The Move Home Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"From the time you informed me that I would be attending this meeting, I have spent several hours every night researching all aspects of anti-viral therapeutics. I reviewed many publications on product development and manufacturing. Ronnie Jefferson pulled a package together for me on COVID FDA guidelines, QC requirements, and release protocols. I was certainly aware that Jules's company had performed some C-19 trials. Ronnie's report detailed Catawba Research's in-depth investment in COVID technology.

"Anya also had one of her financial analysts take a peek at potential extraneous costs since Ronnie is certain we will require a new manufacturing facility, as per current FDA COVID guidelines.

"You must agree those first five presenters were talking in circles, explicitly avoiding a go-no-go response. Not a single one of them fully understands the vast financial component of starting a new RNA-based product line.

"My phone call discussion with Jules was to show those go-getters the need for being prepared. They basically wasted everyone's time today talking in circles. The call to Jules was basically generic. He and I had always promised ourselves that we would break our backs for the opportunity of working together. If I were managing this project, Ronnie Jefferson and Anya or one of her analysts would be on a flight to Charlotte in forty-eight hours. These two know their jobs and what needs investigating."

Renee continued adamantly, "If offered lead on this daunting project, I would absolutely make THE MOVE HOME!"

RENEE'S MOVE HOME-PREPARATION:

Chairman Boyle reconvened the meeting. He announced a preliminary decision to move forward on the COVID Therapeutics Products Project. He was assigning complete Project Management responsibility to Ms. Renee Mia Evans.

Not a single word was said for two full minutes as the young go-getter executive hopefuls fully digested the Chairman's statement.

One outspoken guy asked, "Sir, are we being totally frozen out of our own project?"

Chairman Boyle responded, "Renee is the Project Manager moving forward and will choose her executive team. Renee's strong opinion was that none of the five presentations offered this board a viable plan for proceeding forward, to which I agree 100%."

Renee then interjected, "Sir, we have another hour scheduled for this meeting. May I present my proposed key team members and organizational structure to the board? This effort will be a major deviation from our current Cancer Product lines, so I intend on fully keeping The Chairman's Office and Board appraised."

"Yes. Proceed, please!" answered Chairman Boyle quietly.

"Thank you, Chairman," replied Renee.

"The Division's Proposed Name and Key Staff Are:"

BMS-AVT LLC SUBSIDIARY - CHARLOTTE, NC

PRESIDENT: Ms. Judy Walker, NJ

EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT: Ms. Renee Mia Evans, NJ

VICE-PRESIDENT OPERATIONS: Open-CHS Person Preferred

MANAGER HR AND FRONT OFFICE: Open-CHS Person Preferred/Ms. Emily Jo Madison, CHS

MANAGER FINANCE: Open/Ms. Sheila Jean Burnside, NJ

QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST: Mr. Ronald Wyman Jefferson, NJ

"For the new division to succeed, the above senior staff positions excepting two must be filled with current NJ staff as posted. We will need to keep two positions available for Charlotte, NC hires, to have local representation on our senior staff.

"Please understand, Mr. Chairman, that one hour ago, I was totally unaware of the New Subsidiary Leadership Role you just assigned me. Therefore, I have not discussed the positions or a move to Charlotte, NC with any of these individuals."

Renee continues, "This is my Dream Team for a successful new COVID Therapy Products Division. I have requested our secretary, Mimi, to contact each person and ask them to come to this conference room within the next thirty minutes if possible."

Renee continues, "Let's start with Ms. Judy Walker and me since we are currently in this board meeting. I am twenty-six years old and have been your SRA for Marketing during the past four years. I am very comfortable serving as the lead corporate executive on the COVID Therapy Project, provided someone like Judy Walker serves as the President of the BMS-AVT LLC.

"Judy has served as your EA for nearly twelve years, starting when you were named CEO and Board Chairman. Judy and I have worked as a team for the entire four years I've worked at BMS-C, and I am totally comfortable with her leadership. Therefore, I respectfully ask you to approve Judy Walker being named the President of BMS-AVT LLC.

"I certainly understand your potential concern in having two key staff from the Chairman's office simultaneously departing for Charlotte, NC. So I am proposing that Ms. Walker be physically in Charlotte 50% of her time while operating from the NJ Chairman's office for the other 50%.

