All Comments on 'The Misunderstanding'

by Santee110x

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

dumb

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

Dumb, first off cuck suck

secondly he said he wanted to watch

to which she responded by 'doing' it while he was hours away

thirdly as she never actually did it three of your five tags are lies

.

Never lie to the audience, obfuscate sure, hide things - maybe depending on the reveal

Never outright lie

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 2 years ago

Not my cup of tea.

But it was well written and stirred my emotions. Which I guess is the primary goal of all authors.

Well done.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

This could have ended in disaster. What she did was a cruel joke. The husband could have contacted a divorce lawyer, moved out and started the divorce process - maybe even completed it. What if the husband went off the deep and and lost his sanity? Maybe he chose to become homeless for months, or he just walked away with no further communication with her? What if he decided to commit suicide? I'm glad she didn't cheat but this is stepping on dangerous ground and people have been known to act irrationally.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

AUTHOR are you like mentally fucking retarded? Is this story so ridiculous so contrived so stupid that I want to Call the police up and have them arrest you for wasting my time.

.

The 1st problem is that even if they've had a drunken is the drunken night of sex And fantasy talk but it never came up again when neither one of them were drunk? That's not the way real marriages work.

.

The 2nd problem is that he gets the text from his wife and he is shocked and hurt and outraged and humiliated... and he texts her to call me back immediately...???

.

Are you fucking stupid?. Why does the texture something like... "you lying vile disgusting hypocritical bitch.. I didn't want this at all you've destroyed the marriage I'm very upset...."

.

Third.... The wife demands and orders that that the husband not contact her until the sexual Interviews with her fantasy Jim is over. Of course at this Point the husband does not know that this is all make pretend.. But why does he accept the wife's ridiculous stipulations that he can call her?

.

Again this makes no sense within the confines of the story. Here we have a supposedly humiliated outrage Husband yet when the wife puts out these these made up stipulations that he never agreed to for some reason the husband decides to honor them and never call her back on the phone... !!!????

.

Just stupid.

.

Fourth... The wife decides to start texting him about all the supposed the supposed sex which is going on with her new lover even though she just finished stating that that there is to be no communication between them until this guy Jim leaves.

.

Yet she is immediately texting him all the details so It is obvious that the husband has plenty of opportunity to contact he is supposedly cheating deceptive whore wife.

.

This is a truly horrible story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He actually believes this Jim and her interactions with him have been limited to fantasy? What ah idiot.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

When you play with fire, you should expect to get burned!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty sure this could count as mental cruelty.

Anyway this is a nice departure from all cuck stories, overwhelming the category

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Crap. The sick bitch inflicted cruelty whether it was real or not. Many guys would not have responded at all and just not go home until after she had been served; either for adultery or mental cruelty.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

You wrote a lawyer character who has an IQ of a goldfish.

His actions throughout were retarded in the extreme and the wife caricature was ludicrous.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

STUPID

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Yeah, he said that was his fantasy during a drunken conversation but what she did was beyond cruel and could have easily blown up in her face. Distasteful story to me.

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

Read a near verbatim story here about 5 years ago

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Divorce the cunt for mental cruelty, then kneecap this writer for stupidity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really really hated it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very familiar trope - guessed the ending after a couple of paragraphs, was hoping for something different, sadly not, no sympathy for either character, poor

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The guy is lawyer, he should have replied to the first text with “I will start the divorce process when I get home.” And then block her number until after she is served with divorce papers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You guys don't get it, her stud is real, she is just trying to slide out of it because hub seem to have change of mind

and doesn't like it!

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

husband needs surprise the wife with some fake divorce papers, cause that's usually how these fantasies end

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

Why does everyone think that because a person is a good lawyer that they are good at everything in life?

This was a neat twist on the cuckold trope, nicely done.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 2 years ago

I just read the 12 comments of the early birds who read the story before me. They're not surprising, given this is published in loving wives. Like Boyd Percy and BlackJackSteele, I enjoyed your story, which captures brilliantly the frustration of being trapped hundreds of miles away, while your wife is (supposedly) up to mischief. It's just one of the many dangers of marrying a novelist, I suppose!

