The Move Home Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The FDA expeditiously approved their joint production plan, and the first Pilot Plant run was scheduled in two or three months. Ronnie had also received verbal approval for their Quality Control (QC) regimen, which will initially be performed at the Catawba facility by BMS-AVT employees. If the contract is extended for five years as anticipated, the QC Department will move in-house at BMS-AVT during Year 3.

***

Renee and Jules visited their parents several times during the two months she lived in the extended-stay hotel. Renee's parents resided in rural SC, approximately ten miles south of Rock Hill. The closest town or village to them was Lowry, with a tiny population of 300 people. Lowry was an hour's drive south of Charlotte. Nevertheless, most of Renee's parents' shopping and social activities were in Rock Hill or York, SC. Jules, age 28, and Renee, age 26, were very close growing up and had always maintained great parental relationships with their mom and dad. So her parents were very thrilled with Renee now living in Charlotte, NC.

After working from a local extended-stay hotel for the past two months, Renee's team had just moved into a temporary office structure. This facility was quickly constructed two miles down the road from Catawba Research, serving as the head administrative office.

BMS-AVT LLC has an option for a long-term (20-year) lease on a new state-of-the-art facility, should they desire to maintain close access to Catawba. Renee's long-range plan is to contract with Catawba Research for 100% of their product manufacturing for the next twenty years. This long-term working relationship was being intensely investigated by both companies. It could be finalized in the next six to nine months. Renee's entire BMS-AVT ex-NJ management team, excluding Judy Walker, was now operating 100% from this new office.

Judy Walker had been in and out of Charlotte several times on company and personal business during the first two months. But she was now set to commence working in the Charlotte facility on alternate weeks. Chairman Boyle was comfortable with Judy's proposed schedule to alternate between BMS-C in NJ and BMS-AVT LLC in NC weekly, so all was falling nicely into place.

All of the BMS-AVT team members relocating from the NJ Corporate facility had found nice rental apartments/townhomes within a twenty to thirty-minute drive of their office. Renee had advised the NJ transferees to hold off purchasing homes until they were a year into the new division. Everyone agreed with Renee's reasoning since there was no absolute guarantee of success in this new product market.

Sheila Jean Burnside (Sheila) and Ronald Wyman Jefferson (Ronnie) received approval from Renee to share a three-bedroom/three-bath rental ranch home. Sheila and Ronnie were ecstatic with this decision since both of them would benefit from this home-sharing plan.

Judy Walker was the lone exception. She and Paisley had purchased a beautiful home in a relatively exclusive residential area. Judy would not permanently return to the BMS-C NJ headquarters, even if their new division folded. She planned to retire in five years, so Charlotte would be her and Paisley's long-term home. Their home featured a small attached two-bedroom wing. This would be perfect for MCsee when at home on school break, vacation, or possibly for several years until she married.

Renee rented a beautiful eight-room townhome with three bedrooms, two of which were en suite. Her MBR Suite was on the main level, in addition to a study, dining room/kitchen, and den. There were two guest bedrooms, one en suite, and a guest bath upstairs. Renee also held a two-year option to buy the place if BMS-AVT LLC was successful.

For now, Renee was quite pleased with all aspects of The Move Home. She felt she could begin investing quality time improving her non-existent social life. Renee had always been totally devoted to school or work, so she had rarely dated for the past ten years. Renee had never been in a committed or special relationship and remained a virgin at age 26.

During her first three months in Charlotte, Renee visited Catawba for meetings on several occasions. She also occasionally met Jules for lunch at Catawba. While visiting at Catawba, Renee had become somewhat friendly with the receptionist, Emily Jo Madison. Renee had learned that Emily was sightless (blind) on her first visit there.

Renee had spoken by phone with Emily from NJ on two occasions, not realizing she was sightless. Emily seemed very smart and energetic, with a delightful personality. She always kidded around with Renee on her Catawba visits. Renee sensed an undercurrent of tension in Emily during their brief office talks. But she couldn't get a handle on why she felt that something was bothering Emily.

Renee arrived at Catawba late Tuesday morning with her usual greeting, "What's up with you today, Em?" Renee had started calling Emily Em on her second Catawba visit, which brought a broad smile to Emily's face, so it was now always Em.

Emily replied, "I am great, Renee, and thanks for asking!"

