All Comments on 'The Movie Star and My Wife'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 400 Comments (Page 2)
imhaplessimhaplessover 3 years ago
Good twist

on what has now become the most overworked theme in literotica history. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"Turning the tables" is irrelevant

1. All a father does when he behaves as this character did is teach his girls that you can betray your spouse in the most horrible of ways and you can get away with it. He is teaching the girls exactly the wrong life lesson by reconciling, even though earlier he asks his wife if she wants them to grow up to be adulteresses like her.

2. While the "payback" rightly inflicted some pain on the slut, it achieves nothing in terms of justifying a reconciliation. Not only did the slut cheat, she lied and lied and lied about what she did, even to the counselor (his "tit for tat" is not morally equivalent to what she did. He owes the slut absolutely nothing in terms of fidelity and honesty).

3. Do we really need yet another weak, needy cuck husband in an LW story? Being weak, unprincipled, and needy is about the only motivation that could result in this worthless husband character returning to the marriage with his adulterous, lying, not genuinely repentant wife. And having another child with the slut?

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Awesome story

Ok, there are MANY pro athletes that are every bit as base and amoral as the actor/antagonist in this story. I have personally seen some famous athletes (at least in Seattle) hitting on married women and coming away with their phone numbers for later daliances.

Gotta say, I LOVE the balance in this story. I don't normally advocate an "eye for an eye" but the pain of being abandoned and humiliated leads me to hate what the wife/Abbie does and calls for a measure of retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You lost me at full custody...

Okay, can we get some reality here?

First, most of the time the husband has to leave. Your attorney may tell you that you don't have to, but her attorney will tell her to call the cops and every municipality I have worked in will tell you to go or arrest you for not. Just the way it is. As far as custody unless she is entertaining a John in the living room when the cops get there, and has at least 10 kilos of cocaine on the dinner table, you will be lucky to get 50/50 custody. I have known cases where the mother is fresh out of rehab and got 70/30 custody and that was only because he was a great dad and had lots of support, she was a prescription drug addict who turned to heroine when she could not get the prescription. He finally got 100% after the mother OD died and the kids figured out how to call 911 in the morning. Sad really, I really liked her and him prior to the drug issues. They destroy good people.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Mr Brooks wrote:

"@Knoxhard Re: "The original premise as GA lays out in his intro is that a lot of wives who would supposedly not be tempted to cheat ordinarily would definitely cheat, if the guy is a good-looking celebrity hunk. We have good reasons to believe he is correct." -I agree with graymangazer, that this is the premise that I find difficult to go along with. Yes, the woman might be tempted, but I DON'T believe that an otherwise faithful wife would cheat, certainly not "definitely." The other thing that I can't agree with is the idea that the husband would accept her doing it."

I can certainly agree with Mr Anderson's original that the wives would say they'd do it; it's easy to say you'd do something in a situation that will almost never arise. Whether they would actually do it, if the situation did arise, well, who knows?

But the thing to remember about celebrities and professional athletes is that they have outsized egos precisely because the public fawn on them. Take one outsized ego, and add an adoring fan, and stupid things can occur.

How many of these stories have the head cheerleader 'dating' the starting quarterback? It's an obvious trope, but, at its core, is the belief among most women that if a guy is an athlete on the playing field, he'll be an athlete in the bedroom as well.

Think about us guys. We all want to fuck the hot babe, but just because a particular girl is really good looking does not mean that she'll be any good in bed. We want the hot girl due to her charisma . . . and, of course, because it's good for our egos to have other people know we nailed the hottest girl around. If we were thinking with the big head rather than the little one, we'd ask out the fat girl, ask out the ordinary looking one, because she's more likely to remain faithful if only because her options are limited.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 3 years ago

Loved this February Sucks spin-off. Excellently done. 5* from me.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersover 3 years ago
Bwahahaha!!