Welcome back to the world of Literotica, Santee. I, for one, have sorely missed your wonderful contributions. I guess in the eyes of Harryin VA, at least, that makes me also "mentally fucking retarded." Five stars from me, at least! ~~JB

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

The plot was funny and the story was well told, however there are a few things to note. What would have been the answer if he had been involved in an accident on his heated drive home and had been seriously injured or even dead? Could she have lived with the guilt that he died believing that she betrayed him?

And can someone really be so stupid that they fail to see that there is a huge difference between fantasy and reality?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What the wife did was intentional emotional damage. The ending stunk. Poor writing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Fresh perspective, and some analysis, on a kink some men have. At least in this case, your character got a chance to live it emotionally without the reality that couldn't be undone. I figured out the "reveal" part way through it, but still well written and I felt drawn into your universe. Well done! 5*

HikingThruHikingThruover 2 years ago

Interesting. I liked it, but perhaps primarily b/c she didn't cheat. But she inflicted just as much pain on hubby as if she had cheated. And it's that disregard for a supposed life partner that makes most cuckold stories so distasteful. What if he'd crashed while rushing home? As far as this version goes, the main nit is that this follows one fantasy comment made while over-indulging on booze, with no follow-up to ascertain his true feelings. That makes her come across as more mean spirited.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago
Damn, you had me! Wow!

Very well written! You actually had me believing she was cuckolding him! What a wonderful twist!

Devious, teasing, and so heartbreaking at times. Well thought out, exposing all the follies of cuckolding.

Nicely done!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Quite the story. You created a monster and we the readers are the ones that took the bait. Good job.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 2 years ago

The problem is she can't prove she didn't cheat! He will think of this everyday and when he's out of town. This trust is gone .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think it’s a very good story. And I’m not a lover of this story genre.

But, someone who knows grammar, spelling, punctuation and what a run-on sentence is.

Refreshing! Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sp shame on him for saying he wants her to be with someone else but what she did was too much. In real life the guy would call and worst case leave a voice mail saying she went too far. Even have some family member drive over.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

In real life this "joke" would have ended very badly. we can only take the writers word that she didn't really cheat. Yes it proved a point and the husband should be careful what he dreams about.

IdiotsavantIdiotsavantover 2 years ago

Are we really sure that she was just kidding about cucking him? If he was a lawyer as was portrayed in this story, he should make her prove that it did not happen. With the texts, drawings and room reservations, he would easily be able to get a divorce based on Adultery.

Hope Pt. 2 is planned for this story. I can see it starting off with him telling her that he doesn’t believe her and that unless she can prove that it did not happen, he is gone out of the marriage.

There is so much laying on the table about this story, it really needs at least one or more chapters to feel complete.

Thanks for the submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The way you write and your neathendral IQ coupled with absolutly no concept of what your readers want makes me wonder if you are

- a delinquent ?

- a female mind?{in a male body} or

- a mentally retarded sloth?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story, loved to see the husband sweat buckets.

You better be careful about what you wish for in the future!

beanburner69beanburner69over 2 years ago

Was about to stop reading it. But then things clicked with me. Very good.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Santee

You wrote, 'Oh by the way, I charged the room on Visa so you even get to pay for my bed-sheet tango with Jim. I saved the receipt as a souvenir for your cuckold fetish collection or whatever.'

If that statement was true, he has evidence of her cheating, if not, she needs a good psychiatrist to help her through her delusions.

You wrote, 'Between his fingers, tongue, and dick, I lost count of how many orgasms Jim bestowed upon this old gal. Hmm, hmm, that boy Jim had your stodgy ol' wife singing the Hallelujah Chorus at the top of her lungs for over three hours.

The engagement ring and wedding band I gave my wife six years ago are clearly visible in this artistic rendering of my wife's erotic flailings under Jim's masterful virile ministrations.

She's an athletic thirty-year old with shoulder length auburn colored hair who stands in at five foot four.

Well, of course, there is also the public ridicule of the cuckold, which is part of the whole cuckold experience, but I have not subjected you to that.'

I call bullshit to all of this, for starters 30 and in good shape is far form old. Secondly, by sending him the messages while he was conducting business would subject him to public ridicule.

Last, 'Oh you poor, silly goose, meet Jim. Jim is the hero in the novel I am working on. The sexual shenanigans I sent you are just scenarios between him and the heroine in the novel. None of them are real. Just my febrile imagination working overtime.