"I did a brief mental analysis of my current projects. I feel the most important ones can be completed offsite by me while wholly based in Charlotte. Therefore, I would physically be in Charlotte 100% of the time for my normal duties. I would also continue working for you on high-priority projects until a replacement is hired and up to speed. I anticipate working with the Chairman's office on special projects for a minimum of two more years which is not a problem for me."

"What are your thoughts, Judy?" queried Renee.

Judy replied, "Renee, I was absolutely blown away being nominated as President of the new BMC-AVT LLC subsidiary. Then I thought of your outstanding accomplishments over the past four years of the two of us working as a team, and my surprise vanished. You are devastatingly brilliant, while also one of the nicest persons I have met in my work career."

Judy then addressed Chairman Boyle and the board, "I am willing to accept the Presidency of BMS-AVT LLC as detailed by Renee, subject to further private discussions with Chairman Boyle later today. I am in 100% agreement with Renee on her staffing selections, along with their job titles. So I will request their supervisors adjust each person's current project schedule, allowing us ten hours a week for team meetings. These weekly meetings will continue until our Charlotte temporary facility projected opening in 6--8 weeks."

The loudmouth guy spoke up again, "Are we to understand that The Chairman and Board are reassigning full responsibility of our project to Super-Secretaries?"

Before anyone could respond, there was a commotion at the boardroom door, with Mimi, the secretary, stating, "A person from finance is here as previously requested by Renee."

A relatively young-looking African-American lady breathlessly wheeled into the boardroom, apologizing for her delay in getting here. "My name is Sheila Jean Burnside, and I am based in the West Bank Building." Then she laughingly continued, "So it was a bit of a mad dash getting here in thirty minutes!"

Renee grabbed a bottle of water, asking, "Would you like a drink, Sheila?"

Sheila giggled cutely, "Yes, thanks, but only a sip. Otherwise, it will be a mad dash to the nearest ladies' room!"

She looks intently at Renee, "You must be Renee. Anya said you were a nice lady, and I should not worry. I am the primary person assigned to organizing and assembling your reports for the past year. Anya always presented the reports for me since you were in the most distant building from our office. She is dreadfully busy today because we were bombarded with several last-minute evaluation requests. I hope that my being here to personally present your report is acceptable to you."

Renee is standing rigidly, looking intently at Sheila in contemplation, while Judy Walker and Chairman Boyle hold their collective breaths. They both know Renee quite well and feel she is definitely up to something in her hyperactive brain.

Renee then answers Sheila, "I am completely comfortable with your presenting the requested financial analysis, but may I first ask you a question?"

"Most Definitely," Sheila replied.

"Are you willing to transfer to a new division being formed and located in Charlotte, NC? I am currently tasked with organizing a management team for this new division. We will need an Outstanding Financial Analyst. I also need this person to temporarily serve as our HR Manager until we hire someone locally. We are starting weekly team meetings next week and hopefully will relocate to a temporary Charlotte, NC facility in 6-8 weeks."

Sheila squints at Renee, mischievously asking, "Hey girl, have you bugged my office and computer?" smiling widely.

Sheila continues, "Anya just received a few rush-rush requests late yesterday regarding starting a separate division in Central Jersey. The requested financial analysis plan is to manufacture highly special viral therapy products. She assigned me to work on this critical request which I assumed would be needed in two or three days. Then two hours later came the call requesting my mad dash over here."

Renee quickly interjected, "Sheila, I have not requested anything from Anya since the Special COVID Anti-Viral Therapy Project Analysis ten days ago!" Anya sent me your report via intra-company courier three days ago, which I have been intensely reviewing for this meeting."

Sheila appears confused, "Well, Renee, I am relieved with your interjection point since you have never treated our office in such a lax manner. It was as if we were slaves to their needs and could be fired for not doing the impossible. Now I understand a bit more why Anya viewed the hurry-up request as a real Cluster-Fuck. Please excuse my French, but I did pull together a bit of valuable data."

Sheila continues, "The Chairman should not approve any project of this type to be manufactured in our current facilities on this corporate site. I quickly queried Ronnie on current US-FDA guidelines. Working together by phone, we determined the cost of retooling to manufacture these new RNA-based therapy products on-site will be 8X more expensive than starting with a brand new facility.

