The Mystery at Pere Lachaise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So I will get dressed and leave. Will we do this again?" he asked

"Why are you leaving its 2 in the morning don't you want to sleep? You must be tired?"

"Yes, but don't you want me to leave?"

"No, we are lovers not fuck buddies come this is a very large bed and I promise not to fuck you while you sleep you need your rest."

He got in the bed beside her naked and he guessed it was ok to stay and sleep.

Chapter 9

The sun was across Noah's face and he smelt coffee. He got up, stretched and saw it was 9 am on his wristwatch he had not had time to take off. Good job it was waterproof he thought. His mind ran over the events of the night before. The sex had been something else. He heard Chantal talking and he picked up the bathrobe he had worn put it on and went to find her.

She was busy talking on her phone and cooking bacon, scrambled eggs and toast. She smiled as she saw him and pointed to the coffee. He helped himself.

"Monique" she said as she ended the call "Do you eat breakfast? A poor student I guessed could do with a great big breakfast"

"Did I get you in trouble for being late for work?"

"No, Tuesdays I go in for 11.30 and Monique was just calling me to tell me she had to let our receptionist go she was stealing shampoos and stuff. No for you I would be late for work. Did you enjoy last night?"

"I still can't believe I did all that it was good yes"

"So you would do it all again?"

"Yes and more if you think you can train me"

She laughed and then said, "You're a quick learner"

She gave him a huge breakfast and she was right, as a poor student a free meal was a great thing. They agreed to meet Friday at her apartment and she agreed to take him further sexually. Before they parted company she gave him a taste of what they could do by taking him into the other room with a locked door. It was like the other soft playroom. It contained what looked like a rack on the wall directly facing you as you entered it. There were various rings on the walls at varying heights and a table that could be added to and a bench. There were bars and handcuffs hanging from the ceiling, on what looked like hoist systems, and wardrobes with male and female costumes. There were some cabinets that were shut and Noah didn't want to know at the moment what they contained.

"No one rules in here. I told you I am not a dominatrix I like to be tied up as well as tie you up. I will teach you and there are no whips just a few floggers and one riding crop. I like to play not torture"

Noah left with her and they talked as they walked towards the metro. They parted with a passionate kiss and went in different directions. He kept flashing back to the sex they had and he felt aroused by it all. He had never been so aware of his own strength, instincts, how his whole body had felt and the need to take control and lose it when needed. He went and did his shift at Pere and then went to see his professor to discuss what he had learnt so far about Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart design, the history of Pere and how he was developing his Masters thesis.

Pere had been built at the bequest of Napoleon Bonaparte and is the biggest cemetery in the city of Paris. It had been laid out by Brongniart and opened in 1804 as a cemetery for all the citizens of Paris not matter their status or religion. It hadn't been the great success Napoleon envisaged it was too far out from the city centre and some citizens felt they needed to lie eternally with a better class of person. The rich did not want to end up next to the poor. The Roman Catholics also objected that the church had not blessed the grounds. So to encourage people the administrators devised a marketing strategy and, organised the transfer of the remains of La Fontaine and Molière to Pere. It worked and the original Pere was extended greatly over time and the great and good clambered to buy plots. Noah mentioned the tomb he had been studying. His professor had heard of it and encouraged him to continue his work.

His day over Noah returned to his apartment and after cooking and eating his Toulouse sausages and vegetables he decided to gather up Missy's things. He turned on his phone to check his messages. Chantal had rung and suggested that Friday should slip into Saturday and Sunday she wanted him and knew he wasn't working. Missy had left more voice mails this time tears and begging him to come and see her then a few threats. His mother had phoned to say Monique had called about his hair and dinner next week she was ok so was his father. He quickly showered and put on a pair of sweats.

Missy's things luckily she had left a large Louis Vuitton suitcase. He gathered all her clothes from his wardrobe, her knickers and a bra from his chest of drawers, her shoes and boots and the clothes he had washed with his sheets. His wardrobe and drawers now looked empty. He checked the bathroom and was a lot of stuff he was going to struggle taking it to Missy's apartment on the metro, it and, she had arrived by taxi a luxury he couldn't afford. The doorbell buzzed and he wondered if it was Missy so he asked who it was "Chantal" was the answer.