Relief flooded over me. Jim was a figment of my wife's imagination and not her actual physical lover'

Julie just caused this man to fly home after half a day of working and a six hour drive with his mind shot. If she really hadn't done what she said she had done, she would never put him in the spot where he could have died in a car crash and never hear her lie that it was all a lie. He should leave her just because of mental cruelty. If she was really going to pull off a charade like that, it would have been better to do it while he was home. The supposed second meeting (or third) wasn't needed for her research.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Gave you 5 stars. The bitch was sick to take it that far. I would have expected him to react a little further like stopping at his gun safe to take out a pistol and telling his wife. "Well, then I am not going to have to hunt him down to take his balls off."

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

A twist worthy of O. Henry. I had the same idea as MC finally did that detailed drawings are not made in an afternoon, but an impossible plot device in an LW story has never been an impediment to most authors! VERY well-written and well-played. Even when I expected it was all a set-up, my reading was filled with angst and anger. That you elicited those feelings is the sign of extremely GOOD writing! BRAVO! 5+++/5!

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Clever, as are most of your offerings. Hubby’s casual admission of a cuckold fantasy rightfully shocked his spouse. She fully exposed the truly devastated reaction a sane man would have to being cuckolded. She was cruel, but the asshole desperately needed the bitch slap she dished out. As to the assertion the cuckolding is all a male experience, I agree, except for the occasional sadistic female who gets off on the whole humiliation thing. Willing cuckolds suffer the same sickness as any other masochistic.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Santee's stories range from very good to bottom of the barrel bad. This one got a reaction from readers, but not a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

well written and clever, though the denouement was perhaps fore-shadowed a bit too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bloody awful. Divorce the cheating bitch and move on. Next time, don't be a fucking idiot and say stupid shit to your wife.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

I can't believe that you the readers think this story to be a true story.

It must be a good story to get you all bent out of shape and your panties in a ruffle.

Thank you Santee110x, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"But, someone who knows grammar, spelling, punctuation and what a run-on sentence is."

.

Are we reading the same story?

.

The biggest hit is punctuation dialogue. When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed. When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark. Her monologues are written as conversations.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Well written, but if a wife was to actually behave so cruelly, I would fear for the future of that marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think most of the readers who read the cuckold section on literotica are pretty retarded or something.

Nice story, nice twist. 4 stars.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Interesting story. Didnt see it coming, well written.

Not sure even with what he said to her that she should have pulled that BUT it taught the idiot a lesson. She did leave out exactly the near 100% of open, swinging and cuck marriages ending in divorce. Only a fool would truly go that route. yes, lots of little dicked idiots here claim their wives cuck them and they are literally mentally ill or have convinced themselves the skank wearing wedding rings claims "I love only you". And thats generally a lie. Look it into it kids its a pet type love, studies prove it.

Well done, you upset the illumicuckies who thought they were going to get a spank story. So they can put their cages back on and dream of the huge cock in their butts.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 2 years ago

A very well written story. It made us feel for the characters and their emotional connection.... Even though it was a stupid fantasy, she made it real, for him, but also for herself. Deep down, Julie wants to cuckold him, otherwise, why send the text message knowing that he couldn't do anything till he got home. She is so insensitive towards him, very humiliating for him. If I was him, I would keep an eye open and watch her closely. She may not have cheated YET but if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it is a duck, just like she WILL be screwing around soon (with her lover, Jim, who is probably the name of her wanna be lover). He should get his 'ducks' in a row and get prepared for divorce...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Statistics on sexual practices are notoriously unreliable, of course, but maybe something like 5 to 10 percent of husbands let their wives take outside lovers for various and sundry motivations. Even more fantasize about it"

Yes, they are unreliable, and nothing could be further from the truth than the 5-10% claim or that even more fantasize about it.

Cucks are closeted faggots.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

I am going to write another critique here. You evoked a gut wrenching response as you wrote the story. I FELT the angst of the protagonist as he read the texts/emails from his loving wife. That is good writing and a good plot.