Renee followed up, asking, "What do you normally do on your lunch break Em? Want to have lunch together today at a local place? If you are game, we can drive to a nearby cafe, enjoy lunch and shoot the breeze for a while."

A genuinely surprised Emily replied, "Is there something special you need from me, Renee?"

Renee said, "No. Since we always kid around when I phone or visit Catawba, I thought it would be nice for us to get away from the office for a quiet lunch alone. It's okay if you have plans or prefer eating in the office canteen."

Emily nodded okay with a smile, then quipped, "I hope you are driving, or we may never reach the restaurant."

Renee one-upped Emily saying, "You know that I am new to this area, so I had thought you might offer to drive. I could help you with directions if you want."

Before Emily could reply, one of the other front office girls yelled, "Why are you being mean to her since you know she is blind?"

Renee, very defensively, replied, "Em's name is not she or her, and Emily is not blind. She just cannot see with her eyes, so she is sightless. Emily knows who I am, and I know who Emily is. I just want the two of us to enjoy a nice lunch together. Emily has a very big mouth since I could hear her all the way to Central NJ from here at Catawba one time. So, Em can say, 'Renee, please shut up' if I offend her in any way."

Emily burst out laughing, "Come and get me in thirty minutes. There is a wonderfully expensive place that I like since it is your treat."

Later, as they are walking to Renee's car, she turns to Emily, saying, "I have never eaten with a sightless person and do not want to offend you, Em. Please tell me exactly what to do when you want or need my help. I love your personality, which is mischievous, quick-witted, and warm. I want us to be good friends, and that is one of the three reasons I invited you to lunch."

Emily thoughtfully said, "Okay. Let's talk more specifically after we are relaxed at the restaurant."

The ladies arrived at a nice Mexican Cantina in one piece with Renee driving. Emily had commented on the drive over that the place made Chicken Quesadillas to die for, so they ordered a large platter, fries, and soft drinks.

Renee asked to speak first and invited Emily to correct any mistakes she might make since this was her first time lunching with a sightless friend.

"Em, are you happy working as a receptionist at Catawba, or do you have higher goals," Renee asked directly.

Emily replied cheekily, "Hey girl, you certainly do not beat around the bush! I would like to have a more challenging job, but most people feel this is the best I can do career-wise, being sightless."

Renee countered, "If the two of us sit down together and develop a viable plan for proceeding, would you consider becoming BMS-AVT's HR Manager? We will start staffing our Charlotte office in the next few weeks, and I want to hire one or two local persons as senior managers on the ground floor. Our Financial Analyst, Sheila, is currently the acting head of HR, but she really does not like the responsibility."

Emily starts to reply, but Renee quickly proceeds with the third question, "Take a big bite of your Quesadilla, Em, because this third question is a zinger!"

"Do you have the hots for my brother Jules?" Renee asked while intently reading Emily's face.

Emily chokes on her soda, asking, "Which question should I answer first and is most important to you, Renee?"

Renee scoffed, "Don't BS me, Em, since both questions are equally important. But, you know which question is the easiest to answer with a simple YES or NO! I had sensed your attraction to Jules from our first brief conversation when I phoned from the NJ board meeting. I did not realize you were sightless until my first visit to Catawba. Then it all seemed to jell in my mind. Truthfully, I think Jules has the hots for you as well. I feel you both have been tiptoeing through the tulips around handling your sightlessness."

Emily begins crying, and Renee hastily runs around their table to gently hug her from behind. "Why are you crying, sweetie, since this is just between the two of us as friends?"

Emily answered, "I am almost twenty-three years old and have never met anyone like you. I can feel your warmth and would like for us to be friends, but it will not be easy for you with my being sightless."

"Baloney," was Renee's one-word reply.

Emily responded, "Yes, I have been crushing on Jules for nearly a year! When I first started at Catawba, I asked the supervisor if we could arrange the office chairs and desks in a certain way. I would then memorize the layout, which would help my daily office mobility. Apparently, some of the girls would move the chairs or wastebaskets from the original positions after I left for the day, causing me to stumble or fall while working the next day.

"I was totally frustrated one day and decided to stay late that evening. Thinking that my stumbling was from my stupidity or forgetting the furniture positioning, I wanted to practice walking about the empty office. I was so mad at myself that I started kicking chairs and wastebaskets until a pair of strong arms enveloped me.