"If we are seriously evaluating a new division focused on COVID anti-viral therapy products, my suggestion is to build a new facility in Southeastern USA. From my hasty analysis and Ronnie's input, I suggest considering Atlanta or Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; or Raleigh-Durham or Charlotte, NC. Here is my analysis," Sheila finishes as she passes it to Renee.

Renee quickly glances at Sheila's summary page, stating, "Sheila, I absolutely want you to transfer to Charlotte with me as a senior team member in our new BMS-AVT LLC subsidiary. I understand you may have somewhat different needs for moving to Charlotte because of your wheelchair mobility. But rest assured that I will do whatever it takes to bring you on board."

Sheila responds, "I am mostly comfortable with being wheelchair-bound, except for travel which I hate. Depending on the airport size, I occasionally need to be physically carried up stairways or onto planes. I feel that a few of these wheelchair attendants sometimes get handsy with paralyzed females thinking we have no feeling below our waist."

Renee walks to the door without saying a word. She opens it, beckoning Ronnie Jefferson inside, turning toward Sheila, "You mentioned working with Ronnie in establishing the numbers for this report. Will you feel comfortable having Ronnie accompany you on all business travel and lifting you when necessary?"

Sheila answered with a single word, "Absolutely!"

Renee then says, "Ronnie, I have asked Chairman Boyle if you can be on our new COVID Therapy team and move to Charlotte, NC, in the next six to eight weeks. Your primary responsibility will be coordinating our Manufacturing-QC-FDA-Catawba communications and inspections.

"Secondly, whenever Sheila travels from our main facility, you will accompany her, assisting Sheila when she needs lifting or other help. No other airport or hotel attendant will be allowed to touch Sheila! Are you comfortable joining our team with the described responsibilities?"

"Yes to everything, Ms. Renee and I will always take special care of Ms. Shelia!" Ronnie thoughtfully answered with a beautiful smile.

Chairman Boyle ended the meeting, asking Renee to keep him informed as she progresses toward the Charlotte move date. He also requested Judy Walker to meet with him later today.

JUDY WALKER AND CHAIRMAN BOYLE:

Judy greeted Chairman Boyle as she entered his office, "Thanks for seeing me so quickly, Boss. I seriously need to talk with you."

Chairman Boyle responded, "My door is always open for you, Judy, so what is the major problem or issue?"

Judy started slowly, "I have been with the company for more than sixteen years, nearly twelve of them working directly for you. BMS-C was my first job after completing my five-year BS/MS degree. Initially, adjusting to the company atmosphere was a bit difficult for me. BMS-C is a male-dominated corporation, with most new hires having MBAs. So I was often considered irrelevant being a woman and holding a Masters in Economics.

"After four years of continually being beaten down, I had definitely planned to resign and move on. I then heard, via the grapevine, that the current CEO and Board Chairman was retiring early due to deteriorating health. So I decided to wait until a new Chairman was hired before resigning my marketing position."

Judy continues, "Following several weeks of rumors, you were announced as the new CEO and Board Chairman. After officially learning of your open-door policy, I decided to make one last effort at succeeding with BMS-C. I quickly made an appointment to see you, coming in for a one-hour conference, and nearly twelve years later, here I am.

"My working closely with you has been a delight, and even more so after Renee joined our team four years ago. She is talented, responsible, and respects everyone for their work ethic, regardless of color, sex, or physical attributes. Likewise, most BMS-C line employees will break their necks for her when working on Renee's projects. I feel she has been our most valuable hire in the past five years."

Judy continues thoughtfully, "Nearly eleven years ago, I took a three-week vacation following my first grueling take-over battle as your EA. I chose to spend one week touring all of Disney World as a good way of relaxing. I had never visited Disney World before and thought this would be a fun way to commence my three weeks off.

"During that week, I met a darling 12-year old girl in line for ice cream near one of the special Disney areas. We talked for several minutes while waiting in line, with her then inviting me to join her and her mom, Paisley, at their table. We all enjoyed the ensuing conversation and spent quite a bit of time together for my remaining five days at Disney.

"The cute 12-year olds name was Mary Claire, which she hated desiring instead to be called MC. She asked my thoughts on a fun way of spelling MC. We discussed several possible spellings for the name, settling on MCsee. I do not have the slightest idea how we arrived at that spelling. Still, we enjoyed acting crazy while playing around with various spellings, and she just loved MCsee.