And those other stories were less than believable, and this one wasn't? In an alternate universe, perhaps

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Remember the Song

"If you want to be happy all your life, make an ugly woman your wife."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Mr. Richards, the head cheerleader is likely not married, even at the pro level, so that is immaterial to this story. My point remains, that a FAITHFUL wife, while she may be tempted won't cheat, certainly not in the way described in these stories, and she CERTAINLY wouldn't expect her husband to accept it, and he likely wouldn't.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Has anyone considered writing a story where the husband walks off with the beautiful/famous woman leaving his wife humiliated?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

No one believes that nothing happened with Brad of course. Trouble is, no one would believe that anything happened with Rita if he told them either. It was a good take on the story, but he should have beaten more of the impetus for the "date" out of Chad. Who came up with the idea in the first place, and why Abby? A good twist would have him divorcing Abby to be with Rita after she dumped Brad. But since he enjoyed his night with Rita and evened the score, it was a good reconciliation. Good take on the undead story.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Nice Read***

Thanks for sharing.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Not me

Well the payback was fine with me but the divorced would have continued

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Like always.

The comments are better than the actual story. Numerous reader's felt the guy should have dumped his wife the minute she left with another man for the night. It's over. No man would put up with that kind of disrespect for the marriage from a wife who claims she loves him. How can one reconcile with a wife that does something this vile to a husband? Not happening.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Isn’t the term ‘deus ex machiana’ or something like that?

Plot device that magically appears to save the story?

In some LW stories the protagonist is a former navy SEAL (or some member of SOG), or has the close friend who is a computer hacker extraordinaire, or the childhood friend who is now a capo in the mob, or a multibillionaire, etc., etc. (and in some they are a combination of these!).

In this story the MC is tall, handsome and in shape. AND the asshole has an extraordinarily beautiful millionaire fiancée who reaches out to the MC with the revenge scenario (and who wouldn’t go along with that).

BUT what if the protagonist was a shorter, 30lb overweight, average looking schlub who was a hardworking insurance man, loving, and dedicated to his wife and family, who never served in the military because of his 20/200 eyesight? What if the asshole was a well known un-engaged bachelor (i.e. no millionaire fiancée to rescue the situation in such a spectacular way)? What then? And even with the fiancée, do you think she would plan, nor anyone would believe, the auction scenario with a physically average/below average MC.

“And finally we have this extrao... extra weighted, bespectacled, handso... nice looking gentleman. Do I hear $1000? Ah... how about $500? Come on, this is for the Rare Forms of Cancer Research Foundation! What? $5? Did someone say $5?Please, no joking here. How about $100? $50? $20! Please! Anybody? Anybody?”

An interesting variation of the story, but relies on at least two deus ex machina twists (handsome MC, millionaire fiancée) if not three (fiancée comes up with plan). That’s at least one too many for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NO WAY........................................................

This marriage survives. The level of disrespect, betrayal and the lack of care or consideration for her husband and family would have burned any love her husband had for her to the ground. After his night with the beautiful star, he should have gotten out of the limo and kissed his cheating slut of a wife with pussy flavored lips. And then told her that even though nothing happened between him and the starlet, reconciliation was out of the question and he was just there to get some clothes.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

I gave you a 4* I REALLY loved the concept! especially going off the board. I probably should have given you a 5 just for that, but then I slipped into critique mode, sorry. just little things. I was ok with the plan, I just didn't buy the make-up sex when he came home. or the lack of honesty by both in counseling. that kind of stuff festers.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 3 years ago

So many commentators react like this true life and not erotic fiction.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
Interesting story

But he should have dumped her.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Why can't anyone dream up something of their own. So tired of starting to read the exact same story. Use some originality.

1 star.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Got to echo a point made by sbrooks:

"if we only had stories that are 100% realistic, then we wouldn't have these stories."

I agree. They are just stories, fiction meant to entertain the reader. So, the question is: Did you enjoy the read? I did even though I didn't agree with the premise - that given the defined circumstances most wives would cheat... a few, yes, most, no. And certainly very few would humiliate their husband in such a public way.

I also can't see the MC even considering reconciliation, until she fesses up to screwing Brad... not coming home until 11am the next day, get real - no honesty, no forgiveness.