He looked around the apartment was tidy but he had Missy's suitcases in the living area and he was in sweats. He shook his head then opened the door. "Chantal come in"

She smiled, walked in and kissed him "I can't stay long I am off to dinner with friends but I bought gifts and couldn't wait till Friday. I have been thinking of you all day" Her eyes moved to the suitcases.

"Missy's, my ex, she had things here and I have packed them."

"Ah yes" she said. "I am sorry to call without asking but I like the view" she was now concentrating on his body in the low hung sweats "Shame I have this dinner" she smiled again.

He took her coat even though she couldn't stay long. Under her teal suede coat she was wearing a tight white sequinned knitted dress and black boots. The dress fit her like a glove and Noah found himself wondering what she wore underneath it.

She passed him the first of two bags it contained the two bottles of wine they hadn't finished and a box. He opened the box and took out what looked like torch, with a lid, and an attached battery compartment.

"It's an artificial vagina designed to help you control your ejaculation. The more you can put it off the better your eventual climax will be. I know you have probably used a pair of socks or your hand to masturbate. Now I want you to use that," she said as if talking about an everyday item not a sex toy.

She didn't fool around. He took the lid off and saw the vagina then closed it and put it on the kitchen counter with the wine. The second bag contained underwear, every type D&G produced, a long grey silk robe and matching silk sweats.

"I hope you don't mind. It's a gift not a bribe or payment for sex. Your underwear though entertaining couldn't have been comfortable and you deserve nice things. I will see you in your underwear for longer than your clothes." She kissed him again "When you visit Friday you don't need to bring this stuff I have a duplicate set for you at my apartment. I hope it's ok to treat you I don't want to upset you"

"No, these are beautiful thank you I love D&G but can't afford it" he really was delighted and he kissed her and held her.

"Great then you won't mind a few other gifts. I was talking about you to a client and she wants you to attend her yoga classes. I know you probably lift weights and jog but yoga and Tai Chi offer a workout that tones and sculpts your body but doesn't bulk you up so much. She wants to attract young men to the classes and she is offering you free membership to her spas and free classes in return for photographs and an interview. She told me to give you this card" she it took from her clutch bag and passed it to him " It's a privilege card so just go along and it will be set up. Also I have this card it gets you into a warehouse in the suburbs that is owned by a friend and it contains designer samples that we use in photo shoots and you can pick up some new things. I know you don't have many clothes and these would be free, no limits and no catch. You have good taste I liked what you wore last night and I know how tight money must be"

He didn't know what to say so he just put the cards down and grab her and passionately kissed her. He wanted so much to fuck her and he guessed by her movements she wanted him too. He started to pull up her dress but she stopped him.

"I really have to go or I will be very late but I would rather be here. So till Friday"

Reluctantly he let her leave. The clothes delighted him, the yoga; it was different from when Missy did these things he felt good about it not under an obligations to Chantal. He poured some red wine and went over to his study area and his papers on the Lady in Black.

Chapter 10

Noah had had his photographs of the graves enlarged to A4 and the first thing he noticed was all three ladies had been born on either the 28th February or 1st March. Amanda Trufant had been born on the 1st of March 1940, Angeline Marchant 28th February 1920 and Adelaide Murdoch 28th February 1890. The dates were in the folder but no one had really looked at them. He knew Anna-Elise was born 1st March 1970. Noah quickly looked for the list of the dates for each woman's period as the Lady in Black. There was a pattern Adelaide had been 22 when she first visited the tomb, Angeline had been 17 both had always visited the tomb, except for leap years on their birthdays. Amanda had been 22 when she first visited the tomb and Anna-Elise 17 and both had always visited on their birthdays the 1st March. But that was not all Anna-Elise was born 1970, Amanda 30 years earlier in 1940, Angeline in 1920, 20 years before Amanda and finally Adelaide, 1890, 30 years before Angeline.