The idea the woman played her husband is a separate issue. it taught him a big lesson. be careful what you dream about or state you think is fun.

other stories you have written are not so good. I commend you here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whole fucking premise of this story, flat sucks! Why bother writing it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

30 year olds don't talk like that. Otherwise, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@trlaner69er

your recent comments show you to be a condescending, self absorbed shit. One wonders how much you project your own issues onto the commentators you so blithely dismiss. I for one, see nothing humorous, sexy or uplifting in this offering. It isn't titillating or amusing if meant to be satirical.Story gets a 1; tralan69er is a 0.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess he got what he married. Unfortunately for her, so did she. I wonder if he even has the brains to realize she described her ideal dream lover, and it ain't him. I hope she gets to fuck a real man some day.

Thanks for the effort.

ZalanaZalanaover 2 years ago

Well I figured it out about halfway down page 1...but it was quite fun anyway. The MC now has a hall pass to play a really really mean trick on his wife...if he dares LOL.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 2 years ago

If that had been me, the second I got in the house I would have grabbed several trash bags ignoring the wife and headed to the bedroom. Slammed the door and locked it and proceeded to fill the bags with all her cloths. She would be frantic, hollering and beating on the door. Bags full, open the door and start throwing bags out and shouting. take your shit and get the fuck out and never talk to me again you cheating fucking whore.

After things settled down she would think twice about pulling that shit again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is worth 10 STARS. Like I have mention before, I have read all your stories and enjoyed all.

This is a true story isn't? This how this lifestyle is live and will today.

Women know what is in this for them and given the chance they would go for it.

The story shows a lost of trust and respect on both sides and the marriage is over in a short time.

A word of advise to all men, KEEP your mouth shut and think to yourself.

Again Thank you for another GREAT story and most of all keep going.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

It was fairly well written.

Good job Santee110.

But if I was that husband I would act out my fantasy of dumping and divorcing her and if she wants reconciliation she'd do all the begging and heavy lifting. Tit for tat for making me sweat, worry, angry and miserable.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

I hope he burns the bitch and her bottom to where they wished they were dead. Story needs either a sequel or a rewrite.

you play with fire, you do get burned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story i love it ... ignore those boring vanilla lovers lol

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Captain Obvious has arrived.

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 2 years ago

I, too, thought it was very well-written, although I see that one commenter did not think you handled the punctuation of a conversation very well. I did guess the denouement quickly, which I thought was fairly obvious, but I also thought that the wife was a bit too mean-spirited to be likable so I could only give you a 4. It would have been nice if the wife and husband could have used the "other man" fantasy as a way to spice things up between the sheets with some hot pillow talk, but I think the wife ruined it. I also think the wife ran the risk of the husband coming home with a gun, divorce papers, hard feelings, etc., and I did not care for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And when she says it was all virtual, he believes her? Hmmm.

lukeey90lukeey90over 2 years ago

Pathetic husband this is really a cuck i can see him...shit what a wimp.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

In this tale the whole thing was made up by the wife who is a writer having a little fun with her husband. But then again a caution to those men with this kind of fantasy, be careful of what you wish for because sometimes it opens a door that can not be shut. Just saying. Well written and the drama it created was great. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Is it possible to think that the author thought this was funny? I guess I look at things differently than most. In real life I go home and"…………..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a story, folks, calm down. That, being said, I was relieved that it was a hoax being played. The first clue was the lack of actual pictures which would be easy to take and send. Far easier than making artistic drawings. Of course, if my wife had started sending me texts like that, I would have claimed a family emergency and raced home. Fuck the job! And I'd be calling family and or friends to get to her and stop her.

Although, I could imagine that sexy, negligee wearing wife getting a visit from the cops, to tell her her husband dies while speeding...

Good one though.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Pure

Pure garbage.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

That's a pretty twisted misunderstanding on the wife's part.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Stupid story. If my wife pulled a trick like this on me, I would be out the door in a flash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad I'm not married to that heartless bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great story! Great plot idea and very well written. As I identified with the husband, the events unfolding certainly had me worried. I was astonished how rapidly “my wife”was proceeding into adultery. I also worried about getting into a wreck on my way home. But then, if I werey killed or injured, “It would serve her right,” I growled to myself. (!)

Very fine story. Thank you! J.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reading some of the comments makes me feel like some people do not appreciate originality or creativity. Story told a good tale and you have to put yourself in the husbnds shoes to appreciate his emotions. After all that's the whole gist of the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Nope!

Again, I would of packed my bags and left the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

to cruel to be anything but 1*

creative idea or not

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What is the point of this story? Author you really have to work on your descriptive words and insight in a males perspective. If he is a willing cuckold, anger wouldn´t be so evident. If he is an unwilling cuckold, there should be more than a little apprehension in just believing her story of "all is made up"...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

TOO MUCH PAIN.