The get even plan was an OK option, but allowing her to think he got nothing, while knowing she got to stray is a loser in my book. All in all I could have never got past the planned betrayal his wife handed him. I feel that divorce was the only option, and after the night out with Rita, rub Abby's nose in it at some point down the line.

Still I enjoyed this version of "February Sucks." 5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

His revenge is good but I’d need to really know if she fucked him . She definitely sucked his cock . I’d need to grill him before I could commit to staying married

JeffTomJeffTomover 3 years ago
Different

I liked your story, but I think he should have divorced her.

Thank you for writing this story for all of us.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Well done, thanks!

It does track Feb Sucks very closely but I still got pleasure reading it and formulating my reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great read!

I've read most 9f the February Sucks stories, for some reason I can't get enough of them. Yours had a refreshing twist!

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchover 3 years ago
Almost dude!

This was a good, not great, read until you had him take her back... then it became a smoking' hot turd!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

why would the wimp take the slut back

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Weak

Sure, fuck Rita but why would he want the stupid cunt back?

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Ok I like your story

But, I don’t think I’d want to spend the rest of my life with that person.

helix247helix247over 3 years ago
fantastic variation on classic tale

IMO GeorgeAnderson is consistently the most inventive and most provocative writer active on Literotica. February Sucks is probably his best though not his most polished offering.

But this variation is very worthy and, as you point out, it dispenses with some of the worst implausibilities of the original story. Five stars!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 3 years ago

"We didn't do anything," Abbie said immediately. "We just spent the night talking... Nothing happened, John."

"First of all, Abbie," I lied, "nothing happened."

I'd have tried to use her own exact words back at her, as well as I could remember... but I've had used inflections to indicate it was by intent and, as such, likely a lie.

Could have offered for both of them to take lie detector tests...

immigrant1970immigrant1970over 3 years ago

Even if he fucks whole Brad's family he still wimpy cuck after he accepts his slut wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree why take her back. TRUST. Before and at gala stars in eyes etc.

She planned,played and physically cheated.

Emotional, mental, and physical cheating.

Love? Definitely no respect for you.

Regain TRUST?

No still WIMPY CUCKOLD.

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
February sucks

Probably my favourite version as I can't imagine not giving it back as much as it hurts and the BTB wasn't OTT. Very Nice

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Interesting Version.

I'm not sure when Abbie decided to sleep with Brad. Was it before she left with him or after?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No, oh hell No, and lastly Fuck No !!!

Your wife plotted against you, yes against YOU ! She knew what was going to happen and she knew what she was doing. Willingly she fucked another man, came home the next day freshly fucked and lied right to your face. You should have taken her by the hand dragging her to the bedroom, thrown her on the bed, stripped her clothes off and ripped her panties off, and see for yourself a raw freshly fucked pussy still seeping out her lover’s cum. Then and only then would you know the truth ! So much for her telling you “nothing happened”. But noooo, you decided to keep her even after that glorious fuck you gave Rita. Two wrongs don’t make a right....Fuck That !!! Revel in the memory of fucking and sucking a beautiful woman like Rita and getting paybacks instead of now looking at your wife each day living the lie that “nothing happened” when in fact you know she fucked and suck the night away while you was at home being her Cuckold. Looks to me that the only one with real BALLS in this story was Rita ( not literally) !!!

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

You write a great story. An impossible dream story but what the hell, it beats February Sucks by a mile.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 3 years ago
John gave up ALL right to complain...

whenever he thought "who in their right mind would turn down chance to sleep with Rita Sommers,." Now, they can reconcile as equally compromised.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 3 years ago
Very likable

I have to agree with several other comments. Maybe based on February sucks but completely different and much better overall storyline. Not a fan of BTB but I see equal justice and the way you wrote to work it out. The story works for me and was an enjoyable reading time. Gave it 5 stars was a toss up 4-5 but too many Anonymous comments pissed me off so went with 5. I have really enjoyed several other of your stories.

So please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Enjoyable FICTION

I chuckle at the comments which dissect the story as if it were true life and had to follow the "rules" as defined by each analyst. Geesh! This mildly erotic FICTION, friends and neighbors.