So Noah had two patterns 17,22,17 and 22 and 30,20 and 30. He figured Alice the new Lady in Black must have been born in 1990, 20 years after Anna-Elise, making her 22 and either born 28th February or 1st March. But he would put good money on it being 28th February. One other thing Noah knew for sure was that there had been four other ladies in black. If the patterns worked then Adelaide's predecessor had to have been born in 1870 and been 17 in 1887, the one before born 1840 and 22 in 1862, then born 1820 and 17 in 1837 and finally born 1790 and 22 in 1812. What it all meant was elusive but there had to be some meaning to someone. He assumed these ladies would be buried at Pere and as part of this for want of a better word internship he had access to all the records of the burials at the cemetery. Tomorrow he would work on the database he had created for the administrators of all the burials not just the famous ones as was currently held. Tonight he would finish his wine and work out how to use his new artificial vagina.

Chapter 10

Noah awoke early he had a few tasks today he had to work, return Missy's stuff and visit the clothes warehouse and the spa for his yoga. Work was first on his list. Rene was only too happy for him to work on the database he had some requests from international visitors for information on some of the burials. People often asked for information to track relatives. Noah knew they wouldn't take long and he could do his research as well.

He knew he needed four other ladies whose names began with an A28th and he was certain they would be buried at Pere-Lachaise. He tracked down the names of every woman buried in the cemetery with a first name which began with an A, then removed those who died after the first of his known ladies died. That was Adelaide Murdoch who had died in 1984 at 94. He had assumed her predecessor had not lived after her because she would have been 114. It had been laborious work to create the database now he was glad he had.

Armed with his pattern he found two candidates born in 1870, one in 1840, three in 1820 and one in 1790. He wondered if the birth date was a pattern the last two were March, the two before February, would the two before them have been March and the first two women been born in February. His 1790 candidate Anrid Kittleson was born 28th February. His three initial candidates born in 1820 dropped to one born 28th February Averill Moy. His 1840 candidate, Azure Hawse, was indeed born on 1st March and Angelia Stockton was born 1st March 1870. All were buried in either division 13 or 14 of the cemetery near to where the tomb itself was in division 11. Noah could not believe that he may have found all eight of the owners of the title Lady in Black. He knew he would have to visit the newly found graves before leaving today. He found all four graves and photographed them from all angles as he had the others.

His next stop was home to drop of his research and collect Missy's suitcases. He decided to go by cab they were heavy and too much for the metro. He arrived at her apartment building and after explaining to the concierge who the suitcases were for he was allowed to leave them. He texted her to say he had left them with Frederick and they would be held in the concierges office for safekeeping. Next the clothes warehouse.

It was a large standard modern looking warehouse and he showed the card Chantal gave him, to a security guard, and he was let in. Inside it was laid out like a department store over two levels downstairs women's wear upstairs men's. He was directed to see the assistants who would help him find what he needed and explain how things worked. He still couldn't believe the clothes would be free and he found out that they were free to him because Chantal's friend turned out to be her brother Max. He could have as much as he wanted and no problems about carrying it all they could deliver it for a small fee of €20 which he did have to pay.

The displays and racks were laid out by designer brand and the assistant, Georges, suggested he look at D&G, Armani, Voi, Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Versace, Tommy Hilfiger, Tom Ford, Burberry and Vivienne Westwood because of his age and build. Not knowing anything about fashion Noah asked, Georges to help. He jumped at the chance to help it would go down well with his boss, helping his sister's friend and he fancied Noah and wanted to see him undressed. They soon had jeans, t-shirts, polo tops, suits, blazers, shirt, ties, sweats, jackets, trainers and shoes from all the designers. The warehouse also had after shaves, balms, and hair products, moisturisers, bath and shower stuff and Georges knew exactly what to pick and explained how to use them.

George said he couldn't let him leave in his ill-fitting black jeans and rough old jumper. So they agreed on a pair of slim-fit Ralph Lauren jeans, a white merino and cashmere tight fit top and a navy pea coat. His old stuff got shoved in a plastic bag. The assistant also suggested a new messenger bag and a weekend bag. Noah paid his delivery fee and Georges said the clothes would arrive the next morning at 10 am as arranged.