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

From only ONE semi-drunken very private discussion about sexual fantasies she decides to teach him a lesson. She decides to potentially muck up his business meeting/profession for this drunk fantasy talk? She has little regard to him or his job to pull this. She does all this knowing he has no face-to-face method to correct her erroneous perceptions.

\

Then she goes to these EXTREMES to whip him into an emotional cuck to obtain dominance in the marriage. She obviously does NOT understand male psychology - so by definition her stories are likely shit lacking empathy (I'd never buy nor read). I see no love here, at least not by her in 6yrs of marriage.

\

Missing; did he regain his man-card or not? I do not see it. So is he a cuck in waiting?

Time for him to fish or cut bait - pack and leave or become the mistress's cuck as it will be difficult to regain his man-card back.

\

Can he EVER have an intimate discussion with her again - nope. Who wants to be in a marriage where every word you say might trigger her type of response? Not me.

\

2*, hooyah - went too far in giving pain for her own amusement

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I will admit that there are some talented wordsmiths on this website, but no really great writers. Great writers can weave a tapestry from their imagination, while these writers this website just write what they know. I can't imagine how horrible it must be every morning on one of these so-called male writers wakes up every morning and thinks to himself how much can I take grade myself today, how much can I embarrassed myself today, how much b******* from some stupid shooting count will I swallow along with her Lover's last load of come. It just boggles my mind because I had a real man with testicles who actually produce testosterone, have never had these feelings. My first wife was told before we got married oh, that I was a one-and-done guy when it came to cheating, no ifs ands or buts about it. 9 1/2 years into our marriage caught her cheating with one of her co-workers, I pulled out the prenup and had it enforced, and within four and a half months I was a free man again. That's something that I would never expect any of these cock riders on this website to be able to pull off, since those type of Alpha of feelings are so alien to them.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 2 years ago

Wow. If I were the dumb assed MC in this painful little story, I'm not sure if I would believe that it was just made up. In point of fact I think she did it, and quite frankly she's just a little bit too happy about the whole thing. The cock lifestyle, if you can call it that sickens me. Those marriages afflicted with this disorder, don't expect them to be very long term.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

pathetic

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Imagine her surprise if, instead of her husband coming to the home in the middle of an afternoon, it was a process server with a 'Petition For Dissolution of Marriage'! With her texts as proof to support the adultery filing. Woops.

.

Well-written story, though. It took a very skilled writer to put this together so it all worked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay story I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well executed tale.

I think the MC should have divorce papers prepared for use after the next episode, with this episode's texts to offer as evidence of a Pattern of Behavior.

OlFrog14x

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Divorce the sadistic bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So instead of being mature about it, by being open and honest, she chose the let's jump right in prank. A cruel and awful prank.

Hopefully at one time in your life you share something with someone you trust, something you are both curious and scared of and then said someone pulls a similar prank.

One does wonder if you'll be as forgiving as you wrote about it. In the real world pranks like this usually end in divorce or uglier scenarios.

There's another story where the wive pretends to have sex with a neighbour after he handcuffs the husband to a pipe in a different room. They may keep saying it is just a joke but doubt has been planted, trust has been broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When I found all Her BS was just that I would have told Her well My next fantasy was to dump a Cheating Bitch and Be done with Her .Then I would have turned and walked out the front door got In My Car and left the Bitch for putting me through Her BS! Did She not realize I could kill Myself or some one else on the Road to get Home faster? What would she have done if I just found a tree at 90mph and ended My Life ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Clever little tale, even though the ending didn't really come as a surprise, but sadly - judging by some of the commens - it seems the fragile male egos of some of Literotica's more macho readership can't cope with a little light teasing.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That novel she is so pleased with herself while working on gets aborted. All digital copies erased and all paper records shredded. Otherwise, it's time for the lawyers to work out the terms of the divorce. Laugh some more, cunt.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

3 stars on this dumb-assed story, or should I say story with a moronic wife. She makes her husband think that she's actually acting on his fantasy, not to be a reality, of her with another man. He, thinking it's real, gets out of a meeting earlier than normal, speeds home after becoming highly upset & emotional. The least the wife could've done was, upon noticing how upset he was, tell him that she's not actually doing it & about the book she's writing.