"I knew it was Jules by his special aftershave lotion and collapsed in his arms, boohooing. He spoke softly with me while I told him about my mobility issues here at Catawba, which had never been a problem before.

"He and I worked together for nearly three hours, arranging the front office furniture to best improve my mobility. I walked almost ten circuits of our new office layout without a single stumble. Jules then placed a notice at the office entrance that any furniture changes required his written approval.

"Finally, I had bruised my legs earlier when kicking the furniture in frustration. Jules noticed the bruises and told me to sit in the guest waiting area while he went for a cream. He gave me the cream, but I said it was difficult for me to apply it because I have long legs. I gave him the cream, and Jules massaged my sore legs from ankle to knees for thirty minutes."

Emily giggles cutely, "Renee, Jules's touch was so warm I never wanted him to quit, but alas, all good things must end. We speak and occasionally chat when he is up in the front office but have never relived the magic of the night he helped me practice. I can smell where he sometimes stands, silently watching me. His wonderful scent lingers on as I walk through to the canteen or ladies' room."

Renee said, "Wow, Em! You are definitely spending Friday night and the weekend at my place. We will relax with Chilidogs, Fried Apples, Red Pepper Cheese, Beer, and Wine, fully discussing your new job at BSM-AVT. Our secondary goal will be planning how to entrap my brother Jules for you. Are you game for a crazy girls' night of fun, food, and booze?"

Emily happily says, "Okay, give me your address, and I will get a family member to drop me off at 7:00 PM. I guess you are intending on keeping me prisoner the entire weekend?"

After finishing lunch, the two women went back to Emily's office. Renee says, "Bye, Em. I will see you at 7:00 PM Friday night. Definitely bring cool PJs and one or two nice dresses since we may go dancing or something on Saturday night."

The office girls mainly were speechless at Renee's ease in relating to Emily. She and Emily giggled and acted crazy together even though Emily was sightless (or blind, as the office girls thought of Emily). Many of them just could not understand why Renee wanted Emily as a friend.

Meanwhile, Judy Walker had run into a major scheduling conflict due to I-77 being completely shut down for some unknown reason. She emailed Renee, asking her to entertain a friend's daughter Friday night and possibly Saturday. Her name was MCsee, and she was nearly twenty-three years old, graduating from Wake Forest University this spring.

Renee quickly responded, saying yes and no worries. She suggested that MCsee spend the weekend at her place since another girlfriend from Catawba Research would also stay the weekend. The three of them could have a nice PJ party pigging out, sipping wine, gossiping, and other girly stuff. MCsee should come over at 6:00 PM since Renee would have to make a quick stop for snacks, beer, and wine after work.

FRIDAY NIGHT PJ PARTY:

MCsee arrived quite promptly at 6:00 PM, with her and Renee meeting for the first time. Initially, MCsee was a bit nervous, not wanting to mistakenly out her Mom, Paisley, and Judy Walker as being a married couple. She eventually relaxed as Renee told her about Emily being sightless and a lovely person. Renee thought they would have a grand night of fun once the initial jitters of meeting new friends passed.

Renee told MCsee that Emily possessed a wicked sense of humor and often gave wise-cracks as well as happily received them. MCsee just needed to forget Emily being sightless once they settled in, enjoying the evening. The three women would do several walkarounds of Renee's place, familiarizing Emily with the townhome layout. Renee had cleared out most of the movable hazards, which could cause Emily to accidentally trip or fall.

Renee said, "One other point MCsee. I have nicknamed Emily, 'Em,' which she loves, so you should start out by calling her Em."

Renee poured them each a small glass of cabernet, which they sipped while learning more about each other. Both girls were similar in height at 5' 8", with Renee having quite dark hair and a tannish complexion. Renee's skin color possibly resulted from some Native American genetic ad-mixture a few generations earlier. MCsee was more of the classical blonde, blue-eyed, Northern European Scandinavian type heritage. Both Renee and MCsee displayed beautiful C-cup boobs, nice long legs, and bubble butts.

Emily was taller at 5' 10", exhibiting a slim, well-proportioned body, with cute perky B-cup boobs and long legs to die for. Her hair was shoulder-length, with a reddish-brown hue, topped off by a creamy pale complexion and freckles.