Noah took a look at himself he would certainly reward Chantal for this. No one had every done anything like this for him before. His next-port-of-call was the yoga spa. It was much the same there he was treated like a celebrity. He met Gillian the owner and agreed to some before and after shots and he attended his first class and was photographed there. It was hard work and he could feel it in his muscles after he was given a massage and allowed to eat, for free, a very welcome and luxurious lobster salad. He decided that he had to take a taxi home, it would cost a fair amount, but he honestly felt too tired to walk to and from the metro stations. On his ride home he texted Chantal and thanked her for everything she had done and arranged for him.

Unfortunately his day went down hill fast when he saw Missy sitting on the floor outside his apartment. It was now 8 pm he was tired and just wanted to undress and put on his new silk sleepwear. An argument with Missy was not what he wanted or needed.

"New clothes. Did your slut buy them for you?"

"What are you talking about Missy? And why are you here I returned your clothes!"

"I saw her last night the women who came to your apartment! I saw you kissing her and now look your arriving home in new clothes you didn't wear them when you left home this morning"

"Missy have you been watching me? I ended it we weren't anything special so what's your problem? And watching me is stalking! And it's a crime here in France"

"My problem is you! You fucker! You drop me for some old slut and I am supposed to accept tit. You owe me. I want everything I bought you back"

"You can have it all back. What was it oh yes underwear one pair of pants and the boots I have never worn and few bottles of shower gel? I'll get them for you wait here"

"No way I'm coming in" and she pushed him in as he opened the door.

"Fine the pants are here I washed them yesterday and the boots are still in the box in my bedroom I'll get them"

She followed him as he collected everything and then she grabbed him and tried to kiss him.

"Fuck off Missy ok. We are over and yes I have moved on. I didn't plan it but we have had problems since day one. Lets try and be adults" she smacked him hard across the face it stung "Ok just leave"

"I'm sorry Noah I just can't be without you. I love you"

"No Missy you don't. You love to fuck me you love my cock but don't love me the person and if you did how come you never talk to me about your friends and family? Or introduced me to your friends. I was just a piece of cheap arse you could fuck, when you were bored, and dismiss. Go or I will call the police"

"This is not the end Noah you wait and see!" and with that she took the stuff and left slamming the door behind her.

Noah went and put the bolt and chain on the door and went to the bathroom to look at his face. As he thought her large amethyst ring had cut his cheek a little "Fuck her" he said then he went to his bedroom and changed into his silk sweats. He was awake now so turned his attention to the photographs he had taken at Pere. He loaded them on his computer.

When he looked at the photographs of the all seven graves nothing obvious stood out. All were of different designs but of good quality and expensive at the time of each woman's death. None of the four ladies had married so only Anna-Elise had married very interesting but whether it was relevant was another matter.

His eyes soon tired of the photographs and then he noticed on the back of each of the seven graves was an engraving into the stone. He could not read it on the A4 copies even with a magnifying glass. So he went to his computer and looked at the original digital images, of all the photographs, and using a specialised programme he eventually got left with a single image Заказ клятвы линии крови. Running it through a free on-line translation programme he found it was Russian and said order of the oath of the line of the blood. Another mystery Noah thought.

He started to research the quote to no avail. There were many blood oaths sworn by all sorts of people from knights to the Freemasons. Nothing. He had almost given up when he decided that perhaps there might be something on or in the actual tomb itself. He dug out the skeleton keys Claude had given him. Holding them he wondered if Anna-Elise might help if he got close enough he had respected her vow and not approached her but maybe just maybe.

Chapter 11

Noah awoke early the next morning his face still stung from Missy's slap. He put on some new pants and the clothes he had worn home from the warehouse. He decided to call Claude and ask a few questions and update him on what he had found out.

Claude doubted Anna-Elise would or even could help. Claude explained she had visited a friend in Paris, the week before, and when she returned her memories were changed. She could not remember the visit, the friends name or address. She knew Claude, their marriage and life, their meetings in the cemetery and her yearly visits but she could not remember whose tomb she visited. She had no memory of what she did on each visit other than her conversations with Claude. She could still read his thoughts but when he read hers about her role and vow her thoughts, unlike before when they were blocked, they were there but a jumble of pieces of information that didn't fit together.