>>> Arriving home, he acts strangely calm in respect to events. She wouldn't think it's too funny if, after hearing her explanation & remembering what he went through the past couple days, he either threw her out of the house, telling her to go somewhere for a few days, or he himself left for a week, not saying where he's going, but telling her what she did was cruel. What would she do if by rushing home, he was in a severe auto crash? Will that play into her "play"?

>>> Rush to the computer to delete her working after separating at least some of their finances. My next fantasy, he says, is that I'm a single man able to date whomever I want. It would be just to make HER upset & worry what he's going to do.

>>> Story & writing itself is worthy of 4 stars, bringing out the emotions. But the wife putting her husband through turmoil is worth 2 stars. And BTW, why did he ever think it's all HIS fault? Because he shared a fantasy with his wife? Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Alternate Ending: "I was insane with rage as I thought about her taunting mocking texts to me, flaunting her infidelity and rubbing in her and her lover's contempt for me. I had loved her, deeply, completely, but now she had turned that love to hatred and a need to payback her betrayal.

"I parked the car in the driveway of our house I saw lights on in the living room and a dimmer light in what had been our master bedroom. My emotions were now focused into white hot insane rage and a need for revenge. As I opened the console of the car, I was hyperventilating, feeling as if the world was narrowing around me. Chest pain accompanied the pounding in my temples as I took the .45 pistol from the console and racked a round into the chamber.

"Stumbling out of the car, I walked shakily to the front door, unaware of anything but a narrow tunnel of vision tinged with red anger. Opening the door, I stepped in and there she stood: Jim's slut, my former wife with a disdainful smirk. All I saw was her contempt, all I heard was her scream and a loud 'Nooooo!' as my finger stroked the trigger."

That's what the slut deserved even if she was "just teasing" her husband, definitely the basis for a diminished capacity or even a temporary insanity defense.

There, an alternate ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

“I got back on the road with renewed determination to get home ASAP and straighten this fiasco out.“

WTF is to straighten out. Don’t bother going home at all. Take the money and run…. Dump the bitch. OR better yet, I ignored her when I got home, packed some more cloths and my things and left without a word. Yeah she told me it was all a joke, wasn’t real. OK, two can play that game. I got my PA to go along with my plan for revenge. I started working late. Having to shower when I got home. No sex with my wife. All the classic cheater signs. And had a “friend” take pictures of my PA and me going into the Hilton. Dinner and then head to the elevators. Had the friend send them to my wife. Yeah, that outta work.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Liked the story’s writing; what happened not so much. He told her of his fantasy of her being with another man. But that’s all it’s supposed to be. Julie made him believe that she’s actually fucking another guy as he said.

That resulted in him pushing his involvement in his joy to finish earlier than expected. To finish things early is good , but not for the reason he did it. That also made him drive longer than he should have and more dangerously. What would Julie have done if her husband wound up in the hospital from an accident due to his rushing?

While he breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that it was actually her computer, and whatever else she used to form her supposed sexual times with the guy, it would have been normal for him to become quite angry at her scheming, and the possibility of his not only getting sick Because of that, but the possibility, because of his rushing back, to be in the accident.

What is desperately needed is a good talking to and agreement that was said, and pillow talk or in fantasy is not to be acted upon, whether in fact, or as in the story, as part of another story, or otherwise, to get that spouse worried. Doing what they did, or, I should say what she did, is a good way for marital discord.

Three. Stars for the writing and storytelling.; good thing I don’t have to wait for the subject matter.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I have just posted a comment, but need to make a further comment based on 2 anoyms posted below me.

The first one, I disagreed with what he wrote, which is divorcing the wife. I think that is a step too far. The one directly below him or her, I like more except for the porch where he shot his wife. I could see and agree on his being totally in, raged by her actions. And wow, the gun could’ve been used to scare the Woodlands out of her, the fact that he shot her is totally disturbing to me. Not for what she has done.

Not for what she has done.

I didn’t sign my name on my prior post so I’ll do it now. It’s Bob for better or for worse.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

DISGUSTING1

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story to work up folks. Me? I would tell her she has two weeks to prove her innocence. If she can't then the divorce goes through. True, no one really wins, but that is the price we would pay for something going too far.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous