calm down, my love. She's my assistant and has been running the El Paso office for the past couple of months. I'll let her know where we are, and there is a house key in the office."

Carol seemed to relax, but her face still shone with excitement, partly for Frank, partly for Laurie and full of hope.

Frank had to catch Trish before she left the office, so he went inside and called her on the net. Frank told her what he needed and where the passport was.

"Boss," Trish said, "the churchies are going nuts. That Fran woman has called twice a day, demanding I tell her where you are and asking if I knew anything about your wife. I wasn't lying when I said no."

"Can Ted come with you? Tell him there's a beer in it for him."

"Okay, we'll go first thing tomorrow and be up there early afternoon. Frank," she paused.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Can we stop in Deming again?"

Frank laughed. "Yes, but maybe I should have hired a eunuch."

"Trish, did you take care of the databases?"

"No problem, boss."

"If the FBI shows up with a warrant, cooperate. If they just want to talk, give them my cell number."

Frank hung up. The evening descended softly over an excited camp. They would leave early, the day after tomorrow.

Ted and Trish locked Carol's front door and pulled out. The drive would be long, but the lovers expected another night in Deming. They did not notice the car that followed behind on Carol's street. No one, especially Frank, suspected that the church would do everything to keep Carol in the fold, or eliminate a potential witness who could destroy the church.

Trish drove hard up I-10, oblivious to the black sedan a few hundred meters behind. They pulled into the Quality Inn at Deming to make a reservation for the night. This is where the tail made a slight mistake, and although it seemed harmless, it attracted Ted's attention. As they walked from the car to the front doors, a black sedan almost hit them, but it stopped just short. Ted frowned and looked back at the car as they reached the doors. The driver and a passenger seemed to be interested in what he and Trish did.

"Perhaps they are embarrassed," Ted thought, "but why just sit there?"

Ted took over the driving. He headed up New Mexico 180 towards Highway 12 and then to Apache Creek. They would then head down 94 to the campsite, just off the road.

Ted noticed the car behind keeping pace but well back. He thought it was just a courteous driver, but something bothered him. Since they were hungry, he pulled in for a burger at Bayard, but he was curious.

"Wait for a minute," Ted said.

The black car found a spot away from the SUV. Trish and Ted had an enjoyable meal and carried takeout coffee to the SUV. Ted tried to be careful looking, but the occupants of the black car had not moved while they ate. He would give them one more test at Highway 12.

"Don't look," Ted said, "but that car that almost hit us in Deming has followed us up here."

"Is it the FBI?" Trish asked. "Frank warned me."

"Call Frank," Ted said. Trish speed dialled and put Frank on speaker.

"Frank, we think someone is following us. We saw them at Deming and they stopped when we ate and now turned with us onto 12. Is it the FBI?"

"I doubt it, sweetie. I doubt they even spotted my computer snoop, but we would more likely be small potatoes if they want the tax dodging pastor. Except for illicit ice cream purchases, our books are clean. Was the car at Carol's house when you were there?"

"I can't remember."

"Yes," Ted said, "but I never thought it strange until just now. It was black."

"How did you get so good at this?" Trish asked.

"I'm a reservist," Ted said, "and rotated into Iraq, nothing more dangerous than too much beer, but you learn to notice everything. I kind of knew at the burger joint, but now I'm sure."

"What do we do, Frank?"

"Have you reached Reserve yet?"

"No," Ted said.

"Okay, at the curve, turn right and go to Ella's Café, down 435, I think. Carol and I met Ella when we camped this way. She's good. Put the passport in a bag and tell her Frank Connor will pick it up tomorrow morning. You can trust her."

"Then what do we do?"

"Drive up to Apache Creek, go into the little corner store and buy a pop. Then go back the way you came. Pick a few sight-seeing spots, take some pics, kiss and then eventually drive back to Deming and get your reward. I'll be in touch along our way."

"What if I don't want to kiss her?" Ted asked.

"Then I will later," Frank said. He heard Trish's hard punch to Ted's shoulder and an "ouch". Frank hung up.

"One more night of prayer," Frank thought. He prayed that all went well at Ella's.

The next morning, they did not get away from Ella's without pie and coffee. When Ella gave Carol a big sisterly hug, Carol cried. She suddenly felt all that she had missed out of Frank's arms.

"God bless you," Carol said.

They hit the I-40 at Holbrook and turned east. Canada was four days away.

Part 5 will be published soon. It will probably be the end of the story.

12