Stoney, I enjoyed your fresh take on the Sucks series. Don't be too surprised, but my personal reaction if I were the John character would be different - but hey! I'm just one of over 3 billion guys on this planet. I didn't allow that to detract from my enjoyment. Also, your intro was spot on - another editing pass would have taken out the last few boo-boos. Cheer up, your least perfect grammar/punctuation makes many authors (AND commenters) here look like, well, amateurs. (that's humor...)

Keep 'em comin'.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

All this story does is make the husband a wimpy cuckold! Nothing else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

People, people! Did you forget that this is a STORY? If you like dissection, try the science lab. This man wrote a story for his enjoyment and shared with us the chance to do the same. If it isn't what you like, there are thousands of other writers to try. Thank you Stoney, enjoyed the read (the story, the comments- not so much)! Looking forward to more.

somewhere east of Omaha

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Good fantasy revenge!!! I would have required a polygraph test for Abbie before I allowed her back...

There's probably a sex tape of Abbie out there!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay

My drawback is same in most of these stories. She is seduced

Can't be seduced if walk away at the beginning. No meetings,talks, lunches,or whatever. Has to meet spouse test.

jtwheels

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

“You would have said ‘no’” is never a justifiable reason to go behind your spouse’s back. Not for anything. Not even to hide knowledge of a friend’s cheating.

The issue remains trust. Regardless of what did or didn’t happen, and Chad’s involvement, Abbie planned to leave the club without her husband, on a preplanned date night.

Then when informed of the gala, Abbie went starstuck again. That’s a sign she didn’t learn from her separation. Then again, starstruck at the gala - it’s like she’d forgotten about her culpability, still wasn’t concerned how her husband felt, and not a thought about marital impact of her continued poor behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

No.... Too public... Too much humiliation... Way too much blatant disregard for.hubby... I would have been afraid to take her back... Afraid I'd wake up one night and strangle her in her sleep...

-jaye-

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
2nd read

I love the payback it's accurate and for me ill go for it too

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well written

At least start hiding assets

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There is no scenario

under which anyone but a weak, needy cuck would do anything but divorce her cheating ass. None.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
I like it

I've read many of the "February Sucks" stories. This one is among the five star variety. I particularly like your take on it being a movie star and especially the revenge idea.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
There Are Other Versions

Or sequels to the original that are much better than this one. Do you really believe there aren't professional football players and coaches out there sleazy enough to do this? How many have been caught cheating, offering bounties to injure players on the other teams or assaulting their girlfriends and wives? Then there are the ones droided up convicted of murder. Signed: BTW

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago

Very nicely written thoroughly enjoyed the story although at the end he really is a wimp thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Rita, Rita, Rita enough said

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

He is just a weak willed cuck!!! Rita just used him for HER revenge. Wifey/Slut humiliated him in front of the WHOLE WORLD!!!

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Good story, but I think I would have handled it differently. I would have insisted that the take a polygraph exam (and blood test to make sure she wasn't under the influence) to verify that she didn't cheat (the twelve year old standard, not the Bill Clinton standard). If she failed, I would have divorced her. Hopefully her mom and especially her dad would read her the riot act. A one time slip maybe you can get past, but hers involved planning decrption and public humiliation. I would have traded her in for Rita. Some stars are good people and are married to normal everyday people - quite successfully.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

when writing cuck stories use the cuck tag and you wont get one star for lying to the audience

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
LOL!

A WIMP story.

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

So the wife gets a night with a 5’6” pretty boy, and I get a night and ongoing relationship with the most beautiful woman in Hollywood? What part of that don’t I like? Especially since she’s still hitting on me. Of course, I’d take her up on the offer and fly out to Cali a few times a year to service a special client, but that’s just me. : )

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

OK story but, yeah, having Abbie take a polygraph would have been mandatory prior to any discussion. So explain why did it not happen?

robinhodrobinhodabout 3 years ago
Of all the February Sucks vehicles,

I'd rate this pretty low.