Wine in hand, Renee asked, "So MCsee, how are you and Ms. Walker related?" She continued, "I sometimes call her Judy, but it is difficult since she has been my mentor at BMS-C for the past four years. She is also the President of our new start-up division, BSM-AVT LLC, here in Charlotte. I am serving as her Executive VP based here on a full-time basis, while Judy is 50% here and still 50% in the NJ-Chairman's office."

MCsee stammered, "I have known Judy Walker for almost eleven years, ever since I was twelve years old. This spring, I will graduate from Wake Forest University with a MA in Fine Arts. I really love to paint, so I would like to be professionally associated with an Art Studio. These kinds of jobs are difficult to find, and starting pay is low in most studios. I will try to find a gallery in, or close to, Charlotte, so I can be near my mom."

As Renee was ready with another question, an entry bell rang, and Renee told MCsee that Emily must be here. A beautifully smiling Emily was standing there when Renee opened the door. With her was an older lady who Emily introduced as her Aunt Megan.

Emily seemed to sniff as a slight frown flashed across her face. She asked, "You have company, Renee. Should I visit another time?"

Renee laughed delightfully, "No, you idiot, we're having a PJ party tonight. Another friend, MCsee, is visiting, so we will blow the place up. Did you bring nice sleepwear for tonight and Saturday?"

Before she could answer, MCsee stepped forward, hugging Emily. She said, "Hi, pretty girl. I am MCsee, and my mom is closely related to Ms. Judy Walker."

"Hi, MCsee. Are you from BMS-C in Central NJ as well?" asked Emily.

MCsee replied, "No, I have lived in the South most of my life and am graduating from Wake Forest University this spring."

Emily's Aunt Megan looked a bit put out with the flirty girl talk, asking, "Will you be okay, Emily?"

Emily giggled cutely, "Oh, I'll be fine, Aunt Megan, but I forgot to tell you that Renee is maybe on the FBI's most-wanted list! I am also sure these two idiots will get me safely home sometime Sunday evening."

MCsee burst out laughing, "You are absolutely on the mark, Renee. Em's just as crazy as we are! Gonna have some fun tonight. Woo, baby!"

MCsee continues, "Let's do the walkarounds with Em, then grab big wine glasses since I need to clear the air. I feel we are destined to be good triplet friends, so I want to be entirely truthful with both of you."

After completing the walkarounds familiarizing Em with Renee's place, the three girls settled in, sitting on the floor sipping their cabernets. In the very brief time since meeting, Renee, Em, and MCsee had definitely sealed the dawn of a blossoming new friendship between them.

Looking nervously at Renee, MCsee said, "My full name is MCsee Allison Walker!"

Renee, "I am confused, MCsee. How is your last name Walker? Judy never mentioned any brothers. In fact, I am almost certain she does not have any siblings!"

Emily's mind is going at full throttle as she explodes, "Holy shit, MCsee. Ms. Judy Walker is your mom!"

MCsee answers, "YES and NO!" She then starts crying, saying, "Please do not hate me. I first met Judy Walker when I was twelve. My mom, Paisley, and I were in a living hell caused by my abusive father. He finally hurt Mom badly and was sent to prison for 25-30 years. As a part of our recovery, Mom took us to Disney World for a rehabilitation holiday. While there, I met my now Mom, Judy Walker, standing in line for ice cream.

"Judy comforted me after learning a bit of our difficult past few years, spending much time with my mom and me for five days at Disney. My mom and Judy started dating a few months after meeting in Disney and were married three years later. I hated the name Mary Claire because my abusive father had chosen it. So I went by MC from age ten. It was Mom-Judy who helped me select my current spelling MCsee. Then Mom-Judy happily adopted me at age fifteen after marrying my mom!"

MCsee is now crying profusely. Renee and Emily rush over to hug her tightly, unconditionally sealing their emerging intimate friendship.

MCsee finishes, "No one in Mom-Judy's business life was aware of her being married. Not until the day she met with Chairman Boyle before accepting your request for her to be President of BMS-AVT. Mom-Judy shared the entire situation with the Chairman, informing him she would tell you once everyone relocated to Charlotte. Mom-Judy's plan had been to invite you over tonight. Unfortunately, the interstate closure caused the scheduling mix-up, which created a problem. Mom-Judy did not want me to be alone. So she asked you if I could spend time with you until Sunday.