"Three years later, that cute 15-year old girl's name became MCsee Allison Walker. I dated her mom for nearly three years after meeting them at Disney, and we have been married since 2015. I am in a same-sex lesbian marriage, and my wife's name is Paisley Allison Walker. We were married in St Thomas, VI, and our marriage is legally recognized in the USA. However, the VI's marriage records are officially protected and virtually impossible to access online.

"I wanted to protect BSM-C, primarily the Chairman's office, from any backlash or fallout regarding my being in a same-sex marriage.

"My being requested by Renee to be President of the BMS-AVT LLC is a shocker. I was completely unaware of today's meeting's evolving direction, especially your choosing Renee as the Project Manager. However, to be truthful, I badly want to accept Renee's offer and move to Charlotte as President of BMS-AVT LLC. I will commit to serving for three to five years or until your planned retirement. Renee will be fully ready to assume the role of President by that time, as she is impressive and will make this new division a great success.

"Once we are all settled in Charlotte, I plan on openly spending the rest of my life married to Paisley and doting on MCsee. Living the past seven years in the closet has been challenging for us. Both Paisley and MCsee agree with me that being in the shadows was our best option early on. Still, we are now ready to live our lives together in Charlotte. Paisley will immediately move there, searching for a home for our family. MCsee is currently a senior at Wake Forest University, majoring in Fine Arts. She will join her mom in Charlotte on weekends and school breaks, helping her search for a home.

"I know this news is a shock and a jolt to you, losing both Renee and me from your staff, but I believe we can work this out satisfactorily. Renee and I will continue assisting you for the next three years while training a new staff member for your office. I will commit to physically working here 50% of the time for the next three years and maybe downgrade the NJ on-site time to 30% for an additional two years. Renee will continue working on your highly visible projects remotely from Charlotte until you retire. She adores you as if you were her own father!"

Chairman Boyle was speechless but quickly came around his desk to hug Judy, saying, "I am so happy for you, but this is startling news! I was totally unaware of this huge change in your life ten years ago."

Chairman Boyle sat down, continuing, "Does Renee, or anyone else at BMS-C, know about your situation? This must have been quite a difficult ten years hiding your love and marriage."

Judy Walker smilingly replied, "Three Can Keep A Secret If Two Of Them Are Dead!

"No one at BMS-C other than you knows of my secret life for the past ten years. However, I will immediately inform Renee once our team has transitioned to Charlotte. Paisley and I will buy a home in Charlotte but are uncertain of MCsee's long-term plans. She is now twenty-two years old and eventually wants to own an Art Gallery and become a professional artist. So, MCsee has not yet decided where she will permanently settle after graduating from Wake Forest this spring.

"If I'm allowed to accept the BSM-AVT LLC Presidency, I will work tirelessly with Renee and you, making this division a reality. I will also do all in my power to control the dialogue on my same-sex marriage so that it does not interfere with the project's success. I feel we will succeed beyond all expectations since Renee has really assembled an outstanding team."

Chairman Boyle answered, "You have my stamp of approval to accept the presidency. We will need a few more conversations on this item as the new division project moves forward."

Judy finishes with, "I plan to inform Renee ASAP after we are physically in Charlotte. Later on, maybe you can fly in, and the three of us have a full-day on-site meeting there. We will have the freedom of openly discussing our entire situation during a progress update in Charlotte. The 'anti-Chairman' group cannot hurt me personally. Still, they would not hesitate using my wife and daughter as weapons in attempting to sidetrack your five-year BMS-C growth agenda plan."

Chairman Boyle and Judy were both very pleased with the outcome of their meeting. The Chairman's approval of Renee's Dream Team (ET) allows Renee freedom to fully implement her plans. The new Anti-Viral Therapy (BMS-AVT LLC) division was soon open in Charlotte, NC.

THE MOVE HOME-CHARLOTTE:

Renee was fully two months into organizing the BMS-AVT LLC operations in Charlotte. Judy had signed a three-year contractual agreement with Catawba Research to manufacture their COVID Therapy products. Catawba also agreed to an automatic five-year contract extension with a 10% cost increase ceiling. BMS-AVT LLC must inform Catawba of their intent to extend the contract one year in advance.