The original was pretty far fetched but so absorbing it was easy to get sucked in.

I really enjoyed it, and have read every add-on.

This was even more far fetched. It added little to the canon.

To be fair, it gains marks for originality, but that's not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story they both got to do 'nothing' sounds fair to me. After his night with Rita he shouldve stay married for a few weeks then divorced her, their marriage was no longer healthy.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

Just Going By

The first names of her favorite actors it was pretty obvious Abbie didn't have much class, then there's the fact she didn't care for Tom Hanks, that pretty well sealed the deal. Interesting choice of Rita for a character, being as that's Tom Hanks's wife's name. One thing this version has going for it that in as many of the other versions that I've read is John actually had friends at the table. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

IRL, there's nothing left of the marriage once the slut leaves with the "star". There's no "balancing the scales" by fucking Rita. The marriage is simply gone. The only complication is the children, but, contrary, to what most here think, "staying for the children" is a mistake. But, as is always the case, in order to facilitate a RAAC, the husband is written as weak and needy, starting here: "And the thought of losing her is driving me crazy also." The slut is not worth having. She can't be unfucked, and her deception about the evening and lies about not being fucked are a further sign of profound disrespect. Who would live with a cunt like that? IDK, probably 70% of the readers here who are cucks and fond of "alternate" lifestyles.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Meh

Brad never got his just deserts, and getting your dick wet doesn't make taking a cheating wife back any more sensible.

Rather than the lacklustre ending with him taking the wife back, it should just have turned into him getting together with Rita permanently, him getting with her for one night is already fantasy territory, so why not do it properly?

Would have been a far better revenge and happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Author: The men my wife does are sleazy, the women I do (in my dreams) are special. More nonsense from "conservative" old guys that spend their lives as couch potatoes as soon as they turn 30, pretending to be masculine "leaders" while writing silly BTB stories on LE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stupid really - so much drama to take the slut Abbie back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fair. Who's the daddy?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loathed the "Feburary Sucks" story and its many follow-ons, re-dos, and make-overs. So, sue me.

2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Put a cuck tag next time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story......but did Abbie sleep with him or NOT?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Slutarama and a weak, needy, cuck of a husband character. Why would an author think any normal husband would take the cunt back?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've heard people say "I slept with him/her". You didn't SLEEP, you were f--king, there's a difference...

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A great story AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Not a WACC... Not a RAAC either. The reconciliation had a just cost ... "Nothing happened." So it was equal. The scales were balanced. Of course only hubby and wifey know what really happened. A good follow up would be told from the wife's perspective.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

I liked it as a variant.

The sleazy actor role does play for a good villain.

I will comment that the one thing Mr GA did like none other is display the vulnerability of his male lead. Most other stories have made the scorned husband vengeful and bent on retribution if not complete destruction.

The problem with revenge is it never comes out even. Either too little and therefore insufficient or it lays the groundwork for one up man ship.

All in all very respectable entry

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

You Know

I don't really care for revenge fucks. This tale was interesting, but barely. She cheated, he cheated. Who wins?

The divorce lawyers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He should have made her take a lie detector test.

She would have been too scared to lie.

Bill

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

Good variant on the original story, they both should have found out each other cheated though since you explicitly wrote above his revenge session. Other than that, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too bad Brad wouldn't have knocked Abbie up and John would have knocked Rita up with twins. Rita maybe would have retired and showed John what a wife REALLY was like, also getting HIS children from Abbie. Abbie and Brad started the whole mess and John didn't deserve it. Brad, being a whoremaster, did pork Abbie and I'll bet they didn't play over 2 games of Monopoly! ANOTHER SEQUEL TO THIS THAT PLAYS OUT THIS WAY WOULD BE SOMETHING! Saddletramp, please write it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Meh

Usual literotica thinking. Wife willingly and blatantly cheats, husband cries, gets some pussy as 'revenge', and all's forgiven. Bleh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Who cares

Who cares if she fucked the guy or not. Publicly abandoning her family, and leaving with the movie star was enough to terminate the marriage.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

Speaking of this trope in general, I can suspend disbelief enough to accept that an otherwise faithful loving wife would go off with the handsome celebrity. It gets stretched to and maybe beyond the breaking point that she would go off right in front of her husband. Where they lose me is when she thinks that her husband would roll over and accept it. She may push that into the back of her mind at first, but when it's time to go home, she has to know that her marriage is irreparably damaged, if not destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Once again, no accountability for the choices women make. Both the wife, and her friend, suffered no consequences.

