The Misunderstanding

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Evolution and genetics over the millennia produced this female who was purposely designed to attract males and to drive them to mate with her. My wife would have no trouble collecting male partners with whom to mate. Her actions these last few days proclaim the veracity of that self-evident truth and the effectiveness of this ancient evolutionary design of the female of the species.

Julie gave a disparaging laugh when she observed my upset and disheveled state. With a chuckle she said, "Well my dear, I suppose my texts and emails inspired your rapid and unexpected return. I heard the garage door and figured it was you dashing back home. Are you here hunting for the male that is poaching your home preserve and harvesting the fruit of your marital garden?"

I stuttered out a jumbled, "Julie, this is all wrong... I didn't mean for you to really do it... It was just talk.. I...."

Julie laughed, mockingly this time, "Really! Hah! Too late for that now, my boy. I think you really better have a drink, honey, and catch your breath."

Still smiling, my barefoot wife walked sensually into the kitchen where I stood slack jawed and poured two classes of Italian Barolo red wine. She handed me a glass and leaned languidly against the kitchen counter watching with a bemused smile and twinkling eyes as she sipped her wine.

I stood there in confusion and at a loss what to say or do. My wife was dressed for entertaining a male in the bedroom. I am back home several days early and unannounced. Even now does the damn male interloper await my wife's return to our marital bed, even as I stand here shamefaced with my unrepentant wife laughing at me?

I took a slug of wine. I choked out, "Uh, is he here?"

My wife gave me a mischievous grin, "My goodness, is who here? Oh you mean is my hot stud lover, Jim, here?"

Humiliated, I nodded my head yes.

My wife gazed thoughtfully at me with an enigmatic smile for a long minute that seemed to stretch out to eternity. Then with a chuckle, Julie said, "As a matter of fact, yes dear, he actually is here. I think it is high time that you met Jim and brought your cuckold fantasy to a climax. Follow me, baby."

Julie spun on her heel, waved imperiously for me to follow, and walked off with sashaying hips into the hallway. I followed like a twig pulled unwillingly along in the wake behind a mighty cargo ship plowing through the sea.

We were headed to the bedroom where Jim now impatiently awaited my sultry wife's return to his muscular arms. My unexpected arrival must have interrupted their plans of passion, but the plans were about to resume in front of me. After all, I had told Julie I wanted to watch her have sex with another man. I guess my stupid statement was about to be jammed down my throat by my sexy wife and her stud stallion lover as they fucked in our marital bed and made me watch.

I followed that slinking, sexy Jezebel of a wife of mine down the hall toward the master bedroom at the end. I felt like a man being led before a firing squad but without the benefit of being offered a blindfold.

Julie suddenly veered off into her office on the left and sat down at her desk. I followed her and stared at her in bewilderment.

Julie was beset with giggles and finally gasped out, "Oh you poor, silly goose, meet Jim." She half bowed to her computer and waved at it with an extravagant flourish. "Jim is the hero in the novel I am working on. The sexual shenanigans I sent you are just scenarios between him and the heroine in the novel. None of them are real. Just my febrile imagination working overtime."

Relief flooded over me. Jim was a figment of my wife's imagination and not her actual physical lover. "What... Why?" was all I could stutter out.

With a sardonic grin, Julie said. "Oh sit down before you fall down, dear. Have a drink of your wine. I called the hotel to see if you checked out so I knew you were headed home tonight."

I complied with my wife's orders.

Julie went on to explain, "I was really surprised by your fantasy. I didn't know what to make of it, so I did some research. Statistics on sexual practices are notoriouslyunreliable, of course, but maybe something like 5 to 10 percent of husbands let their wives take outside lovers for various and sundry motivations. Even more fantasize about it. It's a male thing and is seldom, if ever, originated by wives. Apparently males, or at least some males, derive some kind of masochistic pleasure out of the pain, anger, jealousy, and/or humiliation of their wives taking other men as lovers.

As we know from history, the news, and our own social circles, women frequently really do cheat on husbands on their own volition, but they do so more just to enjoy a good old-fashioned sexy romp in the hay, out of boredom, from husbandly neglect, or for emotional reasons rather than to personally experience some kind of masochistic pain."

Julie mused thoughtfully, "When you think about it, cuckolding is all really in the male mind. The wife's actual sex with someone else plays only a minor part. The perception of the wife's adulterous sex in the male brain is the crucial part. Well, of course, there is also the public ridicule of the cuckold, which is part of the whole cuckold experience, but I have not subjected you to that."

She shot me a salacious grin, "But maybe next time! Anyway, that perception idea made me realize I could indulge your fantasy without me actually having sex with another man, an idea that I find distasteful. Since I wasn't taking a lover, I didn't have anything for you to watch. Instead I spent several weeks doing those erotic drawings of me and my imaginary lover as a substitute - that was actually quite fun."

I laughed with relief and whispered knowingly, "Ah, the drawings are certainly very good and quite realistic. I should have realized you couldn't produce that quality of drawings so quickly. I guess I was too rattled to think straight. You mean for real there is no lover... It is all made up?"

My wife returned my laugh good-naturedly and said, "Yep, all made up. When you took this trip, I just played out my imaginary affair by text and email. It was quite fun actually. We may have to do it again some time. This way you can enjoy, if that is the correct term, all of the emotions of a cuckolded husband for real. So what do you think of my virtual cuckold fantasy for you?"

I shook my head in a daze, "Stunning to say the least. I thought you really had a lover, and my emotions were very real. However, I found out being a cuckold is not really my thing. To tell the truth, I wanted to shoot Jim between the eyes and then turn you over my knee and tan that naughty, promiscuous bottom of yours."

Julie giggled and simpered, "Whoo, kinky sex, I like that. Just remember, you better be careful about what you wish for in the future!"

She stood with a seductive smile and whispered throatily as she held her hand out to me, "All of this virtual sex has fired up my hormones and left your wife a very unsatisfied woman. I think it is high time you performed your proper husbandly duties for your poor, horny wife."

12