ZK

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

She gets away Scott free

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 3 years ago

Wasted time reading it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

“The Movie Star and My Ex Wife”. There, fixed it for you. 😁

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the comments bemoaned the lack of a lie detector test. Totally agree. She would have been terrified of it & it would have been totally accurate.

No way not to divorce her then as she deserves.

This story had him admitting he wanted her back regardless. His going with Rita was admitting he knew she cheated and he just didn’t care. A true asshole wimp CUCK!

One star since there are no minus stars.

Bill

dazzer15dazzer15almost 3 years ago
Unintended consequences

Both this and February Suck have a similarity to Unintended consequences by bigguy33 although the villain wasn't famous he just had a big dick. But the plot is similar

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

Wife cheats with celebrity, husband is upset, after some mind-numbingly boring shenanigans they live HEA, so pretty much the same as GA’s turd that everyone raves about.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Wrong

Wrong out come,when she left with Brad the wimp should have ensured she also left their marriage.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
@dazzer15 — I’d been trying to remember that story’s name and author

I totally recalled the story itself. Just couldn’t remember enough to find it. Thanks.

Liked the outcome of that one the best — total beat down.

Was “Unintended Consequences” the original “February Sucks” archetype? Or were there any earlier? Specifically, in front of friends and unplanned, the wife goes off with someone else over husbands objections. Husband detained somehow (subterfuge, physical restraint, etc.). Wife thinks “He loves me enough to allow me this ‘one off’.”

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - stupid wimp/cuck crap - just another repeat of George's 'Feb. Sucks' unbelievable fantasy story.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

"So, Abbie. I have a surprise for you." I'm smiling.

"Oh, really? What is it," she asks happily.

"I've arranged for you to take a lie detector test." Maybe my smile isn't reaching my eyes...?

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
If One Were To Invoke

The legal standard of 'What would a reasonable person think', she would certainly fail as would he if they denied "that anything happened." Of course in that standard the 'reasonable person' is fiction as is the story. Would anyone just leave with a celebrity in front of their significant other and not expect it to end the relationship? That is is the biggest fault of this whole line of these stories. "I love you, I'm the same person I was before, We can get past this, It's something I had to do, etc. If that's the case then you are so fucked, you married a monster. It comes down to lack of respect, total loss of trust and betrayal. Why anyone would freely choose to stay with someone with such a skewed moral compass is beyond me. Signed: BTW

AethurAethurover 2 years ago

Overall, I liked this rendition of the theme, but I'm not feeling the reconciliation. I would have to assume she finally admitted to cheating during counseling, but she was unwilling to prior. That's my hang up. It wasn't a "I'll do it for the kids", it was "I got my revenge, so let's make it work". It was good revenge, but it doesn't balance things out in my mind. To me, at least. I just don't see how trust could ever be re-established.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I don't buy the reconciliation. When you realize that you're married to a shallow person who doesn't care about your feelings or self-esteem, you bail the heck out. Rita might get a pass for being in Hollywood, but she had to know that it wouldn't last either. It's very sad but this is life. We love people for their strengths, and when they show us a fatal weakness, we know that we are not safe with them and bail out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I believe in second chances, but this would not been one of them. No way I could have ever lived with her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two wrongs don't make a right. Everything from there was plain stupid. You made very good point at first (the disrespect the wife showed, etc, etc,) and never adressed you them. You just lowered him down to her level. The reconciliation is not believable. She hurt him, so she hurt her back... Really? Do you think this is the best foundation for a married couple? Plain stupid.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Ah, but is the kid yours?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous